frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A challenge to the athiest, thiest,

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB ;
    Well, Religious people are told that if they die, they go to heaven, which, if that exists, sounds better than the real world. Which means if they do something dangerous, like drunk driving, the know if they die, they go to the afterlife, and really don't care.

Atheists on the other hand know that once you die, that's it, and will try to avoid doing crime at all costs. Which in America, atheists make up 0.1-0.2% of all Inmates 
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-prisoners-less-likely-to-be-atheists/

So, what other evidence do you need?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

From your article, because you apparently have an anti religious agenda to push?

"Are Prisoners Less Likely To Be Atheists?"

Let me ask you this, do you maybe view yourself as being prejudiced towards the religious parents, and religioud kids? 

Do you view and place your anti religious views above the rest of the religious individuals, because you have an anti religious agenda to push? 
    @TTKDB ;

I don't have "anti religious" agenda. How did that link have anything to do with that?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

So you're saying that if more people were atheist minded like you, then there would be less people in jail?

But via the atheist mindset, some the with the atheist mindset ate labelling the religious parents and kids as indoctrinated sheeple? 

Joeseph has been utilizing the indoctrinated sheeple dialogue towards the religious parents and kids for a few days now via this forum.

So here we have two of you, one atheist labelling the religious parents and kids as indoctrinated sheeple.

And another atheist apparently implying that if others are atheist minded like you and Joeseph that less people would find themselves in jail, if they adopted yours and Joesephs mindset? 

You're telling me that you don't have an agenda? 

Maybe in a sense, the atheist mindset is equivalent to it's own form of politics? 

So here's a way to view the atheist mindset, be an atheist and stay out of jail, but at the same time you'll get the opportunity to label people as indoctrinated sheeple at your casual convenience? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

So what about the other religious individuals who aren't in jail, might you view them as individual failures because they've failed to adopt your atheist mindset?  

And I'll ask you again, do you maybe view yourself as being prejudiced towards the religious parents, and religioud kids? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

No comment yet huh? 
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB
    Im not prejudiced towards the people who are religious, I hate the religion itself.

You happy mr impatient  
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

What about this question?

So what about the other religious individuals who aren't in jail, might you view them as individual failures because they've failed to adopt your atheist mindset?  
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    There's nothing such thing as Religion as being a reason for why offenders commit their crimes. 

I challenge anyone to provide evidence that speaks to the opposite of that point of view. 

If you have the evidence, please provide the website and webpage, so that I can read and see the same evidence that you may claim that religion is a reason for why people might commit crimes? 

Modern day crimes and offenses. 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    There's nothing such thing as Religion as being a reason for why offenders commit their crimes. 

I challenge anyone to provide evidence that speaks to the opposite of that point of view. 

If you have the evidence, please provide the website and webpage, so that I can read and see the same evidence that you may claim that religion is a reason for why people might commit crimes? 

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:

It was because poeple were Jewish that resulted in Hitler commiting the Holocaust. That is the biggest example that religion is a reason that people commit crime
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

So in a sense, are you maybe suggesting that Hitler used the Jewish religion against the Jewish people themselves?

TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

So in a sense, are you maybe suggesting that Hitler used the Jewish religion against the Jewish people themselves?

Well, oh i don't know...

When you use religion as a catalyst to kill 6,000,000 people as a scapecaot... Yes, he's using the Jewish religion agianst the people who support it. Oce again, proving why religion is bad
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

So in a sense, Hitler used religion as an excuse to do what he did to the Jewish people?

Still, Hitler did what he did, and religion had nothing to do with it.

Hitler and his apparent "Hatred" was the catalyst for what he did to the Jewish people. 

Think about it, if Hitler hadn't of committed suicide, and could have been put on trial for war crimes, do you believe that Hitler and religion both would have been found guilty of war crimes? 

My hypothesis guess, Hitler likely would have been found guilty, and religion wouldn't have been found guilty of anything. 
    Zombieguy1987

You keep missing the point...
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

I'm not missing the point.

Why blame religion for the crimes, and not the Individual? 

If a person a person commits a murder, who is going to get the blame, (this or that religion is going to be used as the offenders reasoning/ excuse as to why the offender) committed a murder? 

Can you take that defense and use it in a war crimes trial, or in a United States courtroom? 

Because if religion can't be put on trial, along with the offender, then religion can't be used as a (reason or excuse) for why a war criminal, or an offender committed their various crimes than can it? 

If religion is so bad, why not make an effort, to file a lawsuit against every religious building, in the United States? 

Because the minister, preacher, or pastor, is making an effort, to harm anyone who walks through the doors of a religious building, whenever a religious service is going on?

This way, everyone in the religious building, can be interviewed inside the religious building, and conduct an investigation to see if the religious individuals, are "doing any wrongs" against the people who went into the religious building voluntarily like they did the times beforehand? 

To see if religion is bad, or if an individual is using religion to do wrongs with? 

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

I'm not missing the point.

Why blame religion for the crimes, and not the Individual? 

If a person a person commits a murder, who is going to get the blame, (this or that religion is going to be used as the offenders reasoning/ excuse as to why the offender) committed a murder? 

Can you take that defense and use it in a war crimes trial, or in a United States courtroom? 

Because if religion can't be put on trial, along with the offender, then religion can't be used as a (reason or excuse) for why a war criminal, or an offender committed their various crimes than can it? 

If religion is so bad, why not make an effort, to file a lawsuit against every religious building, in the United States? 

Because the minister, preacher, or pastor, is making an effort, to harm anyone who walks through the doors of a religious building, whenever a religious service is going on?

This way, everyone in the religious building, can be interviewed inside the religious building, and conduct an investigation to see if the religious individuals, are "doing any wrongs" against the people who went into the religious building voluntarily like they did the times beforehand? 

To see if religion is bad, or if an individual is using religion to do wrongs with? 

Because religion is a bad influence on people and can result in crimes like the holocaust or the recent terrorist attacks by Islamist extremists.

If religion wasn’t a thing, events like the holocaust, or ISIS wouldn’t happen   
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

If some of humanity maybe didn't have such a personal dislike for the others around himself.

Maybe he could mentality wise stop using "religion, or for the most part, any excuses that one human being can come up with to use an a crutch," to harm another human being, or thousands, or millions of other human beings, then he might find some simple peace within himself.

But if he wants to commit the various crimes that he can think up, it's on his own shoulders, and the owness solely belongs to the offender.

Zombieguy1987