frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are liberals the true bigots?

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    No, you're the true bigot.  (said sarcastically btw).
    TKDBDeeZombieguy1987

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @ZeusAres42

Where's your individual evidence to support this statement, from you, towards "YeshuaRedeemed?"

"No, you're the true bigot. (said sarcastically btw)."

And what does your individual statement, have to do with the theme of the forum? 
    ZeusAres42Zombieguy1987
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Where's your individual evidence to support this statement, from you, towards "YeshuaRedeemed?"

"No, you're the true bigot."

And what does your individual statement, have to do with the theme of the forum? 
    Why don't you ask YeshuaRedeemed for evidence that liberals are the true bigots? So much for a person who claims he is an honest, equal, and fair conversationalist eh TKDB?
    TKDBDeeAlofRIZombieguy1987

@ZeusAres42

(This statement from you is unequal, and unfair, is it not?)

@ZeusAres42

So in other words, you don't have any individual evidence to support your expressed statement? 

And no links, to support your counter argument?

"Why don't you ask YeshuaRedeemed for evidence that liberals are the true bigots?
    So much for a person who claims he is an honest, equal, and fair conversationalist eh TKDB?"

Do you know me, to make this claim? 

"So much for a person who claims he is an honest, equal, and fair conversationalist eh TKDB?"

I'm an equal and fair debate individual, I'm about equality when it comes to debating. 

I like to be educated on both sides of any debate, this way, I'm being educated, in an equal, and fair manner.

Wouldn't you maybe view that, as a fair and equal premise, to be educated on, by any debate? 

ZeusAres42DeeZombieguy1987
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

@ZeusAres42

So in other words, you don't have any individual evidence to support your expressed statement? 

"Why don't you ask YeshuaRedeemed for evidence that liberals are the true bigots? So much for a person who claims he is an honest, equal, and fair conversationalist eh TKDB?"

Your above response, answers the question. 

So in other words you admit that you are not an honest, impartial and Equal conversationalist as you have claimed in other debates. And you also admit that you think all liberals are biggots. Your above response answers those questions.
    TKDBDeeZombieguy1987

@ZeusAres42

Read the below:

And no links, to support your counter argument?

"Why don't you ask YeshuaRedeemed for evidence that liberals are the true bigots? 
    So much for a person who claims he is an honest, equal, and fair conversationalist eh TKDB?"

Do you know me, to make this claim? 

"So much for a person who claims he is an honest, equal, and fair conversationalist eh TKDB?"

I'm an equal and fair debate individual, I'm about equality when it comes to debating. 

I like to be educated on both sides of any debate, this way, I'm being educated, in an equal, and fair manner.

Wouldn't you maybe view that, as a fair and equal premise, to be educated on, by any debate?  

Are CNN, and MSNBC educating the viewing public, in a fair, and equal manner?

No, that wouldn't appear to be the situation, being that their viewership, are primarily liberal oriented?

The proof is in their own programming, so you can turn your TV on, and tune in to either channel, and be educated, by their mindset? 

Listen to the choice narratives on either channel? 

@ZeusAres42 ;

"So in other words you admit that you are not an honest, impartial and Equal conversationalist as you have claimed in other debates. And you also admit that all liberals are biggots. Your above response answers those questions."

I haven't admitted a thing to you, ZeusAres42, have I?

Being that my Independent, and educated clarity is sound.

I'm pro unborn baby, pro children, pro family, pro law abiding, pro public, and pro "Old School Journalism."

ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You’re spot on Z , she detests everyone that’s not a white American “Christian “ , her daily rants on here and C D are evidence enough 
    Zombieguy1987
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Thats T K for you , his inconsistency is part of the bigger package regarding his overall lunacy 
    ZeusAres42Zombieguy1987
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Says the Christian who again totally ignores “ judge not others lest you be judged “, “love thy neighbour as thyself “ .....

Jesus would detest you 
    ZeusAres42AlofRIZombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

What does this from you have to do with the theme of the forum?

Are liberals the true bigots?

"Thats T K for you , his inconsistency is part of the bigger package regarding his overall lunacy."

• Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

You’re spot on Z , she detests everyone that’s not a white American “Christian “ , her daily rants on here and C D are evidence enough 
    I was being sarcastic as I thought this was a silly question to ask. I also think it was an unfair rhetorical question. What's more is the video isn't even about liberals; it's about someone's opinion of leftists. 
    AlofRIZombieguy1987

• Furthermore, I think people need to stop confusing lefties with liberals; these are two different parties.

Also, I think for someone of either party to claim that the other is racist or bigoted is a reflection of black and white thinking as well as a failure to recognize that political beliefs exist on the whole spectrum, with billions of people around the globe sharing both liberal and conservative views. 

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    I would say liberals have more than their fair share of bigotry in their ranks!!
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

One of my previous response was sarcastic as already explained. Anyway, it wouldn't matter what I said, you'd still be asking me to provide evidence for my position and not the other party because you're one-sided; definitely not fair or about equality about debating, and you demonstrate this with every post! 

• A large number of people in the US and some numbers in other countries continue to confuse leftists with liberals. I also wonder how many people here actually watched the video in the OP which was about leftists; not liberals?

By the way here is US Republican Ben Shapiro explaining the difference between leftist and liberals:

Zombieguy1987

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    If T-Rump can claim to be the "least racist", I can claim to be the "least bigoted liberal" (with FAR more honesty) o:) 

I still can't fathom how a professed "sexually abused woman" can hold in esteem, a proven sexual abuser … by his own words as well as a proven , a person who's many statements have a shelf life of sometimes less than a day. Then there's the obvious child abuse at the border and in Mississippi (as instances). The obvious racial slurs about other "SH" countries, cities run by people of other colors, states on camera that he is a "nationalist" (while being white (orange counts ;-). You are a bit hard to understand, if I must say so myself, but, you know me, I respect your opinion, it's just that this seems so "un-Jesus-like".
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Just had a thought: Maybe it's similar to "Stockholm Syndrome", where the abused feels connected to the abuser?? Think about it, I will. :(
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Yeah, I SAW, how you edited your statement.

First it was this:
    "No, you're the true bigot"

Then this new version:
    "No, you're the true bigot.  (said sarcastically btw.)

"I was being sarcastic as I thought this was a silly question to ask. I also think it was an unfair rhetorical question. What's more is the video isn't even about liberals; it's about someone's opinion of leftists."

Are CNN, and MSNBC educating the viewing public, in a fair, and equal manner?

No, that wouldn't appear to be the situation, being that their viewership, are primarily liberal oriented?

The proof is in their own programming, so you can turn your TV on, and tune in to either channel, and be educated, by their mindset? 

Listen to the choice narratives on either channel? 

@ZeusAres42 ;

"So in other words you admit that you are not an honest, impartial and Equal conversationalist as you have claimed in other debates. And you also admit that all liberals are biggots. Your above response answers those questions."

I haven't admitted a thing to you, ZeusAres42, have I?

Being that my Independent, and educated clarity is sound.

I'm pro unborn baby, pro children, pro family, pro law abiding, pro public, and pro "Old School Journalism." 
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Yeah, I SAW, how you edited your statement.

First it was this:
    "No, you're the true bigot"

Then this new version:
    "No, you're the true bigot.  (said sarcastically btw.)

"I was being sarcastic as I thought this was a silly question to ask. I also think it was an unfair rhetorical question. What's more is the video isn't even about liberals; it's about someone's opinion of leftists."
    Yes, that is what I said. I was drunk and angry and so I was sarcastic. In all honesty, I cannot say that I truly believe the OP is a bigot as I don't know the OP and/or have enough information about the OP to make such a claim and/or form that opinion. 

By the same token, I cannot say that all liberals are bigots because I do not know every liberal person and/or do not have enough information to make such a claim or form an opinion about all liberals.

Likewise, I also cannot say that I believe all Republicans are bigots or any other derogatory term because I do not know all Republicans and/or have enough information to make such a claim or form an opinion about all Republicans.

Furthermore, I also cannot say that all liberals are bigots based on just watching a YouTube video of a man giving an opinion about leftists.

Additionally, I also cannot say that all liberals are bigots just by watching some media biased news sources as I still would not know all liberals as well as this not being enough information to go on.

Likewise, I can also not conclude that all liberals or all republicans are all bigots based on the premise that I once came across an individual who I thought was bigotted who also happened to be liberal, or republican.

What I can say however is that I think any individual can be bigoted regardless of their political affiliation.

• No political ideology is immune to bigotry. Whether it was Stalin who criminalized homosexuality, or conservatives doing it.  The potential for bigotry is there for all ideologies. That said, there do seem to be certain ideologies which have it more often, but that is not justification to assume the person of that ideology is a bigot, well, except maybe Hitlerite Nazis. I'm almost certain that ideology requires bigotry, though Strasserist Nazism is a different story: that strand of Nazism may or may not be bigoted. Normally one associates the alt-right with bigotry in the modern U.S. And I would say, to some extent, there's bigotry among anyone who espouses identity politics, which many on the left in America do as well.
    "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
    -Albert Camus, Notebook IV
  • all4acttall4actt 315 Pts   -  
    Oxford dictionary definition of bigotry:

big·ot·ry
    /ˈbiɡətrē/
    noun
    1. intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
      "the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry

Now that we are all clear as to what bigotry is it is clear that groups like ANTIFA are the true bigots.

I would not generalize a person as a bigot because of thier political ideologies.

All though if we are all honest with ourselves, we all have some beliefs that we are bigoted about.  Beliefs that no one can convince us are wrong no matter what they say.  Most of these beliefs I think develope from childhood to adulthood. Developed by the way you are raisedand the personal experiances you have.

I think all the rhetoric we are hearing in the news accusing people of being prejudice, bigots, white supremist, ect... who are Republican or in support of President Trump is just rediculous.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    "Bigotry" is one of those terms that are constantly used in a way they are not intended to be used.

"Bigotry" in reality means intolerance to the opinions of others one disagrees with. For example, if you believe that red wine is better than white wine, someone disagrees with you and you start getting upset and want to silence them - then you are being a "bigot" with regards to wine taste.

Contrary to the popular opinion, say, thinking that black people are inferior does not imply bigotry. It is racism, which is not a subset of bigotry. But, on the other hand, someone who cannot tolerate racist views and wants to silence them - that person would be, indeed, a bigot.

There is plenty of those in all parts of the political spectrum, but they are especially prevalent among people of more authoritarian and controlling views, as they want to control and regulate a lot of aspects of human lives, and regulating what people can or cannot say is one of the easiest ways to go about it.
    Republicans generally oppose any regulation of speech, while Democrats are pushing for "hate speech" being restricted, so in this regard the latter qualify more to be called the term. But in the end, it depends on the individual, and both sides have good and bad fruits.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

A very educational article.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/07/17/the_lefts_broad_bigoted_politics_of_vilification_140798.html ;

"The Left's Broad, Bigoted Politics of Vilification"

The iconic late poet Maya Angelou once said, “When people show you who they are, believe them.” That simple advice seems especially relevant regarding the American left in 2019. Both politicians and activists of the Democratic media complex scurry to charge racism against President Trump and our nationalist movement, when in reality they themselves employ brutally divisive political strategies buttressed by their own increasingly bigoted thinking."

"For example, I appeared on CNN Monday night to discuss the firestorm over the president’s caustic tweets last weekend criticizing the four most progressive members of the House of Representatives. I deemed the tweets illogical and shrill, and said so on Twitter and on Anderson Cooper’s show. I also pointed out that the overreaction from Democratic politicians and their media allies revealed a hysterical attempt to castigate the president as prejudiced. I cited the incredibly incendiary accusation of my CNN colleague Wajahat Ali who retweeted an article and its headline: “Trump is a racist. If you still support him, so are you.”