frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

You're Wrong If You Disagree With Socialized Healthcare

Debate Information

The most logical way to run healthcare is to provide it first to those who need it the most. Therefore, it should be funded by taxes and prioritize patient care upon the basis of their need for care. There is no other objective answer.
Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I think the word "Socialized" might have some negative connotations for some people in some countries. With that being said, I personally ascribe to the idea where we can enjoy the benefits of both Universal healthcare and Private healthcare. I myself use both in my own country.

• ThomasiusThomasius 75 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42
    Re: If one chooses to go out of their way for private care, I don't see a problem with that, as long as there is a strong, sufficiently funded public healthcare sector which is not undercut by the influence of this additional private sector. 
  • ThomasiusThomasius 75 Pts   -  

[My debating on all current debates, including this one, is going to cease because I’ve decided to embark upon new debates with opening statements and formats that are more sufficient for my endeavors. However, despite my absence, others are free to continue on and all are free to judge for themselves who was triumphant in these dialogues.]

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    1. You assume that healthcare should be "run" at all. But we do not live in an absolute monarchy, and we can provide each other with healthcare services just fine without any big brothers running everything.

2. You offered no justification of why distributing healthcare based on need and not something else is "the most logical way" to run healthcare. Need-based distribution does not work in any of the other sectors of the economy, and I fail to see how it would be different in the healthcare sector.

3. Anything that is funded by taxes becomes overpriced and inefficient, due to all the bureaucracy and lack of immediate profit motive. My relative from a country with predominantly taxpayer-funded healthcare had to wait the entire day in the hospital lobby just so the doctor looked at her for a couple of minutes and prescribed some pills the cost of which wiped out her insurance coverage. You almost never see this kind of inefficiency in private-run hospitals, while in public-run hospitals it is an everyday occurrence.

4. There is no objective answer in principle. There is, however, a reasonable answer in terms of efficiency, and it is not the one you are giving.