frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Ethnostate Is Illogical, Persuade Me Otherwise

Debate Information

The ethnostate is illogical because there is nothing about race that binds people together for a cohesive and functional society, only socioeconomic factors can bring together or divide people.
Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    Ethnostate might make some sense from the correlatory perspective: that, statistically, two randomly selected people of the same race are more likely to have similar cultures, than two randomly selected people of different races. However, this fact is misleading: if you just select 100 random Asian people from around the Earth and then place them together in a single community, they will have very little in common with each other.

Instead of worrying about people's skin color and facial structure, people should worry about finding like-minded individuals and working together towards common goals. Instead of building an "ethnostate", it makes much more sense to build a "culturestate", say, a small local commune for people who believe who celebrate the Groundhog Da, or a small island community of people who like fishing with fishing poles. 

Even better though is to build no special states and just chaotically group up with like-minded individuals. No state is needed at all, in fact, just presence of people with common values, and some general norms that assure that nobody hurts large numbers of people.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    If your talking about an "anglo saxon ethnostate", then I'd agree with you, but if you're describing any other ethnostate, then I'd say it's still a viable option that shouldn't be taken off the table. 
  • ThomasiusThomasius 75 Pts   -  
    Even though I don't agree with all your conclusions, which I'm not going to get into in this specific debate post, I do agree we shouldn't focus on racial features in order to produce sufficient societal outcomes.
    @piloteer
    Why do you see potential validity for the existence of non-Anglo-Saxon ethnostates?
    @Thomasius

Ethnostates, and the anglo Saxon ethnicity have nothing to do with race, it has to do with ethnicity. Ethnicity is an actual genetic process that's influenced by the environment. Ethnicity can be demonstrated scientifically through archaeology and historical texts, and genetics. Race is a social construction that cannot be demonstrated by science or genetics unless it has to do with the human race as a whole because we are all one human race, not separate races. Ethnicity and race are vastly different things, and only one of them is demonstrable.    
    @piloteer
    Well, I was speaking casually and not from rigid standpoints. The heart of what I'm trying to get at is why you believe that any kind of ethnostate should be potentially pursued. Could you go into detail about this?
    @Thomasius

I guess I can't actually keep up with this charade. I don't actually believe any kind of ethnostate would be advantageous for our society. I just wanted to see if I could ruffle some feathers, but your line of questioning would have put me in a position where I would have had to make arguments for things I don't actually believe in. Not that I couldn't have been convincing, it's just that I would have had trouble answering to those statements in other threads. I was hoping someone would have just come on here and lobbed ad-hominem attacks at me and then I would have done the same to them and caused a wonderfully uncomfortable discussion, but you didn't take the bait. I guess I actually agree with you on this thread. I don't believe we as a human race are actually capable of positively influencing our DNA.