frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Rank English-speaking countries from best to worst

Debate Information

I have recently been considering moving from the US to Australia or New Zealand, as, as an immigrant, I find the laws here to be extremely complicated and restrictive, while those countries have much more straightforward systems. However, objectively, in my eyes, the US is a better country to live in.

I am curious what others think about this. What are your most preferred and least preferred English-speaking countries to live in? Please rank them from best to worst as far as your choice of where to live goes.

Here is mine:

1. USA
2. Australia
3. New Zealand
4. Canada
5. UK
6. Singapore
7. Ireland
  1. Live Poll

What is your #1 preferred English-speaking country?

9 votes
    1. USA
      44.44%
    2. UK
      22.22%
    3. Ireland
        0.00%
    4. Canada
      22.22%
    5. Australia
        0.00%
    6. New Zealand
      11.11%
    7. Singapore
        0.00%
  2. Live Poll

What is your least preferred English-speaking country?

9 votes
    1. USA
      11.11%
    2. UK
      11.11%
    3. Ireland
      11.11%
    4. Canada
      11.11%
    5. Australia
      11.11%
    6. New Zealand
        0.00%
    7. Singapore
      44.44%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6097 Pts   -  
    Just to make it clear, I am aware that there are quite a few more English-speaking countries out there, but I listed the most prominent ones. :)
    LEMONZTHETIGERl
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    No offence intended but I would not like to live in the U S and that’s coming from someone who lived there a good while back.

The U S has changed beyond recognition and what’s particularly frightening is the way politics seems to totally divide Americans the viciousness and downright hatred between supporters of both parties is scary and they seem poles apart in almost everything.

Religion is another really strange one in the U S where again downright hatred and hostility against others who are not like them seems to be the norm. I really find it despicable that it’s mostly the religious in the U S who think social welfare , universal health care and social housing for the homeless are all things Jesus would be against yet carrying a gun would be one of the things he would be for.

Trump as the leader sows division and hatred wherever he goes and basically is a buffoon let loose on the world stage.and scarier he has as his right hand man that Pence who I’m told is a young earth creationist, why is it in America it seems if you don’t say your a believer in a god your political career is over? 

Having said all that I lived in California and would Again I loved it the people were great as was the climate unfortunately American has totally changed since then,

Americans seem to work very long hours mostly and workers rights and conditions seem to streets behind most other countries.

Regards living in another English speaking country I would pick Canada because it’s miles ahead of most in living standards as in workers rights / conditions and it’s social and educational systems are I believe top notch , the only thing I wouldn’t like is the snow but I would get over that 
    qwerrty
    @Dee

I would say that most of the things you pointed out do not really affect people's day-to-day life. Weaker social welfare is easily offset by higher salaries, lower living costs and more potent job market.

I also disagree on very long hours: the US actually tends to rank very close to Canada in terms of average work hours per year; as of 2016, it was 1,781 vs 1,703 hours, as per OECD estimate. It may be different for high-paid jobs, where the client base is so big that people are forced to work almost without vacations, but for most regular jobs this is not the case.

To me personally the greatest problem with the US is the sheer amount of bureaucracy one needs to go through to get almost anything out of the ordinary done. While Australia or New Zealand have more regulated economies overall, the regulation itself is organised in a much simpler way, and most of the bureaucracy work is outsources to, well, bureaucrats. Those countries offer less money, but easier money, so to speak.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

*****I would say that most of the things you pointed out do not really affect people's day-to-day life. 

Weaker social welfare is easily offset by higher salaries, lower living costs and more potent job market.

Higher salaries compared to who? Also very high salaries in New York are necessary just to live reasonably do you think the average is better or similar to other English speaking countries?

I deal with Americans weekly in my business and many have told me of the ridiculous costs for college fees and Health insurance which take a huge chunk of earnings , what safety nets are there for the old and unemployed who live in states that are economic black spots 

****I also disagree on very long hours: the US actually tends to rank very close to Canada in terms of average work hours per year; as of 2016, it was 1,781 vs 1,703 hours, as per OECD estimate. 

My wife works for an American multinational the hours the Americans work compared to the Europeans are crazy they tell her this is the norm back home 

****It may be different for high-paid jobs, where the client base is so big that people are forced to work almost without vacations, but for most regular jobs this is not the case.

Sick pay is up to the employer as is maternity leave , paid holidays seem to another perk denied to most if what I’m reading is correct 

****To me personally the greatest problem with the US is the sheer amount of bureaucracy one needs to go through to get almost anything out of the ordinary done. 

I’m afraid that seems to be the norm in Europe to reams of paperwork to get anything done , I recently got a new gas boiler and one gets a €750 payment back by the government called a home improvement grant I had to sign 21 different pages  of a contract to get this ....crazy 

****While Australia or New Zealand have more regulated economies overall, the regulation itself is organised in a much simpler way, and most of the bureaucracy work is outsources to, well, bureaucrats. Those countries offer less money, but easier money, so to speak.

Sounds ideal 

@Dee

Well, according to countless surveys, the US has the highest disposable income by PPP per capita in the world, and the highest disposable income by PPP per household in the world (if we count means; with medians, the US sometimes takes the 2nd or 3rd place, after Switzerland and Norway). Disposable income by PPP pretty much means how much goods and services the individual can afford with their monthly income.

You will find that, while cities like New York City or San Francisco are incredibly costly to live in by the US standards, they actually do pretty well when compared to major cities in other countries.
    For example, when comparing NYC to Toronto, If we exclude rent prices comparison (which are disproportionally higher in NYC due to Manhattan blowing numbers up), Toronto comes up as only 17% cheaper to live in than NYC, and even with rent taken into account, it is still, at best, 35% cheaper. However, the average salary is almost twice as high in NYC, so the average New-Yorker ends up much better off financially, than the average Toronto resident.

You are right that education costs here a lot, and health emergencies can sometimes eat up one's savings - but the latter happens to a negligible minority of people, and there are way to reduce the former down to a very small amount (via scholarships, state resident credits, living off campus, etc.), unless we are talking about medicine and law studies (which are expensive everywhere).

Paid holidays depend on the company you are working on; generally Americans get 4 weeks off per year, which seems to be fairly average when compared to the rest of the world. I quoted one of the number comparisons which show that Americans don't work significantly more than Canadians - however, a lot of Americans choose to do overtime or weekend shifts, as many companies here allow that, and often pay 1.5 times the regular salary for extra hours.
    I know that in academia it is common for professors to take a couple of months off in the summer, although, again, most choose not to do so.

I agree about the paperwork, but I feel like in the US it is more poorly organised. Often you have to send in physical paperwork, which has been digitalized in most other developed countries. It is not uncommon for governmental agencies in the US to have non-functional websites ridden with bugs and crashes - something that rarely happens in less bureaucratised countries.
    It is explainable, however: the larger the country, the harder it is to maintain federal governmental services. It is much easier to keep websites up to date in a 5-million country like New Zealand, than in a 300+-million country like the US consisting of 50 states and multiple special regions.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I would personally rank those country like this : 

1. Canada (meh, home sweet home, can't help it) ;)
    2. New Zealand
    3. Australia
    4. UK
    5. Ireland
    6. Singapore
    7. USA

1,2 & 3 being almost the same... Regarding the USA, there are a few specific states I'd chose over say, UK for example, but as a whole it is the last place (in those listed) where I'd want to live...  
    qwerrtyMayCaesar
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    The United States is literally a prison. No other country on earth has a higher percentage of their population imprisoned. We have the largest imprisoned population on earth, and we were once thought of as the beacon of liberty. I guess what I'm saying is boiled dinners are actually pretty good, so try Ireland.    
    qwerrtyCYDdhartaLibertineStates
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    @MayCaesar

After doing a bit of research I’ve read Americans are amongst the most overworked nation in the world with a lot of Americans forced to take a second job just to survive. I read how much a medical scheme for a family of 4 is ..... . Data from the annual Milliman Medical Index shows the most common health care plan for a family of four costs on average $28,166 in 2018. 
    This estimate includes employee and employer contributions as well as out-of-pocket expenses such as co-pays and deductibles........... This is outrageous and add on top college fees which are unbelievable.

Regards paid holidays it’s totally up to the employer in the majority of cases as is maternity leave which is scandalous.

Its bizarre that Americans see this as the ideal and something to aim for , I don’t pay into a medical scheme yet I’m covered , I can do a university course of my choice as a mature student for next to nothing , I pay zero tax as I’m an artist the only contribution I pay is a yearly €500 to government and I’m covered for medical and other perks.

Its like Americans are collectively brainwashed into believing their system is the envy of the world it’s not to me it’s the stuff of nightmares as the constant worry of not having enough for college fees , medical etc , etc would kill me 

I recently learned that 41 million Americans suffer food poverty 
    CYDdhartaLibertineStates
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6097 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    @Dee

It is okay not to like a given country; not so much when it is done based on false data. I already cited data showing that Americans work about the same hours as Canadians, and you can check for yourself in the OECD data that we actually work less than people in Iceland and Ireland. And nobody is "forced to take a second job just to survive"; you can survive just fine on the minimum wage in a low-cost region. People make a lot of bad financial choices and get in trouble, but that happens everywhere. According to the governmental census, only 13 million Americans work more than 1 job; that is around 8% workers. In Canada, in comparison, 13% workers work multiple jobs.

You are wrong assuming that you do not pay for all these things. You do, just indirectly: via taxes, inflation, high living costs, etc. Or, in your case, perhaps other people pay for you, so you take your university courses at their expense. I already cited the data showing that Americans have the highest disposable income by PPP in the world, so we can afford some things directly other people cannot, hence you cannot just compare direct expenses this way.

This is just what facts say. I do not think that our system is the best in the world period, and a lot depends on the individual preference. I have always wanted to live in Australia personally, ever since I visited it in 2009, and even though things did not play out that way and for now I find myself here in the US, I still would rather live in Australia.

There is a lot of propaganda in the US making people worship their system, but there is just as much, if not more, propaganda, both here and overseas, making people think it is hellscape. It is neither heaven nor hell; as with all things in real world, it has upsides and downsides. What you focus on and what is important to you determines what image of it you have. But to have an accurate image, you, at least, should look at the actual facts.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

****It is okay not to like a given country; not so much when it is done based on false data. 

But I do like America as a country and it’s people I’m criticizing certain aspects one should not take it as a personal insult 

****I already cited data showing that Americans work about the same hours as Canadians, and you can check for yourself in the OECD data that we actually work less than people in Iceland and Ireland. 

I know you did but yet I’ve independent studies from Business insider which makes this claim  

****And nobody is "forced to take a second job just to survive"; you can survive just fine on the minimum wage in a low-cost region

Really? So a family of 4 could pay college fees and medical insurance on minimum wage ......

****People make a lot of bad financial choices and get in trouble, but that happens everywhere. 

Yes , but how in the case of above would you assume it’s down to bad financial choices?

****According to the governmental census, only 13 million Americans work more than 1 job; that is around 8% workers. In Canada, in comparison, 13% workers work multiple jobs.

My data says the opposite 

****You are wrong assuming that you do not pay for all these things. 

I didn’t say that , I said I contribute €500 yearly 

****You do, just indirectly: via taxes, inflation, high living costs, etc. 

This applies everywhere if a trip to New York is a thing to go on where in a restaurant one is given a bill with a tax on top and then a 15 per cent tip 

****Or, in your case, perhaps other people pay for you, so you take your university courses at their expense. 

I take nothing at anyone’s expense I’ve spent a life working and paying taxes in other employment I’m entitled as are others under law 

****I already cited the data showing that Americans have the highest disposable income by PPP in the world, so we can afford some things directly other people cannot, hence you cannot just compare direct expenses this way.

Right , yet Americans tell me constantly about paying off college fees for years on top of continually rising medical 

****This is just what facts say. 

Yet I have facts that dispute your facts 

****do not think that our system is the best in the world period, and a lot depends on the individual preference. I have always wanted to live in Australia personally, ever since I visited it in 2009, and even though things did not play out that way and for now I find myself here in the US, I still would rather live in Australia.

Australia sounds great 

****There is a lot of propaganda in the US making people worship their system, but there is just as much, if not more, propaganda, both here and overseas, making people think it is hellscape. 

I wouldn’t say Hell scape but I pity the unemployed in the many economic black spots who must dread getting old 

****It is neither heaven nor hell; as with all things in real world, it has upsides and downsides. What you focus on and what is important to you determines what image of it you have. But to have an accurate image, you, at least, should look at the actual facts.

I focus on how much it’s going to cost me in retirement in the U S if one is not fully paid up into a pension scheme etc , etc.

• According to the Center for American Progress on the topic of work and family life balance, “in 1960, only 20 percent of mothers worked. Today, 70 percent of American children live in households where all adults are employed.” I don’t care who stays home and who works in terms of gender (work opportunity equality for all – it’s a family choice). Either way, when all adults are working (single or with a partner), that’s a huge hit to the American family and free-time in the American household.
    • The U.S. is the ONLY country in the Americas without a national paid parental leave benefit. The average is over 12 weeks of paid leave anywhere other than Europe and over 20 weeks in Europe.
    • Zero industrialized nations are without a mandatory option for new parents to take parental leave. That is, except for the United

American Average Work Hours:

• At least 134 countries have laws setting the maximum length of the work week; the U.S. does not.
    • In the U.S., 85.8 percent of males and 66.5 percent of females work more than 40 hours per week.
    • According to the ILO, “Americans work 137 more hours per year than Japanese workers, 260 more hours per year than British workers, and 499 more hours per year than French workers.”
    • Using data by the U.S. BLS, the average productivity per American worker has increased 400% since 1950. One way to look at that is that it should only take one-quarter the work hours, or 11 hours per week, to afford the same standard of living as a worker in 1950 (or our standard of living should be 4 times higher). Is that the case? Obviously not. Someone is profiting, it’s just not the average American worker.

American Paid Vacation Time & Sick Time:

@Dee

I do not see how lack of federal law in some regards supports any conclusion; laws are not the only way to achieve the desirable outcome. I also cannot find any actual studies that confirm the ILO conclusion, and all the studies I have seen do not find such discrepancy. Most people I know in real life work regular 40-hour weeks or less (I personally work approximately 20, albeit I do a lot of extra work at home which is not required, but which propels my career forward). We do generally have fewer vacations than some of the other developed countries, but that really depends on the company and the contract; at companies like Google, people may get more vacation time and stronger benefits, than people almost anywhere else on Earth get.

True, but, as I showed earlier, people in NYC are still better off than in, say, Toronto: they may be paying high taxes and dealing with high prices, but their significantly higher income more than offsets it.
    One should care more about the price-adjusted incomes, not about the prices themselves. Switzerland is probably the most expensive country to live in on Earth, but in terms of price-adjusted income it also happens to be one of the best ones to live in.

Something many people do not know is that the poor in the US also have affordable college options. First, there are countless fellowships for high performers, allowing them to study completely for free. Second, the government actually partially sponsors people below certain incomes, allowing them to pay much less out of their own pocket. Third, universities themselves often feature such programs; for example, Harvard allows everyone with the household income below, if I remember correctly, $60,000 to study there for free, provided certain other conditions are met. Finally, studying within the state of residency is much cheaper than in a different state, and it is cheap enough that almost anyone can afford it if working part-time. Not to mention that there are even more affordable options, such as community colleges, online programs, employer-sponsored training programs, etc.
    Do not look at amounts some people pay and the numbers of years they are in debt. Look at the whole picture.

I do not know know about retirement; I'm planning to retire at around 50, and I'm not that special. I've met people that retired at 30, thanks to careful financial planning and passive income creation.

I do not really care whether other people like a certain country or not. I just do not like it when people make claims that are simply not true. There is a lot to criticise the US for, but people usually miss the mark when they do so.
    What country do you live in, if you don't mind saying? I would like to see more discussions of other countries in this thread; after all, I created it to compare different English-speaking countries, not to debate how good a system in one single country is.
    @CYDdharta

Whoa whoa there. It seems you disagree with a statistical fact. Are you privy to information that disproves what I've said, or are you just mad that I'm talking about your country being such a $hit show?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    piloteer said:
    @CYDdharta

Whoa whoa there. It seems you disagree with a statistical fact. Are you privy to information that disproves what I've said, or are you just mad that I'm talking about your country being such a $hit show?

No punishment is as bad as forcing people to boil their dinners.
    piloteer
    .@CYDdharta

You got me there. I can't come back from that one. 
  • Well, usually I wouldn't choose an English-speaking country but since that's what you're asking here's my list:

1. UK - Like some others have sort of said; familiarity.
    2. Ireland - Because it's close to home; the UK. It also enjoys a ranking of being one of the safest places to live in the world with a very low violent crime rate.
    3. Canada - Because it "has the world's best quality of life, so says U.S. News & World Report, not only for 2017, but for 2018 as well. Factors like economic and political stability and quality public health and education systems were ranking factors." - https://www.bestproducts.com/fun-things-to-do/g2550/best-countries-and-places-to-live-in/?slide=14
    4. USA - Doesn't seem as far away as some others lol. I would be picky about what State I lived in though.
    5. Australia
    6. New Zealand
    7. Singapore
    MayCaesar

I just do not like it when people make claims that are simply not true. There is a lot to criticise the US for, but people usually miss the mark when they do so.

This is the problem when one gets into such a debate American’s for some bizarre reason get all patriotic and defensive when such topics are tackled. If I do a google search regarding medical insurance , university fees I get counless articles stating the very high cost of such in the US , most of these are written by American publications incidentally. When I mention unemployment black spots and the 41 million Americans suffering food poverty I’m told that there are safety nets in the U S for such and also that with wise financial planning those on minimum wage can pay college fees and medical insurance but you never explain how.

I don’t know what or who to believe regards the U S what I do know is that weekly in my business while talking to Americans they all to a man agree college and medical insurance are ridiculously overpriced to say so is not unpatriotic.

It’s strange Americans tear each other apart regards such matters in the U S dare a European say it online its total denialism by most . It’s rather like the gun debate anytime a post goes up on such an American on here will claim “ I own a gun because I want to protect my family “ when one asks reasonably “ so the threat of gun attack in your country is so high you need a gun ?”

what happens next is the American gun owner will spend days arguing how gun violence is virtually non existent after claiming he/she needs a gun for protection.

It’s a total waste of time debating these topics regarding the U S with Americans as it’s taken ever time as a personal attack and any supporting evidence is shot down by Americans 

@MayCaesar

@Dee ;

You seem to have some insecurity with regards to this subject, immediately switching to ad-hominem arguments when someone cites facts that diverge from your beliefs. I have been absolutely calm and impartial throughout the whole discussion. This is a debate website, and I come here to exchange points of view, hence why I created this thread.

@Plaffelvohfen and @ZeusAres42 responded to the thread precisely to the point. This is the sort responses I expected to see here. But I will indulge in any other related discussions emerging with no issues. If you do not want your claims challenged, then perhaps you should not have initiated this discussion in the first place?

@Plaffelvohfen

You ranked New Zealand above Australia. This is unusual! A lot of kiwis move to Australia eventually, and the reverse flow is pretty small, but New Zealand seems a bit more welcoming towards immigrants from other countries.
    @MayCaesar

****You seem to have some insecurity with regards to this subject, 

Interesting considering you totally dismissed my sources and indeed totally dismissed business insiders findings on work hours 

****immediately switching to ad-hominem arguments when someone cites facts that diverge from your beliefs. 

Ad - hominem? how utterly childish stop sulking and grow up , I accused you of resorting to patriotism and getting all hurt at any critique of your opinion piece which you’ve just proven 

What you really mean is your sources are right and everyone’s else’s is wrong 

****I have been absolutely calm and impartial throughout the whole discussion. 

Impartial? How so you totally deny that your health care and university fees are ridiculously overpriced yet fellow Americans agree you disingenuously state that those on minimum wage can afford health care and university costs if they make “ wise choices” but cannot explain how  

****This is a debate website, and I come here to exchange points of view, hence why I created this thread.

I know , you don’t, you come here to lecture others on this topic hoping you would get total agreement no doubt followed by the entire site agreeing with your assessment and possibly us all waving mini American flags while asking where we sign up to become part of this modern day Utopia 

You say @Plaffelvohfen and @ZeusAres42 gave you a reply you found to your liking , how very nice of them and it must have come as a great comfort to you that your opinion piece was not challenged. Again you accuse me of what you’re  doing as in getting upset because I challenged your assertions regarding Medical insurance and university fees with hard facts from American sources ......If you like I could agree with you just to stop you getting even more upset at someone having the temerity to challenge you?

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    @MayCaesar

It may seem unusual but New-Zealanders have much in common (temper wise) with french-canadians (like me), hard to pinpoint exactly what it is though, their relations to Australia is akin to the relations between Quebeckers (french-canadians) and the rest of Canada... Both kiwis and aussies are quite laid-back but kiwis tends to have a quieter, more relaxed lifestyle than their northern neighbours, and the cost of living is slightly lower even if comparable... As I said, my top 3 are practically ex-aequo and the differences quite marginal, at least in my mind. 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    I think the best country to live in is either Canada or Australia. These two countries always appear in the list of top 10 countries to live in. However, if I had to choose between them, I will pick Canada. The reason for putting Australia below Canada is because I think that racism is more salient in Australia than in Canada. Whenever I checked a South Korean website about traveling, I always saw a lot of people complaining about Australia's racism. On the other hand, little number of people complained about Canada's racism. Maybe the difference between Australia and Canada is not the frequency of racism, but the noticeability of racism. The worst country to live in is in my opinion USA. Even though one can get high income in USA, the cost of medical care is incredibly high. For example, the cost of appendix removal in USA is on average $33000 while in South Korea it costs only $614. In addition, gun crimes happen quite often in USA, compared to other countries in the list you posted. The reason why I didn't talk about other countries is.......... because I don't have much information about them.  :sweat_smile: 
    @Dee ;

I did not dismiss your sources, I only said that I cannot find any studies supporting their conclusion. And I am not hurt, I am just stating facts. Take a deep breath, friend, nothing horrible is happening.

Yeah, healthcare and university fees in the US are overpriced - however, they are not overpriced to the degree where they become unaffordable to even the poorest people, and I listed quite a few facts explaining why that is.

I am not sure what makes you flip out like this, but you are the one who started this discussion, so do not complain now.

@Plaffelvohfen ;

It is worth noting though that, while life costs are indeed higher in Australia, Australians also make disproportionally more money. According to various living costs-comparing studies, it seems that the income-to-expenses ratio is approximately 20% higher in Australia than in New Zealand.

Kiwis, indeed, are a bit more relaxed than Australians. Although, it also may depend on the area: in large cities in both countries, people are quite a bit tenser, than in rural areas.

@대왕광개토

I do not think racism is a major thing in any of the countries on the list. Australian government does have the anti-immigrant rhetoric every now and then, mainly with regards to "chain migration", but, at least, the current administration seems to view immigrants in a favorable way.

Something I noticed about New Zealand and Australia is just how much hospitality they give to the new arrivals. Where in the US, UK or Canada you routinely see accusations of immigrants taking away people's jobs, in those oceanic countries typically the rhetoric is quite opposite, and the priority is given to accommodating immigrants and doing everything for them to feel welcome and become productive members of society.
    My acquaintances' mother came to Australia with her without speaking a word of English. Well, the government paid off 2 years of English courses of her choosing, and that is despite her being retired and not planning to ever contribute economically to the Australian economy. This is not something you see in many other places.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

****I did not dismiss your sources, I only said that I cannot find any studies supporting their conclusion

Yet I could strange that 

****And I am not hurt, I am just stating facts. 

You’re actually not , as in you’re deliberately stating healthcare  is not unaffordable , it is as many Americans agree 

****Take a deep breath, friend, nothing horrible is happening.

It actually is but to  you as harsh facts and reality are presented to you , take off the star spangled glasses and wake up 

****Yeah, healthcare and university fees in the US are overpriced - however, they are not overpriced to the degree where they become unaffordable to even the poorest people, and I listed quite a few facts explaining why that is.

They are many cannot afford them so  again your alternative facts are just that , your denialism is something you seriously need to work on 

****I am not sure what makes you flip out like this, but you are the one who started this discussion, so do not complain now.

I’m not “flipping out “ as you put it you’re the one getting all butt hurt because someone actually corrects you on your and you don’t like it .......

Maybe all this below is commie propaganda that’s the normal accusation when someone disagrees with the cherry pie vision Americans like you have of your alternative America .....Grow up buddy 

From ABC news 

MONDAY, Dec. 3 (HealthDay News) -- Almost 20 percent of Americans, or more than 40 million adults, can't afford or access needed health care, according to a new U.S. government report released Monday.

Access to health care is the focus of this year's Health, United States, 2007 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It shows that one-fifth of Americans couldn't afford one or more of these services: medical care, prescription medicines, mental health care, dental care, or eyeglasses.

"People tend to equate access to care with insurance," said report author Amy Bernstein, chief of the analytic studies branch at the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics. "But access to care is more than insurance."

"People assume that if you have health insurance of any kind that you're okay, but that's not the case," she added.

Among the other barriers are locales without enough doctors, lack of transportation to doctors and clinics, and shortages of such organs as kidneys for transplants.

From CNBC 

With open enrollment for many medical plans in full swing, health care is top of mind for millions of Americans. But health care is still too expensive for most: A majority of U.S. adults have to delay getting the care they need, or put it off completely, because they can’t afford it, data from financial website Earnin shows.

According to the research, which combined Earnin-user data with data from a Harris Poll survey of more than 2,000 adults, 54 percent of Americans say they’ve delayed care for themselves in the past year because of cost, and another 23 percent delayed care for more than a year for the same reason.

Meanwhile, 10 percent of Americans with children under the age of 18 have delayed care for a dependent or child because of financial issues.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토

. For example, the cost of appendix removal in USA is on average $33000 while in South Korea it costs only $614. 

Wow! Yet @MayCaesar says healthcare for those on minimum wage is actually “affordable “ ...........