frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

"I Am Jesus Christ," a new video game by IGN, will be out soon.

Debate Information

Plaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    I do not play video games nowadays; I feel that I grew out of it at this point. That said, this particular game does not seem like something I would try out even if I did. There is another game - Doom: Eternal - that comes out soon and somewhat concerns the Biblical universe (it has demons, albeit as invaders from another dimension), and that one I would definitely love to play. I adored the classic Doom games, as well as the new Doom from 2016.
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    How is this piece of advertising a “debate”? I’ve asked Aarong to remove your advertisement 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

An advertisement?

It's in the technology section, asking for anyone's thoughts on it?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    The title of your debate is ......

That is not asking for an opinion it’s purely advertising nothing else 
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieBlastcat
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    The game sounds cool but there are two thirds of the world out there who are not Christians. Will there be a game on hinduism, islam, judaism or budhism? This game is just an acting of the story just that you will be their watching it from Jesus`s eyes. Won`t you feel pain when you get crucified in the game? There are no levels and you sit their watching everything from Jesus`s eyes. You move your hand to heal someone. This game sounds boring.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RS_master

Well, I am not a Christian, but I enjoyed Ken Follett's Pillars of Earth adventure game immensely (they say that the book is even better, albeit much darker too). You do not have to follow the ideology represented in the game to appreciate the game for what it is.

That said, the premise of this particular game sounds fairly bland. The Passion of the Christ movie is already immersive enough, if a bit psychedelic. This game seems to rely on the shock value, which is rarely a winning bet in game development.
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

The book is superb and the follow up equally as good
    MayCaesarBlastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    This sounds like a shameless cash grab, just another one of thousands of ways for people to take advantage of unsuspecting Christians. It doesn't even sound fun. I would rather play a GTA mod where you are Jesus, and it would probably sell better anyways.

The graphics aren't that good, the story is already known, is there even any room for decisions? This has exactly none of the elements that make a good game. As far as I can tell it's more of a first person movie than a game.
    MayCaesarPlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

I had a look , the graphics are dreadful and whats the point of the game? I watched another clip and spit my coffee out laughing as Jesus waved his hands over a bucket and it filled to the brim with fishes obviously it goes under the title of “fantasy games “ ......I also note it didn’t bother with the Old Testament where god and Jesus totally approve of and sanction slavery ......I wonder why?
    Happy_KillbotBlastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Why not, maybe wait until the game comes out, and hold your "Judgements," until then?

"This sounds like a shameless cash grab, just another one of thousands of ways for people to take advantage of unsuspecting Christians."

"It doesn't even sound fun."

"I would rather play a GTA mod where you are Jesus, and it would probably sell better anyways."

"The graphics aren't that good, the story is already known, is there even any room for decisions?"

"This has exactly none of the elements that make a good game."

"As far as I can tell it's more of a first person movie than a game."

Happy_Killbot
    @TKDB You asked for my thoughts, and you got it.

How about I decide to spend my money wisely?

Honestly, I'm not even sure this is real.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Did I express anything to anyone about their individual wisdom, in how anyone should spend, their individual dollars? 

Nope, but thank you, for your individual wisdom behind your dollar expenditures. 

"How about I decide to spend my money wisely?"

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

The theme of the forum:

"A New Testament-themed video game will put players in the shoes of Jesus Christ himself, and it just released a trailer"

The  below question following it:

What are the thoughts on this new video game? 

I'm sorry that you feel, the way that you do?

"That is not asking for an opinion it’s purely advertising nothing else."

@Dee

I shared about the "Atheist Revolution" website, as well. 

So why not call me out, equally and fairly then, for sharing about that website as well? 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
      @TKDB

I don’t even know what you’re talking about anymore and to be honest I don’t care.....Go ahead enjoy another of your monotonous religious sermons
      Blastcat
      @TKDB well, If you want to waste your money on this, go ahead, I wouldn't want to though.

• Q: What’s Jesus Christs favorite gun?
      A: A nail gun
      PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotpiloteerTKDBDeeMayCaesar
      Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
      @AmericanFurryBoy

You're off topic.

"Q: What’s Jesus Christs favorite gun?
      A: A nail gun"

• @TKDB
      ‘Twas a joke
      Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
      @AmericanFurryBoy

Still off topic.

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
      @AmericanFurryBoy

Uh oh. Your joke made TKDB really cross!!  :D Ahhh, see what I did there? 
      PlaffelvohfenAmericanFurryBoyDee
    • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
      @TKDB

Say a prayer that he sins no more 
      AmericanFurryBoyBlastcat
    • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
      @AmericanFurryBoy

@piloteer

@Dee

You've all been .

This is the theme of the topic.

Please stay on topic.

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
      @TKDB

Whoa, take it easy, it was just a joke. You don't need to crucify me over it.  :joy: Mwa haaaa!
      DeePlaffelvohfen
    • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
      @TKDB

Ahhh you’re all butt hurt again , you’re a big cry baby who cannot even take a joke why not go running to the man again?

I will try and get @AmericanFurryBoy and @piloteer not to make jokes about god and Jesus again .....Will I send you on a new Butt Hurt report form to fill out to give to the man?

Do you know Sharks believe Jesus died for their fins?
      PlaffelvohfenpiloteerBlastcat
    • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
      I AM JESUS CRIST WILL BE OUT SOON

This page is just an ad.
      “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius