frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Obdurate

Debate Information

I find it continually difficult to change while under pressure trying to complete a necessary task or goal. I can't learn a better way to do this now let me finish then show me how to improve. please.

When do you become most obdurate?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    If I understand the question correctly, you are asking how to keep working on your goals under pressure, when you strongly feel like procrastinating, right?

There is no easy answer here. What works for me is Mel Robbins' 5 second rule when I am somewhat lazy, and a short motivational Youtube video such as "Do it!" when I am extremely lazy: gets me working almost immediately.
    I also practice thinking in perspective. I ask questions such as, "If I do not do it now, how will I feel about myself an hour from now?" I realise that I will feel like a failure, and, in order to avoid it, I get to work.
    Finally, you must absolutely eliminate distractions when you work. Working while checking your e-mails, posting on reddit or listening to a podcast - does not get anything done, and you will accomplish easily below 10% of what you could accomplish if you focused. So close all the tabs except those directly related to work, forget all the distractions, all the other things you have to do, etc. - and just work for a time period and do nothing else. If it gets too boring, then get up and walk around a bit, or maybe go get a cup of tea, and then come back and keep working. It is essential that you do not switch to any other activity, even for a short period of time, as that will completely throw you out of your work-oriented mindset and you will have to spend a long time getting back into it.

To summarise:
    1. Find your preferred procrastination breakers.
    2. Make it costly for yourself to procrastinate.
    3. Eliminate all distractions.

These things are not something you can implement in a day; they take active work. But once you get to the stage where you can actually get yourself to work with no distractions in virtually any circumstances, it is permanent, and you will be astonished by how much you get done - and by how easy and natural it feels, rather than being a painful struggle.

To practice, I suggest using the timer method: every day you give yourself 30 minutes or an hour of uninterrupted work, set a timer and do nothing but work, trying to get as much done as possible until the time runs out. It has to be a short enough time that it motivates you to make the best out of your time, but long enough time that you can get something done.
    Practice this every day, and very soon you will start enjoying it so much, it will become second nature. At that point you can incorporate it into your general studies/work, and you do not even need to use the timer any more!
  • @MayCaesar ;
    Nope wasn't asking that... but thank you.
    I'm asking what one thing makes you most unelectable, or when thing do you do that is unelectable? 

Thank you for the input...……..