frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does the Government possess the right to legislate abortion as murder?

Debate Information

A clueless and heretical self-proclaimed bi-sexual "gay-Christian" has stated that the government has no business interfering with a woman's uterus and that she was never going to have a baby and that was her choice...suggesting that aborting her baby was her "right." Is it?

As a Christian, the only uterus I'm interested in is my wife's. If you are pointing to the demonic as a bisexual who advocates for the mutilation of babies in the womb, then you are advocating for your father Satan who was a murderer and a from The Beginning (John 8:44).

When a woman becomes pregnant, there is no longer bodily autonomy because two-lives are in play, not just the mother's life. When a mommy conspires with an abortionist and a facility that provides abortions to murder her baby, this mother sins against her baby and our Creator who placed that child in her womb...that child is created in the spiritual image of God.

As one who loves God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, I must say that you are a most horrid individual as you mock God's righteousness with your heresy of claiming to be a "gay Christian" in conjunction with advocating for the mutilation of babies in the womb...this is most evil and most demonic.  Please do as you have promised and don't procreate!

The Government's first duty is the protection of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Every baby that is mutilated to death via abortion is the victim of murder as their 5th and 14th Amendment due process protections have been violated by the child's mommy, the abortionist, the facility providing access for abortion. You and every godless-defiled atheist, as an advocate for the murder of babies, will answer for this most horrid crime when you stand in the Judgment of the Condemned subsequent to the Millennial Reign of Messiah Yeshua (Revelation 20:11-15). 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    No. The government does not have the right to my body. i will abort if I become pregnant, and so will other women. Also, you don't have the right to make debates about me. if you don't stop, i will sue you, for defamtion of character. Libel is not a right.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; You are sick spiritually and mentally and you are demonically possessed or heavily demonically influenced. Not only do you lie to God, to others, yourself, as you claim to be a "gay Christian," but you advocate for the murder of babies in the womb. This is demonic.

Blastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    Rickey, we understood you the first time! You don't need to repeat yourself I am here for you :)

No matter what anybody calls a fetus it cannot be an american citizen, first and foremost. There is nothing for the government to protect, there is no murder of american blood.

why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Your homosexuality has infected your brain and your soul....
    Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; You are sick spiritually and mentally and you are demonically possessed or heavily demonically influenced. Not only do you lie to God, to others, yourself as you claim to be a "gay Christian," but you advocate for the murder of babies in the womb. This is demonic.

The libel ends now. if you don't knock it off, I will call my attorny, and take you to court. You don't have the right to make fun of my disability, and you don't have the right to say what I do with my body. Prolife is prorape.
    Blastcat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    In my opinion, the government has no rights, not even the right to exist. It is a fundamentally coercive institution that acts solely through threat of violence. People have bought into the idea that the government is a necessary evil at worst, and a force of good at best - but, really, it is a mafia cartel in everything but name.

If the government is to exist, however, it has to be very small and have exactly one function: to protect people's individual rights. And restricting abortion in any way does not serve that function, hence should not take place.
    Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42Blastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Rickey, an infection would be such a terrible thing but I assure you I am fine. It is so great to hear how much you care for me, such a sign of a good friend
    why so serious?
    MayCaesar said:
    In my opinion, the government has no rights, not even the right to exist. It is a fundamentally coercive institution that acts solely through threat of violence. People have bought into the idea that the government is a necessary evil at worst, and a force of good at best - but, really, it is a mafia cartel in everything but name.

If the government is to exist, however, it has to be very small and have exactly one function: to protect people's individual rights. And restricting abortion in any way does not serve that function, hence should not take place.
    I agree. Liberty is a basic human right.
  • rosendsrosends 131 Pts   -  
    The government is a convenience we all agree to in order to ensure that we can live together in a society. It imposes (by our willfully subjecting ourselves to its authority) rules which ensure the cohesive social fabric and which are determined by the contract we agree to live under.

The motivation for particular rules is driven by the agreed upon role and extent of governmental influence on our lives -- a central dividing line between those who see government as having only the right to ensure my liberties as an individuals and those who see government as having the responsibility to safeguard a larger, external set of moral rules.

If you believe that individual liberty is paramount and that government governs best when, in terms of the individual at least, it governs least, then things like drug use, suicide and abortion, functions of the body on the self, would not be subject to government intrusion (though one could argue that the self, under a certain age, could be regulated). Speed limits, murder and food safety would be subject to government law because they impact others' rights to live safely and one person has no right to impose on the liberty to live of another.

The grey area would be where the impact on the "other" in unclear, either because the impact is hard to to discern (must I wear a seat belt if my flying out of my car might cause others to swerve and harm them?) or because the other's existence is not clear (is a fetus an "other" or not).

So the problem is two fold - it revolves around the understood function of government vis-a-vis the individual vs. collective, and it still demands subtleties be ironed out even in the life of the individual.
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @rosends Those are some very good points, but I think we can actually do much better than that through deliberately working to guarantee such freedoms, primarily through the development of technology and engineering. Personally, I do not like either side of the abortion debate (pro-life, pro-choice) because I see them both as morally wrong, and when the call has to be made it is damage control (acting to limit the damage of an incident or mistake). My official stance on the abortion issue is one I have dubbed "pro-freedom" and I assert that the solution to the abortion issue lies not in determining the legal status of the abortion, but in effectively decoupling sex from childbirth so that no one gets pregnant unless they want to.

Typically, this would take the form of contraceptive technologies, in particular a male-equivalent birth control and anti-STD medication.

These things would serve as an added layer of protection that would dramatically decrease the number of unwanted pregnancies down to statistically insignificant levels, effectively if not entirely eliminating the problem.

ZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

The government should have no rights in the matter , it’s still a decision for a woman to make anything else is tyranny 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:

The government should have no rights in the matter , it’s still a decision for a woman to make anything else is tyranny 
    I agree with you.
    @YeshuaBought ;  Have your attorney contact me....and get some help.
    Blastcat
    @YeshuaBought ; Anyone who advocates or supports the mutilation of babies in the womb is either mentally ill, demonically possessed or both.

Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ; @Dee Anyone who advocates or supports the mutilation of babies in the womb is either mentally ill, demonically possessed or both.

Blastcat
    @Happy_Killbot Anyone who advocates or supports the mutilation of babies in the womb is either mentally ill, demonically possessed or both.

Blastcat
    @MayCaesar ; Anyone who advocates for or supports the mutilation of babies in the womb is mentally ill, demonically possessed or both. There is no greater violence than murdering a child.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD Rickey, you don't need to repeat yourself, we get your point! You certainly have an interesting point of view. We should cherish such interesting ideas.
    YeshuaBought
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Thank you
    Blastcat
    @RickeyD You are welcome, remember to love thy neighbor as thyself!
    YeshuaBought
    why so serious?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

" I value you as a person and feel we have a deep connection....do you feel the same way?
    Blastcat
    @Dee ; I value you as a creation in the image of the Living God. We are two very different people and I do not honor your worldview and your god, Satan.

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Thank you so much Ricky for that beautiful message 
    Blastcat
    @Dee ; You're welcome sweetheart.
    YeshuaBoughtBlastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @Dee ; You're welcome sweetheart.
    Aw! You too. I need prayer, as liberals are bullying me, on Facebook. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I do value religious liberty.
    RickeyD
    @RickeyD I'm actually not advocating mutilation of babies.

I'm advocating for a super-secret 3rd option that (sadly) basically no one knows exists.

You can not abort babies that are not conceived, what I propose is to put technological barriers in place to limit conception and STI's. The end result is the decoupling of sex from pregnancy, meaning that people get pregnant when they decide they want to be pregnant.
    Plaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Thank you so much , it just shows the old saying is true that one knows a real Christian through their love 
    Blastcat
    @Happy_Killbot ; I agree with you. Responsible adults should take control of their ability to procreate/birth control, preventative measures should be used in accordance with one's needs and plans for their family. Subsequent to our third-child, I had a vasectomy as my wife and I felt that we could provide for and educate the children given us and that we should not overextend ourselves and our responsibilities. 
    Blastcat
    @RickeyD One of the things I advocate for is the production of drugs/and contraceptives that don't exist, in particular a male-equivalent birth control (There are ongoing trials for such medications at the moment) The widespread adoption of which would reduce unwanted pregnancies from hundreds of thousands to just thousands, eliminating the abortion issue by making it statistically insignificant.

If people are more likely to die from the common cold than get pregnant without the desire to be, the problem is effectively solved.

@Dee ; There are some "four to five" forms of "love" in the Greek Scriptures. My love for you is Agape: agape or selfless love. This was a love extended to all people, whether family members or distant strangers. Agape was later translated into Latin as caritas, which is the origin of our word “charity.”  I love you as God commands that I love because you are created in His image and you are therefore of value and worth.

Blastcat