frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Some people do actually choose to be gay?

Debate Information

No, I am NOT saying homosexuality is a choice. This needs to be made clear before someone starts accusing me of that position. But is it a plausible notion that at times some people will choose a gay lifestyle?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    There is no evidence, that sexual orientation, is a choice.
  • There is no evidence, that sexual orientation, is a choice.

True, but what about sexual acts or identifying oneself as gay?

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    LGBTQ IS a CHOICE. No one is born queer...it is an act of the will to surrender to aberrant desire. God does NOT create homosexuals or lesbians...they choose to rebel against God and Nature.

ZeusAres42smoothieHappy_KillbotSkepticalOneRealityManifestationOakTownA
    There is no evidence, that sexual orientation, is a choice.

True, but what about sexual acts or identifying oneself as gay?
    I'm honestly, not sure.
  • RickeyD said:
    LGBTQ IS a CHOICE. No one is born queer...it is an act of the will to surrender to aberrant desire. God does NOT create homosexuals or lesbians...they choose to rebel against God and Nature.

Unless you have an argument that doesn't either appeal to Faith, God or Heaven then we have nothing to discus @RickeyD

smoothiePlaffelvohfenOakTownA

RickeyD said:

When did you choose to be straight? You have no proof that sexual orientation, is a choice.
    OakTownA
    @ZeusAres42 ; The new AI won't allow a response...
    smoothie
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; Honoring God's Covenant of Marriage is simply natural, both psychologically and physiologically. All else is perversion.

smoothieSkepticalOneRealityManifestation
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    RickeyD said:

Great. It looks like aarong has finally implemented more automatic anti-trolling mechanisms which he had planned to do. Looks like you're gonna have a hard time here with your trolling soon @RickeyD. ;)
    smoothiePlaffelvohfenOakTownA

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Honoring God's Covenant of Marriage is simply natural, both psychologically and physiologically. All else is perversion.

Splendid, now prove that sexual orientation is a choice, and tell us when you chose to be straight, because we would all love to know. :)
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Probably because you were, say, uncivil? Were you cursing out all atheists and calling everybody a sodomite like usual?

I think aarong put this in mainly because of you Rickey... maybe its time to stop the blind hate through your gritted teeth and make some logical arguments?
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
    RickeyD said:

Great. It looks like aarong has finally implemented more automatic anti-trolling mechanisms which he had planned to do. Looks like you're gonna have a hard time here with your trolling soon @RickeyD. ;)
    I know, right?
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
    @ZeusAres42 ; No, it's not trolling...it's just "truth" which you cannot handle.
    ZeusAres42smoothiePlaffelvohfenRealityManifestationOakTownA
    @smoothie ; Not everybody...just those who engage in same-sex perversion.
    RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; No, it's not trolling...it's just "truth" which you cannot handle.
    Explain this truth, without catering to logical fallacy or extreme opinion bias. I will await the day this happens.
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; The only logical fallacy is the act of homosexuality. It's sin, rebellion, perversion and death to mind, body, soul.
    smoothiePlaffelvohfenRealityManifestation
    @RickeyD Didn't think you could, you are stuck in the realm of logic fail, you are about as reliable to produce a logical debate as a rock
    Plaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
    RickeyD said:
    @smoothie ; The only logical fallacy is the act of homosexuality. It's sin, rebellion, perversion and death to mind, body, soul.
    Wonderful, now prove that sexual orientation is a choice, and tell us when you chose to be straight.
    @YeshuaBought ; Sexual orientation is natural/physiology defined...one-man and one-woman for life. Anything other than this is NOT "natural" and is perversion. It's not difficult.

smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Sexual orientation is natural/physiology defined...one-man and one-woman for life. Anything other than this is NOT "natural" and is perversion. It's not difficult.

Wonderful, now please prove that it is a choice.
    @YeshuaBought ; Natural, human physiological desire for the opposite sex is not a "choice"...it's "natural." It's a "choice" to relent to aberrant desire and engage in same-sex unions that defile nature, human physiology, God.

smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Natural, human physiological desire for the opposite sex is not a "choice"...it's "natural." It's a "choice" to relent to aberrant desire and engage in same-sex unions that defile nature, human physiology, God.

What evidence can you provide, that which consenting adults are attracted to other adults, is a choice? You have failed to prove your claim.
    smoothie
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @RickeyD Sleep with a man, prove that sexual orientation is a choice. Remember the scientific method.

Can't wait to hear the results

why so serious?
    smoothie said:
    @RickeyD Sleep with a man, prove that sexual orientation is a choice. Remember the scientific method.

Can't wait to hear the results

I love you!
    smoothie
    @smoothie ; Same-sex attraction might happen in our sin-nature and desire is not sin but acting on that desire is sin, it's perversion, it's unnatural, it's defilement of the body, mind, soul.

smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @smoothie ; Same-sex attraction might happen in our sin-nature and desire is not sin but acting on that desire is sin, it's perversion, it's unnatural, it's defilement of the body, mind, soul.

Wonderful, now prove that it is a choice. :)
    @RickeyD Nobody cares. The argument is if it a choice or not.

You may concede at any time.
    Plaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ;  God cares, Nature cares, and you'll stand in the Judgment of the Condemned for your rebellion against God's Covenant of Marriage lest you repent and then you will CARE as well!

smoothiePlaffelvohfen
  • Well, this debate went off a tangent quickly. It's not even exactly about orientation. Some heterosexuals will at times choose a gay lifestyle. This behavior is also seen in other animal species such as certain chimps.
    MaryMay

RickeyD said:
    @smoothie ;  God cares, Nature cares, and you'll stand in the Judgment of the Condemned for your rebellion against God's Covenant of Marriage lest you repent and then you will CARE as well!

Prove that sexual attraction is a choice, or admit to being a self entitled, troll.
    @YeshuaBought ; Sexual attraction is natural between a man and a woman. Same-sex attraction and acting upon same is a choice to defile the natural attraction between the man and the woman.
    smoothie
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    Well, this debate went off a tangent quickly. It's not even exactly about orientation. Some heterosexuals will at times choose a gay lifestyle. This behavior is also seen in other animal species such as certain chimps.
    Correct. I was going to make my point but I wanted to deal with our pest first who still can't make a basic logical argument.

Sexual orientation is not a choice, but the choice to engage in any type of sex is a choice. A heterosexual/homosexual/whateversexual may engage in any type of sex, nothing is stopping them. However, psychologically they will prefer a certain type of sex with a certain sex.

Through gritted teeth and sheer will, you can have sex with anybody, BUT
    The psychological preference (sexuality) is not a choice.

And yes, the behavior is seen across thousands of species so the natural argument against it is thrown out the window
    ZeusAres42OakTownA
    why so serious?
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Sexual attraction is natural between a man and a woman. Same-sex attraction and acting upon same is a choice to defile the natural attraction between the man and the woman.
    What evidence can you provide that sexual attraction is a choice, and when did you choice to be straight?
    @YeshuaBought ; Commonsense and wisdom and discernment and logic and reason, human physiology...these testify against your lesbianism.
    smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Commonsense and wisdom and discernment and logic and reason, human physiology...these testify against your lesbianism.
    What scientific study can you provide, that proves your claim? God gave us minds, and expects us to use them. logical fact: If you did not choose to be straight, gays did not choose to be gay. Please address what I am saying, and stop trolling.
    @YeshuaBought ; What does science have to do with commonsense and logic and reason and human physiology concerning natural desire and lifestyle? Even a small child knows that an inne and an outie belong together and that two-innies and two-outies are wrong...can't you see through your own self-deception?

smoothie
    @RickeyD You're off topic
    ZeusAres42
    why so serious?
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; What does science have to do with commonsense and logic and reason and human physiology concerning natural desire and lifestyle. Even a small child knows that an inne and an outie belong together and that two-innies and two-outies are wrong...can't you see through own self-deception?

So you cannot back up your claim, with a psychological study? if you say that sexual attraction isa choice, the burden of proof is on you, because you made the positive claim.
    @smoothie ; No, I'm not...
    smoothie
    @YeshuaBought ; Homosexuality-Lesbianism-Transgenderism...these are psychological abnormalities. What proof do you require?

@RickeyD You're off topic
    why so serious?
    RickeyD said:
    @smoothie ; No, I'm not...
    Yes you are.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Homosexuality-Lesbianism-Transgenderism...these are psychological abnormalities. What proof do you require?

Yes or no: Can you prove, that sexual attraction, is a choice?

Again, ad nauseam...Please listen....  A man or woman who lives by God's law of Nature as infused in The Genesis and reiterated in the Gospel of Mark has NO NEED to "choose" natural attraction via obedience, human physiology, human natural psychology...human sexuality is naturally manifest between male and female. It is the lesbian, the homosexual, that must "choose" to defy and defile Nature and rebel against God's Covenant of Marriage. Sexual immorality is a "choice"...because it defies the Law of Nature.

smoothie
    RickeyD said:

Again, ad nauseam...Please listen....  A man or woman who lives by God's law of Nature as infused in The Genesis and reiterated in the Gospel of Mark has NO NEED to "choose" natural attraction via obedience, human physiology, human natural psychology...human sexuality is naturally manifest between male and female. It is the lesbian, the homosexual, that must "choose" to defy and defile Nature and rebel against God's Covenant of Marriage. Sexual immorality is a "choice"...because it defies the Law of Nature.

That does not prove that people choose, who they are attracted to, so i will ask again: Can you or can you not prove, that you chose to be straight? If so, prove it, by having sex with a man.
    @YeshuaBought He can't prove it, thats why he's swerving the conversation in random directions with usual
    YeshuaBoughtPlaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Untrue. Nature testifies against your rebellion in immorality.
    smoothie
    smoothie said:
    @YeshuaBought He can't prove it, thats why he's swerving the conversation in random directions with usual
    I agree. He paints Christians in a bad light, and I am a Christian saying this.
    smoothie
    @YeshuaBought ; It certainly does. Your lesbianism is unnatural, it's sin against God and His Covenant of Marriage...you "choose" to rebel against God and Nature.
    smoothie
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    I am not sure what you mean by "gay lifestyle". What is principally different in lives of gays that warrants classifying it as a different lifestyle than that of non-gays? The only difference is people they are attracted to, but that is a very minimal difference. You would not call someone who is attracted to Asian people having an "Asian-sexual lifestyle" or something along these lines, would you?

I am assuming that what you really meant was this: "Do some gays choose to partake in homosexual relations?" The answer is, "Of course". In principle, nothing forbids a gay from enrolling in a heterosexual relationship, and nothing forbids a straight person from enrolling in a homosexual relationship. In practice, few will make such choices. One of my friends is a rare exception, in that she is homosexual, but is in a relationship with a guy.

As a hypothetical illustration, I am heterosexual, but if, say, someone paid me a billion dollars to spend a month in a relationship with a guy, I would not hesitate for a moment (I would actually be quite interested to try it out, although I do not see myself enjoying it too much). Pretty sure most people would do the same, despite what they might claim in public.
    JoltdebatinglegendOakTownAZeusAres42