frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Trump smart?

Debate Information

I think so.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: $454 Million

Trump is not smart enough to pay his bond.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Is Trump smart?

Hello a:

Nahh..  He's cunning.

excon

• Delilah6120Delilah6120 21 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is Trump smart?

@anarchist100

His intelligence as a narcissist is only to be associated with his self-protective marketing skills. He operates at the lowest possible level of humanity - protecting himself and promoting himself. 
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Trump defeated Hillary Clinton for president.  So he does have some level of intelligence in how to run a campaign.  

Underlying the debate seems to be the idea that one needs to be smart to be a good president.  I don't know if the skillset for president requires one to be a Mensa member.  Instead, it seems that it is more important to be able to personally connect with people, project an image that will cause people to vote for you, and to mobilize the right people to help you.

Anyone who is arguing that Joe Biden is president because he is smart, has obviously never listened to Biden read his teleprompter.  
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    Trump is intelligent, charismatic, strategic, one of, if not the, best President to have ever entered the Oval Office.
    Progressive Democrats are evil, demonic, stu-pid, arrogant, insolent, useless, dangerous.

• jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited April 22

Trump defeated Hillary Clinton for president.  So he does have some level of intelligence in how to run a campaign. 
    Hello just:

Nahhh.  Let me elaborate on my previous answer..  Trump is cunning, not smart..  The dictionary defines cunning as having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion.

Have you ever been playfully attacked by your cat?  Of course..  That's how cats play..  That's why we love them.  However, your cat doesn't just walk up and attack..  NOOOOO..  Your cat HIDES behind something, and attacks when your back is turned.. That's NOT because your cat smart..  It's because he's cunning.  Your dog doesn't hide.  That's because he's NOT cunning.

Trump is stu*pid..  And you, my friend, just_ sayin, KNOW it.  He knows NOTHING about how the world runs, and he knows NOTHING about how this country runs.  And, that's just_so.  But, you don't like him because he's brilliant..  You like him because he OWNS the libs.   And that, he does EVERY day.    

Look.  You don't have to be smart to own your opposition..  All you have to be is cunning..  Cunning, however, is not a good trait for a leader..   They have no loyalty.  They'll turn on you.  And, Trump turns on somebody EVERY day. 

excon

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    jack said:

Hello just:

Nahhh.  Let me elaborate on my previous answer..  Trump is cunning, not smart..  The dictionary defines cunning as having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion.

Have you ever been playfully attacked by your cat?  Of course..  That's how cats play..  That's why we love them.  However, your cat doesn't just walk up and attack..  NOOOOO..  Your cat HIDES behind something, and attacks when your back is turned.. That's NOT because your cat smart..  It's because he's cunning.  Your dog doesn't hide.  That's because he's NOT cunning.

Trump is stu*pid..  And you, my friend, just_ sayin, KNOW it.  He knows NOTHING about how the world runs, and he knows NOTHING about how this country runs.  And, that's just_so.  But, you don't like him because he's brilliant..  You like him because he OWNS the libs.   And that, he does EVERY day.    

Look.  You don't have to be smart to own your opposition..  All you have to be is cunning..  Cunning, however, is not a good trait for a leader..   They have no loyalty.  They'll turn on you.  And, Trump turns on somebody EVERY day. 

excon

Trump did not win the election by deceit.  He won it fair and square.  If you are arguing he didn't have any say in his own campaign, that certainly doesn't sound like Trump.  While he has his problems, Trump ran a better campaign than did Hillary Clinton.  Trump charted his own course, and that requires some intelligence.