frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

WHAT in the Qu'ran!

Debate Information

WHAT? I just formulated a conclusion that utterly shocked me, regarding the age of the earth and the universe and the Qur'an. 

Here's my thought process:

I was reviewing the Big Bang model, and came across the age of the universe which is estimated to be around 13.77 billion years old precisely.
Here are two sources that suggest so.

The universe is 13.77 billion years old, according to a new measurement taken using a powerful telescope in Chile, according to a Axios article published on January 07, 2021.

Another source agrees, that based on new observations the universe is indeed 13.77 billion years old, as the article is titled, "New Observations Agree That the Universe is 13.77 Billion Years old" published on January 07, 2021 from Universetoday.com.

From here, I thought about a Qur'anic verse regarding creation: "The Qur'an states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54).

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day).The word "youm" is understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period. (according to the Islam Creation source)

The length of these days are long periods of time that are not precisely defined as the above mentions, so I thought to myself, let's try to precisely define these long periods of time (days) that is concordant with science and the Qur'an.

So I took the age of the universe (13.77 billion years old) and I divided it by the number of days it took to create the universe according to the Qur'an (six days) and I got 2.295 billion years. 

From this, I concluded the following. One day which is concordant with the divine reality of God is roughly 2.3 billion years in the natural and material reality.  2.295 billion years precisely equals to one day in God's account of the time of the creation process, meaning that for God 2.3 billion years is just one day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I thought to myself how could I possibly validate this?

I look in the Qur'an for inspiration and in no more than a minute I saw this verse, "Ask ˹them, O  Prophet˺, “How can you disbelieve in the One Who created the earth in two Days? And how can you set up equals with Him? That is the Lord of all worlds. (41:9)

The earth was created in two Days according to the Qur'an. From here, I researched how old the earth actually was and concluded that Earth is estimated to be 4.54 billion years old, plus or minus about 50 million years. This plus or minus means that the Earth's age could range between 4.49 billion and 4.59 billion years old.

From here, I took the precise length of one Day (2.295 billion years) and multiplied it by 2 in order to find the length of two Days, and the result was..

4.59 billions years. I am utterly shocked at the accuracy of this book. 2.295 x 2 = 4.59 billions years. Wow.

The Qur'an states that the Earth is precisely 4.59 billions years old. What does science have to say about this?

Firstly as previously mentioned due to the plus/minus of 50 millions years of the Earth's Age, 4.59 billion years is totally within this plus/minus range and thus the possibility for 4.59 being the precise age for the Earth remains valid and generally accepted among scientists.

But what do most scientists have to say about this? The 4.59 billion age of the Earth. Here are some sources:

Source 1: 
For our purposes, we are going to look at the methods scientists use to measure the age of the earth. Most scientists seem to agree that the earth is about 4.6 billion years old.

Source 2: 
When Earth formed 4.6 billion years ago from a hot mix of gases and solids, it had almost no atmosphere. The surface was molten. As Earth cooled, an atmosphere formed mainly from gases spewed from volcanoes. 

Source 3: the Earth formed with other parts of the solar system about 4.6 billion years ago.

The End. (well it isn't as this theory is totally incomplete and needs work)

(Disclaimer: I am not saying this is the truth or nothing like that these are merely my thoughts that I wanted to share)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments