frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is God's LOVE truly "unconditional?"

Debate Information

“God's LOVE is Unconditional" - A FALSE PREMISE

There is a heresy flowing through the Church and the redeemed in Jesus which exclaims that the Father’s love is unconditional; if this is true, why Jesus?

Was Elohim’s love in Eden unconditional?

16 And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden, 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.” Genesis 2:16-17 (Berean Study Bible)

Was Elohim’s love for the Adamic and Noahic generations unconditional?

5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of mankind was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually. 6 So the Lord was sorry that He had made mankind on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 Then the Lord said, “I will wipe out mankind whom I have created from the face of the land; mankind, and animals as well, and crawling things, and the birds of the sky. For I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. Genesis 6:5-8 (NASB)

Was Elohim’s love for Israel’s children unconditional in the Covenant of Law?

“Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the Lord your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I am commanding you today, that the Lord your God will put you high above all the nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings will come to you and reach you if you obey the Lord your God: Deuteronomy 28:1-2 (NASB)

15 “But it shall come about, if you do not obey the Lord your God, to be careful to follow all His commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: Deuteronomy 28:15 (NASB)

Is Elohim’s love for mankind unconditional in the New Covenant?

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NASB)

The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. John 3:18 (NASB)

But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:33 (NKJV)

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. 1 John 2:23 (NASB)

He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36 (KJV)

Conclusion of the matter?

The Father’s love, mercy, grace, covenants, have always been predicated by conditions, mandates, requirements; therefore, please stop telling the unredeemed that God’s love is unconditional as this false teaching is easily interpreted and internalized as “universal salvation”…a doctrine from Hell.

Faith-belief-trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord who died for us is the ETERNAL "condition" upon which the Father's covenant of eternal life is predicated (John 3; Hebrews 8:12). Please don't miss this truism or lead others in the way of a doctrine of death?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments