frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are There Unwinnable Arguments?

Debate Information

Given that we have a level playing field; the arguer has a modicum of logic, reasoning ability and arguing skills, there must be some arguments that could never be won.

For example; "God Exists". Since there is not one single piece of evidence to support such an argument, surely there can never be a chance of winning it. 

Races are not equal ?............Abortion is not okay?......Euthanasia is not okay?.......Homosexual/LBGTQ is not okay? Surely, if anyone were to attempt to argue these points, he or she would be pushing jelly uphill since the topics go against society acceptance and legislation.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    As you'll see just by viewing this board, no argument can ever be won unless one person admits that they are wrong. 
    ZeusAres42
  • As you'll see just by viewing this board, no argument can ever be won unless one person admits that they are wrong. 

• SwolliwSwolliw 1530 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature
    As you'll see just by viewing this board, no argument can ever be won unless one person admits that they are wrong. 

Yes I did notice that.

There was one and.....you won't believe this......there was one that inferred that you can't win if something has been proven by science....I mean, this is what it said......"you expect any person of reasonable intelligence to disagree with science?"

I know, I know....totally absurd to come up with something so blinkered, black and white and simply lacking in thought isn't it? If I can put my finger on the quote I will let you know but even the writer's name said it all ...."You can't agrgue vith ziss jah....because it is so."

Nomenclature
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Yes, Mr Swallow, there are.    Like claiming that all races are equal.  
    @Bogan
    I can prove you wrong there right on the spot right now.
    Since you failed miserably in explaining with logic and evidence the ill-founded topic: Are Races Equal?...let alone come anywhere near winning it, one is entitled to claim the converse...al races are equal.
    EEEEouch and strike a light...that must hurt.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

How would you know?    In response to your continuing impolite sneers at me, I have been attempting to entice you onto my topic for weeks now.    But despite your playacting of superiority, you have never worked up the guts to even try.
    @Bogan
    But despite your playacting of superiority, you have never worked up the guts to even try.

Okay...fair call...your turn now and your try after my obvious and blatant failure.

Let's see your formal challenge...in the form of a formal debate...your topic...bring it on....just one thing though...let's keep the words "whites" and "nig***s" out of the argument, shall we?

Oh yeah, I'm up for it.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Yes

An unwinnable argument can happen when the other person or people have deeply held beliefs or values that are not open to change, or when the two sides have fundamentally different assumptions or perspectives on the issue. In such cases, the argument may be unwinnable, as it is not possible to reach a resolution or agreement.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw
    there was one that inferred that you can't win if something has been proven by science

I think you evidently need some lessons in reading comprehension, because what I actually wrote was that it is pointless debating an issue which has been definitively settled by science already. The fact that you purposefully strawman everything I write before using sarcasm to attack it illustrates precisely the type of pointless troll you are. 

@Nomenclature
    what I actually wrote was that it is pointless debating an issue which has been definitively settled by science already. 

Wrong. What you actually wrote was "you expect any person of reasonable intelligence to disagree with science?"

That doesn't need reading comprehension. That needs matching the phrases verbatim. They do not match. 

Let me guess...you are going to use the semantics excuse...nah...used that one already.

How about the reverse strawman tactic...nah, used that one too.

Oh, I know...when all else fails, let's just be condescending and arrogant and make personal attacks on members as if they are inferior with less intelligence and lacking maturity.....nah...done that too on every other post.

So you see, you have run out of options. The only option you have now is to actually face the music and actually try intelligently arguing a topic and points instead of using weak excuses, gutter tactics and talking down to everyone. Yes, that's right....everyone. There is not one member so far that you have not belittled. If I made a mistake there just let us all know.

The question is...name one member so far that you have not personally attacked and patronized?

Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    @Swolliw
    Wrong. What you actually wrote was "you expect any person of reasonable intelligence to disagree with science?"

Which is another way of saying that it is pointless debating an issue which has been definitively settled by science already. I am not "wrong" for paraphrasing the exact wording of an earlier sentence in response to you deliberately butchering its meaning. Go away you absolutely pointless individual.

That doesn't need reading comprehension. 

Everything you read needs reading comprehension. You can't comprehend what you read without reading comprehension, dullard.

Your posts are completely pointless. Comprehend that.

• @Swolliw
    For example; "God Exists as only religion". Since there is not one single piece of evidence to support such an argument, surely there can never be a chance of winning it. 

• A claim such as God Exist depends on desire to present evidence while the temptation of evidence suppression is too high. First clear the court of possible wrong by addressing a non-religious possibility then there is no legal cause to obstruct evidence to be admissible in both personal and united state constitutional right.