frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Why are right wingers soo obsessed about what people do with their private parts??

Debate Information

Hello:

Let's see who's ON their list:

Pregnant women
Family's who don't wanna get pregnant
Women who wanna abort
Gay people who wanna have sex
People who wanna change their sex
The teaching of sex
Who pees where

In a free country, SHOULD there be lists like that?

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Hate is more of left-wing thing

@jack
    I think you have misunderstood the reasons why some more conservative people have issues with some of the issues you mentioned.  Mischaracterizing why someone thinks something may be a good propaganda tactic, but it doesn't get us any closer to understanding them, nor does it get us closer to the truth.

People object to abortion because it kills an innocent human life.  Often those who are pro-choice minimize the value of the human being in the womb and treat her as if she is less than human.  Pro-life people find it morally objectionable to kill innocent human beings.  It is not that they don't recognize that a woman's rights are also at play in the issue of abortion, but they feel that the greater harm is done to the pre-born child who loses her very life in an abortion.

While you may find some people who want to stop adults from changing their sex, I think, even a majority of conservatives, even if they personally think it is foolish to try to alter your gender, would allow others the right to make that decision for themselves.  The real rub has been when people advocate for children to change their gender.  As Sexology Today says:

The exact number varies by study, but roughly 60–90% of trans- kids turn out no longer to be trans by adulthood.

That's reviewing 11 studies.  And even the NYT has acknowledged that puberty blocking drugs can have some serious and irreversible side effects.

To suggest that a child who can't set their own bedtime, can determine their own gender seems foolish, when you understand that on average 80 percent of kids will grow out of their gender dysphoria and that puberty blockers can, according to the CDC, have permanent effects such as strokes, heart attack, cognitive development issues. bone density issues, and infertility.  It is interesting that nations who are considered more liberal such as Sweden, Finland, France, etc. have also adopted policies which restrict the general use of puberty blockers in children for gender dysphoria.  

The issue of teaching sex has often been misrepresented also.  Parents have been wanting various books banned.  Not because they deal with transgender issues as some have mis framed the concern, but because of graphic and explicit depictions of sex acts.  For instance, the most commonly banned book for public schools in 2022 was the book Gender Queer.  It contained anime style drawings of underage characters performing oral sex, and images of an adult man in ancient Roman times nude holding the manhood of a naked boy who wasn’t yet a man.  It contained other explicit images also.  I’d post them, but they would be removed.  Media agencies know these images are so explicit they can’t show them on their sites or tv shows, yet many gloss over the fact that this is what parents find offense.

As far as concern for who pees where, let's talk about how Loudoun VA public schools covered up that the boy who sexually assaulted 2 different girls at 2 different schools, assaulted at least one of the girls while both were in the girls bathroom and he was wearing a skirt at the time of the assault.  The Superintendent publicly lied about the incident and was later fired after the grand jury's ruling.  Concern for the safety of minors by parents isn't irrational.  

Transgender bathroom assaults do occur, even if they don't get a lot of news:

1. Transgender woman arrested accused of sexually assaulting teen in Walmart bathroom
    2. Transgender sexual assault claims at Brevard Public Schools could bring new state rules
    3. Oklahoma transgender student charged with assaulting female high school classmates in bathroom
    4. Former student sues Seattle schools over sexual assault
    5. AFTER ASSAULT, EDMOND TRANSGENDER BATHROOM POLICY QUESTIONED
    What's sad is that when girls come forward with claims of sexual assault as happened in Loudoun County and Brevard Public Schools they are silenced, or their claims or denied.  It is reasonable for parents to be concerned for the safety of their child.  
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    Argument Topic: Hate is a left wing thing? Cool. Tell it to Hitler.

@just_sayin
    I think you have misunderstood the reasons why some more conservative people have issues with some of the issues you mentioned.

He didn't offer any reasons, so I have no idea what you're talking about. He said right wingers are obsessed with what other people do with their private parts, then listed several examples. 

People object to abortion because it kills an innocent human life. 

Kind of weird then how Conservatives are usually fine with things like foreign wars, cops killing teenagers, the death penalty and ending social security. It's almost as if they're pro-life for under 18s, then pro-death for everyone else. The things which strike me most about Conservatives are the raging double standards, and of course the egregious abuses of language to rationalise their own prejudice. "Innocent human life" is a good example, because you're actually talking about a clump of cells which hasn't yet developed a central nervous system, can't feel pain, and is completely dependent on using a human body as a host. 

Parents have been wanting various books banned.

Yeah, Hitler was a big fan of that too.

For instance, the most commonly banned book for public schools in 2022 was the book Gender Queer.  It contained anime style drawings of underage characters performing oral sex, and images of an adult man in ancient Roman times nude holding the manhood of a naked boy who wasn’t yet a man. 

Yes, I can appreciate your outrage. It runs contrary to basic common sense, because everybody knows if you want proper sex education you don't need books. You just need to find your local Catholic priest.

jackDeejust4fun
  • RevoBankingRevoBanking 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Thx for giving info.

I do understand your fury for laptop, yes. It defies common sense because everyone is aware that you don't need books to receive a decent education in sex. You only need to locate a Catholic priest in your area.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Public School Educators more likely to sexually assault children than Catholic priests

@RevoBanking
    I'm not Catholic, but I find the Catholic priest bashing offensive.  Over the last 50-70 years, about 4 percent of Catholic priests engaged in some form of sexual misconduct with a minor.  Since the 80's that percentage has been cut in half to about 2 percent.  However, the US Department of Education found that about 5-7 percent of public school teachers engaged in similar sexually abusive behavior with their students during a similar time frame.  see Separating Facts About Clergy Abuse From Fiction.  Further, rather than the problem getting better, it has exploded in public schools. The Education Department found that reports of sexual violence at schools rose from about 9,600 in the 2015-2016 school year to nearly 15,000 in the 2017-2018 school year. That’s an increase of more than 50 percent.  The fact that public school educators are more likely to sexually assault a child is no excuse for Catholic priests to do so, but it does show us the hypocrisy of some who have focused much more on Catholic priests than public school educators.  The lead researcher for the Department of Education's report on minor sexual assault in public schools has gone on record as saying ""[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem? The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

It seems that parents should be very concerned about what sexual content their children are being exposed to at public schools.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    For the same reason that "left-wingers" are so obsessed with what identities people have, what minority groups they belong to, what privilege status they have, how much money they have and how much tax they pay, what their views are on climate change and the like: they have grown up in the environment constantly drawing their attention to these things and have been conditioned to perceiving the world in respective colors.

Think about why no one cares whether someone has black or brown hair color. Why indeed? Because no one around them has ever talked about this, and they have never even considered that the distinction between these groups may be important.
    In contrast, the subject of homosexuality, on one hand, is widely covered in the Bible which, to this day, is the primary source of people's life philosophy on the West - and on another, every prominent figure wanting to score some moral points talks about how evil it is to do anything but fully embrace it. Now, I grew up in a society in which there was a lot of discrimination against homosexual people, but the actual subject was raised so rarely that 99.9% people have never heard of any particular person who was gay or lesbian - so to me homosexuality is nothing more than a superficial trait that does not affect in any way how I treat someone. One of my friends is a lesbian in a relationship with another girl, and the only reason I care about it at all is because the relationship experience she has shared with me might not perfectly translate to my heterosexual experience.

Had I grown up in a religious community with pastors talking about how homosexuality is a horrible sin, or in a family of social justice activists who believe that gays on the West are almost as oppressed as Uyghurs are in China, my outlook likely would be very-very different. And same goes for you, Jack: it is easy to shame others for their views which others have influenced them to adopt, when you have not been through the same experiences as they have.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:

And same goes for you, Jack: it is easy to shame others for their views which others have influenced them to adopt, when you have not been through the same experiences as they have.
    Hello May:

If, as you say, others have influenced people to adopt wrong headed views, maybe I could influence them otherwise.  I'd have NO problem in shaming them into it, either.

excon

Nomenclature
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -  
    @jack

Pregnant women:
    Don't care about their private parts

Family's who don't wanna get pregnant
    Don't care.

Women who wanna abort
    I care they're ending an innocent human life

Gay people who wanna have sex.
    Don't care

People who wanna change their sex
    Don't care

The teaching of sex
    Only care about the way they teach it to children.

Who pees where.
    Care about the privacy of those using the bathroom.  For a single use bathroom I could care less.

Guess I don't care.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @jack
    If, as you say, others have influenced people to adopt wrong headed views, maybe I could influence them otherwise.  I'd have NO problem in shaming them into it, either.

People aren't wrong just because they have different political beliefs than you do. 

And you clearly are immune to shame, since you've been falsely identifying yourself as Jewish for the better part of a decade, despite the reality that you're an 80 year old atheist from Seattle who is less Jewish than the Pope.

• @jack

I thought we had settled this already it is due to the criminal invasion of medical patient privacy.