frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the Doctrine of Sola Fide (Justification by Faith Alone) Biblical?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 1530 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer ;The Mormon church should be praised for this.

Why should the Mormans get praise for simply following one single thing every other sane sensible human being does?

Especially considering that they are openly polygamist, racist, and sexist. 

Oh, and before you sign up; if you have tattoos, remove them and stock up on suits and white shirts.

They are one of the most extreme, oppressive, anti-social and repulsive organisations on the planet.

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: I am just following the advice of Jonathan M. Berman.

Hi Swolliw,

I was wondering about you haven't seen you in a while. Glad to see you are back. :)

Jonathan M. Berman makes the case we should praise religion when it does good. After-all it is common knowledge that religion sometimes leads to vaccine hesitancy.

I don't know if you prefer video or texts, but Harriet Hall is both an atheist and medical doctor has some really good material.

I think big tobacco, Putin, and Mercola are much worse that the Church of the Latter Day Saints. 

I am interested in why you think Mormon is so bad?

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 185 Pts   -  
    @ProudToBeCatholic

As shown ad infinitum in this link alone, ProudToBeCatholic has had a "plethora" of excuses to RUN AWAY from me in easily making him the Catholic fool!  

Just checking in to see if he found his "balls" to return so I can continue to make him one of the most Bible pseudo-christians that this Religion Forum as ever seen!

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: I tried following some of the debate, I got too bored.

This is why I don't like religious debates, there is no end. Just endless quoting religious scriptures back and forth. Science makes sense to me.

More and more religion has to use conspiracy thinking to justify its claims. For example young Earth creationists rely heavily upon conspiracy thinking. I get so tired and bored of listening to the vacuous claims of theists. All my life I've had to listen to Christians drone on and on. Since religion has a privileged position in society I was quiet. I am silent no more.

Religion can build community but so can flat Earth conspiracies. If you want an interesting debate, how about is religion or politics the main problem? I say politics.

"Press TV, an Iranian state-controlled broadcasting channel, uses social media to spread antisemitic hate" ccdh

Is Press TV Iran's government and politics to blame or religion Shia Islam? Or how about the Evangelic Church did politics poison the Church or was religion always bad?

"For the next 15 minutes, Bolin does not mention the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, or the life everlasting. Instead, he spouts misinformation and conspiratorial nonsense, much of it related to the “radically dangerous” COVID-19 vaccines."

I am of the opinion that religion is a huge waste of time, but mostly harmless. Bad political actors and grifters are far more dangerous. That the new atheist movement is an example of pearl clutching moral panic. The cure new atheism is worse than the disease religion, like an overactive immune system with lupus.

To be fair Harris does make a point about martyrs.

"We must come to terms with the possibility that men who are every bit as zealous to die as the nineteen hijackers may one day get their hands on long-range nuclear weaponry. The Muslim world in particular must anticipate this possibility and find some way to prevent it. Given the steady proliferation of technology, it is safe to say that time is not on our side."

This could be any religion though, Christianity for example. I'm much more worried about the American Taliban with nukes.