frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should Autism Speaks be shut down?

Debate Information

I was wondering if anyone would want this organization to be shut down.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• theinfectedmastertheinfectedmaster 145 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: This organization needs to go, too.

As an autistic person myself this organization absolutely needs to shut down. It is basically trying to get rid of autistic people.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

As an autistic person myself this organization absolutely needs to shut down. It is basically trying to get rid of autistic people.

Well that might be good thing considering the content you post continuously 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

If you're afraid of Autism Speaks, then I'd donate to it. People like you are what ruin the reputation of people like me (I'm autistic). Saying you support legalizing pedophilia is not a way to get you on any single person's side.
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Wow! Did he actually say that?
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @Dee

Sort of, they have a debate called "Should age of consent laws be abolished?" and I think that's pretty clear-cut support of pedophilia. Sadly, though, this debate was before the deletion of old arguments so we can't see what they said.
    Dee
    @Dee You realize just have offensive and ableist that is.
    @Luigi7255 Do you know there is a such thing that exists called hebephilia and ephebophilia.
    @Dee I'm female. Hello.
    @theinfectedmaster

That's still pedophilia, and my god you're so dense and insane to believe an attraction to minors is completely okay.
    theinfectedmaster
    @Luigi7255 Uh no. It isn't, and you could look it up. Pedophilia is when someone who is 16 or older is sexually attracted is attracted to prepubescent people who are 13 or younger and the person has to be exactly 5 or more years apart from them.
    @Luigi7255 I believe that everything should be maturity based in society since age doesn't define maturity at all. I believe that even saying that age defines maturity a little bit even is just wrong because we are all different and mature at different rates.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

Your offence is not an argument 
    @theinfectedmaster

Let me get this straight. You're advocating for repealing age of consent laws, making some forms of pedophilia legal, and replacing every single stoplight with a roundabout, and you expect to be taken seriously? If you truly believe all this idiocy, then you should just get out before the storm of actually smart people arrives.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @theinfectedmaster

So what? I don't like male or females who support paedophilia 
    @Dee I think it is seriously nuts why we even have age restrictions for anything because people all mature at different rates. I'm someone who strongly advocates for getting rid of age restrictions for everything
    @Luigi7255 Hebephilia and ephebophilia are not forms of pedophilia though. Hebephilia is a disorder in which people who are 18 or older are sexually attracted to pubescent adolescent between 11 and 14, and they have to be exactly 5 or more years apart from. Ephebophilia is when a person who is 20 or older is sexually attracted to postpubescent adolescent between 15 and 19 and is exactly 5 or more years apart from them.
    @theinfectedmaster

What part of "that's still considered pedophilia" don't you get? It's considered pedophilia by the law and is commonly called pedophilia. It's still against the law, and those who are pedophiles deserve to be under the jail.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

@Dee I think it is seriously nuts why we even have age restrictions for anything because people all mature at different rate

But you would think that as you're seriously nuts 

. I'm someone who strongly advocates for getting rid of age restrictions for everything

Yes I know you think paedophilia is just fine , your very unwell seek help 
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster ;As an autistic person myself this organization absolutely needs to shut down. It is basically trying to get rid of autistic people.

I have a disability and I know about autism speaks and I reckon you could be p ing a round the wrong tree a bout this because trying to get rid of autism isn't the same as getting rid of autistic people and I haven't seen any where where they are trying to get rid of autistic people and you didn't even say what your talking about any way so may be you can say what you heard or what the evidence a bout this that you know of.