frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Cops are dirty rotten corrupt scumbag tyrants

Debate Information

Hello:

Yeah, this:

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited July 2023
    Hello @jack:

Are people ignoring the truth???  Well, NOT on my watch. I got more.  I got a whole passel of 'em.

Pay attention, America..  Democracy is slipping away. 

DEFUND THESE BA*STARDS

excon

just_sayin
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited July 2023
    Hello:

Dupe:

excon
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @jack Well yes theres all ways going to be dirty cops as sure as there are always dirty people and cops are people. I know where I live we have cops who beet the crap out of the hoods and get racquet money out of them. And I have a cousin who is a cop and he takes half of the drug bust exhibits and uses it for him self or sells it to his friends. But the scarry fact about cops is that they have power and every one including blind Freddie knows that power corrupts no matter who you give the power to. So what your got to do in the end is put checks in place to contain all the corruption but your never going to get rid of it.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    Barnardot said:

@jack Well yes theres all ways going to be dirty cops as sure as there are always dirty people and cops are people.  So what your got to do in the end is put checks in place to contain all the corruption but your never going to get rid of it.

Hello B:

Sounds like you're good with that.  That'll change when they jam you up.  And, they WILL get around to you..

excon
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    @jack
    First it is immoral to falsely accuse someone of a crime, even more so to falsely accuse an entire profession.  While there are incidents of misconduct, it would be unjust to claim that all police engage in criminal behavior. Each allegation of impropriety by a police officer is investigated and the vast majority of officers are cleared - often officers are investigated by the police department, the justice department, and any independent local group tasked to do so.  The Washington Post said "we find that just under 2% of the on-duty officers who shoot and kill someone are charged with murder or manslaughter," in any given year.  The reason is they ARE CLEARED OF WRONGDOING BY INVESTIGATION!  A Bowling Green State study found that approximately 0.5% of all reported incidents involving police use of force resulted in an officer being charged with a crime.  

Wow, @jack, I bet you'll next be telling us that everybody in prison is innocent and that people accused of a crime never lie.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Hello just:

After seeing this video, one can only conclude that the MAJORITY of cops are crooks.  Yet, here you are.

excon
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Hello j:

After seeing this video, one can only conclude that the cops are one big gang.  Yet, here you are.

excon

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited July 2023
    @jack
    After seeing this video, one can only conclude that the cops are one big gang.  Yet, here you are.

The video doesn't represent all, nor a majority, nor a plurality, but only a few officers.  To believe the slanderous lie you suggest, we must assume that all review boards are also crooked.  We must believe every DA office that doesn't prosecute the officers is also crooked. That every grand jury which found there wasn't  evidence of criminal conduct is also crooked, that every DOJ investigation that found police officers justified in their actions as also crooked, That every judge and jury that found police officers justified in their conduct as also crooked.  

So which is more likely - are thousands, maybe millions of people crooked along with all police officers, or does @jack just hate police and projects his attitudes onto them?  I know which is statistically more likely.  Do you?

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited July 2023
    @jack

There is a complex issue at work here the topic does not in fact fall under United States First Amendment rights even when broken by use of legal clause. To serve my time as constitutional representative I would describe the argument as being about,  or over What has already been described as a state of the more perfect union made by what I would admit being many republicans as whole truth. Myself included in that list of many making an error in a poor state of the union. To the point the state of the union in question is public funding as a form of connection to established justice, or taxation as the basis for representation to legislation and law. 

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @jack ;Sounds like you're good with that.  That'll change when they jam you up.  And, they WILL get around to you..

Not really because before I discovered God I got done in enough times. When I was real young my friend and me used to put dog turds in letter boxes and we got caught and from then on the cops were all ways trying to pin things on us. They did us for egging cars going down the street but it wasn't us it was the next door neighbors who did it. So we had to do community service and clean the tags off the walls and believe me when the hoods see you doing that then all hell brakes loose because that is total sackrillige. So you can see how things elevate to total new levels because you get caught between the hoods and the cops who are both trying to do you in. It all ended 1 day when my cousin came to stay with us because he had no where to go after he got out. Just because my partner missed 1 payment off her Neon the loan shop sent round these big guys who banged on our door. And she was innocent any way because she lost her job so she couldn't pay any way. So we chased the guys down the street with base ball bats that were filled with led at the end and man were those guys in a mess when we got them. Any way my partner wrote the car off and they couldn't even seeze it any way and they never came back. So the point is that that is the way that it is and who ever said that the world is fare any way.