frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Dino Crisis original is the scariest video game, correct?

Debate Information

What is the scariest video game? I think it is Dino Crisis original, but feel free to disagree with me.

Other runner ups would be Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil, and Doom 3.

Pick the exact game, not a series. Often a series degrades after the first. For example Dino Crisis two was somewhat creepy but felt more like a shooter like Doom or House of the Dead. The opposite direction is Doom 3 was much more intense than the first. If for example you pick Silent Hill, which game of the Silent Hill series is the most horrifying?

1. Live Poll

Scariest video game?

1 vote
    1. Silent Hill
        0.00%
    2. Fatal Frame
        0.00%
    3. Resident Evil
        0.00%
    4. Doom 3
        0.00%
    5. Dino Crisis
      100.00%
    6. Other
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Dino Crisis is the scariest video game.

Of all the zombies, ghosts, vampires, demons, and more there is something about dinosaurs that are really scary. Even the dogs in the opening cut scenes in resident evil one look and sound more like dinosaurs. What makes it for me is that dinosaurs really did exist at one point in time.

Zombies are gross, but realistically they would be much weaker than a human. Humans are really skilled at killing and the chances of a human getting bitten is small. Children are strong for their size and could probably just push over a horde of zombies and I doubt the zombies could get back up with all their open wounds and broken limbs. Raccoons, insects, and bacteria would devour the horde of zombies. 

I still have nightmares about that t-Rex from Dino crisis. They did a good job. What do you think is there a game scarier than Dino Crisis?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6083 Pts   -  
    I cannot take horror in movies or video games: I always get too immersed in the fictional world and essentially become my character. I bought Alien: Isolation a long time ago and never mustered the courage to try it out. :D

The scariest game I have played (and finished) must have been Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I remember being mildly drunk when I started playing it, and 5 minutes in I was completely sober - that game has that effect. Psychological horror is the worst horror. I can somewhat handle jump scares, although they cause me to curse loudly every time - when I lived with roommates, that created some awkward situations... But this slow, creeping feeling of doom is what gets me.

Honorable mentions are Wolfenstein: New Order (goddamn Panzerhund and the torture scenes) and Doom 3.
    Dreamer
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Survival horror games are often supringly easy compared to say Cuphead and other cute sugar bowl games.

Ever try to beat the entire game of Lemmings for snes, not just one or the first twenty levels, but the entire game? I think there is 120 levels. Even the first two levels on the hardest difficult mayhem are extremely difficult.  To truly master lemmings could easily take hundreds of hours to get good enough to beat the most difficult levels.

Dragon's Lair for nes takes way longer to beat, only 30 mins or less to beat if play perfectly, but a month to master the game before you have a chance of winning.

In comparison most survival horror games are trivial. The original resident evil can be beaten in under three hours. Realistically the average player can beat within 12 hours accounting for a few forgetting to save and dying incidents. Furthermore, the game doesn't have that much replay value.

What do you think of survival horror games being surprisingly easy?