frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Can you prove God, an immaterial, non physical but individual purposed filled being exists ?

Debate Information

Position: Against
This can be God of any religion that is the cause for all existence whom those may refer to as being personal.

The individual attempting to prove their case has to be able to answer questions asked to them in attempt to further solidify their position eliminating any refutations.

Keep within 5 arguments or no more than five. 

Prove meaning make evident to our sense of reality that God can be detected in or is detected in to us empirically .

Someone proceeded to prove the name of God exists with this specific topic. That does not qualify. The definition or meaning of God doesn't mean name. So this can be God of any religion that is the cause for all existence so that would mean a force capable of creative power so great and eternal. Different from just letters that make up a language to form names.

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

For:

0% (0 Points)

Against:

0% (0 Points)

Votes: 0

Debate Type: Traditional Debate

Voting Format: Casual Voting

Opponent: Dreamer

Rounds: 3

Time Per Round: 48 Hours Per Round

Voting Period: 24 Hours

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Voting

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Round 1 | Position: For
    DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  

Thank you for taking the time to create this debate. I will be arguing the Pro side meaning I will be proving the existence of God. Should be fun. :)

Yes, you can especially if God wants you to know.

I choose Pastafarianism and the Flying Spaghetti Monster as God. The Earth is only 4,000 years old.  We could prove the existence of this deity if people suddenly returned from the dead saying the Flying Spaghetti Monster returned them to life. More so if they mention that Heaven had a beer volcano.
  • Round 1 | Position: Against
    "So this can be God of any religion that is the cause for all existence so that would mean a force capable of creative power so great and eternal. "

This is what is meant by God in the topic.

So what is the proof of God existing which would mean make evident to our sense of reality that God can be detected in or is detected in to us empirically ?

It's what we can empirically attest so that means what we can see for ourselves now authentically, not hypothetically, not theoretically or jovially.
  • Round 2 | Position: For
    "Prove meaning make evident to our sense of reality that God can be detected"

God can be detected via miracles. For example if people with only one arm prayed to God and then miraculously regenerated a second arm. If aliens from outer space independently believed in the same God. More so if they had the same exact holy book.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of the FSM coming to people in dreams. These are absolute truths. Anyone who rejects this will go to the Freezer of Doom.

Your hypocrisy is always exposed the moment you start insulting, lying and slandering. Your arguments are strawmen, weak and hypocritically invalidated. Cry me a river and get over it.You have been silenced by the truth. All trolls will be destroyed and silenced by the truth.

I feel very upset as I see and hear foolish people like you who dare blasphemy the Flying Spaghetti Monster Who is Creator of all things.

• Round 2 | Position: Against
    "It's what we can empirically attest so that means what we can see for ourselves now authentically, not hypothetically, not theoretically or jovially."

I emphasize the words "we can see for ourselves now authentically, not hypothetically".

Ok so let's see what you had to say which is supposed to be empirical.

"For example if people with only one arm prayed to God and then miraculously regenerated a second arm. "

I would just ask where has this happen or where can we SEE this happening NOW?

I think you have one more chance to present evidence. 

See evidence can be presented that the sun exists such as looking up to the day time sky.

Pour a cup of water on your hand. That's evidence we can see or you can see the contact made that it's wet.

"Prove meaning make evident to our sense of reality that God can be detected in or is detected in to us empirically ."

When you talk about a miracle happening such as you did, where is that evident for us to detect?

That's what the topic is calling for.

• Round 3 | Position: For
    Maybe I misunderstood the topic. I am saying it is possible to prove that God exists. God could appear at any time on television perform miracles like raising Elvis Presley from the dead and that would be proof.

Any evidence I have is weak, anecdotal, or relies massively upon conspiracy thinking. Some even go so far that religion itself is a conspiracy theory.

God is so alien as to be an eldritch abomination. Think about it an all powerful all knowing being would be extremely different from humans. The sum of all human knowledge is dwarfed by our ignorance. We know next to nothing about far away galaxies.

We haven't even found every species on Earth. Let alone a multi-verse maybe 12 dimensions. God possessing omniscience would have complete knowledge and no ignorance. This is simply unfathomable to me.

God is completely alien to us. "Trying to understand God is like a penguin trying to understand nuclear fission." House MD TV series.

In this sense apatheism seems prudent. How would we even recognize an extremely bizarre being known as God?
  • Round 3 | Position: Against
    Ok I accept you conceding that you can't prove the existence of God, thanks for participating.