frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The sh*t is about to hit the fan

Debate Information

Hello:

It IS..  Red lights are blinking..  The air is palpable with hate.  Trials and convictions loom on the horizon.  Will it be business as usual???  Uhh, NO it won't.

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• aureusaureus 25 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: No revolution, thank you very much

Assuming you are referencing America then most likely not. 

The economy is doing well, unemployment is low, a general lack of desire for resistance/revolution, two obvious rival nations who challenge greater American values and a general belief in the justice system. 
    On the other side though, social stratification does appear to be increasing but the general narrative of American 'upward mobility' is still present.

Also revolutions are fast and trials are slow. The slow dripping of information through a court case will merely be a form of entertainment and will deflate any talk of revolution.
    excon
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @jack Well your got to realize that the dog mess is all ways hitting the fan in all spears of life because thats what life is yin and yang. So when you analize it in the end its not about the dog mess hitting the fan its all about how you Dodge it and how well you can wip off the dog mess that sticks to you. Your got to look at the right prespective.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    aureus said:

Assuming you are referencing America then most likely not.
    Hello a:

That's exactly who I'm addressing.  We're at inflection point in history..

I'm ever the optimist, though..  I HOPE we come down on the right side, however, I FEAR we won't. 

excon
  • @jack

Will the Sh!t hit the fan? Well, they do make special pumps to pump crap so unless you are monkeying around and are throwing it at the fan. I would say just call a septic service and have it pumped in a container and taken away.

Trials and convictions loom on the horizon.  Will it be business as usual???

A particular field of endeavor, yes it sounds so.

Business Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    I wish the OP was willing to put in enough effort into his posting for others to, at least, be able to understand what he is talking about... But no, he now routinely posts his streams of consciousness - on a debate website, for some reason.

Thinking that, perhaps, I am missing something, I decided to ask GPT-4 to translate this one for me. My prompt:

Hi ChatGPT,
    On a debate website I participate on, someone created a thread with the following opening statement:

"Hello:
    It IS..  Red lights are blinking..  The air is palpable with hate.  Trials and convictions loom on the horizon.  Will it be business as usual???  Uhh, NO it won't.
    excon"

I am at a loss as to what this means. Could you make a reasonable guess?

Its response (key parts highlighted by me):

The statement is highly abstract and seems to be intentionally vague, making it difficult to pinpoint its exact meaning. Phrases like "Red lights are blinking" and "The air is palpable with hate" suggest a sense of urgency or danger, as well as negative emotional tones. "Trials and convictions loom on the horizon" implies impending judgment or accountability. Finally, "Will it be business as usual??? Uhh, NO it won't" suggests that change is imminent and that things will not continue as they have in the past.

The statement may be an expression of concern or warning about an evolving situation, though it's not clear what specific issue or topic is being addressed. It could relate to politics, social issues, or even personal experiences, but without further context, it's hard to say for sure.
    In a debate context, this kind of opening statement may be intended to provoke thought or stir up discussion, though it lacks clarity, which could make it challenging for participants to engage meaningfully without further elaboration from the original poster.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    MayCaesar said:
    I wish the OP was willing to put in enough effort into his posting for others to, at least, be able to understand what he is talking about...
    Hello May:

Yeah..  Some people understand what I write, and some people don't..   I'm cryptic, brief, snarky, and more often than not, absolutely correct in my assessments.

Bite me.

excon

PS>  Below this debate, I started another one wherein I said:  When the Marshals show up to arrest Trump, will there be a shootout with the Secret Service??

It's short, snarky and accurate.  I wonder if you got it..  Proly not..