frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How come I'm so smart??

Debate Information

Hello:

Or, more correctly stated, how come you're so dumb?? 

Did you know the Constitution is only 7 pages long?  Did you know the Bill Of Rights is only 652 words?  Could you memorize 652 words???  I did it in my 5th grade civics class.  They ARE the rules of society, after all, and you can't win if you don't know the rules. 

Why did we STOP teaching civics?  I think it's cause you can't GOVERN an informed populace.  You can only RULE them.

Should we re-institute the teaching of civics?   What would happen if we did?

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @jack
    Did you know the Constitution is only 7 pages long?  Did you know the Bill Of Rights is only 652 words?  Could you memorize 652 words???  I did it in my 5th grade civics class.  They ARE the rules of society, after all, and you can't win if you don't know the rules. 

It is not the rules of the land it is the law of these United States of America.

They ARE the rules of society, after all, and you can't win if you don't know the rules.

How is it you have such a hard time grasping such a easy concept to established justice. Laws of State and Federal Courts are not rights they are crimes and conditions of wrong used by lawyers to perform a practice by license for the People. A United States Constitutional right is a series of truths, whole truths, and self-evident truth held in a state of the union to create a law without the use of crime at all. Thus, giving the people the power of self-representation before the Courts. We the people of these United States have the right of choice between being represented by council or not the exception to this in business.

Should we re-institute the teaching of civics?   What would happen if we did?

I do not think it will make a difference as you and many others do not have an understanding of how a United States Constitutional right work. This is why criminal law is used meaning we use crime not right to govern. Just look at the term Presadera when used not a crime like discrimination to hold all women as created equal by their creator in one state of law, then look at all men as President. The whole truth is a women cannot be President because she is a woman It is due to the fact women have not created and held themselves created as all equal in writing as a United State Constitutional Right. The term President will not do this for them the united state that existed is not the cause of the wrong.

You do not understand even the consequence of why I am waiting for the common defense to the principle in cost now that council has broken the 1st Amendment. Do you? We are debating the principle of filed grievance. I already understand you have none.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    Let us turn this around: without looking anywhere, tell me the international phone code for China. What, you cannot? You cannot memorize two digits necessary for remote communication with the largest population in the world? Why are you so dumb, mate?
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    MayCaesar said: 

Let us turn this around: without looking anywhere, tell me the international phone code for China. What, you cannot? 

Why are you so dumb, mate?
    Hello May:

Wow!  Just WOW!

excon
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    jack said:

Hello May:

Wow!  Just WOW!

excon
    What a response! Indeed, how come you are so smart? It is almost unbelievable how deep and insightful your thoughts are... You have managed to produce not one, but two words. Commendable!
    Openminded
  • raisin98raisin98 19 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @jack cuz ur just cool idk
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    raisin98 said:

@jack cuz ur just cool idk
    Hello again, r:

Nahhh...  I'm not cool, and just because I can memorize 652 words doesn't make me smart, either.  The POINT of my post was to suggest that ANYBODY can memorize 652 words, even dumb people... I really thought people would get that.  No, huh?  

My OVERALL objective was to wonder WHY we don't teach civics anymore.   Given the responses I received, apparently nobody cares..  I dunno why.  

Actually, that's not true..  I KNOW why they don't teach civics anymore, and you do too.

excon
  • Ouch!