frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Are angels real?

Debate Information

I've been wondering what anyone thinks about this.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Argument Topic: No I don't think they are.

I think angels are just a made up thing that which teach younger kids about.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster Yes I ten to agree with what your saying there because kids love ferry tails and teaching them about angels do no harm and eventually in the end they grow out of it.
    The only harm I see is when adults crap on about believing in angels and all that other eery ferry stuff. Because there for you can deduce that they haven't grown up.
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    @theinfectedmaster

AGAIN, if one is a Christian, you have to believe in angels because the inspired word of Jesus, as God, stipulates angels exist.
    There're many passages within the primitive Bible where angels exist, and shown below are only a few examples of many!

"For he will command
    his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" (Psalm 91:11).

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Hebrews 13:2)

"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them." (Psalm 34:7)

"Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word!" (Psalm 103:20)

"And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— (Jude 1:6)

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:10)

Furthermore, ALL ANGELS have a MALE gender, no women angels, as it should be since women in the primitive Bible are second class citizens at best!

Chloe
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: I wonder about people who are incurious about whether angels are real.

The attitude of apatheism. Wouldn't you want to know if these creatures existed? Even from just a pure scientific point of view? 

There was a one million dollar paranormal challenge and nobody succeeded. If angels existed, someone would have claimed the million dollars.
  • ChloeChloe 7 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster do you believe that demons exist? 
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 332 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Angels

Two men were discussing their mothers-in-law.
    First man. "I have to say I have no problem with my mother-in-law. She really is an angel to me.
    Second man. "You're lucky, mine is still alive."