frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Gaza-Shima? Should Israel Nuke Gaza?

Debate Information

It is estimated that 140,000 died in Hiroshima.  It may take nukes to completely crush Hamas.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    It will never happen the Gaza Strip is surrounded on two sides by Israeli towns, kibbutzim and moshavim that would also be affected by any nuclear explosion, even a low-yield one. Distances are short. 

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    Argument Topic: Perfect For Use On Gaza

Tactical neutron bombs produce less blast and thermal radiation than conventional nukes.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    No, there is a massive civilian population in Gaza of 2 million nearly half of which are children and Israel has so much more conventional firepower than Hamas that it can easily defeat them on the ground.

This question is essentially: Is genocide okay if it’s convenient for the perpetrator? The answer is a resounding no.
    jack
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Argument Topic: Bully boy tactics rarely work on freedom fighters 

Israel can throw the kitchen sink at them you will not defeat Hamas they learned from the best as in the IRA. A bunch of well trained freedom fighters can create havoc.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: A Possible Tactic

Give Gaza City civilians warning it will be nuked in 72 hours so pack up and leave.

Hiroshima wasn't "genocide."  Why would Gaza-Shima be?
    Argument Topic: "Freedom Fighters" Like ISIS?

Dee said:
    @JulesKorngold

Argument Topic: Bully boy tactics rarely work on freedom fighters 

Israel can throw the kitchen sink at them you will not defeat Hamas they learned from the best as in the IRA. A bunch of well trained freedom fighters can create havoc.
    We'll see very soon how Hamas fares.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Argument topic: Freedom fighters cannot be defeated

Give Gaza City civilians warning it will be nuked in 72 hours so pack up and leave.

Good luck with that, it's not happening either way.

Hiroshima wasn't "genocide."  Why would Gaza-Shima be?

Horoshima was a war crime. Yet you called for the irradiation of Palestine what do you call that?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

We'll see very soon how Hamas fares.

Indeed we shall 
    @Dee
    ISIS was defeated.  Hamas will be too.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

ISIS was defeated. 

No it wasn't.

ISIS remains resilient and has sustained a low-level insurgency in Iraq while conducting targeted attacks in Syria, especially against prisons to release key operatives. It has particularly strengthened in central Syria, demonstrating the ability to stage maneuver forces as part of a multistage campaign

Hamas will be too.

I'm hearing that for years and I see no change in the future.
    @Dee
    ISIS is still active??  What was the latest massacre?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

They're still active 
    Dee said:
    @JulesKorngold

They're still active 
    So you have no evidence for your nonsensical claim.  Typical.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

So you have no evidence for your nonsensical claim.  Typical.

So you have no evidence for your rebuttal .  Typical.  
    Argument Topic: Rebuttal?

@Dee
    My "rebuttal" is:  You have no evidence ISIS is still actively committing massacres.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

It is estimated that 140,000 died in Hiroshima.  It may take nukes to completely crush Hamas.
    Hello Jules:

Yeah, I'm angry too..  But, committing genocide on 2,000,000 innocent civilians ain't something I wanna do.

Now, if you had a Hamas detector, you could separate the murderers from the innocent..  But, we ain't got one of those.

excon
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    @JulesKorngold

My "rebuttal" is:  You have no evidence ISIS is still actively committing massacres.

You really need to pay attention , read my piece again and please attempt to concentrate when doing so, I will grade your efforts  and critique your response as it may be beneficial to you in the future ...Sorry ? ....Oh you're welcome .......
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Hello Jules:

Leave??  There ain't no exits..  Gaza is an open air prison.  They're surrounded.   There are only TWO crossing sites..  The Egyptians control one and Israel controls the other, and ain't nobody getting out..  And, if they could cross, how're you gonna tell who's Hamas and who're innocent civilians??

excon

jack said:

Hello Jules:

Yeah, I'm angry too..  But, committing genocide on 2,000,000 innocent civilians ain't something I wanna do.

Now, if you had a Hamas detector, you could separate the murderers from the innocent..  But, we ain't got one of those.

excon
    Are they really innocent if they voted for and support Hamas?
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    Hello Jules:

excon
    Are they really innocent if they voted for and support Hamas?
    Hello again, Jules:

That is the question, isn't it??  What about the children?  Did they vote for Hamas?  Women don't vote so we don't know who they support.  

I dunno what those number total..  But, you can assume at least half of 'em are women and children..  That'd be around 1,000,000 people..  So, no..  I'm not comfortable murdering that many people. 

excon

Argument Topic: Civilians

50-85 million civilians were killed during WW2.  It's tragic, but it happens in a total war situation. 

It's disgusting, but the military calls it collateral damage. 
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    50-85 million civilians were killed during WW2.  It's tragic, but it happens in a total war situation. 

It's disgusting, but the military calls it collateral damage. 
    Hello Jules:

There are only THREE solutions to this situation - none of them good..  1.  Murder a few million people, 2. occupy them again, or 3.  Negotiate a peace.  Does that mean Israel will have to give back the Palestinian land it appropriated?  Yes, it does.  Are the Israeli's gonna do that?  Nahh.

excon
  • @JulesKorngold

Are you asking me , America, or everyone for permission to use Chemical Weapons?
    Is Gaza Building and storing Chemical weapons to use against Israel?
    Is Gaza like North Korea developing missile guided chemical weapons against the United States of America by name.
    Japan was undertaking though not openly well know designing and experimenting with Chemical weapons prior to the deployment of Big Boy and Fat man. Not the same thing. Just as Iraq designed, threatend, and used chemical weapons on people and imply he would use them on the United States of America and other counties as well.
  • GiantManGiantMan 41 Pts   -  
    No nukes.
    Factfinder