frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Christianity

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 185 Pts   -   edited January 31
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR QUOTE RELATIVE TO ME OUTRIGHT EASILY "OWNING" FACTFINDER'S BIBLE STUPIDITY: "Well...should make for an interesting read. I'll keep an eye out for the bantering. Thank you." 

It will be more than an interesting read when I continue to easily Bible Slap Silly®️ Factfinder in being the number 1 Bible Atheist that this Religion Forum has probably ever seen in its existence!

Furthermore, my easily owning Factfinder's Bible STUPIDITY, is not banter, but instead, it is me using biblical FACT that he had to run away from to try and save what face he has left upon this Religion Forum!  LOL!

When you said "thank you" relative for me to further show how Bible Factfinder truly is, you are most certainly welcome!  

Stay tuned if Factfinder has the audacity to bring forth another misconception of his relative to the Bible!

RickeyHoltsclaw
  • LuskLusk 28 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Remember Me?

@21CenturyIconoclast
    Remember me? The user who gave you no shortage of trouble while I was on this site? If that isn't hint enough for you, my username was Proud2BeCatholic previously. We had a lot of fun insulting each other so I had to come back. Remember how you said I would fail boot camp? Well, here I am, a Private First Class in the Marine Corps. I made it. I am not Catholic anymore, so there wouldn't be much for us to debate, but maybe we can think of something. Let me know.
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Christopher Hitchens makes the case that the worst and most dangerous Bible quote is

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" John 8:7

This is Whataboutism.  “And since nobody is perfect, all criticism is hypocritical and everyone should do whatever they want"

Think about it, Jesus is saying we are all in perfect all criticism is hypocritical and we should all do whatever we want. This is reinforced by the common Christian belief that all you need to do is belief in Jesus to get into Heaven and avoid Hell. No matter how much you sin, Jesus took it all scapegoating on the cross, therefore, you get to heaven.

Since everyone does whatever they want Christianity is ethical egoism or might makes right philosophy.
    Factfinder
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer
    And who exactly are you to criticize? Do you never make mistakes?
    Dreamer
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian ; No, faith is of the will, not physiology. Faith is a product of the mind...it is not a "work."

A product is always from work.

Check your dictionary.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian ;  Ephesians 2:8  "saved through faith"  Faith =
    Strong's Concordance
    pistis: faith, faithfulness
    Original Word: πίστις, εως, ἡ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
    Transliteration: pistis
    Phonetic Spelling: (pis'-tis)
    Definition: faith, faithfulness
    Usage: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.
    HELPS Word-studies

4102 pístis (from 3982/peithô, "persuade, be persuaded") – properly, persuasion (be persuaded, come to trust); faith.

Faith (4102/pistis) is always a gift from God, and never something that can be produced by people. In short, 4102/pistis ("faith") for the believer is "God's divine persuasion" – and therefore distinct from human belief (confidence), yet involving it. The Lord continuously births faith in the yielded believer so they can know what He prefers, i.e. the persuasion of His will (1 Jn 5:4).

[4102 (pistis) in secular antiquity referred to a guarantee (warranty). In Scripture, faith is God's warranty, certifying that the revelation He inbirthed will come to pass (His way).

Faith (4102/pistis) is also used collectively – of all the times God has revealed (given the persuasion of) His will, which includes the full revelation of Scripture (Jude 3). Indeed, God the Lord guarantees that all of this revelation will come to pass! Compare Mt 5:18 with 2 Tim 3:16.]

Ephesians 2:9: "not as a result of works" = Works =
    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Definition: work
    Usage: work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.
    HELPS Word-studies

2041 érgon (from ergō, "to work, accomplish") – a work or worker who accomplishes something. 2041 /érgon ("work") is a deed (action) that carries out (completes) an inner desire (intension, purpose).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
    Word Origin
    from a prim. verb erdó (to do)
    Definition
    work
    NASB Translation
    action (1), behavior (1), deed (13), deeds (52), doing (1), effectual (1), labor (1), result (1), task (1), what...done (1), work (34), works (62).

GnosticChristian
  • PhitePhite 95 Pts   -   edited February 1
    If god is an experiential phenomena, then it seems unlikely that people would be able to identify with one another's experiences. 

Someone says, "Mary is the mother of Jesus, and should be the focus of our worship."  Someone else says, "No, Jesus is the son of God, and should be the focus of worship."  Still another says, "You're both wrong.  Buddha is where it's at."  And then along comes others who say that their holy text proves that God favors their kind more than he favors the rest.  

Before you know it, each person is building a shrine to their favorite version of savior.  And the next thing you know, even the ones who agree on just who is top dog in the realm of saviors will begin to disagree with each other as to the meaning of the words of the text they’ve all chosen to embrace.  Soon after, they choose up sides and the new side begins work on yet another building to serve as a shrine to their particular interpretation of the words of the popular text.

So, after you convince the masses that there's something greater than themselves that they need to pay homage to--someone or something they owe a debt to--there's no way to stop them from choosing sides.

And even among those who believe in the same holy text and the same savior, one says, “I don’t think Paul--or Jesus--meant what you say he meant.”  

And the other guy says, “Yeah, well I was thinking the same thing about your interpretation.”

So the first guy says, “Well, there’s nothing stopping you from going over there and building your own monument to what you think he meant”  

And the second guy says, “I think I will.”  

And the first guy says, “I hope you do.”  

And the second guy says, “I’ll pray that one day you come to see the light.”  

And the first guy says, “Yeah, and I’ll do the same for you.”
    @Phite ; We are all confronted with a myriad of "choices" in our life and it is the wise and prudent who examines the evidence "out there" and comes to a logical and reasonable conclusion.

GnosticChristianFactfinder
    Yeah but when an alleged being doesn't accept responsibility for the flaws in its creations, and then blames the creation, is it really wise to assign a divine nature to it?
    Factfinder
    @Phite Our Creator created all things good in perfection...it is the free will choices of human kind that initiated your perceived "flaws."

GnosticChristian
    I would question the legitimacy of a god who was unaware that a serpent was crawling around the garden where his children were living.  I would further question the legitimacy of that god whom, having failed in its duty as a parent to keep the backyard free of deadly serpents, decides to blame the intrusion on the kids instead.  And if we are to believe that this angel, Satan, was a brilliant being, then this god’s failure is further compounded by the fact that he expected two unsuspecting beings of his own making to not be tricked by such a brilliant being.  Satan versus newbees--like taking candy from a baby

You speak as if you've never thought this through . . .
    Factfinder
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 1
    @Phite ; Again, you rebut without knowledge. Satan was not a literal "serpent" but the Holy Spirit uses that analogy, the attributes of a snake i.e., deception, cunning, ruthless, to describe the attributes of Satan. If you understood the reason why Elohim has created and the Spiritual War in the Kingdom that is causation for the creation of Time and physics, you would understand the meaning and purpose for this very temporary life in Time.

The Holy Spirit provides you, through the prophet Ezekiel, the Spirit interrupts Ezekiel's prophecy to the King of Tyre and explains exactly what Eve observed in Eden and why she was so enamored with Satan and incomprehensible beauty. I have to go town but look forward to bantering with you relevant to this subject.

GnosticChristian
    . . . the attributes of a snake i.e., deception, cunning, ruthless

Anyone reading the story with any critical thinking skills will note that it wasn't the children who were fooled.  It was the god!  It failed to provide a safe environment because it was not aware.

GnosticChristian
  • @Lusk

YOUR QUOTE OF ALLEGEDLY MAKING IT IN THE MARINE.CORP: "Remember how you said I would fail boot camp? Well, here I am, a Private First Class in the Marine Corps. I made it!

Oh yeah, how could I not forget your Bible Stupidity in being a hell bound KathyLickl!  If it is actually true, *cough,* that you are now in the corp, congratulations are in order, praise your Jesus!  

So, you had to return to this Religion Forum again for me to easily Bible Slap you Silly®️ again in front of the membership?

Lusk
    @GnosticChristian ;  Ephesians 2:8  "saved through faith"  Faith =

Logic and reason suffice. Faith is created by a work of the mind.

That is an irrefutable statement. 

If your mind is not creating the faith, then it is God doing it and he, as scriptures say, decides who he will give it too. You have no free choice in the matter.

Trust the bible quotes in the following. It shows how evil Yahweh is. 

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seem to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Factfinder
    @Phite ; We are all confronted with a myriad of "choices" in our life and it is the wise and prudent who examines the evidence "out there" and comes to a logical and reasonable conclusion.

Divine nature.

Do you have a definition on that? 

Divine is an adjective and is a quality that one gives to someone. It cannot legitimately by assigned to ones self.

Divine is a subjective quality and can be quite different to two readers of the same information.

I E. Christians read the bible and end with a good Yahweh while gnostic Christians read the same book and see an evil Yahweh.

If you see a good Yahweh, and not a vile demiurge, you are reading the bible the wrong way. 
    Factfinder
    @Phite Our Creator created all things good in perfection...

Yes, and all the evil as my bible says.

Given that God creates all souls perfect and destined for heaven, says scriptures, what do you tell those foolish enough to, believe in a hell?

God has no need for a hell because he never loses any of his perfect souls, LGBTQ+ and all. Right?

@Phite ; Again, you rebut without knowledge. Satan was not a literal "serpent" but the Holy Spirit uses that analogy, the attributes of a snake i.e., deception, cunning, ruthless, to describe the attributes of Satan. 

If Satan is not a literal character, then neither are the other props. Yahweh himself and the two trees lose their literal aspects.

Your own bible tell you not to add or substract from the story and here you are doing just that, like a dishonest interlocutor.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 2

1) Elohim provides each of us a measure of faith in order to find Him and trust in Him through the Son (John 12:32-43); therefore, all of humanity is "without excuse" if they perish in unbelief (Romans 1:20).

2) Souls are not created perfect...every soul is subject to the Adamic sin-nature (Romans 5:12). The only souls created perfect were Adam's and his wife Eve's prior to their disobedience and that of Messiah Jesus as Jesus was born of the virgin seed and circumvented the sin-nature passed through Adam's genome thereby making Jesus the "Spotless Lamb" that takes away the sins of the World (John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19; 1 John 2:2).

3) We all possess "free will" to choose our loyalty concerning whom we serve and our destiny in Eternity (John 3:16).

4) Elohim does not murder...He is the Author of life...it is His therefore to give and take in accordance with His eschatological will (Job 1:21).

5) Elohim does not negate or ignore my free will choices...to do so would nullify my ability to love Him freely and thereby nullify authentic and reciprocal intimacy and love that He desires (1 John 4:19).

6) Elohim does not create believers and non-believers...we each possess the free will to choose life or death (Deuteronomy 30:19).

7) Jesus' mission was "to destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) and those who are born again by faith in Jesus as their Messiah are endowed with the indwelling Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14) and they too have power over the Devil and carry-on the work of Messiah through the Gospel message.

8) Without faith, it is NOT possible to please Elohim; therefore, the Christian pleases our Heavenly Father by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, and those who trust in Jesus honor the Father's will (Hebrews 11:6; John 6:29).

9) Hell was not created for human kind but for the Devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41); mankind enters Hell by rejecting the pardon from sin offered through faith in Jesus as one's Messiah who died for them (John 3; Revelation 20:11-15).

10) Jesus is the example of "Divine Nature" - perfect in holiness, righteousness, goodness, love, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence. 

11) Having studied the Scriptures, I see a merciful Creator who gave Himself that I could live with Him eternally (John 3; 1 Peter 1:18-19). I see a merciful Creator in battle with an anointed cherub angel and a host of rebellious angels...I see Elohim's victory over the devil while Elohim maintains volitional love with the angelic creation He loves beyond human comprehension.

Finally, you would do well not "gish gallop" the comments...this is a sign of the "coward"...be kind...let's take one topic at a time with one comment per subject...thank you.

@Phite ; You are the one "fooled" by your father. You will suffer a fate similar to his lest you repent and trust in Jesus as your Messiah (John 8:24).

• FactfinderFactfinder 877 Pts   -  

1) Elohim provides each of us a measure of faith in order to find Him and trust in Him through the Son (John 12:32-43); therefore, all of humanity is "without excuse" if they perish in unbelief (Romans 1:20).

2) Souls are not created perfect...every soul is subject to the Adamic sin-nature (Romans 5:12). The only souls created perfect were Adam's and his wife Eve's prior to their disobedience and that of Messiah Jesus as Jesus was born of the virgin seed and circumvented the sin-nature passed through Adam's genome thereby making Jesus the "Spotless Lamb" that takes away the sins of the World (John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19; 1 John 2:2).

3) We all possess "free will" to choose our loyalty concerning whom we serve and our destiny in Eternity (John 3:16).

4) Elohim does not murder...He is the Author of life...it is His therefore to give and take in accordance with His eschatological will (Job 1:21).

5) Elohim does not negate or ignore my free will choices...to do so would nullify my ability to love Him freely and thereby nullify authentic and reciprocal intimacy and love that He desires (1 John 4:19).

6) Elohim does not create believers and non-believers...we each possess the free will to choose life or death (Deuteronomy 30:19).

7) Jesus' mission was "to destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) and those who are born again by faith in Jesus as their Messiah are endowed with the indwelling Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14) and they too have power over the Devil and carry-on the work of Messiah through the Gospel message.

8) Without faith, it is NOT possible to please Elohim; therefore, the Christian pleases our Heavenly Father by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, and those who trust in Jesus honor the Father's will (Hebrews 11:6; John 6:29).

9) Hell was not created for human kind but for the Devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41); mankind enters Hell by rejecting the pardon from sin offered through faith in Jesus as one's Messiah who died for them (John 3; Revelation 20:11-15).

10) Jesus is the example of "Divine Nature" - perfect in holiness, righteousness, goodness, love, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence. 

11) Having studied the Scriptures, I see a merciful Creator who gave Himself that I could live with Him eternally (John 3; 1 Peter 1:18-19). I see a merciful Creator in battle with an anointed cherub angel and a host of rebellious angels...I see Elohim's victory over the devil while Elohim maintains volitional love with the angelic creation He loves beyond human comprehension.

Finally, you would do well not "gish gallop" the comments...this is a sign of the "coward"...be kind...let's take one topic at a time with one comment per subject...thank you.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I did not see 'gish gallop' in @GnosticChristian's comments. Almost everything that gives christians problems in debating their god is what I saw. If it truly were gish gallop then pick what you believe is the weakest point and debunk it. 
    @Factfinder ; You might Google "gish gallop" and find the definition and therefore the reasoning as to why I said what I said?

I did "debunk" notty Christian...do you have a relevant question as well? Can you not vomit on the page and ask ONE question to debate? 
    @Factfinder ; You might Google "gish gallop" and find the definition and therefore the reasoning as to why I said what I said?

I did "debunk" notty Christian...do you have a relevant question as well? Can you not vomit on the page and ask ONE question to debate? 
    Almost everything that gives christians problems in debating their god is what I saw. If it truly were gish gallop then pick what you believe is the weakest point and debunk it. 
    @Factfinder ; AI has deleted my comment... @GnosticChristian offered nothing but "weak points" as he mimics his spiritual father...how about you...do you have a question? You seem to be very interested. 
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; I'm going to watch the news...if you have a question, ask it...you delved into our business and interjected your nonsense...so do you have a question or what?
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; I'm going to watch the news...if you have a question, ask it...you delved into our business and interjected your nonsense...so do you have a question or what?
    What nonsense? That is my question.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; Coming over here in ignorance concerning "gish galloping" stating that you did not see any "gish galloping" in @GnosticChristian two-three page rebuttal to which I responded to all the points he questioned...then suggesting that I only answer the "weakest point" which is subjective as they're all "weak." What business is it of yours lest you have a relevant rebuttal or question?
    @Factfinder ; Well? Question or rebuttal or just an irrelevant interruption?
    @Factfinder ; Coming over here in ignorance concerning "gish galloping" stating that you did not see any "gish galloping" in @GnosticChristian two-three page rebuttal to which I responded to all the points he questioned...then suggesting that I only answer the "weakest point" which is subjective as they're all "weak." What business is it of yours lest you have a relevant rebuttal or question?
    So instead of misusing the term gish gallop answer a concern @GnosticChristian brought up. "If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?" You saying my book says does not address gnostic's question. YOU answer in YOUR words. It is my business because this is a public forum and a debate site. "God did it" don't cut it.
    "responded to all the points he questioned"

I see that I lack the I.Q. to keep up to what I see as a lie, so I will take my leave away from this childish apologetics and look for a bright mind.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 542 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian ;I see that I lack the I.Q. to keep up to what I see as a lie

Well this is where I can help here. I used to have an open topic that was uber popular called the Barnardot Help Desk and I'm thinking of openining it up again owing to popular demand.

What it is in your case is that your lack of IQ is due to what scientists have discovered. Its due to a pacific gene called vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2). There are heaps of confirmed medical papers on it which you can google and confirm that people who gravitate to wierd things such as religion and other spiritual thins are actually born with this gene. And they have found that all of these people have lower IQs than normal people. They actually give a Nick name to this gene. The God gene. So what stands out with all these studies is that religious people have to ignore a hole heap of things about the real world such as science and have to ignore a hole heap of real good novels like Harry Potter and there not allowed to watch things on TV like the Good Guy. 

Then theres all the other stuff they have to keep a way from. So in the end they miss out on education and there IQ suffers in the end.

So I leave it to you to make the right life choice on this matter.

GnosticChristian
    @Factfinder ; Elohim has not denied you faith or the ability to believe...it is your own pride and arrogance and lust of the flesh and your blindness in servitude to Satan that is driving your soul into Hell...not your Creator as He desires that all men be saved and come to a knowledge of the Truth...IT IS YOU, "Factfinder." You receive not because you ask not...

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 2
    @GnosticChristian ; If you can't handle the Truth why try? If you want to debate "Christianity" ... I'm here big boy...let's do this...let's take one of your heresies at a time...I'm here.....don't vomit on the page with your arrogance and spiritual ignorance...

@GnosticChristian ; If you can't handle the Truth why try? If you want to debate "Christianity" ... I'm here big boy...let's do this...let's take one of your heresies at a time...I'm here.....don't vomit on the page with your arrogance and spiritual ignorance...

Nothing quite like insulting a person even before a debate starts.

Thanks for showing your ignorant and childish attitude.

Just in case you are not all total bull , try doing some kind of apologetics for what follows. All immoral Christians run from me and it shows why. 

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None
    of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.

RickeyHoltsclaw
    @GnosticChristian ; You've stated NOTHING of substance but demonically oriented gibberish...do you have a legitimate "premise" for debate...perhaps something that can be articulated with succinctness and clarity? Thank you very much. Rick
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited February 2
    @GnosticChristian ; You've stated NOTHING of substance but demonically oriented gibberish...do you have a legitimate "premise" for debate...perhaps something that can be articulated with succinctness and clarity? Thank you very much. Rick
    I figured you had for brains. Go away hole.
    @GnosticChristian ; Gnostic Coward.
    GnosticChristian
    @GnosticChristian ; Gnostic Coward.
    And yet you can't discredit :Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.
    GnosticChristian
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 185 Pts   -   edited February 4
    @Factfinder

Factfinder, the RUNAWAY Atheist Bible fool,

YOUR PATHETIC QUOTE RELATIVE TO "YOUR PERSONNA" TOWARDS RICKEYHOLTSCLAW!:  "And yet you can't discredit :Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card."

You are disparaging RickeyHoltsclaw when your modus operandi within this forum is now known as you being a RUNAWAY from the true words of Jesus I have easily shown you where you have to be a JEW to follow Jesus the Christ?  I can't count the many posts of mine that you RAN AWAY from in me proving beyond any doubt that YOU WERE TOTALLY A BIBLE  FOOL in front of the membership as we laugh at your embarrassing expense! 

Barring my response FACTS above to your quote, remember when I said I would biblically CORRECT you at your embarrassing expense in front of the membership relative to your BIBLE STUPIDITY? Yes?  Therefore, addressing your unbiblical QUOTE to RickyHoltsclaw is the following:

HEADS UP BIBLE FOOL FACTFINDER; Jesus as God did NOT have to be made evil by pseudo-christians because of the biblical axioms within the Bible showed this EVIL modus operandi of Jesus without question as shown in a few of many passages within the JUDEO-Christian Bible listed below, understood BIBLE FOOL?  

1. The bible God Jesus slays the fruit of the womb of the women in Ephraim, which equals abortion. (Hosea 9:11-16) 

2. God’s inspired word allows a brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife that is “suspected” of adultery, which equals an induced abortion and the killing of innocent life of the fetus. (Numbers 5:11-21) 

3. Jesus as God orders the killing of women that have been with men, which equals aborting of fetus’ of pregnant women. (Numbers 31:17) 

4. Jesus as God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”.  Once again the HEBREW God kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers, which equals ABORTION. (Hosea 13:16) 

5. The HEBREW God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah to be “ripped open”. Hardly a pro-life stance, and allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet some ignorant Christians still claim abortion is wrong? (2 Kings 15:16) 

6. Jesus as God commands the death of helpless “suckling” infants.  This literally means that the children Jesus as God killed were still nursing!!! (1 Samuel 15:3) 

7. Here Jesus as God commands that infants should be “dashed upon the rocks.” (Psalms 137:9) Ever wonder in what that would sound like, maybe a watermelon being thrown hard upon a large rock? 

LISTEN UP BIBLE FACTFINDER: Jesus as God determines who will swim in the sulfur lakes of Hell upon His JEWISH CREATION'S demise, AND NOT pseudo-christians like you mistakingly proffer with an alleged "get out of hell free card," you BIBLE ! 

The verses below without question show who will be thrown into HELL without a "get out of hell free card"  like you stated, BIBLE FOOL!:

1. JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS STATE:  “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

2. "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death" (Revelation 21:8) 

3. “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,” (1 Corinthians 6:9)

4. JESUS STATED: “My friends, don’t be afraid of people. They can kill you, but after that, there is nothing else they can do. God is the one you must fear. Not only can he take your life, but he can throw you into hell. God is certainly the one you should fear!” (Luke 12:4-5)

Now, to save you from further embarrassment in the future, copy and paste the above BIBLICAL AXIOMS for your further use in making you look smarter than you actually are relative to biblical verses that you didn't even know existed in the first place because of your wrongful Bible ignorant quote that you made to RickeyHoltsclaw!  Priceless Bible Stupidity on your part, wipe the egg from your face AGAIN!

NEXT BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED ATHEIST LIKE "FACTFINDER" THAT IS WHO HE PRETENDS TO BE, AS AN ASSUMED BIBLE SCHOLAR OF WHICH HE IS BLATANTLY NOT AS EASILY SHOWN IN THE PAST, AND NOW, WILL BE ...?

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

Rickey,

I am truly sorry that you have to put up with a Bible Atheist named Factfinder, where he assumes that he actually knows the JUDEO-Christian Bible, NOT!  

As easily shown once AGAIN, I have had to easily Bible Slap Silly®️ Factfinder AGAIN at his embarrassing expense in front of the membership in this linked post herewith:  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/173824/#Comment_173824

Don't worry, you and I can continue to show how BIBLE Factfinder truly is in his future lame posts!

RickeyHoltsclaw
    @21CenturyIconoclast @Factfinder has convinced me that he's chosen Hell and is sold-out to the Devil...thanks for trying.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Rickey,

I am truly sorry that you have to put up with a Bible Atheist named Factfinder, where he assumes that he actually knows the JUDEO-Christian Bible, NOT!  

As easily shown once AGAIN, I have had to easily Bible Slap Silly®️ Factfinder AGAIN at his embarrassing expense in front of the membership in this linked post herewith:  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/173824/#Comment_173824

Don't worry, you and I can continue to show how BIBLE Factfinder truly is in his future lame posts!

Ricky believes there are there are gentile christians, his book says so. What does 'anyone' mean? Paul was an apostle to who? GENTILES

Ricky: Factfinder  Elohim has not denied you faith or the ability to believe...

Now defend this nonsense. Stop runningBiblically, the ONLY people that can be Christians are HEBREWS, period! You biblical ignorance don't count. Go...

21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? 25 As indeed he says in Hosea,

“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
        and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’”
    26 “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
        there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel[c] be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, 28 for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.” 29 And as Isaiah predicted,

“If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring,
        we would have been like Sodom
        and become like Gomorrah.”  Romans 9 (ESV)

Acts 15, The Jerusalem Council (ESV)

6 The apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider this matter. 7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us, 9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith. 10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.”

12 And all the assembly fell silent, and they listened to Barnabas and Paul as they related what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13 After they finished speaking, James replied, “Brothers, listen to me. 14 Simeon has related how God first visited the Gentiles, to take from them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written,

16 “‘After this I will return,
    and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen;
    I will rebuild its ruins,
         and I will restore it,
    17 that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord,
        and all the Gentiles who are called by my name,
         says the Lord, who makes these things 18 known from of old.’

19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God, 20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood. 21 For from ancient generations Moses has had in every city those who proclaim him, for he is read every Sabbath in the synagogues.”

Romans 9,

And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: ‘Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved [notice the point: only some from Israel are saved], 28 for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.’ 29 And as Isaiah predicted, ‘If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring [note the point again: God is the one who sovereignly "calls" or "leaves" a remnant], we would have been like Sodom and become like Gomorrah.’

So the point of the paragraph is that God creates his people by calling "not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles." In both cases it is a surprise. The Jews thought they were all included because they were Jews, and the Gentiles thought they were not included because they were Gentiles. God is gathering a redeemed people in a way that will stop the mouth of all presumption and will give hope to the most despairing.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I know. Once again it's 21century that doesn't thank your book means it when those verses come up.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 5
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I know. Once again it's 21century that doesn't thank your book means it when those verses come up.

With all due respect @Factfinder , the word of Elohim is timeless and therefore NOT subject to man or history...the word of Elohim will never fade away and it will be your judge at your adjudication before Jesus our Messiah (Revelation 20:11-15). It is not wise to discount or disparage the Scriptures due their age.

Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

With all due respect @Factfinder , the word of Elohim is timeless and therefore NOT subject to man or history...the word of Elohim will never fade away and it will be your judge at your adjudication before Jesus our Messiah (Revelation 20:11-15). It is not wise to discount or disparage the Scriptures due their age.

Why are you preaching to me. This has nothing at all to do with what I said. Are you capable of following a discussion?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 5
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Why are you preaching to me. This has nothing at all to do with what I said. Are you capable of following a discussion?

No @Factfinder ... if you were capable of honest discernment, you would see that my response was relevant to your fallacy of suggesting the Canon of Scripture is irrelevant due to its age and your ridiculous assumption that the intelligentsia of the 21st-Century is superior to our omnipotent - omniscient - preexistent Creator; of course, this is only atheistic nonsense vomited out of context in a debate titled "Christianity" which makes one wonder why an atheist would contribute to a Christian topic seeing that they have no relevant knowledge on the subject at hand or they reject what knowledge they possess.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

No @Factfinder ... if you were capable of honest discernment, you would see that my response was relevant to your fallacy of suggesting the Canon of Scripture is irrelevant due to its age and your ridiculous assumption that the intelligentsia of the 21st-Century is superior to our omnipotent - omniscient - preexistent Creator; of course, this is only atheistic nonsense vomited out of context in a debate titled "Christianity" which makes one wonder why an atheist would contribute to a Christian topic seeing that they have no relevant knowledge on the subject at hand or they reject what knowledge they possess.

Do you believe biblically only hebrews can be christians?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ;  No, I do not believe that only "hebrews can be christians;" in fact, the Holy Spirit is very clear that only a remnant of Jews/Israelite's will escape the "second death" in Hell due their unbelief - rejection of Yeshua as Messiah (Isaiah 10:22; Romans 9:27); furthermore, the Holy Spirit is clear that the Gentile has always been the subject of Elohim's grace and mercy; this, from Adam forward as untold numbers of Gentiles have found "righteousness" (a right standing) with Elohim via "faith" (Hebrews 11); this, thousands of years before the birth of Jacob and the twelve Tribes... and the Holy Spirit expounds upon this truism in Hosea, Romans, Acts and The Revelation. Also, "Hebrews" suggests "one who has crossed over" and Abraham, a Gentile, is a Hebrew as well...I can only assume your usage of "Hebrew" is in the context of Jacob's children i.e. Jew/Israelite?

@RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ;  No, I do not believe that only "hebrews can be christians;" in fact, the Holy Spirit is very clear that only a remnant of Jews/Israelite's will escape the "second death" in Hell due their unbelief - rejection of Yeshua as Messiah (Isaiah 10:22; Romans 9:27); furthermore, the Holy Spirit is clear that the Gentile has always been the subject of Elohim's grace and mercy; this, from Adam forward as untold numbers of Gentiles have found "righteousness" (a right standing) with Elohim via "faith" (Hebrews 11); this, thousands of years before the birth of Jacob and the twelve Tribes... and the Holy Spirit expounds upon this truism in Hosea, Romans, Acts and The Revelation. Also, "Hebrews" suggests "one who has crossed over" and Abraham, a Gentile, is a Hebrew as well...I can only assume your usage of "Hebrew" is in the context of Jacob's children i.e. Jew/Israelite?

Okay. That's what I thought but you keep attacking me as if I disagree. I agree with you, the bible does include gentiles as christians if they believe. It is 21century  that disagrees with you on that. HE thinks only hebrews can be christians. Not me
    RickeyHoltsclaw