frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are poultry farm factory workers treated well?

Debate Information

"instead, they're being feared into wearing diapers to avoid losing their jobs, while working in unsanitary, unsafe conditions.

Oxfam America's recently released report, "No Relief," and Debbie Berkowitz's inside look at factory conditions for Quartz reveals one major consistent factor in the industry for workers: They're not allowed to take a bathroom break."

https://news.yahoo.com/news/poultry-factory-workers-wear-diapers-130100493.html

Doesn't seem to yuck.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Are animals under the " care" of poultry farm workers treated well?
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    @Dreamer well you have to take in to account that these workers are nearly at the bottom of the working ladder so you have to expect that they are going to nearly have the worst conditions. 

What about those guys in India who have to go into those shite pits every day and dive down to unclog all the hair and tampaxes in the pipes. I suppose that one thing they don’t have to worry about is taking toilet brakes because it’s one of the perks of the job.
    just_sayin
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    Barnardot said:
    @Dreamer well you have to take in to account that these workers are nearly at the bottom of the working ladder so you have to expect that they are going to nearly have the worst conditions. 

What about those guys in India who have to go into those shite pits every day and dive down to unclog all the hair and tampaxes in the pipes. I suppose that one thing they don’t have to worry about is taking toilet brakes because it’s one of the perks of the job.
    I can think of worse jobs than chicken workers - such as coal miners, crime scene cleaner, septic workers, etc.  That said, it does seem like the work is very hard, the hours are long, and the pay is very little overall.  Because there are not regular inspections, about 40% of the workers are believed to be illegal laborers.  The businesses take advantage of the workers.  For many it is their first job in the US.  That's why the turn over rate is incredibly high.  After a short time, they learn there are easier ways to earn money.  Illegal laborer not only keeps wages low for those who have entered the country unlawfully, it keeps the wages low for legal workers.  With an abundance of illegal labor, legal laborers do not have any negotiating power.  
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  

Hmmm, where are you getting the 40% number for undocumented workers? Probably better to start a separate topic discussing undocumented workers and the effects on the economy.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin ;about 40% of the workers are believed to be illegal laborers. 

Are believed to be are they? Believed by who? And more honest than taking the word immigrant and turning it in to illegal immigrants.

I suppose its more accurate than saying that a company actually does hire illegal immigrants and ex prisoners. 

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Dreamer said:

Hmmm, where are you getting the 40% number for undocumented workers? Probably better to start a separate topic discussing undocumented workers and the effects on the economy.
    The Environmental Law and Education Center made the claim.  40% is nation wide, with some states being closer to 60%.  Human Rights watch has slightly higher percentages of illegal labor statistics and government websites puts the percentage between 15-25%.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

JUST SAYINS MUM HAS STARTED A NEW FAMILY BUSINESS ......CONGRATS BUDDY 

"“It’s ironic – it’s illegal for them to work, but they’re working for the immigration service in a sense. ... I don’t have any problem with it in principle. The question is: Is it run well?” – CIS executive director Mark Krikorian on private detention centers with “volunteer” work programs that pay undocumented immigrants $1 to $3 a day for cleaning, cooking and other jobs, 2015"

Apparently its okay for immigrants to work legally for $1 a day when a bottle of water costs $2.
    Dreamer said:

"“It’s ironic – it’s illegal for them to work, but they’re working for the immigration service in a sense. ... I don’t have any problem with it in principle. The question is: Is it run well?” – CIS executive director Mark Krikorian on private detention centers with “volunteer” work programs that pay undocumented immigrants $1 to $3 a day for cleaning, cooking and other jobs, 2015"

Apparently its okay for immigrants to work legally for $1 a day when a bottle of water costs $2.
    And how does it affect your support of Joe Biden, whose administration permits this?  
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    Dreamer said:

Are poultry farm factory workers treated well?

Hello Dreamer:

Nahhh...  Like any non unionized worker, they're f***kd over daily.   Duh!!

excon

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

JUST SAYIN DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST ..........  " HITTING" ON KIDS ITS A CHRISTIAN THING......

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    This is the danger of living in ethnic immigrant communities versus going out there and integrating in the society. I see it all the time: I live in a neighborhood in the DC area that is predominantly (70+%) populated by recent immigrants from Latin America. Many of them do not speak English, and large vans go around collecting people and driving them to factories where their Spanish-speaking bosses have them work for next to nothing. This is essentially a mafia community, and with mafia it is always the same: you start playing with it - it will not let you go.

The best thing these people can do is hop on a bus, go elsewhere, far away from this place, preferably to a different state - and start a new life. Find a job at some local supermarket, learn English, study and practice higher-level skills, find non-Latin-American friends... Get out of that black hole as soon as you can and never look back.

Just like with many African-American communities wailing in self-pity, or with some of the older Chinatowns, you cannot live in a large community full of illegal Spanish-speaking immigrants and do well: these environments are cancerous and will devour your soul. Get out. These may be your compatriots, but they are not your friends, they are not on your side, and most of them will sell you for a bottle of beer. They are not bad people, but they exist in a bad environment and cannot help but treat each other like this.

You mean like the factory you mentioned that my family owns with 3 others and hires illegal immigrants and ex prisoners. And that you did your through research and found out what the chain is called and hired a private detective to track all 150 employees and check their statuses. And then found that the company does hire illegal immigrants and ex prisoners and then announces it on a public platform.Is that what you mean?

I don't know if Biden does, the article was from 2015, before he was elected. Remember there is a lot of inertia in the system and pinning an issue on any particular president is difficult.

Argument Topic: Up Date

@just_sayin Oh and buy the way. After changing the gaol posts like liers all ways do. Did that real honest responsible and truthful news web site that doesn’t change its site address and isn’t exstream re tract the article about kids getting their heads chopped off. Because of course after you changed the gaol posts last time you were going to re tract your statement that every one else accepts as a total made up peace of crap. Oh and more importantly are you going to answer?
    Barnardot said:
    @just_sayin Oh and buy the way. After changing the gaol posts like liers all ways do. Did that real honest responsible and truthful news web site that doesn’t change its site address and isn’t exstream re tract the article about kids getting their heads chopped off. Because of course after you changed the gaol posts last time you were going to re tract your statement that every one else accepts as a total made up peace of crap. Oh and more importantly are you going to answer?
    The evidence that babies were decapitated by Hamas has been verified.  I've already posted eyewitness accounts from the IDF and coroner.  Here are more from other eye witnesses:

And another:

and another:

https://themedialine.org/top-stories/evidence-on-display-at-israels-forensic-pathology-center-confirms-hamas-atrocities/
    Kugel also explained that the age range of the victims spans from 3 months to 80 or 90 years old. Many bodies, including those of babies, are without heads.
    Asked if they were decapitated, Kugel answered yes. Although he admits that, given the circumstances, it’s difficult to ascertain whether they were decapitated before or after death, as well as how they were beheaded, “whether cut off by knife or blown off by RPG,” he explained.

Are you going to claim that I took over X and another news agency's website also?  Denial is not just a river in Egypt my friend.  

Barnardot said:

You mean like the factory you mentioned that my family owns with 3 others and hires illegal immigrants and ex prisoners. And that you did your through research and found out what the chain is called and hired a private detective to track all 150 employees and check their statuses. And then found that the company does hire illegal immigrants and ex prisoners and then announces it on a public platform.Is that what you mean?

Your family owns Crider Inc?  The research, I assume, was done by the Migration Policy Institute and the Human Rights Watch.  Your company should use e-verify to protect itself.  Illegal workers will still get around it, just ask Tyson's how they do it, but it will give your company legal protections.