frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A GOP three-some - really!

Debate Information

Hello:

Wow..  Looky here.. 

Christian Ziegler, the Chairman of the Florida GOP, has been accused of committing sexual violence against a woman who was in a longstanding, consensual sexual relationship with him AND his wife.  And the wife, Bridget Ziegler, is the co-founder of Moms For Liberty, an organization that treats LGBTQ people, especially Trans people, like they are sexual predators. They were in a bisexual threesome relationship and the husband is accused of being a sexual predator.

That's gotta be a libtard lie, right??

https://flcga.org/florida-gop-chair-christian-ziegler-husband-of-a-moms-for-liberty-cofounder-accused-of-battery-by-alleged-menage-a-trois-lover/

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    jack said:
    Hello:

Wow..  Looky here.. 

Christian Ziegler, the Chairman of the Florida GOP, has been accused of committing sexual violence against a woman who was in a longstanding, consensual sexual relationship with him AND his wife.  And the wife, Bridget Ziegler, is the co-founder of Moms For Liberty, an organization that treats LGBTQ people, especially Trans people, like they are sexual predators. They were in a bisexual threesome relationship and the husband is accused of being a sexual predator.

That's gotta be a libtard lie, right??

https://flcga.org/florida-gop-chair-christian-ziegler-husband-of-a-moms-for-liberty-cofounder-accused-of-battery-by-alleged-menage-a-trois-lover/

excon

It is unfair to say that moms for liberty hate LGBT+ people.  They have primarily been focused on parental rights at schools.  One issue is asking for books with inappropriate sexual content to be removed from schools.  The most commonly opposed book has been Gender Queer for the last 2 years.  It has anime style drawings of a minor who is gender questioning.  The opposition has not been primarily focused on the sexual orientation of the character but of explicit sexual images throughout the book and of a strong pro-pedophilia message within it.  There are several images that are inappropriate..  In one the main character is comparing his fantasy of getting a BJ with the reality of wearing a wooden phallus and getting one.  In another, the main character is fantasying about a naked man who is stimulating the 'manhood' of an unclothed boy who is not yet a man.  

Now most people agree with moms for liberty that the images are not appropriate for grade school libraries, but you seem to be disagreeing.  Can you explain how these images are appropriate?  

It seems to me that some people have falsely characterized Moms For Liberty because they were spotlighting the anti-parent and pro-explicit images and messages of some books in public schools.  
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

They have primarily been focused on parental rights at schools.  One issue is asking for books with inappropriate sexual content to be removed from schools.

It seems to me that some people have falsely characterized Moms For Liberty because they were spotlighting the anti-parent and pro-explicit images and messages of some books in public schools.  
    Hello just:

I'm not offended by their politics or their sexual preferences.  I'm offended by their hypocrisy.  It's a perfect example of freedom for me, but not for thee. 

You knew that, right? 

excon

Openminded
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @jack
    I just think it is unjust to make false insinuations about Moms For Liberty.  Suppose that there is a politically motivated public school librarian who wants to spotlight a book about someone's journey of discovering their 'sexual identity'.  The book checks all the LGBT+ political checkboxes.

The book does talk about his sexual identity issues, but there are some objectionable parts that have sexually explicit content, such as the author describing his prison sexual encounters.  The left will overlook the sexually explicit content and when Moms For Liberty shines a spotlight on it, the left will simply deflect by saying the Moms For Liberty are prudes and just want to ban books.  

One could argue that there is 'merit' in knowing all the things that can go in a prison wallet.  Yet, it does seem that the content is not appropriate for the age group.

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    There have been no charges filed in the case and the Trident is unaware whether the woman’s allegations have been substantiated.
    Sounds like a non-story to me. A woman filed a complaint and the police is conducting an investigation, and that is all that is known at the moment. Not sure what the fact that a threesome took place has to do with anything. Moms for Liberty, from what I can gather, advocates against certain elements of the school curriculum (which I am also against: kids should not be taught ideological nonsense in public-funded schools), not against any kind of private sexual affairs.

This is what happens when you stop thinking and start reacting to your tribe's latest games. Your perceived reality becomes warped, where every time someone you are supposed to hate sneezes, they are demonstrating how terribly evil they are - and every time someone you are supposed to love does something unforgivable, you say, "Eh, the evil ones do that too, so what is the big deal?"