frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should sex segregated schools be abolished?

Debate Information

The reason I'm asking this question is because I know that there are rare biological sexes other than male and female that exist.
  1. Live Poll

Should sex segregated schools he abolished?

1 vote
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Argument Topic: There is no reason why we need them, so yes.

I feel like we should get rid of sex segregated schools because they're harmful for intersex as well as other rare biological sexes that exist. Yes there are more than 2 biological sexes that exist. Any sex segregated thing implies that there are only 2 biological sexes. There are people who don't even have a biological sex either because they were born without sexual anatomy, meaning that they won't go through puberty, so sex segregated schools even discriminates against those kinds of people, too. I'm curious to know, too why sex segregated schools aren't illegal if race segregated schools are.
    Dreamer
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

There's me thinking that we send kids to school to learn but it seems now the bigger thing is  its discrimination if parents send their kids to sex segregated schools.,dear oh dear.

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Tough question. Cis gender males are the most likely to rape and there is an argument for woman only safe heavens for survivors of rape.

There is also something for avoiding white gaze by having an all Black club. The same could be said with a woman's only school to avoid male gaze. If you read Critical Race Theory you will see their is conflict between individual Black family who want segregation to avoid white gaze and NAACP who wants integration. Very interesting.

Basically, if a dominant group makes a club/school for the dominant group only this is exclusion. If a disenfranchised demographic performs the same action this is avoiding gaze and safe safe zone.

A woman's only school is not the same as Harvard only allowing males.

I think the answer is ambiguous, a work in progress, and MAGA will exploit this.
    theinfectedmaster
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer

Cis gender males 

Dear sweet divine Jesus the world is gone mad ......"Cis gender" ........ROFLMAO

There is also something for avoiding white gaze 

"White gaze"  ...... ..........

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    I feel like we should get rid of sex segregated schools because they're harmful for intersex as well as other rare biological sexes that exist. Yes there are more than 2 biological sexes that exist. Any sex segregated thing implies that there are only 2 biological sexes. There are people who don't even have a biological sex either because they were born without sexual anatomy, meaning that they won't go through puberty, so sex segregated schools even discriminates against those kinds of people, too. I'm curious to know, too why sex segregated schools aren't illegal if race segregated schools are.
    I disagree.  Instead I recognize that  girls do indeed do far better academically, socially and emotionally at single-sex schools.  Why would someone want to ensure that an entire sex would perform worse in academic settings?  To quote the article I linked to:

The Researchers found that these graduates were more likely to have higher levels of science self-confidence, consider themselves critical thinkers, score higher on measures of academic habits of mind and demonstrate stronger study habits than girls from co-ed schools.

Interestingly, all-girls’ school grads are also more likely to be involved in volunteering and community activities, take part in political activities, and be supportive of societal improvements...

"It’s promising to see yet another piece of research confirm that girls’ schools are leading the way when it comes to closing the gender gap in STEM.”

Did you even consider the negative impact to women with your plan?

theinfectedmaster