frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

What Is The Perfect Murder?

Debate Information

This is almost impossible to do because nower days there is so much technology a round and detection techniques that are at a totally new level. 
So I challenge any one to come up with the perfect murder and I bet I can bust it.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Spread disinformation about climate change, GMOs, tobacco, covid-19 minimization, vaccines, dog whistle bigotry, and the link between cancer and alcohol. All of this is completely legal.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    Legalize murder. Like what's done with abortion. It just depends who you want to kill.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    I think that the perfect murder involved one ex Playboy bunny, 23 year old Anna Nicole Smith (38-24-36} who married Texas oil Billionaire, 84 year old  Howard Thurston 111.    Six months after the marriage, he died.  
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer ;Spread disinformation about climate change, GMOs, tobacco, covid-19 minimization, vaccines, dog whistle bigotry, and the link between cancer and alcohol. All of this is completely legal.

It still doesnt mean that they wont find you guilty of murder.

Debunked.

Next.

@Factfinder ;Legalize murder. Like what's done with abortion. It just depends who you want to kill.

Weather or not murder is legal it doesnt mean that you are not going to get court doing it.

Debunked.

Next.

@Bogan ;Six months after the marriage, he died.  

Yes but he died of stomach cancer and you would have to be pulling on a real long bow or your self to make that out as being murder. Or more likely just having half a brian.

Debunked.

Next.

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -   edited January 27

True, murder by definition is an illegal act. I think many genocides have been done completely legally, Armenian genocide denial The key to the perfect murder in my opinion is to control the law. Also do it at a mass scale, if you kill one person your a murder kill a million and its a statistic. Also, if a court convict is all that matters, just intimidate the jury or witnesses organized crime does that all the time and commits the perfect murder.

Barnardot said:
    @Factfinder ;Legalize murder. Like what's done with abortion. It just depends who you want to kill.

Weather or not murder is legal it doesnt mean that you are not going to get court doing it.

Debunked.

Next.

When it's legalized what's there to get "caught" at?

Debunked

Next
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited January 27
    @Factfinder ;When it's legalized what's there to get "caught" at?

Derr let me think about that one like you might have won. Um er. Oh yes . Murder. Thats what youll get court at weather or not its legal. And well yes it might become legal and at the same time flying pigs will fly past your window. Few. I really had to dig deep for that. Nice try but.

Debunked.

Next.

@Dreamer ;just intimidate the jury or witnesses organized crime does that all the time and commits the perfect murder.

Okay you win that one I reckon. And you know what? it does go on. Remember when they tried to nail Al Capone absolutely no one was going to testify against him other wise thats the last thing he she and there family would do.

And lets face it. If any one is going to kill then hes got nothing to lose so he can use every dirty trick in the book. Its quiet scarry really.

Dreamer
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  
    About ten years ago, a friend and I came up with what we thought would be the perfect murder of a guy named Jake.

I will make my way across the two cornfields, arriving across the road from Jake's house just after sunset. I will wait in the ditch until darkness is full. When there are no cars coming from either direction, I will leave the ditch, cross the road, walk up his driveway, and knock on his door.  When he answers, I will shoot him. I will then cross the road, walk back across the cornfields to the first crossroad and will hide in the ditch at the intersection. Being Sunday night on a dirt road, the likelihood of others being out and about will be nil.  In the event that my tracks are seen later, I will be wearing a pair of shoes purchased by a friend from a distant Good Will store.  The shoes will be two sizes larger than my actual shoe size, and I will be wearing a backpack with twenty pounds of sand inside it so that the police will be looking for a bigger and heavier man.

You will be down the road one half mile parked in the driveway of the cornfield there. From that location, you will be able to see the intersection where I will be down in the ditch. I will then flash you with my flashlight once. When you see it, you will pull out of the cornfield driveway and drive to the intersection where I will be waiting. When you stop at the stop sign, you will pop your trunk, and I will come out of the ditch and get inside, closing it behind me. You will then drive me to the driveway of the state land which is one half mile from my house. After I get out of the trunk, you will drive back home, and I will walk through the woods to my house.

When I get home, I will turn off my house lights and go right to the closet where my portable television has been recording the new and never before seen episodes of my favorite sitcoms for the last hour and a half. I will watch all three sitcoms, after which I will put the portable television, the recorder, the shoes, and the sand-filled backpack in a nylon grain-sack and carry it out to my pond where I will throw it into the deep end. In this way, if the police ever suspect me, my neighbors will attest to the fact that my lights were on until I turned them off to go to bed. And I will be able to tell the police that I was watching my sitcoms up until my bedtime.  They will test me by asking me what shows I watched, and what they were about.  I will be able to tell them what jokes were said and even the commercials that played during the shows.

I will have the perfect alibi because the police will ask Jake's neighbors if they heard any gunshots. Of course, the neighbors will say that they heard a gunshot at a certain time. And at that time, I was obviously home watching the brand new episodes of my sitcoms since I can recite the jokes and even recall what commercials played. And even in the unlikely event that they suspect that I might have recorded the shows, I will have no recorder in the house, and the old portable television set and recorder I use will have been bought at a garage sale a couple counties away, and will be at the bottom of my pond anyway.  However, since I have never even met Jake, I will not be a suspect.

As you can see, I have covered all the bases in coming up with this plan, and there is no risk of me getting caught or found out.  There is also no risk to yourself, as you will be nowhere near the crime scene before, during, or after the shooting.  You must decide whether or not you are willing to commit to your part in this affair.  You will let me know by noon Friday.  I will arrive at the Walmart parking lot and will be parked in a location where I can see everyone who walks in.  I will arrive at 11:00am, and if I see you entering the store before noon, then I will know that you are committed, and we will be on for Sunday night.  May God be with us . . .
    @Phite well  okay you planned it all but I can see a few holes there. To start with the police won’t accept your alibi because they need it to be veryfied by some one else. It’s no big deal to record or watch catch up TV nower days and the police will here alarm bells when you start reciting what you saw on TV and suspect that you are staging the hole thing.. 
    And the reason why there quizzing you is the biggest thing about any murder. And that is motive. You haven’t concockted a motive to pin on some one else so I reckon that the cops will be all over you like a rash.
    Debunked
    Next.
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

All of the precautions, including how to fool the police, are only in place for IF the police suspected me.  You forget that I've never met Jake.  I have no connection to him at all.  Doing it for a friend.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: What is the perfect murder

Hello B:

When the cops murder someone, and don't get charged, that would be the perfect murder..  And, it goes on ALL the time.  The killing of Eric Garner is a perfect example.

excon

@Phite

You elicited the help of someone else. That will be exploited during the course of the investigation and will be a liability. Partners are only loyal till their arse is on the line.
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

Quite right.

Addendum: On the next night, I will make my way to my partner's house, arriving across the road from his house just after sunset . . .  :)