frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Why does man imagine a vain thing against Elohim by seeking to discredit His Canon of Scripture?

Debate Information

I believe in the sovereignty and omnipotence of my Lord, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit who Authored the Scriptures. I believe with all my heart that the words before me in the Canon of Scripture are the exact words, the exact message, that He desires I have so that I can know Him personally; love Him intimately; live with Him eternally. 

I am not concerned about what you or anyone else considers "changes" as the message, the theme, is immutable and consistent and Truth. You can obfuscate, you can deny, you can scoff, you can insult, but the eternal message of the Scriptures will not change; you are a sinner in need of an Intercessor; therefore, if you desire eternal life once your body of decaying flesh dies away, Jesus Christ is the only Way to find forgiveness of sin through His blood atonement provided you at Golgotha some 2000-years ago. If you deny Jesus, He will deny you and you will die the "second death" in Hell "without excuse."

Factfinder

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Lucky

@RickeyHoltsclaw
    You're very lucky aarong tolerates brainwashed evangelical MAGAmaniac trolls.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ;  You're luck a Christian is willing to enter this dungeon occupied by a hoard of atheists headed to death in Hell.

Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ;  You're luck a Christian is willing to enter this dungeon occupied by a hoard of atheists headed to death in Hell.

It's always funny how a person of low intellect looks up when they try to talk down to people. Your sky fairy must be so proud. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw

It's always funny how a person of low intellect looks up when they try to talk down to people. Your sky fairy must be so proud. 

Your comment is irrelevant concerning the debate topic...can you please stay on topic, thank you?
    Factfinder

Your comment is irrelevant concerning the debate topic...can you please stay on topic, thank you?
    What debate topic? You preached your foolish beliefs and talked down to people.
    RickeyHoltsclaw

The topic of debate is why do men seek to disparage the Scriptures that are provided humanity by the Holy Spirit...what is the motive of the one who disparages the Canon of Scripture? Your response is not only rude and unfounded, a personal opinion, but it's unresponsive, irrelevant, to the debate subject...please stay on topic? Thank you @Factfinder

The topic of debate is why do men seek to disparage the Scriptures that are provided humanity by the Holy Spirit...what is the motive of the one who disparages the Canon of Scripture? Your response is not only rude and unfounded, a personal opinion, but it's unresponsive, irrelevant, to the debate subject...please stay on topic? Thank you @Factfinder
    I'm on topic and on target. Your baseless opinion about why intelligent people disparage the scriptures is just wrong. And you talk down to people. STAY ON TOPIC. Scriptures conflict with reality. That's why they're rejected.

I'm on topic and on target. Your baseless opinion about why intelligent people disparage the scriptures is just wrong. And you talk down to people. STAY ON TOPIC. Scriptures conflict with reality. That's why they're rejected.

That is an interesting position but I disagree that those who disparage the Scriptures are "intelligent" as they have no proof that the Scriptures are not true and factual and the word of our Creator but they "-u-me" that the Canon is irrelevant because they don't believe it; therefore, seeing that there is no evidence that negates the veracity of the Canon but there is a plethora of eschatological evidence that the Canon is both accurate and inspired by Elohim, it is the antithesis of intelligence or logic or wisdom or discernment to deny what you don't know or can't prove simply because of your prejudice or irrational hate and fear. The Scriptures speak clearly relevant to the "reality" of mankind and his plight in a fallen World and the hope of life offered by Elohim through Jesus Christ; of course, the relevance is contingent upon one's faith and belief. 

Factfinder