frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Torah Law v. Spiritual Fruit? What is relevant in the New Covenant INRE to law & obedience?

Debate Information

Torah Law v. Spiritual Fruit? What is relevant in the New Covenant concerning law and obedience?

Jesus preached "fruit" (Matthew 7:15-20; John 15) as obedience to His commandments and Jesus told us that the Father is honored by the fruit produced through the Spirit via those who love Him and have trusted in Him for salvation by faith (John 15:8). Jesus said that those who produce much fruit honor the Father and this fruit honors all commandments, both those of His New Covenant Ministry and those etched in stone on Sinai.

8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. 17 These things I command you, so that you will love one another. John 15 (ESV)

When one is born again by faith in Jesus (John 3), they receive the indwelling Holy Spirit via New Covenant promise (Ezekiel 36:27) as the Holy Spirit is the Guarantor and Seal of New Covenant relationship with the Father (Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30).

It is the indwelling Holy Spirit, during daily sanctification in the New Covenant (Galatians 5:16), that employs the spiritual law written upon the human heart (Romans 2:14-15; Hebrews 10:16; 2 Corinthians 3:3; Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 11:19) and mates that spiritual law with the redeemed conscience of the "new creation" in Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17) and the Spirit produces divine fruit through the faithful in Jesus and this fruit fulfills all law, codified/Sinai and Spiritual (Galatians 5:16:23).

This New Covenant promise has NOTHING to do with Torah or Torah Law other than the fulfillment of New Covenant eschatology expressed through the prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the fulfillment of all the Levitical blood sacrifices foreshadowed, but the spiritual law, the new creation (redeemed conscience), the Spirit producing divine fruit through the redeemed, are unique divine elements of the New Covenant and the Gospel of Grace actuated by faith in Jesus as Messiah and the blood He shed as atonement for our sin on Mount Golgotha (Matthew 26:28). The New Covenant’s fruit is NOT a reiteration of the Old Covenant’s Torah (2 Corinthians 3).

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -  
    So does this mean gentiles can be saved? Was it always the plan that gentiles be saved as well as jews?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    So does this mean gentiles can be saved? Was it always the plan that gentiles be saved as well as jews?

@Factfinder ; As we have discussed in the recent past...yes.

• FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Ok, just checking.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Ok, just checking.

Nice to know.

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Ricky go read the End of Faith.

Lies, lies, and more lies by Christians against Jews. I wondered why on Earth people would be anti-Semitic. Did they spontaneously start hating Jews? As in a person walking down the street making spewing hateful slurs.  Was it a mistake as in misinformation?

No, it was purposeful hate campaign, disinformation, and conspiracy theories that exploited people's Christian beliefs and superstitions is why people were anti-Semitic in the past and the same with the present.
    Dreamer said:
    Ricky go read the End of Faith.

Lies, lies, and more lies by Christians against Jews. I wondered why on Earth people would be anti-Semitic. Did they spontaneously start hating Jews? As in a person walking down the street making spewing hateful slurs.  Was it a mistake as in misinformation?

No, it was purposeful hate campaign, disinformation, and conspiracy theories that exploited people's Christian beliefs and superstitions is why people were anti-Semitic in the past and the same with the present.

@Dreamer ;   

1) There is no end to my faith...it is eternal in Jesus.

2) Christians don't lie about Jews...what are you talking about? Why do you lie so easily?

3) I'm not Antisemitic ... try again.