frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Hebrew Roots and Christianity - Compatibility?

Debate Information

Is the Hebrew Roots Movement permissible in the New Covenant? Are they compatible?

Hebrew Roots is certainly a permissible movement if the participant does not pursue days, diets, traditions, in a manner that "supplements" or "completes" FAITH as the divine, eternal, element of salvation.

If one chooses to consume only kosher meats and observes a Sabbath and festivals and traditions in order to honor Torah...that is beautiful and certainly acceptable in the New Covenant, but in the life of the Christian, there is NO obligation to honor Torah's edicts, its traditions, its days and diets as these things foreshadowed the Messiah but Messiah has come (Colossians 2:16; Romans 14) and we are free to eat or refrain according to our own conscience via the indwelling Holy Spirit and we're free to choose whatever day or everyday to honor our Lord; therefore, in the New Covenant, it's NOT about what we DO but in Whom we believe and the Spirit is our Arbiter of free will and the Christian honors the Spirit though obedience to Him (Galatians 5:16) which results in the production of divine fruit (Galatians 5:22-23) while in Torah, the old sin-nature sought subjugation to Torah Law, an obedience that could NEVER be fully achieved as the Adamic sin-nature had no arbiter but the flesh and a weakened conscience subject to that flesh.

My personal concerns for Hebrew Roots participants,

My primary concern for those who confess Yeshua as Messiah by faith and simultaneously place an emphasis on Torah observance is the inclination of the sin-nature to slip into theological compromise with works and thereby nullify the purity of faith and thereby fall into a state of apostasy and ultimately condemnation.

I have personally witnessed this in the Messianic Jewish converts who struggle having placed one foot in grace through faith in Yeshua while placing the other in Torah in Temple and the Torah as an Icon of worship. I have witnessed this in my own family.

In private, these people are miserable...they are torn...they are divided...they are compromised...they are lost...they have strayed...some become addicted...others are angry and hateful toward Christianity...it is tragic (Galatians 3).

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments