frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does the bible blame creation for its imperfections?

Debate Information

In the book of Isaiah chapter 55:8,9 it says:

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

I don't know about you but I sort of feel I'm supposed to be the ant trying to understand the human in that analogy. Now the bible also says in Genesis 1:31: 

Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

So god created everything including humans and declared us good. Establishes itself as creator responsible for all creation and declaring he and his creation 'very good'. Psalm 18:30 says:

As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is []proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him. 

So god created all of creation perfect, till it wasn't. Well who's the blame? Surely a perfect being who's 'way' is perfect, gave the cognitive creatures of its creation perfect brains that could not be tempted by anything outside of gods perfection, right? Surely god doesn't experience overlooking unexpected circumstances to arise so there was no oversight on gods part. Even christians will tell you god scripted the creation narrative intentionally foreknowing a messiah will be utilized. So everything is must come to pass that god seen come to pass before it ever began to create. Everything and everyone has their part to play and will, as god sees to it. Oh don't worry, god creates scapegoats as well. True, Genesis chapter 3 god sends evil (also gods creation) into the garden to seduce his creation, then blamed the entire thing on creation. Cause god warned the man but the man did eat. 

So let's see what we have in conclusion. According to god think, if a toddler walks toward a cliff, you (the human) being the loving parent warn the child (ant in the analogy) and the child continues on without believing their really is danger. So you should continue to warn them but don't stop them physically. The toddler walks off the cliff you blame the child for unbelief. Even though the toddler didn't pic the spot, and you showed it the cliff and said stay away, you blame the child for not trusting your word. That's the christian god in a nut shell. We can't possibly understand god the way an ant or toddler doesn't understand permanent repercussions of disobedience as a toddle is still learning obedience from a human or father. God blaming its works for the imperfections of its works rather than on itself for doing imperfect works; is what led me to become an apostate. Me, being a father would have simply took responsibility for my toddler and saved it. It is just not rational to blame your child and condemn them to hell and claim perfect benevolence at the same time.  

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ;   Adam and Satan are the causation for the curse upon Nature and our genome.

• FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ;   Adam and Satan are the causation for the curse upon Nature and our genome.

Thank you for agreeing with me and being honest. So why do you serve such scum? Here you admit your god fairy is evil and support your confession with it's own words. I was going to use them too but thought the post would be too long.

God admits his anointed cherub was perfect until unrighteousness was found. Found in him? How did it get there? Doesn't say satan searched for it, only god could have put it there to carry out its evil plan. We already know god created evil. Lamentations 3:38 reads:   Out of the mouth of the Most High proceedeth not evil and good? Right out of the horses mouth your gods word book speaks evil into existence. I know you like to pretend 'evil' means 'calamity' to put your malicious god in a good light but when the two are interchangeable well, just glad you realized it before it was too late. You do serve an evil god and that's why you like to spew venom. Only god can make a thing perfect and then make it not perfect either by intent (obviously in the garden) or indifference,  it's on god. I'm so proud you realized that and didn't post a bunch of knee jerk nonsense.

Same with adam. He was perfect till god caused evil to pass through him in the garden. Romans pointed that out really good. So proud.