frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Would You Go Live On Mars?

Debate Information

This is definitely on the cards because all ready the Space Agency is looking for volunteers who are prepared to go to Mars but never come back as an experiment to see if humans can thrive on the planet.

The Brits did a similar thing 200 years ago when they sent criminals to Australia and not return and the land was pretty much the same as Mars as it happened because most of the country was just hot red dusty dessert.

And when they discovered the Aboriginies there it must have been like coming a cross Martians on Mars.

So may be we could do the same thing here and send all the crims to Mars and see how they survive and thrive.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited February 21
    I think it is a simulated mission to Mars for right now - but you must commit to no outside contact for 1 year.  

I'm sure some will want to do this, but I'd rather not be away from my family for that long.  

I don't know if it is a good idea to force criminals to go to Mars.  Who knows, they will probably open some chicken processing plant on Mars and use illegal alien labor paying slave wages.  Not really the way we should treat aliens.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin ;Who knows, they will probably open some chicken processing plant on Mars and use illegal alien labor paying slave wages.  Not really the way we should treat aliens.

Well I was really having a dig at @Bogan on that one but since you mentioned it. It will proberly take some time before they get medical facilities up and running on Mars. But that should not be a problem. May be Mars is closer to God than Earth and God would get there prayers first. So if they get a severed leg or want to jump out of a wheel chair all they need to do is pray.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    When the time comes for the actual first mission on Mars - sign me up! I have always loved being on the frontier of everything, and there is hardly a farther frontier than Mars that humanity will have in the foreseeable future. The high likelihood of the mission ending up in a failure only adds the spice to this endeavor.