frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Abortion What if?

Debate Information

Just say that your dead against abortion and your dead against LBGTQ. 

Then what if and this is purely hyperthetical for the purpose of the argument. What if it is possible to not only find out what sex the baby will be but it will be possible to find out weather the baby will be LBGTQ.

If you were pregnant and found out that the fetus is LBGTQ would you have an abortion or would you have a LBGTQ kid?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -   edited February 23
    @Barnardot

Im pretty sure people against abortion dont want to murder lgbtq people.  

This argument however was an issue in Chinas 1 child policy.  If the fetus was a girl they would be more likely to abort until they got a male to carry the family name.

Also according to you the fetus is not a life at all.  Peculiar since we are able to tell things the the sex of the organism ect. 
    Since according to you they are not alive there should be absolutely 0 qualms killing the organism due to sex, gender, sexual identity or any other reason
    John_C_87
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers ;Also according to you the fetus is not a life at all.

Its not according to me. Its according to society and our laws which are based on extensive pubic debate, much research and concensus with many experts. We therefore accept it as a fact that fetus under 12 weeks is not a life. Weather other people accept the fact is there business and tough titties to them but they are totally wrong to declare other wise. And as I have farely said before they are being offensive to tell any one having an abortion that they are killing a life.

And your argument about being peculiar about detecting sex since that can be determined by the mother taking a p or from the fluid nowerdays any way. You can even tell sex from dead skin cells so its not peculiar at all. Even then your argument about a living being is totally wrong no matter how many times you try to find different angles of well may be its this or that.

The discussion has been had the decision has been made and no matter how many times you try to bring up different things it has all been done before by responsible decision makers and we abide by there decision. You dont but your definitely the odd one out. Not the rest of us.

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

The issue here is you think whether or not an organism is considered alive is a subjective matter; it is not.  I totally understand there are laws that allow the killing of a fetus because they dont value them as a person but that doesnt change the fact that it is a living organism. 

Can you tell me something that isnt not living that has assigned biological sex?
    A dead skin cell implies even a skin cell is something that was alive.

My determination of being alive has nothing to do with law or whether abortion is legal or illegal.  Its just a fact.
    Can you show me a biologist or article that demonstrates a fetus is not alive? A where is the magical switch a 12 weeks that makes it alive?
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Barnardot said:
    Just say that your dead against abortion and your dead against LBGTQ. 

Then what if and this is purely hyperthetical for the purpose of the argument. What if it is possible to not only find out what sex the baby will be but it will be possible to find out weather the baby will be LBGTQ.

If you were pregnant and found out that the fetus is LBGTQ would you have an abortion or would you have a LBGTQ kid?
    Bernie,  You asked a great question, but you aren't asking the right group of people.  Rephrase your question just a bit and ask the leftist 'If a woman wants to kill her baby because she discovers it will be LGBTQ, are you still supportive of her killing her baby?'  That's the question that will show you what you want to know. 

I can't think of a pro-life person who would say kill the baby.  Can you?  But I bet you that several rainbow wearing leftists will struggle with supporting a woman's right to choose to kill an LGBTQ baby because she is LGBTQ.
  • elijah44elijah44 37 Pts   -   edited February 24
    I sort of disagree with abortion, in some cases, and in some cases I agree. But, I do respect peoples choices. I have nothing against LBGT, I would not consider my self an ally but I do know a lot of people apart of the community. If I knew my child was going to be apart of it I wouldn’t get an abortion. Mainly because if I had a child I wouldn’t want an abortion, but I also wouldn’t really care what my child thinks unless they are crazy or something.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot ;  LGBTQAI++ is vulgar sin against one's body but there is forgiveness for the one who repents and trusts fully in Jesus as their Messiah...murdering a baby because the child possesses a propensity to follow a defiled and perverted lifestyle violates God's spiritual law; therefore, the child is to live and perhaps he or she will come to a place of repentance and find life and forgiveness by faith in Jesus; if not, they will stand in the Judgment of the Condemned and be adjudicated by our Lord, not man.
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    Barnardot said:

Hello B:

Nahh.  But, IF you could tell the sexual orientation of a fetus, you surly could tell its political orientation..  If that were so, ABORT, ABORT, ABORT!!!

excon

@MichaelElpers ;there are laws that allow the killing of a fetus because they dont value them as a person but 

But nothing. Your trying to re invent the wheel and not accept it for what it is. The argument has been had and thats what we accept. I reckon that your just got to let it go and be fare on your self. Because the more you harbor anti social views like this the more it is going to eat you up. Just let it go because calling descent caring human beings as killers and giving no value to life is extremely offensive and negative. Just let it go and try and be positive.

Maybe you could join a new sport or social interest groups like train spotting. I dont recommend going to those positive thinking seminars. I remember going to one once and I was asked to leave. It was all a load of crap any way.

@just_sayin ;I can't think of a pro-life person who would say kill the baby.

Nothing to with the argument. Your making assumptions. The argument is about having an abortion and has nothing at all to do with killing babies.

@elijah44 ;I also wouldn’t really care what my child thinks unless they are crazy or something.

Well that is what most people think in the end. I know a couple who were strongly anti LBGTQ and had a kid who grew up to be a queer. But what they found is that the more they learnt about the kid and about other kids in the same boat the more they came to respect these kids for what they are. So it just goes to show that when some one says there anti abortion or anti LBGTQ they are being very ignorant and arrogant. People who take the time to educate them selves and take the time to under stand are not anti LBGTQ or anti abortion or anti whatever they decided to be anti about in the first place.

And if some one says Im anti abortion because Im a Catholic and Catholics are anti abortion I say bollicks because all there doing is using there religion to justify there ignorance and arrogance.

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited February 25
    @RickeyHoltsclaw ; LGBTQAI++ is vulgar sin against one's body but there is forgiveness for the one who repents and trusts fully in Jesus as their Messiah...murdering a baby because the child possesses a propensity to follow a defiled and perverted lifestyle violates God's spiritual law; therefore, the child is to live and perhaps he or she will come to a place of repentance and find life and forgiveness by faith in Jesus; if not, they will stand in the Judgment of the Condemned and be adjudicated by our Lord, not man.

May be so but what advice would you give to a woman who has just conceived a queer baby. How is she going to go through life knowing that her son is going to habitually ride the chocolate highway and never repent because he like it so much and then be judged only to find that hes going to go to Hell. How is she going to live with that?

Barnardot said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw ; LGBTQAI++ is vulgar sin against one's body but there is forgiveness for the one who repents and trusts fully in Jesus as their Messiah...murdering a baby because the child possesses a propensity to follow a defiled and perverted lifestyle violates God's spiritual law; therefore, the child is to live and perhaps he or she will come to a place of repentance and find life and forgiveness by faith in Jesus; if not, they will stand in the Judgment of the Condemned and be adjudicated by our Lord, not man.

May be so but what advice would you give to a woman who has just conceived a queer baby. How is she going to go through life knowing that her son is going to habitually ride the chocolate highway and never repent because he like it so much and then be judged only to find that hes going to go to Hell. How is she going to live with that?

If you're contacting me, please include @rickeyholtsclaw so I receive your input and it's not lost in the morass of irrelevant comments in the debate forum replete with the devil's servants...thank you.

The woman nor her physician knows if the baby is queer.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw ;The woman nor her physician knows if the baby is queer.

Yes they do because that was the premise of the argument. It is a what if so you have to go a long with it instead of making up excuses to wriggle out of it.

I mean to say if there was an argument like What if God Is Real you would be the first person in the scrum there I reckon.

And Im sure that even in realty you could tell if say a male fetus is queer because they have high res HD ultra sounds nower days. You just need to look closely and if the fetus has a limp wrist and looks up wards all of a sudden then you know for sure hes going to be a fudge packer the moment he hits puberty. And if the fetus is female and looks real ugly and has little spikes of hair then you know she's going to grow up to be a clam bumper.

So what do you reckon. LBGTQ or abort?

@rickeyholtsclaw
    The woman nor her physician knows if the baby is queer.

Oh sorry I forget to addrees your personal hot line.
     Yes they do because that was the premise of the argument. It is a what if so you have to go a long with it instead of making up excuses to wriggle out of it.

I mean to say if there was an argument like What if God Is Real you would be the first person in the scrum there I reckon.

And Im sure that even in realty you could tell if say a male fetus is queer because they have high res HD ultra sounds nower days. You just need to look closely and if the fetus has a limp wrist and looks up wards all of a sudden then you know for sure hes going to be a fudge packer the moment he hits puberty. And if the fetus is female and looks real ugly and has little spikes of hair then you know she's going to grow up to be a clam bumper.

So what do you reckon. LBGTQ or abort?

@Barnardot ; How would be mother or the physician know the baby is a homosexual or lesbian?