frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Marijahoochie

Debate Information

Hello:

In the past, I've been convicted of possessing marijuana; a substance that I can legally buy today.  Where do I go to get my reputation back?  Am I owed an apology?  Is anybody sorry? 

excon, or not

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited March 6
    @jack ; You destroyed your reputation by participating in that which illegal and destructive...smoking and ingesting THC is foolish. If you desire forgiveness, ask Jesus and trust in Him as your Lord...as far as your criminal record...you may get it expunged with sufficient funds paid but your compromise with the behavior is a stain...you'll have to overcome it with diligence in doing good and what is reputable. Advocating for the demonic through your political alliance with Progressives and Democrats won't engender a favorable reputation.  
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited March 6
    jack said:
    Hello:

In the past, I've been convicted of possessing marijuana; a substance that I can legally buy today.  Where do I go to get my reputation back?  Am I owed an apology?  Is anybody sorry? 

excon, or not

Is there more to the story than you have been willing to share?  Drug convictions are unique in sentencing.  97 percent of all drug convictions are plea deals with the defendant pleading guilty to a lesser crime than what they were initially charged with.  You will find very few people in prison whose initial charge was just possession and they did not do a plea deal.  
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Is there more to the story than you have been willing to share?  Drug convictions are unique in sentencing.  97 percent of all drug convictions are plea deals with the defendant pleading guilty to a lesser crime than what they were initially charged with.
    Hello just:

I'm 80..  50 years ago, when I was convicted, the government was NOT as kind as you suggest.   Do you know anything???

Shallowness becomes you.

excon
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    @jack ; You destroyed your reputation by participating in that which illegal and destructive...smoking and ingesting THC is foolish.
    Hello Rickey:

You get high on God..  I get high on pot.  I'm happy for you..  I wish you were happy for me.

excon
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited March 6
    jack said:
    @jack ; You destroyed your reputation by participating in that which illegal and destructive...smoking and ingesting THC is foolish.
    Hello Rickey:

You get high on God..  I get high on pot.  I'm happy for you..  I wish you were happy for me.

excon

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    jack said:

Is there more to the story than you have been willing to share?  Drug convictions are unique in sentencing.  97 percent of all drug convictions are plea deals with the defendant pleading guilty to a lesser crime than what they were initially charged with.
    Hello just:

I'm 80..  50 years ago, when I was convicted, the government was NOT as kind as you suggest.   Do you know anything???

Shallowness becomes you.

excon
    Old Man Jack,  I think the details of your story matter.  There just aren't many people being arrested solely for possession today.  The courts are just too full for that.  
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Old Man Jack,  I think the details of your story matter.  There just aren't many people being arrested solely for possession today.  The courts are just too full for that.  
    Hello again, just:

There are two things I'd like you to do..  (1)  STOP accusing me of lying, and (2)  answer the question I pose.

But, ain't NONE of that is gonna happen..  Scr*ew you!

excon
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    jack said:

Hello again, just:

There are two things I'd like you to do..  (1)  STOP accusing me of lying, and (2)  answer the question I pose.

But, ain't NONE of that is gonna happen..  Scr*ew you!

excon
    Old Man Jack, I can believe that you were arrested 50 years ago for possession.  Things are different today.  I doubt you will get an apology - but you could try and ask for the governor to vacate the judgement against you.  
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited March 6
    jack said:
    Hello Rickey:

excon

@jack ;  I policed THC for 31-years....it makes people ""....should never be legalized.