frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What Evidence do Atheists Have that there is no God?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 889 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No contradiction if one studies void prejudice and wilful spiritual blindness. Hosea is true.

It is blatantly a contradiction void indoctrinate prejudice and willful ignorance. 
    just_sayinGiantMan

1) Where did those "conditions" find their origin?
    2) Where did those "celestial bodies" find their origin and ability to think, do, reason?
    3) Explain these "conditions" and the "celestial bodies" void design, an omnipotent Designer who is greater than what has been "created" and is outside the things constrained by Time and the 2nd Law of TD?
    It is unknown, can you read? You don't know either.

Celestial bodies found their origins in sub atomic particles as a result of interreacting with energy over time. Again as I said what initiated the processes are unknown to you or I. Can you read?

As I said, the only evidence available suggest natural phenomenon. You definitely can't read.

Now you explain it without injecting an entity that is imagined with no evidence. Then the idiocy of theism can be taken seriously.
    just_sayinGiantMan
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 174 Pts   -   edited May 3

1) Origin is not "unknown" but revealed in the Canon of Scripture...you simply reject what is presented.

2) Where did those "sub atomic particles as a result of interreacting with energy over time" find their origin...if you're so sure of this narrative...establish it...explain the who, what, where, when, why, how; otherwise, your atheism is nothing more than a facade for you lust, arrogance, ignorance.

3) Explain how logic, reason, thought, morality, discernment, are natural phenomena?

Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You can't explain how your imagined god did it? No evidence at all? Your childish answer is just "god did it"?

So in your little mind we are both demonstrating faith? You may have a point. I put my faith in facts, logic, reason and reality where as your faith is blind willful ignorant acceptance of a mythical being and it's fairytale book containing errors, contradictions and constant revision? Do you have any physical evidence it is your myth and not Thor? 
    just_sayinGiantMan
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 174 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder Elohim is our Creator and He goes to great lengths to explain to you the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning His creation narrative but you, like a stubborn little child, refuse to listen.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I listened. I just refuse to be indoctrinate by nonsensical myth books. Not just yours. But logic reason facts and reality also cause me to reject Egyptian, Greek and Indian myth books as well. I've seen what it does to you and just can't even pretend to accept such ignorance on blind faith. My cognitive and critical thinking abilities won't allow it.
    Joesephjust_sayinGiantMan
  • JoesephJoeseph 727 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Elohim .......I've just realised you're a 
    ........Mormon .....now thats a different level of lunacy
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder

This guy is a raving loon , I wonder how people like him actually navigate life.
    FactfinderGiantMan
    @Joeseph

At least he admits he just believes god did it instead of pretending to understand scientific disciplines like someone else we know who imagines science points to god. LOL
    @Joeseph ; No, not a Mormon...a Christian...Elohim is the Name the Holy Spirit has chosen as the Name for our Creator beginning with Genesis 1:1...In the beginning "Elohim" created. It is the homosexual that is the lune-a-tic as they seek death in rejection of Elohim due their obsessions with their penis and the rectum of other men. 
    @Factfinder ; You refuse because you're a fo-ol...not due the lack of evidence or probability but because you love your lust and your flesh more than Truth.
    @Factfinder ; You refuse because you're a fo-ol...not due the lack of evidence or probability but because you love your lust and your flesh more than Truth.
    You seem obsessed with the sins of the flesh more than anyone I know. You bring it up every time you realized you lost a debate do to lack of reason and logic behind faith claims. Something else we should know despite what you did to atheist 'turd'  juvenile minorities you admittedly indiscriminately confined at your leisure?
    OakTownAjust_sayinGiantMan
    @Factfinder ; Remember...include my name @ when you quote...otherwise, I don't receive your "enlightened" opinions. It is the wilful ignorance and arrogance of the Atheist's aberrant lust that keeps them for finding life and Truth in Jesus...these are are horrible and filthy people.

Factfinder
  • JoesephJoeseph 727 Pts   -   edited May 3
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

. It is the homosexual that is the lune-a-tic as they seek death in rejection of Elohim due their obsessions with their penis and the rectum of other men. 

Well Rick all I can  say to that is that I'm happily married but I don't judge you for your homosexual tendencies,  I think you should " man up " and confess y9ur tendncies regards male rectums to your wife ......do the decent thing.
    FactfinderOakTownAjust_sayinGiantMan
    @Factfinder ; Remember...include my name @ when you quote...otherwise, I don't receive your "enlightened" opinions. It is the wilful ignorance and arrogance of the Atheist's aberrant lust that keeps them for finding life and Truth in Jesus...these are are horrible and filthy people.

Yet you're the one who admitted abusing minorities cause you had a badge. 

Theism is not the knowledge that the whore Elohim does exist;
    but only the wish that it did
    to help suppress their inner effeminate desires 
    as they have no morals internally and lack integrity. The 
    pillars upon which theism mounts are
    ignorance and a reprobate mind.

@Joeseph ; A man "married" to another man is not marriage...it's perversion.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

A man "married" to another man is not marriage...it's perversion.

Right, so why are you screwing another man?
    just_sayin
    @Joeseph ; NO, I believe your positioning in this forum suggests you are.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

*** NO, I believe your positioning in this forum suggests you are ***

But you are a lunatic who used his position in the police force to bully and abuse others ,you never stop going on about homosexuality so I think we both know you lust after man on man action......at least your slut of a wife and you share an interest in manly males.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 543 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph ;I think we both know you lust after man on man action......at least your slut of a wife and you share an interest in manly males.

And we know how some people have absolutely no debating skills and are simply nasty individuals don’t we?

@Barnardot

Do you ever stop with the constant stalking and trolling?

Is your life that sad that you have to follow my every comment like a puppy dog?
    @Joeseph ; I am not...
    @Joeseph ; You are a vulgar and horrible person.
    Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You most certainly are gay you never stop obsessing about homosexuals and homosexuality .....your wife is a pig as we already established , I think that's how you attempt to justify your perversions.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

** You are a vulgar and horrible person.**

Yet you're the one who's a rabid racist bigot who used his position to abuse fellow humans.

The hilarious thing about you is you claim to be a " christian" yet you condemn and judge others making out you're somehow superior ,did you ever read the teachings on pride and judging others?

This clearly demonstrates what a low life you are as like the hypocrite you are you preach at others to do as Jesus did yet totally ignore his words as you spread false witness about others , you judge others and you boast about what a great Christian you are......what a sanctimonious hypocrite you are .
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph ; You are a horrible person.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

; You are a horrible person

You call everyone horrible who isn't like you , you're a typical cowardly bully looking down his holier than thou nose at others ......Jesus would hate you 
    @Joeseph ; We're done...you're on mute...have a nice life.
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph

I wouldn't be too concerned. He enjoys the back and fourth entanglements too much. If he were serious about explaining his faith he would instead of doing what he does.
    OakTownAJoesephjust_sayinGiantMan
    Atheists have ZERO evidence that there is no God or Elohim (Genesis 1:1) only the truth at Atheists are gutless fo-ols and servants of Satan.

GiantManFactfinder
    @Joeseph ; Your words will appear again at your Judgement.... (Revelation 20:11-15)...nothing will be hidden.

@Joeseph ;  Again, the Scriptures hold nothing back or hide nothing from our view...all is laid bare....David was Israel's King and in the genealogy of Messiah.

Saul’s jealousy of David turned murderous. He first tried to have David killed by the hand of the Philistines by asking David to become his son-in-law. The king offered his daughter in return for David’s military service. David, in humility, refused, and Saul’s daughter was given to another. Saul’s other daughter, Michal, was in love with David, so Saul asked again. David again refused due to his lack of wealth and inability to afford the bride price for the daughter of a king. Saul asked for a hundred Philistine foreskins, hoping David would be slaughtered by the enemy. When David killed two hundred Philistines, doubling the required payment, Saul realized he was outmatched, and his fear of David increased. Jonathan and Michal warned David of their father’s murderous intent, and David spent the next years of his life fleeing from the king.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

And brought back their forskins......you missed that part you tool ...........
    Argument Topic: Lack of evidence

This whole thread and the elephant in the room hasn't been properly addressed. The total lack of any evidence at all for the positive assertion a god exist, not to mention specific ones, speaks volumes to the fact it doesn't. How does one go about disproving that which has no tangible basis in reality to examine?
    GiantMan
    @Joeseph ; The foreskins were proof of the victory and much easier to retrieve than scalps or heads...and it belittled and terrorized the Philistines who were much like atheists.
    Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

The foreskins were proof of the victory and much easier to retrieve than scalps or heads...and it belittled and terrorized the Philistines who were much like atheists.

God was too idiotic to just tell them? Or they wouldn't trust god without evidence? Saul and David were supposed to be men of faith like you (only smarter we see) yet physical proof of gods will was required. I doubt a bunch of bible thumpers had the brains or guts to to belittle or terrorize the Philistines as you admit they were intelligent, peace loving, caring, relevant , and strong people like atheists.  
    just_sayinGiantMan
    Elohim's ways are foreign to the atheist because they belong to Satan.

Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Elohim's ways are foreign to the atheist because they belong to Satan.

I agree, elohims ways did originate with Satan. That's why your god is so evil. 
    Unless the atheist humbles them self and trusts in Jesus with a sincere heart, they have no hope of life.

Factfinder
  • ChewingTinFoilChewingTinFoil 33 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Can’t prove

I can’t prove that something doesn’t exist.
  • ChewingTinFoilChewingTinFoil 33 Pts   -   edited May 15
    Argument Topic: Hmm…

@just_sayin

1.  When we don’t have an answer to something, it isn’t logical to assume something. Instead you should have critical thinking and have explanations for why this and that happened.

2. To say that the universe is fine tuned is insane. God could create an infinite amount of things better than this universe.

3. There has been many creatures with different dna coding than us and died out due to the way it has been coded. The reason we are alive is because it was successful over the MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of creatures whose dna coding weren’t. Looks like that “coder” needed to study a bit more. It’s all about natural selection and evolution.

4. ok I’m sorry what?
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 1061 Pts   -  
    @ChewingTinFoil
    1.  When we don’t have an answer to something, it isn’t logical to assume something. Instead you should have critical thinking and have explanations for why this and that happened.

I agree.  That's why it is almost comical at this point when @MayCaesar starts singing the Science of the Gaps song every time I point out scientific flaws with the creation of the universe and with abiogenesis.  Or when I give examples of medically documented miracles - such as the miracle of Calanda, where there are 24 eye witness testimonies, recorded in a court of law, of a man whose leg was amputated, of it growing back overnight 18 months later.  He will make a science of the gaps appeal and start singing 'even when science says it is impossible, trust me, for science it is possible.'  

When you walk up on a beach and see a iPhone, you could reason that natural forces such as the wind blew just right and shaped and formed the minerals in such a way that it formed a phone, I guess.  But it makes more sense to reason that due to the complexity of the object, it is more likely that some intelligence is behind it.  It the same way it makes sense to reason that some intelligence is behind the creation of the universe and the creation of life.  DNA is an incredibly complex code.  Code needs a coder.  

2. To say that the universe is fine tuned is insane. God could create an infinite amount of things better than this universe.

Nobel prize winner, Roger Penrose, calculated the odds of the low entropy of the universe at the big bang that permits a universe where life is possible at (10^10) ^123 to 1.  Considering that there are only about 10 ^ 80 particles in the universe - those are astronomical odds.  And that is just one of many conditions that needed to be met.

The cosmological constant (which controls the expansion speed of the universe) refers to the balance of the attractive force of gravity with a hypothesized repulsive force of space observable only at very large size scales. It must be very close to zero, that is, these two forces must be nearly perfectly balanced. To get the right balance, the cosmological constant must be fine-tuned to something like 1 part in 10^120. If it were just slightly more positive, the universe would fly apart; slightly negative, and the universe would collapse.

Even atheistic scientists admit that the universe appears finely tuned for life. Stephen Hawking has admitted: “The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers [the constants of physics] seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life.” (A Brief History of Time, p. 125) 

To dismiss the fine tuning by saying 'God could have created a better universe' is like saying the Mona Lisa is a trashy painting and shouldn't be considered a masterpiece because Leonardo da Vinci could have done better.  It is a silly argument, that ignores the incredible fine tuning of lots of different fundamental forces and factors.

3. There has been many creatures with different dna coding than us and died out due to the way it has been coded. The reason we are alive is because it was successful over the MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of creatures whose dna coding weren’t. Looks like that “coder” needed to study a bit more. It’s all about natural selection and evolution.

A huge issue with your argument is that you can't get to DNA from just minerals. If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and do it.  You'll get a Nobel prize if you do. There are at least 10 chemical 'miracles' that would have to occur first.  And none of them have been replicated yet, and this is with intelligence guiding the process.  In fact, we are further away from explaining how life could begin from non-life today, than we were 100 years ago.  100 years ago, it was thought that one celled life forms were not complex and that they were essentially just goo, so if you just had the right mix of minerals and some lightning you could make life.  We now know that life is much more complex - even the simplest life forms are beyond our ability to explain and replicate.  
    GiantManFactfinderJoeseph
    @just_sayin

A huge issue with your argument is that you can't get to DNA from just minerals. If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and do it.

You mean you can't pull it out of your arse like you did giantman in order to make it seem like you have more support than you do? I know you don't believe in god cause if you did it would know your deceptiveness serves your agenda and not its.
    Joeseph
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6108 Pts   -  

That you have to consistently lie about my arguments says everything anyone needs to know about religion: it is built on a quicksand of lies. Truth puts enough weight on the castle that it immediately sinks, so lying about what one's own eyes can see is the only way to avoid the immediate catastrophe.
    Factfinder
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 1061 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

A huge issue with your argument is that you can't get to DNA from just minerals. If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and do it.

You mean you can't pull it out of your arse like you did giantman in order to make it seem like you have more support than you do? I know you don't believe in god cause if you did it would know your deceptiveness serves your agenda and not its.
    I must have hit a sore spot.  There is no evidence that you can go from minerals to functioning DNA.  DNA is specialized code, and minerals just react randomly.  I've gone over this before, that there are at least 10 'miracles' required chemically to get to a point where you can have RNA that could be used to initiate the first living creature.  I keep asking you to prove that you could get life from naturalistic processes, and you, like typically, provide lots of personal attacks, but no supporting evidence.  

I laid out the problems with abiogenesis from a chemical reaction perspective - see https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/179759/#Comment_179759

And you bloviated about a science of the gaps response that would have made @MayCaesar smile.  You are a science denier.  Deal with it.
    Factfinder
    @just_sayin

I must have hit a sore spot.  There is no evidence that you can go from minerals to functioning DNA.  DNA is specialized code, and minerals just react randomly.  I've gone over this before, that there are at least 10 'miracles' required chemically to get to a point where you can have RNA that could be used to initiate the first living creature.  I keep asking you to prove that you could get life from naturalistic processes, and you, like typically, provide lots of personal attacks, but no supporting evidence.  

I laid out the problems with abiogenesis from a chemical reaction perspective - see https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/179759/#Comment_179759

And you bloviated about a science of the gaps response that would have made @MayCaesar smile.  You are a science denier.  Deal with it.
    You've hit no spot. "god of the gaps" is still childish and fallible. All evidence towards abiogenesis (what little there is relatively speaking) is 100% natural. It happened, we are here and nothing at all tangible points to your god.  
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 1061 Pts   -   edited May 15
    MayCaesar said:

That you have to consistently lie about my arguments says everything anyone needs to know about religion: it is built on a quicksand of lies. Truth puts enough weight on the castle that it immediately sinks, so lying about what one's own eyes can see is the only way to avoid the immediate catastrophe.
    May, you are too stubborn to admit that you have frequently used science of the gaps arguments in a: the miracles debate, b: the abiogenesis debate, c: the evolutionary theory debate.  You even got mad in the miracles debate when all of Barbara Commiskey's doctors wrote that her healing from not being able to walk, being blind, and several of her internal organs not working after being prayed for.  You thought the top physician on her condition in the world, who was working at the Mayo Clinic, was irresponsible for bluntly saying it was a miracle and that there was scientific explanation for it.  Let's never pretend that you didn't do that.  When I confronted you on this point, you said that there is no God so any explanation must be scientifically explainable - that's a science of the gaps argument, my friend.  
    Factfinder