frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Convince me that Ukraine is a country

Debate Information

Ukraine has always been a cultural aspect of Russia, they are culturally interdependent. It is a perverse notion, arising from the Ukrainian's anti-communism, that Ukraine should be independent, without Russia there can be no Ukraine. Ukraine, with it's culture collapsing from this perverse separation from the nation who's relationship with it is an essential part of their culture and identity, Ukraine will become a den of evil, looking for all sorts of ways to make up for it's own decay. It will become fascist.

So you see, when you argue with my statement about how it is culturally a part of Russia, you had better be pretty sure of yourself, because the consequences are horrific if you're wrong.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 831 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Convince Us

@Putin
    Prove your IQ is more than your shoe size. 
    Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 838 Pts   -  
    @Putin

Is it culturally influenced by Russia? Of course, the Soviet Bloc insured that. But was it it's own country independent from Russia and more importantly is your statement : "Ukraine has always been a cultural aspect of Russia" reflecting the delusions of a mad man? Yes...

From prehistoric times, migration and settlement patterns in the territories of present-day Ukraine varied fundamentally along the lines of three geographic zones. The Black Sea coast was for centuries in the sphere of the contemporary Mediterranean maritime powers. The open steppe, funneling from the east across southern Ukraine and toward the mouth of the Danube River, formed a natural gateway to Europe for successive waves of nomadic horsemen from Central Asia. And the mixed forest-steppe and forest belt of north-central and western Ukraine supported an agricultural population (most notably the Trypillya culture of the mid-5th to 3rd millennia BCE), linked by waterways to northern and central Europe. The marshlands of these zones were frequent areas of both military conflict and cultural transmission.

Beginning in the 7th–6th centuries BCE, numerous Greek colonies were founded on the northern coast of the Black Sea, on the Crimean Peninsula, and along the Sea of Azov; these Hellenic outposts later came under the hegemony of the Roman Empire (see ancient Greek civilizationancient Rome). During the 1st millennium BCE the steppe hinterland was occupied successively by the CimmeriansScythians, and Sarmatians. These peoples, all of Iranian stock, maintained commercial and cultural relations with the Greek colonies.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6084 Pts   -  
    If the romantic relationship is not working out for one of the two partners, they break up. If the business relationship is not working out for one of the two partners, they exit the contract. Similarly, if the political relationship is not working out for two groups of people, they should go separate ways, regardless of how much common history and culture they have.

Taiwan, South Korea, the US, West Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary are all examples of massive successes as a consequence of breaking away from their neighbors. Taiwan, for example, even calls itself "Republic of China": their cultural similarities are undeniable. But good luck finding anyone in Taiwan who thinks that reuniting with the mainland China on the latter's terms is a good idea. Ukrainians do not seem to think so about Russia either, considering how eagerly they fight despite the overwhelming odds in their enemy's favor.

Just let Ukraine go, Vladimir Vladimirovich. You are running the largest territory in the world already, and 99% of it is completely undeveloped. Rather than making lives of those who want to live in the 21st century difficult, go to the tundra in central Russia and build something there. Russia barely has any drivable roads 5 km away from Moscow or St Petersburg. There is a LOT you have left to do, buddy, before your claim that Ukrainians are better off as Russians obtains a healthy weight.

If you truly insist on discussing the merit of existence of individual countries based on history, then I am happy to talk about returning Russia to the Mongols. ;)
    Factfinder
  • BoganBogan 452 Pts   -  
    Convince me that Russia is a country?   
    Factfinder
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    My shoe size is non of your business. You've been reported.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 831 Pts   -   edited April 5
    Putin said:
    @JulesKorngold
    My shoe size is non of your business. You've been reported.
    Yeah.  They sure banned me.  Lol
    What a lying putz you are.
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    I reported you to the Taliban, not this site. You'll be gone soon.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 838 Pts   -  
    Putin said:
    @JulesKorngold
    I reported you to the Taliban, not this site. You'll be gone soon.
    The Taliban has their hands full with Isis. Yeah that Islamist group that attacks you in your own backyard and strikes fear in your heart. Er, the real Putin that is.