frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

bird behavior

Debate Information

Is the building of nests by birds an innate or learned behaviorism? I have seen both sides of this and am a bit divided upon it. One group says it is innate because the birds all build their nests in the same way as their ancestors. Others claim it is a learned behavior. Myself, i am inclined to think birds are born with the need to build the nests, but do so by trial and error. However, after research, , I find there is no actual proof in either way. What do you guys believe?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6134 Pts   -  
    Given how widely spread this behavior is and how good birds are at building nests without ever learning it explicitly from other birds, I am inclined to think that it is a fairly innate behavior, much like sex in humans. When you have sex for the first time, even if you have never seen anyone else do it, you just figure it out somehow without any instruction. And, just like with sex, some birds build better nests than other birds, so there is likely a learning component there as well. A bird can build a nest for the first time in its life, but it will be a fairly clunky nest - but after building 5 nests, it will have mastered this skill.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -  
    Birds build nests because our Creator programmed survival into their genome and nests are a most efficient form of concealment and protection for procreation and sustainability.

• JoesephJoeseph 761 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Birds build nests because our Creator programmed survival into their genome and nests are a most efficient form of concealment and protection for procreation and sustainability.

You mean the same way god programmed some babies to get cancer?
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph ;  Cancer is a product of the Adamic curse due federal headship. It is not our Creator's desire that humanity perish in sin but He honors our father's decision and that decision is integral with genomic decay and degradation...it is what it is...this life is temporary....what is relevant is are you prepared for the life to come? You're dying second-by-second in decay yet you wallow in arrogance, vulgarity, filth i.e., atheism....and nihilism.

• JoesephJoeseph 761 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Cancer is a product of the Adamic curse due federal headship.

So God gives innocent babies cancer because Adam disobeyed god , and you deem this immoral bully worthy of worship .......WOW,
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph ;  Elohim does not give children cancer...cancer is a product of a defective genome inherited from our father...these things are the product of free will and your atheism and spiritual ignorance are the products of your free will.

• maxxmaxx 1146 Pts   -  
    I Intend to agree, i think they have a genetic blueprint that creates a need to build a nest, as well as what it should look like, yet the actual building is trial and error.  As for the rest of the replies i got. It's so inane as how they take a normal debate like this, and turn it instantly into a religious argumen. Talk about trolls.@MayCaesar
    RickeyHoltsclawFactfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 943 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    I Intend to agree, i think they have a genetic blueprint that creates a need to build a nest, as well as what it should look like, yet the actual building is trial and error.  As for the rest of the replies i got. It's so inane as how they take a normal debate like this, and turn it instantly into a religious argumen. Talk about trolls.@MayCaesar
    The hilarious thing is ricky thought you meant May was the religious troll!

I tend to agree as well. It appears to be an innate quality yet they learn to improve as they go.

• maxxmaxx 1146 Pts   -  
    Yep, and rick and joesph are in now way discussing my topic. @Factfinder
    @maxx ; Sorry about that @maxx ...that was not my intent.
    maxx