frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Reasons for your siding regarding the Israely and Palestine/Hamas Conflict?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Hamas Headquarters April 18, 2024

Gaza City - Wikipedia
    GiantMan
  • Bogan said:
    @ZeusAres42 ;    You should take your own advice. 

Ooooooohh.    Looks like I hit a nerve.  

Youre Delusional Billy Gardell GIF by CBS
    Factfinder

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited March 28
    Bogan said:

Hiya guys, I am back home from hospital and back on my personal computer, so now I can go back to dissecting your failing logic sentence by sentence, or  paragraph by paragraph, like I usually do.  Instead of submitting generalised over views, which I was forced to do because of the limitations of my Iphone. 

Zues has stated that Hamas is a terorist group and belelieves Israel should defend itslelf. He has also highlighted things that Israel have done over the few years that are against international law as stated by legal human rights bodies. He also understands the principle of proportionality which is something I will never undestertand. 

I myself will never understand why Zues or no one else doesn't want to anilate all the arab countries in the middle east. For me it's not about Hamas. I want all innocent children and woman in these countries that have nothing to do with terrorism to be brutally mudered off the face of the planet. 

Thanks for you honesty @Bogan

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

That's a cute trick, Zeus.     But anybody with half a brain can see by the woeful spelling and the miserable grammar that that it is Barnadot who wrote that, not me.       Or, was that you thinking like Barnadot in a crazy, confused manner and writing gibberish?    Are you getting angry, Zeus?     Okay, that's good.   I must have said something that REALLY hit a nerve?     What was it, Zeus?    Something I said has got the wheels moving in your head, right?   The internal block that they put in your head may be starting to shift?       You are having an internal battle with what your peers and their celeb role models have been pushing at you since like, forever,  and what really makes sense, right?     You know that something doesn't make sense?    Because you have a fully developed brain and you are starting to figure out how to use it.     Congratulations.   

Was it the question that I set for you which you have not yet answered yet, Zeus?   Did the penny drop that you can not explain either question in a non racist way?      And if Bogan has made real point with you, in validly disproving that what you always FELT was true, then what do you really believe?   Which racist explanation for everything do you support?      Either way, guess what that makes you, Zeus?   

Not sure at the moment, but I think  that you may have seen the elephant.      Time to sit in a quiet corner in a nice room, Zeus, and think about it.   Think about how they played you for a sucker because they thought you were too dumb to put 2 and 2 together, and because they were laughing at for for that.    They knew that your peer group of young, world saving, virtue signaling, social progressives, would always just accept that everything that the youth media and their celeb mates say must be true.    They can get away with it, Zeus,  because they knew knew that you would never would even think about it.  But now you are starting to think about it using reason and logic as your only guide.    That is how smart people think, Zeus.     

ZeusAres42
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    @Bogan said:
     Hiya guys, I am back home from hospital and back on my personal computer, so now I can go back to dissecting your failing logic sentence by sentence, or  paragraph by paragraph, like I usually do.  Instead of submitting generalised over views, which I was forced to do because of the limitations of my Iphone. 

Bogie, hope you are feeling better.  Sorry to hear you were in the hospital.

• Bogan said:
    @ZeusAres42

That's a cute trick, Zeus.     But anybody with half a brain can see by the woeful spelling and the miserable grammar that that it is Barnadot who wrote that, not me.       Or, was that you thinking like Barnadot in a crazy, confused manner and writing gibberish?    Are you getting angry, Zeus?     Okay, that's good.   I must have said something that REALLY hit a nerve?     What was it, Zeus?    Something I said has got the wheels moving in your head, right?   The internal block that they put in your head may be starting to shift?       You are having an internal battle with what your peers and their celeb role models have been pushing at you since like, forever,  and what really makes sense, right?     You know that something doesn't make sense?    Because you have a fully developed brain and you are starting to figure out how to use it.     Congratulations.   

Was it the question that I set for you which you have not yet answered yet, Zeus?   Did the penny drop that you can not explain either question in a non racist way?      And if Bogan has made real point with you, in validly disproving that what you always FELT was true, then what do you really believe?   Which racist explanation for everything do you support?      Either way, guess what that makes you, Zeus?   

Not sure at the moment, but I think  that you may have seen the elephant.      Time to sit in a quiet corner in a nice room, Zeus, and think about it.   Think about how they played you for a sucker because they thought you were too dumb to put 2 and 2 together, and because they were laughing at for for that.    They knew that your peer group of young, world saving, virtue signaling, social progressives, would always just accept that everything that the youth media and their celeb mates say must be true.    They can get away with it, Zeus,  because they knew knew that you would never would even think about it.  But now you are starting to think about it using reason and logic as your only guide.    That is how smart people think, Zeus.     

The Dark Knight Fun GIF by Bombay Softwares

• FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -   edited March 29
    @Bogan

I disagree that it was a failure at all.   As a matter of fact, it worked quite well.   Both the Nazis and the Japanese used indiscriminate terror bombing to cower the civilian populations of the people in the countries they wanted to subjugate.        Holland surrendered when the Luftwaffe indiscriminately bombed undefended Rotterdam.    Yugoslavia surrendered when Germany bombed defenceless Belgrade.    The yanks did the same thing to the Japanese in Tokyo using phosphorous bombs.    They did it again using nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and that worked quite well too.  It ended the Pacific war.       As for the US and the British using  terror bombing, Dresden was an example of that.   HAMAS uses the same tactic using unguided rockets against Israeli cities and despite the “iron dome”, it is having an effect too.     But today, the yanks and British no longer terror or carpet bomb (there is a difference in intent, although the results are identical) , and Israel does not terror or carpet bomb either.  .    If HAMAS uses civilian sites like hospitals and schools to fire it rockets to terror bomb Israeli citizens, them one might have thought that you pair might have criticised HAMAS for that, instead of levelling a false charge against Israel? 

First it's well documented Israel has bombed hospitals and other civilian structures which constitutes carpet bombing. 

Second Germany and Italy set the precedent for carpet bombing. Not the RAF. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_bombing#:~:text=In March 1938, the Bombing,bombings in World War II.

Third Several people including myself have strongly criticized Hamas for for using civilians as shields, repeatedly.  

I disagree that it was a failure at all.   As a matter of fact, it worked quite well.   Both the Nazis and the Japanese used indiscriminate terror bombing to cower the civilian populations of the people in the countries they wanted to subjugate.        Holland surrendered when the Luftwaffe indiscriminately bombed undefended Rotterdam.    Yugoslavia surrendered when Germany bombed defenceless Belgrade.

It was a failure because the obsessive desire to conquer cites left their armies vulnerable during stand offs and incremental weather events. And thus they lost the war. For instance it's well known that had Hitler went for the oil fields south of Stalingrad as opposed to 'kicking in the front door' they could've set up a supply line to their front line troops. As it was, his 6 th army got bonged down and eventually humiliated. Had he committed to the oil fields first, then Stalingrad probably wouldn't have been the turning point of the war on the eastern front.

Swift early successes, however, gave way to brutal cold and a stiffening Red Army that fought on despite horrendous casualties. Hitler’s tanks reached to within 12 miles of the Soviet capital of Moscow. Officers could see the gleaming onion domes and spires of the city through their field glasses, but they could advance no farther. The winter of 1941 shut down offensive operations.

When the Nazis resumed their attacks in the spring of 1942, Hitler’s focus had changed. The immediate prize, he believed, was the oil fields of the Caucasus. German spearheads would drive south and secure this vital resource that could supply their war machine with the precious commodity indefinitely. At the same time, Hitler fatally weakened the offensive, instructing the Sixth Army, under General Friedrich von Paulus, to attack eastward and capture the industrial city of Stalingrad on the Volga River.

Was Stalingrad of any consequential military value? That is an open question. The truth, however, is that its capture appealed to Hitler’s vanity. The conquest of the city that bore his arch enemy’s name, that of Soviet Premier Josef Stalin, would be incredibly satisfying.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/hitlers-blunder-resulted-in-a-devastating-defeat-for-the-german-army-on-the-eastern-front/

ZeusAres42
  • @Factfinder

The history of this whole region is rather interesting. Not many people know but I am guessing you are one of them that this whole region was once called Canaan? 

I recently just spent trying to go back as far as possible here. 
    Factfinder

• FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

The history of this whole region is rather interesting. Not many people know but I am guessing you are one of them that this whole region was once called Canaan? 

I recently just spent trying to go back as far as possible here

Yes I do know that from a biblical perspective more than a historical one. What joeseph claims about what Netanyahu is saying about the Amalekites could be true. No reason to doubt it as he would be appealing to his religious base the way right leaning governments do. I haven't really bothered checking it out though because to me it's irrelevant. If Israel was the bully joeseph claims their would be no Palestinian settlements today or for the last several decades. But yeah 2000 years ago in a fantasy book god calls for the destruction of the Amalekites. My concern is with what we can do today with modern solutions to fix the problems. And one thing has to happen, we have to have no tolerance for any mindset that justifies the slaughter of innocents and breaking peace time circumstances for perceived grudges from generations ago. That is just terrorism for profit. I believe we have the technology and the ability to dismantle the current status quo of terror and retaliation; then temporary armistices can be traded in for lasting peace. Then the nuanced differences can be addressed justly and civilly for a change.  
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Factfinder quote  First it's well documented Israel has bombed hospitals and other civilian structures which constitutes carpet bombing. 

An interesting sentence you wrote there, Factfinder, which is logically wrong.    If Israel specifically targeted hospitals, then that was obviously precision bombing, not “carpet bombing”.  If it was “carpet bombing” you would have to say that,  “hospitals were incidentally hit as a result of Israeli carpet bombing.”      Next,  If HAMAS is using hospitals, schools, and nurseries to terror bomb Israelis with rockets, that simply proves how despicable they are, so I do not blame the Israelis one whit for shooting back regardless of where they are taking fire from.      Once again, HAMAS will do anything to increase its own civilian casualties and try to make Israel out to be the bad guys.   And you seem to be buying it?     Hence your hypocrisy.        First, you claim that you support Israel’s right to defend itself, and then you look for reasons why Israel must not defend itself.     Lastly, where did these “well documented” reports come from?     My guess would be HAMAS itself, the same ones who claimed that Israel bombed the largest hospital in Gaza, only for keen eyed journalists to see for themselves from the blast damage to the hospital’s carpark, that it was a HAMAS rocket that had fallen short.

Factfinder quote     Second Germany and Italy set the precedent for carpet bombing. Not the RAF. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_bombing#:~:text=In March 1938, the Bombing,bombings in World War II.

Your own wiki link admitted that over the years, the meaning of “carpet bombing” had changed.     Unfortunately, it did not elaborate on that point.   But as a person who has a fair command of English language, my understanding of the words “carpet bombing” and “terror bombing” meant that they name slightly different concepts, because of the different reasons for the bombing.      But since the effects on the bombed population is identical, then it is not surprising that some people may use the terms interchangeably.

Factfinder quote    Third Several people including myself have strongly criticized Hamas for using civilians as shields, repeatedly.  

Then you criticise Israel for shooting back at HAMAS who are hiding among the human shields.     The fault is with HAMAS, not Israel.     Yet you seem to think it is Israel which is despicable? 

Factfinder quote  It was a failure because the obsessive desire to conquer cites left their armies vulnerable during stand offs and incremental weather events. And thus they lost the war.

Did they?    I can think of a lot more reasons why Germany lost the war.     Carpet bombing was used by the allies because the technology of bombing in 1945 was so imprecise that it was the only way that the RAF’s Bomber Command  in particular could justify it’s continued existence.    The British invested a great deal of capitol on strategic bombers which were so woeful in terms of meaningful results, that only the complete destruction of entire cities along with their populations of mainly women, children, babies, and old people could get them any results at all.   Which once again proved the adage, that the only thing that bureaucracies care about is their own existence and in increasing their budgets.     The Israelis do not carpet bomb nor terror bomb.    They use precision bombs.    When it comes to a ground attacks supported by infantry and tanks, they may be a lot less discriminate.    But that is not carpet bombing. 

Factfinder quote  For instance it's well known that had Hitler went for the oil fields south of Stalingrad as opposed to 'kicking in the front door' they could've set up a supply line to their front line troops. As it was, his 6 th army got bonged down and eventually humiliated. Had he committed to the oil fields first, then Stalingrad probably wouldn't have been the turning point of the war on the eastern front.

My take on that was, at the start of the war Hitler had dismissed the claims of his own generals that Germany was not ready for war, and that Hitler was courting catastrophe by sending troops into the Rhineland, the Sudetenland, and finally taking over Czechoslovakia completely.     When the allies wimped out of declaring war after promising that they would if Hitler attacked Czechoslovakia, Hitler began to think that he was a military genius who knew more about war than his generals and his field marshals.   As the war wore on, and Hitlers orders resulted in catastrophe after catastrophe, that idea took a real beating.   What mainly got Hitler was hubris.    That is, doing things because you think that you are so smart that you can not make a mistake.     

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Factfinder quote  Yes I do know that from a biblical perspective more than a historical one. What joeseph claims about what Netanyahu is saying about the Amalekites could be true.

Well, I would not know as I don’t even read his posts.    Although, I did skim one and thought that he was finally lifting his game.    So, he may yet be worth responding too in future,  

Factfiner quote       No reason to doubt it as he would be appealing to his religious base the way right leaning governments do. I haven't really bothered checking it out though because to me it's irrelevant. If Israel was the bully joeseph claims their would be no Palestinian settlements today or for the last several decades. But yeah 2000 years ago in a fantasy book god calls for the destruction of the Amalekites.

Joseph appears to equate HAMAS with the IRA, and the IDF with the British Army,  

Factfiner quote  My concern is with what we can do today with modern solutions to fix the problems.

Well, I would suggest we kill every HAMAS leader, and then kill every imam and mullah.     Then knock down every mosque, and send armies of Christian priests, Jewish rabbis, and Buddhist monks into Gaza to convert the locals from the Islamic death cult into more reasonable and peaceful religions, that can more or less get along with each other.  .

Factfinder quote  And one thing has to happen, we have to have no tolerance for any mindset that justifies the slaughter of innocents and breaking peace time circumstances for perceived grudges from generations ago.

Good luck tipping your lance at those particular windmills.   It is a bit like saying that we should stop crime by telling criminals that they should not be naughty.     Believe it or not, that was once seriously proposed as the way to stop crime in the late 19th century. 

Factfinder quote  That is just terrorism for profit.

By George, I think that you have got it,

Factfinder quote  I believe we have the technology and the ability to dismantle the current status quo of terror and retaliation; then temporary armistices can be traded in for lasting peace. Then the nuanced differences can be addressed justly and civilly for a change. 

That is not going to work because you are failing to appreciate that the primary reason for Islamic hatred of Israel is because their prophet hated them.     And just like with Hitler, the ayatollahs, mullahs, and imams really do believe that where an Islamic army has conquered, that is Islamic land forever,     Not a backward step can be taken.  

• JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -   edited March 29
    @Bogan

Well, I would not know as I don’t even read his posts.    Although, I did skim one and thought that he was finally lifting his game.    So, he may yet be worth responding too in future, 

Well "lifting your game"  according to you is being a full blown racist as you proudly admit to being , so please carry on not responding.

Joseph appears to equate HAMAS with the IRA, and the IDF with the British Army,  

The IRA and Hamas had and have  particular goals , the IDF and the British army had and have particular goals,  you do know the peace talks worked over here , these things are possible.

• JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -  
    @Phite

It's humorous to see the cognitive dissonance regarding nutanyahoo's biblical Amalekite reference when talking about kids and babies needing to go, and those who believe he didn't mean what he said.

It is indeed humourous  to say the least that  defenders of that raging lunatic Nethanyahu use the excuse much loved by biblical loons " you're taking it out of context"to justify his remarks , most every respected media source in the world pulled him up on his remarks and the coward tried to play it down.
    Phite
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

I'm thinking that the Israel-firsters' crack research team on this site forgot that the IDF have used Palestinians as human shields.

And in case anyone wonders, IDF soldiers are just as religiously nutty as nutanyahoo.  They're all obsessed with Amalekites.  Where you and I see only babies and children, they see Amalekites who need to die.  And they don't even have the sense to understand what genocidal talk against children and babies means to decent folks.  They've lost touch with their humanity. 

Pretty sad.
    Joeseph
    @Phite

It''s typical and expected behaviour from a nation of hypocrites led by the criminal Nitanyahoo whos greed and corruption knows no bounds .

IDF have used human shields for a long time now its typical hypocrisy again , that video clearly demonstrates the collective mindset of your average Jewish bully boy.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    Factfinder said:

It was a failure because the obsessive desire to conquer cites left their armies vulnerable during stand offs and incremental weather events. And thus they lost the war. For instance it's well known that had Hitler went for the oil fields south of Stalingrad as opposed to 'kicking in the front door' they could've set up a supply line to their front line troops. As it was, his 6 th army got bonged down and eventually humiliated. Had he committed to the oil fields first, then Stalingrad probably wouldn't have been the turning point of the war on the eastern front.
    This is a pretty important general lesson from history applicable to all areas of life: to achieve lasting success, one has to build sustainable systems, rather than expansive systems. Many empires fell due to not understanding that: Alexander's and Genghis Khan's empires crumbled as quickly as they were formed, because the leaders favored expansion at all costs, and as soon as they died, the internal infighting destroyed what they built. I have also long wondered why the British colonies were so stable and economically successful, while the Spanish colonies were not, and I have come to explain it mainly by the fact that the British built self-sustaining colonies, heavily investing in them and making sure that they remain profitable in the long run - while the Spanish mostly just wanted to quickly conquer everything and extract the natural resources, and did not think about the future.

Now, Hitler was many things, but he was not a fool: he certainly understood the importance of sustainability. So why did he make so many hasty blunders? I think it is because momentary success tends to get into people's heads. Hitler expanded the Reich tenfold within just a couple of years; it is hard not to start thinking oneself invincible under such circumstances. He had already done many things the entire world believed absolutely impossible given the state Germany was in in the early 30-s - what are a few more impossible things?

This is why in life it is very important to build sustainable systems. From simple morning routines to multi-billion international corporations, it is important to make sure that all parts of the machine are well oiled and self-sustaining. Building anything on a weak concrete is a recipe for disaster.

And this is what worries me about Israel. The country has done phenomenally well given its geopolitical predicament, yet the ideological underpinning of it is loose. Unlike such countries as Taiwan or Japan that have undergone thorough reconsideration of their fundamental values, Israel is still fundamentally founded on the ancient idea of the "promised land" and the "chosen people". The same reasoning that caused peaceful peasants abandon their families and friends, don plate armor and march for months to the desert to fight the people they have never interacted with over a thousand years ago - is Israel's concrete. That cannot end well for those people.
    Factfinder
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

“The highest morality is the protection of one’s own people”-Plato.

The Israeli officer is absolutely  right.    Faced with an enemy who makes no bones at all that he intends to exterminate your entire nation, and that his forces will commit atrocities on your civilian population “over and over again”, then nothing less than the total extermination of the armed forces of your implacable enemy makes any sense.   As for going into paroxysms of self righteous fury over the Jews calling their enemy an offensive name, such behaviour is human universal when one group of people utterly despise another group of people. they will always make up a nasty name to label their enemies with.  It is no different to US GI’s in 1944 calling the Germans “krauts.”   

Depending upon the situation, executing every captured terrorist is just plain common sense.     Many captured Guantanamo Bay inmates who were released were later recaptured again on Iraqi and Afghan battlefields.    Captured terrorists can also be used as hostages.   When terrorists publicize the fact that they intend to cut the throat of some innocent westerner they have captured, informing the terrorists that you will execute five of their captured number in retaliation could save the life of the innocent that the terrorists intend to behead.       This worked a treat in the US civil war.  When the Confederacy announced that it intended to execute every African US POW it had captured, Abraham Lincoln announced that if the South did so, he would order the execution of a captured Confederate soldier in retaliation for every African soldier the Confederacy executed.      The Confederacy backed down.     You can not fight religious fanatic terrorists using the Queensbury rules.    You either get serious or you will lose.    In a guerilla war, if you are not winning, you are losing.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin ;   Bogie, hope you are feeling better.  Sorry to hear you were in the hospital.

Thank yew.   11 days.   I nearly went nuts.
    @Bogan

An interesting sentence you wrote there, Factfinder, which is logically wrong.    If Israel specifically targeted hospitals, then that was obviously precision bombing, not “carpet bombing”.  If it was “carpet bombing” you would have to say that,  “hospitals were incidentally hit as a result of Israeli carpet bombing.”      Next,  If HAMAS is using hospitals, schools, and nurseries to terror bomb Israelis with rockets, that simply proves how despicable they are, so I do not blame the Israelis one whit for shooting back regardless of where they are taking fire from.      Once again, HAMAS will do anything to increase its own civilian casualties and try to make Israel out to be the bad guys.   And you seem to be buying it?     Hence your hypocrisy.        First, you claim that you support Israel’s right to defend itself, and then you look for reasons why Israel must not defend itself.     Lastly, where did these “well documented” reports come from?     My guess would be HAMAS itself, the same ones who claimed that Israel bombed the largest hospital in Gaza, only for keen eyed journalists to see for themselves from the blast damage to the hospital’s carpark, that it was a HAMAS rocket that had fallen short.

But since the effects on the bombed population is identical, then it is not surprising that some people may use the terms interchangeably.

This is the issue people have with you when debating. The fact that the allies carpet bombed too is irrelevant when discussing the precedent of such actions was set by Germany. And they lost. Which supports my claim and you in your speech actually support in some ways, the tactic failed them. Had (as you point out) Hitler listened to his generals in my example he would not have split his offensive forces between the oil fields and Stalingrad. That was pure vanity on his part. 

I never looked for reasons for Israel not to defend herself. If you don't understand ask, don't misrepresent. If you'll recall it is I that said, "Israel is doing what it needs to survive and nobody offers a better, realistic alternative." on my first response in this thread. 

Whether you want to call it carpet bombing or terror bombing, the results are the same as you again point out. Strategically going after a factory that has civilian infrastructure next to it on all sides during WW2 with massive bombing and Israel today using more precise methods to target strategic objectives surrounded by civilian infrastructure, or that lay beneath it, causes the same humanitarian crisis that ripple across the landscape. One exception that you point out showing Hamas accidently hit their own hospital doesn't negate the fact Israeli strikes have hit multiple medical facilities and other civilian structures throughout this war. We must admit that what we as civilized people have allowed as the status quo in this region can't sustain itself indefinitely...

A map showing hospitals in the Gaza Strip alongside Israeli ground operations

Mr Abu Saada said that attempts to bury the dead had been thwarted by fighting around the complex, and the morgue refrigerator had failed for lack of power.

There were 100 bodies unburied in the hospital courtyard, he added.

Dr Marwan Al-Barsh, director general of Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry, said that as well as the courtyard, the hospital's mortuaries were also filled with corpses.

He added that hospital officials had tried to bury those who had died in the hospital, but that people had been unable to leave without coming under fire.

Israel says it knows "with certainty" that there is a Hamas command centre underneath Shifa.

It has shared a 3-D representation of what it said were a network of tunnels under the hospital, and recordings it says are of Hamas fighters discussing them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67401064

That's why it's illegal. Which is why I say the cycle has to stop and to do that Hamas and its ilk must be dismantled. That would take a lot of work but they're the aggressors and Israel has no desire to send missiles into the countries that surround her. In my opinion, Hamas goes, then positive things can begin to happen from both perspectives that can lead to lasting solutions.

Personally, as I already alluded to before, the world has the technology and the tools to weed them out if we cooperated with that specified, unified goal. But for that to happen personal agendas must take a backseat long enough. It would probably be one of humanity's greatest achievements.    

@MayCaesar

I agree. And not just Israel but Palestine as well. All sides need to function in reality as opposed to clinging to thousand year old myth books.

And Hitler's war time strategy is a good lesson on what not to do.  ;)
    MayCaesarZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Factfinder quote   This is the issue people have with you when debating. The fact that the allies carpet bombed too is irrelevant when discussing the precedent of such actions was set by Germany. And they lost. Which supports my claim and you in your speech actually support in some ways, the tactic failed them. Had (as you point out) Hitler listened to his generals in my example he would not have split his offensive forces between the oil fields and Stalingrad. That was pure vanity on his part. 

It is difficult to work out what point you are trying to make here?     My best guess, is that you seem to be saying that Nazi Germany used carpet bombing and it lost the war, therefore, Israel is going to lose it’s war in Gaza because it carpet bombs?   If that is what you mean, then I think that you are drawing a very long bow there, mate.     And your premise is invalid anyway because Israel does not “carpet bomb”, or even “dive bomb”, it uses precision munitions.

Factfinder quote  I never looked for reasons for Israel not to defend herself.

First you claim that Israel should defend itself, then you take exception to the methods it must use to do just that?

Factfinder quote  If you don't understand ask, don't misrepresent.

Okay, please explain what on earth your initial statement above even means?     I get sick and tired of debating against opponents who make rambling sentences full of implications which makes me do all the work trying to figure out what they mean.    Only to have them shoot back that I am misrepresenting them. 

Factfinder quote      If you'll recall it is I that said, "Israel is doing what it needs to survive and nobody offers a better, realistic alternative." on my first response in this thread. 

But this entire topic is just an Israeli bashing topic, where people like yourself criticise Israel and say nothing about HAMAS.     So, you may make a statement saying that Israel has a right to defend itself, but then you go all self righteous and criticise Israel when they do just that.     So, you can hardly blame me if I consider that you are hostile to Israel.     And if you are hostile to Israel, then you have got a problem with me.    Because I defend Israel, because I admire the Israelis I and despise their enemies. 

Factfinder quote    Whether you want to call it carpet bombing or terror bombing, the results are the same as you again point out.

Okay.    But you accused Israel of carpet bombing, which the Israelis just do not do.     And when you make a false accusation against Israel, then once again, you can hardly blame me for thinking that despite your claim to not be anti Israel, you are in fact very anti Israel.  

Factfinder quote   Strategically going after a factory that has civilian infrastructure next to it on all sides during WW2 with massive bombing and Israel today using more precise methods to target strategic objectives surrounded by civilian infrastructure, or that lay beneath it, causes the same humanitarian crisis that ripple across the landscape.

Then blame that on HAMAS, not Israel.     HAMAS put Israel in a position where they had to do it so that HAMAS can not carry out it’s threat to shoot hundreds of Israeli men, women, children, and babies, and rape every female they can get their filthy hands on, “again and again.”  

I know you are going to claim that I am misrepresenting you again, but from the responses that you have written, you seem to be coming from a peculiar position?     You seem to think that killing women and children is bad, so if Israel kills women and children, then that is bad.    Therefore, Israel must stop fighting because Palestinian women and children are getting killed?       The problem with moral absolutes is that they can not deal with moral priorities and moral quandaries.       Using exactly the same absolutist logic, the allies should have stopped the war with Germany in 1944, and let Hitler and the Nazi Party recover to do it all again another day, because too many German women and children were getting killed in the Allied invasion of Germany.    But the allies in 1944 did not agree with your noble moral absolute and stop fighting, and Israel is not going to do it either. 

Factfinder quote   One exception that you point out showing Hamas accidently hit their own hospital doesn't negate the fact Israeli strikes have hit multiple medical facilities and other civilian structures throughout this war.

How do you know?    HAMAS claimed that the hospital deliberately targeted by the Israelis, even though they already knew that it was their own rocket that did the damage.    So, anything that the lying sods say should be treated with suspicion and deep mistrust.    And when you are dealing with people who have no regard for the civilised rules of war, and who even use hospitals for arms dumps and rocket launching pads, then you can hardly blame Israel if it shoots back wherever the sods choose to kill Israelis from. 

Factfinder quote    We must admit that what we as civilized people have allowed as the status quo in this region can't sustain itself indefinitely...

Once again, an ambiguous statement which can mean anything.    I think I know what you mean, but if I get it wrong, then you will just say again that I am misrepresenting you. 

Factfinder quote  That's why it's illegal.

It is also “illegal” for any combatant to use a hospital to store arms and launch missiles.      You seem to have a problem understanding how agreements go?      If you make an agreement, then both sides have to abide by it.     If one side breaks the agreement, the other side is not under any obligation to keep its side of the bargain.

Factfinder quote Which is why I say the cycle has to stop and to do that Hamas and its ilk must be dismantled.

It is not going to stop because HAMAS is committed to the idea of wiping Israel off the map.     What you just wrote was wishful thinking.    You are down in the garden dancing with the fairies if you are thinking like that.

Factfinder quote  That would take a lot of work but they're the aggressors and Israel has no desire to send missiles into the countries that surround her. In my opinion, Hamas goes, then positive things can begin to happen from both perspectives that can lead to lasting solutions.

HAMAS is not going any where unless the IDF sends the whole lot of them to hell.

Factfinder quote  Personally, as I already alluded to before, the world has the technology and the tools to weed them out if we cooperated with that specified, unified goal.

The “specified, unified goal” of most of the international community is to always blame Israel for shooting back.      And your own thinking is not too removed from that.    You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. 

@Bogan

You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. 

I am neither. You are neither. We are just discussing it on the internet. Though I see no reason to continue.

If you insist on breaking down what someone says sentence by sentence as if they're stand alone remarks thereby warping their meanings instead of considering the intended context of said sentences, you will never understand what people are saying.

There comes a time when one must move past assigning blame and seek solutions. I have always maintained Israel's right to defend itself. Just because I also think it's not a good thing to bomb civilian hospitals is in no way changing my stance and you've failed to show that it has. Everyone has their opinions on who's fault it is and I've shown ample outrage towards Hamas and the like for being the aggressors. I realize others believe differently; but if we're to find any solutions we need to move past the blame game. Bombing people into oblivion as an answer was something we as civilized people at one time wanted to move past. That's as simple as I can make it. And before you respond let me just add, no that isn't a weak approach. It would call for doing what you think is impossible. Eliminating the criminal element so the focus can be on the real problems and issues.
    ZeusAres42
  • all4acttall4actt 315 Pts   -  
    If Trump hates Muslims so much why was he able to get the Muslim countries to agree to sign the Abraham accords?  Thanks to Biden the ball was dropped on the completion.  He only tried putting them back together right before the middle east exploded.  The accords being signed was a big contention with Hamas and Iran.  Hamas let be known publicly. @Joeseph
    GiantMan
  • @Factfinder

After countless attempts to explain and simplify my stance to @Bogan, he still thinks my argument is that Israel should stop retaliating in case they harm innocent civilians. That has never been my argument, as you also know.

I also didn't bother engaging much with him regarding the Second World War because, as you are aware, there were a lot of atrocities that happened here that actually preceded things like the Geneva Convention, ICJ, etc. That was kind of a historian fallacy and irrelevant. I do have my opinions here about this war too, but that has nothing to do with this modern-day conflict in the Middle East.

Furthermore, if I remember correctly, he said something about Hamas using children. As for that, this is an ethical dilemma. Unfortunately, regarding this aspect, it's "us or them!" I am not disputing that. And the blood will be on the hands of Hamas; not the Israelis. I don't know if you ever watched the movie about Alan Turing, where there was a scene where he cracked the Enigma code that would have let them save a ship filled with lots of civilians. This presented another ethical dilemma. If they alerted the people on the ship, the Germans would have known that the Enigma code had been cracked. This was a necessary evil that helped win the Second World War.

Now, back to the modern day. My comments were also regarding the criticism that Israel has faced in terms of violating international law, such as killing civilians in surrounding areas that have nothing to do with Hamas. I don't think he gets the principle of proportionality. When engaging in any military operation (and I am assuming you are aware of this, having served), it is of utmost importance that efforts are taken to minimize collateral damage as much as possible. Now, with bodies like IHL and others, it seems like Israel's actions have been somewhat reckless, having no regard for civilians in surrounding areas. According to them, the amount of civilian casualties and deaths appear disproportionate to the amount of effort that should have been taken to avoid this much collateral.

Factfinder

• all4acttall4actt 315 Pts   -  
    I think Isreal needs to do whatever it believes it needs to to defend it's self.  
    ZeusAres42 said:

I don't know if you ever watched the movie about Alan Turing, where there was a scene where he cracked the Enigma code that would have let them save a ship filled with lots of civilians. This presented another ethical dilemma. If they alerted the people on the ship, the Germans would have known that the Enigma code had been cracked. This was a necessary evil that helped win the Second World War.
    This reminds me of the brutally difficult moral dilemma that is sometimes discussed in jurisprudence. The attorney-client privilege is one of the cornerstones of modern law: in simple terms, an attorney representing her client is obliged to keep the communication between them completely confidential - unless said information pertains to the crime that has taken place or is to take place.

Now, suppose the client reveals to the attorney that she regularly sleeps with her husband. Should the attorney be able to confront her husband with this information? My understanding is that the answer is "generally no", unless this information is somehow directly relevant to the case (for example, providing the client accused of murder with an alibi). Yet this answer is extremely unsettling; it feels unjust.

I think that it is very important to consider such ethical dilemmas for they test the limitations of our moral frameworks. Perhaps it is worth considering the possibility that there may be cases in which there is no right answer: in which all answers are terrible, and one just have to choose the flavor of terribleness.
    @ZeusAres42

Now, back to the modern day. My comments were also regarding the criticism that Israel has faced in terms of violating international law, such as killing civilians in surrounding areas that have nothing to do with Hamas. I don't think he gets the principle of proportionality. When engaging in any military operation (and I am assuming you are aware of this, having served), it is of utmost importance that efforts are taken to minimize collateral damage as much as possible. Now, with bodies like IHL and others, it seems like Israel's actions have been somewhat reckless, having no regard for civilians in surrounding areas. According to them, the amount of civilian casualties and deaths appear disproportionate to the amount of effort that should have been taken to avoid this much collateral.

You're quite right. We can't always rely on missiles to do the job. Especially in circumstances like what we see in the middle east where they're going through buildings to get to the tunnels below. I believe highly trained, well armed and skilled teams with the latest in technology and intel locating openings or entrances to the tunnels and flushing them out is feasible. It would require help from around the world in isolating Hamas, like groups, and their sponsors as pariah, leaving them extremely vulnerable to such operations. Everyone condemns what they see as atrocious but no one seems to want to work together to change things.
    @ZeusAres42

I wanted let you know I agreed that some people (Bogan) doesn't appear to grasp the ethical issues of disproportionate civilian casualties. It's like if 'god forbid' someone got murdered in your family. If you in turn murder the entire family of the killer, the killer, and all extended family, you've become a bigger monster.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Factfinder quote   I am neither. You are neither. We are just discussing it on the internet. Though I see no reason to continue.

Of course not.    You thought that this was an easy topic with a black and white morality where you could just strut and preen your moral virtue.       Then I come along and display to you that your thinking is naïve and simplistic.   

Factfinder quote  If you insist on breaking down what someone says sentence by sentence as if they're stand alone remarks thereby warping their meanings instead of considering the intended context of said sentences, you will never understand what people are saying.

I can’t win.     If I take an overview, I am supposedly misquoting you.    And if I break your reply down to what sure looks to me like stand alone premises, you don’t like that either.

Factfinder quote      There comes a time when one must move past assigning blame and seek solutions.

Yeah?    How do you compromise with this mindset?........

Hamas's Charter

Palestine is an Islamic Waqf throughout all generations and to the Day or Resurrection…

…When our enemies usurp some Islamic lands, Jihad becomes a duty binding on all Muslims. In order to face the usurpation of Palestine by the Jews, we have no escape from raising the banner of Jihad. This would require the propagation of Islamic consciousness among the masses on all local, Arab and Islamic levels. We must spread the spirit of Jihad among the [Islamic] Umma, clash with the enemies and join the ranks of the Jihad fighters.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then there is this…..

“It will be a war of annihilation. It will be a momentous massacre in history that will be talked about like the massacres of the Mongols or the crusades." Azzam Pasha, Secretary-General of the Arab League. October 11, 1947.

"This is not a country of humans. These are animals and a group of gangs, this country must be wiped off the face of the earth." Palestinian Authority spokesman Ghazi Hamad.

'Allah wiling, the moment will come when their property will be destroyed and their sons annihilated, until not a single Jew is left on the face of the earth. HAMAS sermon at the Al Aqsa TV April 3, 2009.

"HAMAS would definitely not be prepared to co exist with Israel even if the Zionists returned to their pre 1969 borders." HAMAS leader Mahmoud al-Zahar.

"We will never recognise Israel or cease to fight for our land." Khalid Marshaal, HAMAS Political Chief.

"Israel's days are numbered. The people of the region would not miss the narrowest opportunity to annihilate this criminal regime." Mahmoud Ahmadinejad President of Iran.

“Israel is much smaller than Iran and therefore much more vulnerable to nuclear attack." Former Iranian President Ali Rafsanjani."

Your problem, Factfinder, is that you are a young humanitarian liberal who is convinced that everybody thinks the same way that you do.    It just does not enter your head that Muslims really do want to exterminate Israel and all of the people in it, because they see it as a religious duty that will buy them their ticket to heaven.     You can’t think that way, but they sure do.      And there is no compromise with that sort of thinking.  

Factfinder quote   I have always maintained Israel's right to defend itself.

Provided that they do so in a way that you approve, except you can’t think how that can happen.     But whatever it is, the Israelis must find it and do it.

Factfinder quote  Just because I also think it's not a good thing to bomb civilian hospitals is in no way changing my stance and you've failed to show that it has.

Gee, who is putting words in people’s mouths now?    If HAMAS says that the IDF is bombing hospitals I reflexively think the opposite.      The Gaza front probably has more journalists there than IDF soldiers, and a lot of them are anti Israel.    So, if the IDF had bombed a hospital, it would be fair to say that the left leaning press would have been all over that like a rash.

Factfinder quote   Everyone has their opinions on who's fault it is and I've shown ample outrage towards Hamas and the like for being the aggressors.

But those aggressors that you condemn have got you working for them to try and stop Israel from wiping out the last of them.

Factfinder quote   I realize others believe differently; but if we're to find any solutions we need to move past the blame game.

The only solution is to convert every Islamic country into either Christianity, Buddhism, or Zionism.     Because the problem is their religion.   Got that?    Islam is the problem.     It is a male dominated warriors religion which justifies religious expansion through armed force.   As a vehicle for imperial expansion, it has much to recommend it.     But if you think that Muslims just want peace and they are willing to compromise to get it, then you are down in the garden dancing with the fairies.

Factfinder quote   Bombing people into oblivion as an answer was something we as civilized people at one time wanted to move past.

There you go.    You are thinking like a young liberal who has a full belly, and who lives a comfortable life in a safe and prosperous country, and you think that Muslims think just like you do?    We civilised people do not want war at all, and we just wish that every despot on planet earth would just stay in their own countries and stop causing trouble everywhere in the world.         But just as Lenin said “you may not be interested in war, but war just might be interested in you.”

• FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -   edited March 30
    @Bogan

Of course not.    You thought that this was an easy topic with a black and white morality where you could just strut and preen your moral virtue.       Then I come along and display to you that your thinking is naïve and simplistic. 

LOL This from one who displays the most extremely primitive forms of 'us verse them' mentality imaginable. 
    @Bogan

Of course not.    You thought that this was an easy topic with a black and white morality where you could just strut and preen your moral virtue.

You thought you could read minds and you can't. Ever hear of debating the topic, not the person? 
    ZeusAres42
    @all4actt

Yes I totally forgot how Trump  never stopped complimenting Obama by pointing out that he was really a Muslim .....thanks for reminding me.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Factfinder quote     You thought you could read minds and you can't. Ever hear of debating the topic, not the person? 

Yes I have heard of “debating the subject, not the person.”   And so do not just endlessly abuse my opponents like some low IQ contributors on this site.   But when confronted by opponent who’s opinions are nothing short of delusional, then the only way that you can get them to start figuring out how wrong they are, is to get to the bottom of the way they think.    

Factfinder quote    LOL This from one who displays the most extremely primitive forms of 'us verse them' mentality imaginable. 

When it comes to Islam, then you had better start realising that I am right.    For decades, people like myself have been trying to warn naïve little humanitarians like your good self that importing Muslims into western society would not only result in endless trouble, we could end up in an Israel like situation ourselves where Muslims basically create their own hostile parallel societies.    These societies would amount to separate states within European countries, where terrorism will become so endemic that sooner or later, the Euros themselves will need to do a Gaza.      In Sydney, Australia, the crime filled Muslim suburbs of Sydney have been nicknamed by the police as “the Gaza Strip.”     When a NSW state Premier visited Sydney’s largest mosque at Lakemba, the head off Sunni Muslims in Australia, Sheik al Hilali, greeted the Premier by saying “Welcome to the Islamic Republic of Lakemba.”    It wasn’t a joke.   He meant it. 

Factfinder quote After countless attempts to explain and simplify my stance to @Bogan, he still thinks my argument is that Israel should stop retaliating in case they harm innocent civilians. That has never been my argument, as you also know.

Then the way to prevent any misunderstandings is for you to declare, “My position is this, blah, blah, blah.”     Because if you don’t, then all I have to go on is what you write over time.       And so far, all of your writing so far has been to attack Israel, even to the point of slandering them by accusing them of “carpet bombing” Gaza.    The only times that you have ever kicked HAMAS, is when I have pointed out your double standard.    You would then give HAMAS a kick just to show me how “unbiased” you are.

Factfinder quote  I also didn't bother engaging much with him regarding the Second World War because, as you are aware, there were a lot of atrocities that happened here that actually preceded things like the Geneva Convention, ICJ, etc. That was kind of a historian fallacy and irrelevant. I do have my opinions here about this war too, but that has nothing to do with this modern-day conflict in the Middle East.

The reason why you had better not try to engage with me over the second world war, is because it is a subject which I have studied intensely and I know what I am talking about.     Using WW2 as an historical example, equates precisely with the moral situation that Israel faces today.    In 1945, regardless of the fact that thousands of German civilians were dying under Allied bombing and military actions every day, the Allies were not going to stop until they attained Germany’s unconditional surrender.     Nothing less than the complete destruction of the Nazi regime was acceptable.    Israel is in exactly the same moral situation today as the allies were in 1945, And if you can’t see it, then not only is your knowledge of history appalling, it is necessary to point out to you the moral equivalence so that you can start thinking straight.

Factfinder quote   Furthermore, if I remember correctly, he said something about Hamas using children. As for that, this is an ethical dilemma. Unfortunately, regarding this aspect, it's "us or them!" I am not disputing that.

Boing? Boing?     You said above that I am “one who displays the most extremely primitive forms of 'us verse them' mentality imaginable” and then you announce that, “it's "us or them! I am not disputing that.”       Please ensure that brain is in gear before engaging keyboard.

Factfinder quote      And the blood will be on the hands of Hamas; not the Israelis. I don't know if you ever watched the movie about Alan Turing, where there was a scene where he cracked the Enigma code that would have let them save a ship filled with lots of civilians. This presented another ethical dilemma. If they alerted the people on the ship, the Germans would have known that the Enigma code had been cracked. This was a necessary evil that helped win the Second World War.

I thought that the scene was a perfect example of how morality is rarely black and white?     Moral priorities and moral quandaries almost always exist in real life.     So, just hammering Israel because Israel needs to kill or main Gazan civilians if it is to exterminate HAMAS equates exactly with the moral dilemma which faced the allies in WW2.    Although at the time, the allies never even thought of it that way.   They held the German people responsible for their own misfortune.     But today, we live in a world where some people can only see “oppressors and the oppressed.”    And winners are always the bad guys, and losers always the good guys.      So, if Israel is winning, then they must be the bad guys.   And this from a university educated caste who claim they are intelligent?.   

Factfinder quote      Now, back to the modern day. My comments were also regarding the criticism that Israel has faced in terms of violating international law, such as killing civilians in surrounding areas that have nothing to do with Hamas.

Here we go again.     Israel is the bad guy which you constantly imply, but when challenged, deny.   You only have to look at what happened in WW2 to see how silly your thinking is.     Because in WW2, how the allied front line soldiers treated their enemies depended a lot on how their enemies treated them.     You could have a “gentleman’s war” like in North Africa with Rommel, or you could have total war as you had in the Pacific, where both sides routinely engaged in war crimes.     The Geneva Convention was an agreement written by civilised countries who wanted a formal agreement between all civilised countries as to what the rules should be when they started slaughtering each other.     The whole thing fell to pieces when the Allies realised that Japan in particular was not a civilised country at all, and it had a military code of Bushido, which meant that as far as Japan was concerned, in war there were no holds barred.

Factfinder quote  I don't think he gets the principle of proportionality.

Hahahahaha!     No I don’t!     Please explain how that works?    Does it mean that if HAMAS slaughters 1300 largely unarmed Israeli civilians and rapes 300 Israeli women and children, that Israel is only allowed to slaughter 1300 largely unarmed Gazan civilians and rape 300 Gazan women and children in return?

Factfinder quote  When engaging in any military operation (and I am assuming you are aware of this, having served), it is of utmost importance that efforts are taken to minimize collateral damage as much as possible.

Which is impossible to do when fighting an uncivilized enemy like HAMAS, which not only has no regard for concepts such as the Geneva Convention, it has no regard for even the lives of it’s own civilians.

Factfinder quote     Now, with bodies like IHL and others, it seems like Israel's actions have been somewhat reckless, having no regard for civilians in surrounding areas.

There you go again.   Israel is the bad guy, not HAMAS.    Always imply, but when challenged, deny.     My opinion is, that Israel has a lot more “regard” for the lives of the people in Gaza than HAMAS has.     HAMAS are the bad guys, Factfinder, not Israel.     

Factfinder quote    According to them, the amount of civilian casualties and deaths appear disproportionate to the amount of effort that should have been taken to avoid this much collateral.

According to that logic, the allies in WW2 were the bad guys, not the Nazis or Imperial Japan.

@Bogan

Some quotes are mine, some are not. Can't respond to this
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run. run.
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

Let's start with Israel's illegal occupation.  You think the illegally occupied owes the illegal occupiers anything?  You think the world owes these illegal occupiers anything but their disgust and scorn?  If so, thank you for demonstrating the absolute gross sense entitlement Israeli officials and their mindless supporters have.  They illegally occupy Palestine, throw kids into prison and abuse them there, and they build illegal settlements when they want, and now they're committing genocide.  But you prefer to overlook all that illegal activity and blame the illegally-occupied for the crimes of the illegal occupier building illegal settlements. That kind of loyalty is mindless.

@Bogan

Run? You can't distinguish what I said from someone else. Don't attribute someone else remarks to me, answer me.
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Phite

Phite quote  Let's start with Israel's illegal occupation.  You think the illegally occupied owes the illegal occupiers anything?

Oh hi Dee.   Long time no see.     Glad to see that you have calmed down a bit and you are no longer doing Joseph and Barnadot impersonations.     I don’t really understand your question Dee, I mean Phite?     You and I both know that the Jews have been in Israel/Palestine for 3500 years.     So how that makes them “invaders” is something that you could perhaps explain to me?    Of course, you could say that a lot of Jews only immigrated to Israel recently?   But using that standard, you are implying that all recent immigrants to every country are just invaders.    That is PC unacceptable, Phite, and it could get you “cancelled” by your own social caste of Social Justice Warriors for conduct unbecoming an ideological zealot. 

Phite quote  You think the world owes these illegal occupiers anything but their disgust and scorn? 

All over the world, Phite, there are territorial claims.     The Germans claim Kalimingrad because it is actually East Prussia.    The Spanish claim Gibraltar.    The poles claim a lot of Belorussia.    The Romanians claim a lot of Bulgaria.    The Japanese want their Kurile Islands back.     But none of these nations are stu-pid enough to start a war over it.    And none of them engage in endless terrorism to get what they want.    Only the Arabs go nuts over Israel/Palestine because it is all about religion, Phite.     Islam’s founder hated the Jews, so all Muslims hate the Jews.     And the Muslims really do believe that where a Muslim army has conquered, that is Muslim land forever.   And that applies double for Isreal/Palestine.    When the Arab Muslims conquered Israel/Palestine they tore down the Jews most holy temple and stuck a dirty great mosque on top of it, which was their way of saying that the Jewish faith was finished forever.       It is religious anathema to the Muslims that the Jews have returned for a third time after being expelled twice before.

Phite quote   If so, thank you for demonstrating the absolute gross sense entitlement Israeli officials and their mindless supporters have. 

Why don’t you apply the same logic to the Muslims?     Islam is a religion which justifies religious expansion through war.    As a card carrying Social Justice Warrior you should be condemning Islam.    But somehow you think like the “Queers for Palestine” who support the very people who just happen to be their greatest enemies. 

Phite quote  They illegally occupy Palestine, throw kids into prison and abuse them there, and they build illegal settlements when they want, and now they're committing genocide.

At least the Israelis don’t go around shooting women, kids and babies, and they don’t engage in mass rape.   Which, if you knew anything about military history, just happens to be a popular pastime among Muslim soldiers.    The two US servicewomen captured by the Iraqi Army in Operation Desert Storm were both gang raped. 

Phite quote   But you prefer to overlook all that illegal activity and blame the illegally-occupied for the crimes of the illegal occupier building illegal settlements. That kind of loyalty is mindless.

No.    I just see things a lot different than you do.   I have a different perspective on history.   And anyway, I utterly despise the Muslims.    It is hard to feel sorry for the devotees of a religion which states in it’s own holy book that people like me (and you) should be mutilated or murdered if we do not convert to this evil death cult of a religion. 

@Bogan

You've finally cracked , Phite is American ( I think ) , but hey you do love your fantasies so knock yourself out 
    Phite
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited March 31

Yes, I'm American.  Bogan seems to need to believe that anyone opposed to war crimes against kids and babies in Gaza has to be Muslim.  

And he thinks I'm someone called Dee.  Just another fantasy he thinks helps his point that children and babies in Gaza need to die.  He also overlooks Israeli officials referring to Gazans as old testament Amalekites whom god has told to wipe out completely.  He thinks there's something that justifies Israel's genocide of the people of Gaza.  He thinks that babies and children should have known better than to be born in Gaza and are now getting what's coming to them.  

How spiritual . . .

On a related note, I'm wondering what I'll do if a Native American shows up at my door claiming ownership of my land because his great granddaddy lived on it hundreds of years ago.
    Joeseph
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited March 31
    Bogan said:

At least the Israelis don’t go around shooting women, kids and babies,
    Umm, open your frickin' eyes.  They're doing just that right now.  But you, being a mindless Israel-firster, tend to overlook the murder of kids and babies so long as Israel is the one doing the murdering.
    Joeseph
    @Phite

The guy is a brain dead nut and rabid bigot. It always strikes me as beyond funny the way Jews call anyone who doesn't agree with their slaughtering of Palestinians anti semitic, because Jews suffered in  the holocaust they should be entitled to rape ,pillage and slaughter because of their previous suffering.

Good point about native Americans pretty relevant
    Phite
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Phite ;   Umm, open your frickin' eyes.  They're doing just that right now.  But you, being a mindless Israel-firster, tend to overlook the murder of kids and babies so long as Israel is the one doing the murdering.

I was hoping to have a serious discussion with you, Mr Phite, and maybe get you to start thinking straight.?     But like most little fanatics you are unable to debate politely and in good faith, and when confronted with an opposing view, all you can do is to resort to sneers and insults.     Joseph claims that you are not Dee, but if that is true,  all I can say is that your a doing a great impersonation of that particular character.    This is a debate site.  If all you have is self righteous declarations and insults, nobody is going to want to cross swords with you.         
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ;
    Concerning the political/ideological/theological chasm existing between those who support the Nation of Israel and those who support Palestine/Gaza/HAMAS (Islam)…

For the Record concerning the current conflict between Israel v. Palestine (HAMAS), Lebanon (Hezbollah), Iran (their terrorist, Islamic proxies), Yemen (Houthis) and the political-ideological divide existing within the United States…KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

Concerning Islam,

The demonic root of Palestine’s HAMAS; Lebanon’s Hezbollah; Iran’s other terrorist proxies; Yemen’s Houthis, is the religious cult of Islam. Islam’s “Allah” is Satan masquerading as an angel of light via the Arabic moon god. Islam was founded by a 7th-Century nomadic demon-possessed pedophile murdering thief named Muhammad who plagiarized the Torah to construct the Quran. Islam is a demonic cult of death.

Islam’s root is the act of adultery between Abraham and Hagar producing the “wild ” of a man named Ishmael, the father of the Islmaelites, who are the progenitor of the false prophet, Muhammad. Islam is Satan’s presence within the Realm of Time and physics.

Concerning Allah’s (Satan’s) objectives,

Allah’s (Satan’s) objective is the complete annihilation of Israel’s children and the nullification of the unconditional property covenant Elohim entered into with Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3; Genesis 13:15) as the “Land of Israel” is essential eschatological real estate relevant to the introduction of the Messiah whose primary purpose for entering the Realm of Time was “to destroy the works of the Devil (Allah)” (1 John 3:8b) via a divine battle strategy known as the Gospel of Grace which was first pictured in Genesis 3:21 but ordained “before Time began” (2 Timothy 1:8-10).

Messiah’s purpose for entering the Realm of Time,

Messiah entered the Realm of Time due to an unfathomable angelic rebellion, a rebellion orchestrated by Satan-Allah, that manifest in the Kingdom of Elohim, a rebellion that necessitated a repository for that Kingdom War apart from the Kingdom which under girded the initiation of the Genesis Creation Narrative; this, as Elohim endeavors to restore order and peace to His Kingdom while simultaneously maintaining volitional love with His cherished angelic creation as He deals with the wiles of the Devil via selfless love and sacrifice via the Gospel.

Allah’s obsession with Israel,

Allah’s obsession with the children of Israel and the Land of Israel concerns Satan’s desire to make Elohim a concerning Elohim’s divine, sovereign, promises beginning with Genesis 3:15-21, continuing through Noah, Shem, Abraham; the Hebrew Tribes, Sinai, through Judah, through the prophets, through Messiah into the Age of Grace; the Crucifixion; the Gospel and Great Commission; the New Covenant Church; the Tribulation; the Millennial Kingdom; the judgment of Satan, the Beast, the False prophet, the fallen-rebellious angels/demons interned in Hell, forever; the Judgment of the Condemned intertwined with the purification of the Earth by fire; the creation of a New Heaven and a New Earth and ultimately the eternal placement of the New Jerusalem where the redeemed in Messiah will serve Him in resurrected bodies, forever.

Allah’s tactics,

Allah-Satan has pursued his goal of proving Elohim a through the failures and demonic compromise of the Adamic/Noahic generations resulting in the annihilation of humanity save eight; the failures of Israel’s children to honor Elohim’s covenants, their unbelief/rejection of Messiah, their unfaithfulness with Baal/Molech.

Allah-Satan sought to defile/deter the Messiah through demonic temptation and the horrors of Roman Crucifixion; Allah-Satan was integral to Herod’s slaughter of innocence to murder the Messiah; Allah-Satan assumed he had won victory at Golgotha; Allah-Satan inspired Titus-the 10th-Roman Legion’s destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD; Allah-Satan conspired with Hitler concerning “The Final Solution” and the Jewish Holocaust; Allah-Satan, through his demons, possesses the heart, soul, mind, of every Islamist whose obsessive-compulsive objective in life is the death of every Israeli man, woman and child and the custody of Israel’s property into the hands of Allah’s servants, a Land bordered by the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. Allah’s objective through Islam is the death of anyone who rejects the false prophet Muhammad and his demonic religion of Islam.

Spiritual-Political ramifications of Allah’s presence in Time and Politics, today…The United States…

As we witness the unfathomable rise and presence of antisemitism in the United States and around the World, understand that all we see in the conflict between Israel’s IDF and the armies of Islam is SPIRITUAL in nature; this conflict is nothing more than a physical manifestation of the ongoing Spiritual conflict between good v. evil, Elohim v. Satan.

Also, know that every man and woman who supports the armies of Islam, whether they be represented by Palestine – Jordan – Iran – Lebanon – Yemen or any other Nation – State throughout the World, these are servants of Satan. This is why those in the United States who march for Palestine supporting the terrorist organization of HAMAS and express fervent hatred for Israel; these, overwhelmingly belong to a Political Party that advocates for the murder of babies in the womb; the uncensored and undeterred expansion of sexual perversion throughout American society via LGBTQ objectives which specifically target America’s children and seek the destruction of the Biblical family unit (Allah loathes the Biblical family); this is why Marxism and Progressivism and Abortion and BLM and ANTIFA and DEI and reverse discrimination AKA Affirmative Action mandates, are worshiped like gods among those who identify with the Democrat-Progressive-Marxist-Secular Humanist Party of the United States; therefore, know your enemy.

You will know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:15-20). Elohim is victorious through Messiah Jesus (Revelation 5:5).

ZeusAres42
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  
    Bogan said:

I was hoping to have a serious discussion with you, Mr Phite, and maybe get you to start thinking straight.?       
    No you weren't.  You were hoping to steer the conversation away from you overlooking the cowardly murder of kids and babies so long as Israel is the one doing the murdering because you believe that they're special people and that the bible is their land deed. 

You have nothing to refute the illegality of Israel's occupation, or their illegal settlements, or their immoral practice of throwing kids into prison without charge and abusing them there.  Do you really hate Gazan children and babies that much?

Now let's you and me talk about your skewed perception that a Native American can claim your land because his great great Granddaddy lived on it thousands of years ago.  Should be interesting!
    Joeseph
    Phite said:

Let's start with Israel's illegal occupation.  You think the illegally occupied owes the illegal occupiers anything?  You think the world owes these illegal occupiers anything but their disgust and scorn?  If so, thank you for demonstrating the absolute gross sense entitlement Israeli officials and their mindless supporters have.  They illegally occupy Palestine, throw kids into prison and abuse them there, and they build illegal settlements when they want, and now they're committing genocide.  But you prefer to overlook all that illegal activity and blame the illegally-occupied for the crimes of the illegal occupier building illegal settlements. That kind of loyalty is mindless.
    Could you please explain what legal system you are referring to and in which way the occupation is illegal? Prior to being controlled by Israel, those territories were occupied by the British empire, by the Ottoman Empire prior to that, and by Mamluks prior to that. At what point did the occupation become illegal? And when talking about expelling Israel and returning to the status quo, which of the status quos are we talking about? Should Palestine become a special UK territory again?
    ZeusAres42
    My own country proposed a solution 43 years ago .......Ireland: leading Europe in supporting peace

Ireland was the first European Union Member State to declare that a solution to the conflict in the Middle East had to be based on a fully sovereign Palestinian State, independent of and co-existing with Israel. This statement was made in a joint declaration by the Foreign Ministers of Ireland and Bahrain in 1980.

Since then, every Irish Government has given a high priority to the achievement of a two-state solution, which is now the accepted goal of all international efforts. The Middle East Peace Process remains a key foreign policy priority for the Government. Along with our EU partners, Ireland supports efforts to restart comprehensive negotiations for an overall peace agreement.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Phite

Phite quote  No you weren't.  You were hoping to steer the conversation away from you overlooking the cowardly murder of kids and babies so long as Israel is the one doing the murdering because you believe that they're special people and that the bible is their land deed. 

Just in case it slipped your memory, the Israeli assault on Gaza came about because HAMAS launched a completely unexpected ground assault on Israel, and shot dead mainly Israeli civilians, which consisted of women, children and babies.   They even shot dead hundreds of Israeli youths at a “peace concert.”   When a combatant behaves like that, we in the west call that “total war.”      Which means that nothing less than the complete extermination of the leadership of the hostile force is acceptable, and that means that civilian casualties are secondary to that aim.      Israel is a western country.      Which means that unlike HAMAS, it does not deliberately target civilians.    But in a total war, it is not going to allow the presence of enemy civilians on the battlefield to stop it’s military operation.    Especially since the cowardly HAMAS fighters use their own civilians as human shields.     I love the way that Muslim men pretend that they are brave and heroic soldiers, and then they hide behind their own women and kids when he the bullets start flying, which is as low as a warrior can go.        

Phite quote  You have nothing to refute the illegality of Israel's occupation, or their illegal settlements, or their immoral practice of throwing kids into prison without charge and abusing them there.  Do you really hate Gazan children and babies that much?

When dealing with an enemy who’s stated goal is the complete extermination of your state, which means the complete extermination of you entire people, you can hardly blame the Israelis for engaging in a little ethnic cleansing, especially against Muslims, who have always been the world’s foremost ethnic cleansers.  Where are the Jews in Arab countries?

Phite quote   Now let's you and me talk about your skewed perception that a Native American can claim your land because his great great Granddaddy lived on it thousands of years ago.  Should be interesting!

Well, to start with, I am an Australian, not an American.      If you know anything about Australian aboriginal culture, then you would have to say that the coming of the white man to Australia was the best thing that happened to the aboriginal people in 60,000 years.    Especially if you were an aboriginal female.    Since Israel is the only democracy in the entire Middle East, and the only advanced country in the Middle East, the return of the Jews to their ancestral homeland was the best thing that ever happened to the “Palestinians.”     But this, of course, does not suite your evil imams and ayatollahs.    Mohammad hated the Jews so all Muslims must hate the Jews.    And Israel must be destroyed because it’s stunning social and economic success is an unwelcome reminder of how much Islam has failed its own people.

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited April 1
    Joeseph said:
    My own country proposed a solution 43 years ago .......Ireland: leading Europe in supporting peace

Ireland was the first European Union Member State to declare that a solution to the conflict in the Middle East had to be based on a fully sovereign Palestinian State, independent of and co-existing with Israel. This statement was made in a joint declaration by the Foreign Ministers of Ireland and Bahrain in 1980.

Since then, every Irish Government has given a high priority to the achievement of a two-state solution, which is now the accepted goal of all international efforts. The Middle East Peace Process remains a key foreign policy priority for the Government. Along with our EU partners, Ireland supports efforts to restart comprehensive negotiations for an overall peace agreement.
    That's Irelands Position. Ireland also recognizes Hamas as a terrorist group. Hence my comments earlier about Ireland's position when you were mentioning things about being supportive of Hamas. To reiterate:

@Joeseph

Ireland has not refused to designate Hamas as a terrorist organization. Contrary to some claims, the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs clarified that it is "categorically false" that Ireland refused to acknowledge Hamas as a terrorist group in the EU's statement on the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Indeed, Hamas is listed as a terrorist organization by the European Union, a stance unanimously agreed upon by all member states, including Ireland​ (TheJournal.ie)​.

Argument Topic: Eminent Domaine

There is something about this topic I don't fully understand. When the partition agreement was ratified in the UN was there provisions made for Israeli and Palestinian people who got caught in a country they weren't a part of before the agreement?  You know, when the boundaries were drawn did Israelis get compensation when their homes landed in the Palestinian side? The same question goes for Palestinians who were in the Israeli side? If there was a kind of world eminent Domaine clause used, were people compensated? I can't find much on that specific issue.