frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Reasons for your siding regarding the Israely and Palestine/Hamas Conflict?

124»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ; The Balfour Declaration was a product of our sovereign Creator, not the British or the Zionists...but Elohim. It was necessary that 1948 manifest in preparation for the soon to come Tribulation which Israel will be the primary focus.

Isaiah 66:8-9

English Standard Version

8 Who has heard such a thing?
        Who has seen such things?
    Shall a land be born in one day?
        Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment?
    For as soon as Zion was in labor
        she brought forth her children.

“I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the LORD your God.”  (Amos 9:15)

“I will restore the fortunes of Jacob’s tents and have compassion on his dwellings; the city will be rebuilt on her ruins, and the palace will stand in its proper place.”  (Jeremiah 30:18)

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    It will be a war of annihilation. It will be a momentous massacre in history that will be talked about like the massacres of the Mongols or the crusades." Azzam Pasha, Secretary-General of the Arab League. October 11, 1947.

'Allah wiling, the moment will come when their property will be destroyed and their sons annihilated, until not a single Jew is left on the face of the earth. HAMAS sermon at the Al Aqsa TV April 3, 2009.

"HAMAS would definitely not be prepared to co exist with Israel even if the Zionists returned to their pre 1969 borders." HAMAS leader Mahmoud al-Zahar.

• FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ; The Balfour Declaration was a product of our sovereign Creator, not the British or the Zionists...but Elohim. It was necessary that 1948 manifest in preparation for the soon to come Tribulation which Israel will be the primary focus.

Isaiah 66:8-9

English Standard Version 8 Who has heard such a thing?
        Who has seen such things?
    Shall a land be born in one day?
        Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment?
    For as soon as Zion was in labor
        she brought forth her children.
    “I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the LORD your God.”  (Amos 9:15)
    “I will restore the fortunes of Jacob’s tents and have compassion on his dwellings; the city will be rebuilt on her ruins, and the palace will stand in its proper place.”  (Jeremiah 30:18)

Why did your god need humans to do it? Weak god elf? God didn't do it, humans did.
  • JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -   edited April 2
    @ZeusAres42

Yes I know which is why I posted it up as a possible solution , no one on here is attempting to offer one.

It's also far from the complete story as Ireland is building a case against Israel ...

Ireland will be intervening.

“It is for the court to determine whether genocide is being committed.

"But I want to be clear in reiterating what I have said many times in the last few months; what we saw on 7 October in Israel, and what we are seeing in Gaza now, represents the blatant violation of international humanitarian law on a mass scale.

"It has to stop. The view of the international community is clear. Enough is enough."

That's a statement from our Tánaiste Micheál Martin.

I don't get what point you're trying to make about Hamas, if Hamas are deemed " terrorist" why aren't the state of Israel also deemed " terrorist"?

How is carpet bombing a country under the ridiculous pretence of going after Hamas not an act of terrorism?

It seems anything that's deemed "legl"by a  state with influence is not terrorism. People are still actually pretending that 38,000 men women and children slaughtered by Israeli forces and 79, 000 injured is necessary to achieve the utterly ridiculous pretend goal of getting Hamas.

The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

Not one person on here can explain why the IRA campaigns were wrong but the British occupation of Ireland and brutalistion of the Irish was right or as I recently asked why was dropping two atomic bombs on Japan morally right and not an act of terrorism?

No one on here will explain the difference all just go silent and sound exactly like religious individuals who at least cite god as their excuse.

If it boils down to a purely moral position then we can see that the prevailing moral postion of those participating  are categories of emotivism.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6055 Pts   -  
    Joeseph said:

Not one person on here can explain why the IRA campaigns were wrong but the British occupation of Ireland and brutalistion of the Irish was right or as I recently asked why was dropping two atomic bombs on Japan morally right and not an act of terrorism?
    I am not sure what the point is comparing different events from different regions and timelines. I think I have done a decent job drawing distinctions between the IRA and Israeli actions, and similarities between the IRA and Hamas' actions - but these still are questionable comparisons to make. To your concrete points:
    • I do not know enough about the British occupation of Ireland to have an opinion on it. I cannot know everything, and even though I have been a pretty devoted student of history, I tend to focus on the regions I am interested in the most. In my case that would be East Asia. I believe I can provide informed opinions on the Japanese occupations, or Taiwanese independence, or Korean split - but with respect to Ireland and the UK I am quite clueless.
    • I think that dropping the atomic bombs on Japan falls under the definition of terrorism. However, that was an operation finishing off a very long war in which millions of soldiers and tens of millions of civilians died. It seems quite different to me from a bunch of guys picking up knives and starting to kill everyone on a crowded street. Context matters.
    You try to paint it as some kind of hypocrisy of your debate opponents, not considering the possibility that they may be perfectly consistent in their reasoning and simply arrive at different conclusions than you.
  • Joeseph said:
    @ZeusAres42

Yes I know which is why I posted it up as a possible solution , no one on here is attempting to offer one.

It's also far from the complete story as Ireland is building a case against Israel ...

Ireland will be intervening.

“It is for the court to determine whether genocide is being committed.

"But I want to be clear in reiterating what I have said many times in the last few months; what we saw on 7 October in Israel, and what we are seeing in Gaza now, represents the blatant violation of international humanitarian law on a mass scale.

"It has to stop. The view of the international community is clear. Enough is enough."

That's a statement from our Tánaiste Micheál Martin.

I don't get what point you're trying to make about Hamas, if Hamas are deemed " terrorist" why aren't the state of Israel also deemed " terrorist"?

How is carpet bombing a country under the ridiculous pretence of going after Hamas not an act of terrorism?

It seems anything that's deemed "legl"by a  state with influence is not terrorism. People are still actually pretending that 38,000 men women and children slaughtered by Israeli forces and 79, 000 injured is necessary to achieve the utterly ridiculous pretend goal of getting Hamas.

The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

No one on here will explain the difference all just go silent and sound exactly like religious individuals who at least cite god as their excuse.

If it boils down to a purely moral position then we can see that the prevailing moral postion of those participating  are categories of emotivism.

I find Ireland's position reasonable and respectable. It is clear that Ireland does not condone the war crimes comitted by Israel. At the same time it is also clear that they not condone the actions of Hamas which they also recognize as a terrororist group. This is a reasonable and respectable stance to me. 

What is not reasonable to me is either the justificaion of interantional war crimes, nor the support for an internationally recognize terrororis organisation. 
    JoesephFactfinder

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph ;    Not one person on here can explain why the IRA campaigns were wrong but the British occupation of Ireland and brutalistion of the Irish was right or as I recently asked why was dropping two atomic bombs on Japan morally right and not an act of terrorism?

Well, I could explain it to you.  , But since you can not debate without frothing at the mouth and hurling insults all over the place, then you ae not worth debating with.      
  • JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

Well, I could explain it to you.

No you couldn't 

, But since you can not debate without frothing at the mouth and hurling insults all over the place, then you ae not worth debating with.    

Thats not true i, n fact the last time I tried to communicate with you your best reponse was " you're a queer a terrorist and a leftist", I will engage respectfully  if I'm given the same respect this unfortunately rarely happens and never witn you as most members will agree.
    @MayCaesar

I am not sure what the point is comparing different events from different regions and timelines

Well for one they present "moral" questions  and  situations that are comparable regards human lives and the value different agents put upon them.

. I think I have done a decent job drawing distinctions between the IRA and Israeli actions, and similarities between the IRA and Hamas' actions - but these still are questionable comparisons to make. To your concrete points:

Well you said the IRA were scum and people who supported it were also , is that an accurate assessment of part of what you stated?

If not just say so.

• I do not know enough about the British occupation of Ireland to have an opinion on it.

But you had very strong views on it as in your statement above where you basically demonised a whole nation for supporting the IRA .

You cannot in fairness meaningfully offer an opinion on the Irish situation without at least knowing a little regards the background,  that's an extremely biased way of making the judgement you made regards the IRA.

• . I cannot know everything, and even though I have been a pretty devoted student of history, I tend to focus on the regions I am interested in the most. In my case that would be East Asia. I believe I can provide informed opinions on the Japanese occupations, or Taiwanese independence, or Korean split - but with respect to Ireland and the UK I am quite clueless.

I respect that honesty , what I object to is the sweeping judgement regards your previous comments.

Feel free to tell me what errors you find in my position  but please don't claim I'm making emotional arguments like last time  you're better than that.

• I think that dropping the atomic bombs on Japan falls under the definition of terrorism.

Yes I agree if one accepts the definition of terrorism. Tell me this let's say we agree  Hamas committed an act of terrorism by killing 1, 500 people in the first attack, Israel so far has killed 35,000 in response is that also an act of terrorism? If not why not.

•  However, that was an operation finishing off a very long war in which millions of soldiers and tens of millions of civilians died.
    We agree its terrorism, people carrying it out will always defend why they carried it out it doesn't lessen the savagery of the act.

•  It seems quite different to me from a bunch of guys picking up knives and starting to kill everyone on a crowded street. Context matters.
    Content does, the fact remains they are all value judgements and will be "justified"  by the agents carrying them out the " rightness", " wrongness" are personal opinions nothing more.

You try to paint it as some kind of hypocrisy of your debate opponents,

I'm actually attempting ( and keep trying) to get people to explain the reasoning that leads to one action being deemed  " moral " and another " immoral" , if the views of my opponents are in my view hypocritical I try point it out if I'm mistaken please tell me how?

not considering the possibility that they may be perfectly consistent in their reasoning and simply arrive at different conclusions than you.

It's possible I agree,  so point out where I'm going wrong?
  • Joeseph said:
    @Bogan

, But since you can not debate without frothing at the mouth and hurling insults all over the place, then you ae not worth debating with.    

Thats not true i, n fact the last time I tried to communicate with you your best reponse was " you're a queer a terrorist and a leftist", I will engage respectfully  if I'm given the same respect this unfortunately rarely happens and never witn you as most members will agree.

He tends do this even when you are talking about things you agree on with him. 

Joeseph

@ZeusAres42

That's what makes him more hilarious I agreed with him 2 weeks ago on 1 point and he launched into me ....
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Hi Zeus.     Since you are continuing your personal attacks on me, I have decided to not let you off the hook.     When maxx stated that everybody is racist, you in effect said that he was wrong.   So, I set you are question that would prove that maxx is right, and that you are wrong.     The question is, that there are only two racist explanations for why the same notorious ethnicities are always crime prone and welfare dependent in every advanced and competitive western society in which they inhabit.    These are,   

1.    It is all the white guys fault.

2.    Races are different with different strengths or weaknesses caused by their genetic differences which came about from adapting to the environments which they evolved in.

If your premise, that not everybody is racist is correct, then I would love to know which racist explanation do you support?     And if you claim that you are not racist, then the onus is upon you submit another credible non racist explanation to explain away this self evident reality.      You are in a pickle.   If you can not think up a credible non racist explanation to explain away minority dysfunction, then your only option would be to pick one of the two racist explanations.    or the other.   Which makes you a racist.    So, to get out of the corner which you have painted yourself in, all you have to do is admit that maxx was right.

Continuing to dodge reasonable questions is not a good look, Zeus.   It kinda makes you look sly and  dishonest. 

ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6055 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph

The reason I did not reply to your last comment towards me was exactly because you put a lot of claims and beliefs in my mouth such as that I "worship Suu Kyi" or, like now, "demonize entire nation". I simply have no interest in explaining that I do not hold views that someone randomly attributed to me. If my opponent cannot read my comments thoughtfully, then I will move on to someone else.

I will give it one more shot here, as an exception.
    • I do not think that the IRA are all scum and that all people who support the IRA are scum. I think that the IRA members who performed terrorist attacks were scum, and people who support their actions are scum. There are certainly people who do not support the particular methods IRA employed, but support the cause - and while I still disagree with those people, I do not consider them morally inferior to me.
    • I am not sure what nation I demonized when I did not talk about any nations at all. At least I hope that not everyone in Ireland supported the IRA's terrorist attacks... Please correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps I have had a much better view of the Irish people than I should have? As for being informed, I was not even interested in discussing the IRA - but you brought it up in the context of the discussion of Israel and Palestine, so I had to say what I can on the matter.
    • I do not know if I am better than pointing out when it is clear to me that someone is, at least partially, operating on strong emotions. Or if not doing so makes one "better" in general. I want people to tell me when I am coming from the wrong place, and by the same token I tell them when they are.
    • "Terrorism" is characterized by inducing civilian casualties intentionally with the purpose of intimidating the population. It is not characterized by the number of victims. This is what makes Hamas' actions terroristic and Israeli actions not terroristic.
    • I do not think that moral judgements are just personal opinions. If they are and there is no rational way to talk about them, then this discussion is a complete waste of everyone's time.
    I will add that I have little regard for "nations" and "peoples". I care about the individuals. That is why "sovereignty of nation" does not mean much to me: North-Koreans are not exactly sovereign individuals, and the fact that their country is "sovereign" with respect to other countries does not make any difference in their lives - in fact, "sovereignty" takes away from their individual sovereignty because the North-Korean government prevents everyone else from trying to help those people.

I do not give a flying duck about sovereignty of Ireland, or the UK, or Israel, or Palestine in themselves. To me it is all about what makes the individual living on those territories free. I do not know enough about the background behind the UK-Ireland conflict to know which government would make the life of people on the contested territories better: I suspect that it is the UK government, but I may be wrong.
    But with the Israel-Palestine it is pretty straightforward. Just consider two scenarios:
    1. Hamas and Fatah unconditionally surrender tomorrow and cedes the territories to the Israeli government.
    2. Israel unconditionally surrenders tomorrow and cedes the territory to Hamas and Fatah.
    What would result in each case? If you think that the consequences of these two scenarios would be even remotely comparable, then I do not know how this conversation is going to lead anywhere. To me it is clear that Fatah and especially Hamas are some of the vilest organizations in charge of anything on Earth right now, while the Israeli government, with all of its flaws, is among the better governments out there. For one, it seems to be a more benevolent government than any other government on the entire Middle East. So if Israel miraculously took under control the entirety of the Middle East, I would only celebrate it.

When I lived in Russia, I proposed that the Russian territory is given over to Japan, the US and the EU to be run as a special territory. That did not get me many friends... Yet to me it seems absolutely sensible that if Russians cannot for the life of them establish a proper government, then they are better off being run by a more modern and civilized foreign government. "Sovereignty"? From whom? The people are ruled by a bunch of totalitarian thugs. Is Putin's rule somehow more just than, say, Japanese rule because he happens to be Russian? To me these things do not matter one bit.
    Factfinder
  • JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -   edited April 4
    @MayCaesar

The reason I did not reply to your last comment towards me was exactly because you put a lot of claims and beliefs in my mouth such as that I "worship Suu Kyi" or, like now, "demonize entire nation". I simply have no interest in explaining that I do not hold views that someone randomly attributed to me. If my opponent cannot read my  thoughtfully, then I will move on to someone else.

You baulk at the terms I use yet accuse me of emotionalism despite me saying I'm not , so if you're going to keep insisting I am why don't you apply the same rationale regards your own comments?

Ok " worship "is a tad strong do  you deny an admiration for Suu Kyi?  It's truly remarkable anyone holds this view given her history.

Also your remarks about the Irish to me are pretty damning even in this piece you claim ........I do not know enough about the background behind the UK-Ireland conflict to know which government would make the life of people on the contested territories better: I suspect that it is the UK government, but I may be wrong..........

That is a truly appalling and insulting  remark and made worse by admitting you know nothing about the background,. Did you ever ever hear of the Irish famine and how it came about?

This is equivalent of saying "I know nothing of the Stalin era but I know Stalin and his goverment  would make the life of people better "

You seem to make throwaway statements like this but cannot comprehend when I would object to such.

Lets cut to the chase here ........you say ........... 

I do not think that moral judgements are just personal opinions...........

If they're not  what are they?

Are you saying that you can derive an "ought" from an "is " ,and its not a personal opinion?

You have made a list of statements regards your preferences on moral questions regarding the " right" and " wrong" of the positions you hold , if they are not subjective and personal what are they?

If they are and there is no rational way to talk about them, then this discussion is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Again thats another statement thats simply not true , because moral opinions / judgements are based on subjective views it doesn't follow that rational discussion cannot take place on such.

We view peoples actions as being " right" or " wrong" but the value is not intrinsic to the actions its based on how we react emotionally to what we observe.

We view the world through our own morality spectacles unless you disagree and think the value we think is "out there" is not added by our emotional spectacles.

The world in itself is really value free if you disagree I'm  interested to know how do we detect these moral properties?

If "wrongness " , " rightness" is an objective property how do we detect it?

FactfinderPhite
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    Palestine-Hamas-Iran-Yemen's Houthi scum-Lebanon's Hezbollah...these are demons in flesh...eradicate them and send them to Hell.