frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

"Unfair universe" paradox

Debate Information

Having an incredibly enlightening conversation with ChatGPT regarding challenging and refining one's positions, I came across a very bizarre mental experiment that made me stumped. All attempts to make any progress in analyzing it felt like me only digging a deeper hole for myself.

Consider that Universe is fundamentally "unfair", that it somehow rewards holding false beliefs. For instance, let us say there are two forms of afterlife: Elysium (a place of eternal serenity and peace), and Abyss (a place of eternal pain and torment). Those who believe that 2+2=4 or are agnostic about it end up in Abyss, and those who believe that 2+2 equals to any other number end up in Elysium.
Consider further that some programmer hacked into the "matrix" and learned that, beyond a reasonable doubt, we live in such Universe.
Now, we all know that, beyond any doubt, 2+2=4. However, learning this would pose a dilemma for us. If we keep persisting in holding that 2+2=4, then our fate is infinitely horrible. In order to secure a better fate, we need to find a way to convince ourselves that 2+2=3 or something else. Giving the direness of the situation, we probably could come up with a strategy to reliably convince ourselves of that through intense self-brainwashing. However, it is reasonable to expect that such self-brainwashing would result in incredible degradation of our mental faculty, to the point where, perhaps, we no longer even understand what it means to believe something - making our newfound belief that 2+2=3 inconsequential. So, perhaps, this would not save us from the Abyss. And even if it did save us from the Abyss, it would make our lives a living hell, considering how full of lies they would be. We would likely have to lie to ourselves and each other about everything, in order to reconcile our other beliefs with 2+2=3. Lie itself would have to become the highest moral virtue in that world.

What can we say about this situation? What would be the moral thing to do, and does it even make sense to talk about "morality" in the Universe which seems to be fundamentally turned against us?

Certain schools of religion see holding faith despite any "reality checks" challenging it as the highest virtue. When the Universe does everything it can to tell you that there are no spirits protecting you from harm, you still are supposed to believe that there are, that they just have a higher plan for you - and if you manage to do that, you become a saint.
Many totalitarian systems also promote this type of thinking, which George Orwell aptly called "doublethink". In the Soviet Union frequently people who used to be highly praised for their scientific or cultural contributions overnight were changed into villains, and everyone was expected to pretend that they had always considered them to be villains, despite direct evidence of the contrary. People were expected to find a way to convince themselves that their memories are false, and they usually would find one.

This makes me wonder that, perhaps, this mental experiment is not that out there. We are frequently encouraged to make mental compromises in favor of certain benefits such as social acceptance. Perhaps, the Universe is already "unfair" in this respect? Or maybe we make it "unfair" by believing that it is "unfair" and acting accordingly? Much like people in totalitarian states who say, "If I speak up, no one else will, and I will simply end up in jail - so I will keep silent", keep the regime running, even if in reality everyone wants to speak up. Or in regular social situations people are afraid of being themselves and put on socially acceptable masks, while, perhaps, if a significant fraction of people stopped doing it, then everyone else would follow suit.

Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting topic to discuss. :)
FactfinderGiantMan

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited April 7
    MayCaesar said:
    Having an incredibly enlightening conversation with ChatGPT regarding challenging and refining one's positions, I came across a very bizarre mental experiment that made me stumped. All attempts to make any progress in analyzing it felt like me only digging a deeper hole for myself.

Consider that Universe is fundamentally "unfair", that it somehow rewards holding false beliefs. For instance, let us say there are two forms of afterlife: Elysium (a place of eternal serenity and peace), and Abyss (a place of eternal pain and torment). Those who believe that 2+2=4 or are agnostic about it end up in Abyss, and those who believe that 2+2 equals to any other number end up in Elysium.
    Consider further that some programmer hacked into the "matrix" and learned that, beyond a reasonable doubt, we live in such Universe.
    Now, we all know that, beyond any doubt, 2+2=4. However, learning this would pose a dilemma for us. If we keep persisting in holding that 2+2=4, then our fate is infinitely horrible. In order to secure a better fate, we need to find a way to convince ourselves that 2+2=3 or something else. Giving the direness of the situation, we probably could come up with a strategy to reliably convince ourselves of that through intense self-brainwashing. However, it is reasonable to expect that such self-brainwashing would result in incredible degradation of our mental faculty, to the point where, perhaps, we no longer even understand what it means to believe something - making our newfound belief that 2+2=3 inconsequential. So, perhaps, this would not save us from the Abyss. And even if it did save us from the Abyss, it would make our lives a living hell, considering how full of lies they would be. We would likely have to lie to ourselves and each other about everything, in order to reconcile our other beliefs with 2+2=3. Lie itself would have to become the highest moral virtue in that world.

What can we say about this situation? What would be the moral thing to do, and does it even make sense to talk about "morality" in the Universe which seems to be fundamentally turned against us?

Certain schools of religion see holding faith despite any "reality checks" challenging it as the highest virtue. When the Universe does everything it can to tell you that there are no spirits protecting you from harm, you still are supposed to believe that there are, that they just have a higher plan for you - and if you manage to do that, you become a saint.
    Many totalitarian systems also promote this type of thinking, which George Orwell aptly called "doublethink". In the Soviet Union frequently people who used to be highly praised for their scientific or cultural contributions overnight were changed into villains, and everyone was expected to pretend that they had always considered them to be villains, despite direct evidence of the contrary. People were expected to find a way to convince themselves that their memories are false, and they usually would find one.

This makes me wonder that, perhaps, this mental experiment is not that out there. We are frequently encouraged to make mental compromises in favor of certain benefits such as social acceptance. Perhaps, the Universe is already "unfair" in this respect? Or maybe we make it "unfair" by believing that it is "unfair" and acting accordingly? Much like people in totalitarian states who say, "If I speak up, no one else will, and I will simply end up in jail - so I will keep silent", keep the regime running, even if in reality everyone wants to speak up. Or in regular social situations people are afraid of being themselves and put on socially acceptable masks, while, perhaps, if a significant fraction of people stopped doing it, then everyone else would follow suit.

Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting topic to discuss. :)
    It seems to me that if you have understood your 'universe' correctly then there is no Elysium nor Abyss.  The universe could not be claimed to be unfair, because it is just a material universe responding accordingly.  It would have no intentions of good or evil. 

But if however you are wrong in your perceptions of the universe then it seems your premises are also very wrong.  For example, if Christianity is true, then you are wrong about why someone goes to Elysium or the Abyss.  it is not because they failed to believe, but because of their sins they go to the Abyss.  No one goes to the abyss because they didn't believe in God, but because of their own sin.  That's an important distinction.  This means that the universe is ultimately fair and that each person is rewarded or punished according to their own conduct and choices.  Further, if Christianity is true, then you have wrongly assessed the evidence for God and for Christianity.  While you claimed that the evidence of the resurrection was lacking, in reality, it would mean, your belief in the wrong universe kept you from believing what was indeed true.  It would also suggest that you have inverted which universe is operating on truth and which is not.   You would have placed your faith in a lie.
    GiantMan
  • FactfinderFactfinder 778 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

And what a paradox it is. 2+2=3 that is. We all know we have vulnerabilities but oh how we love it to discover our neighbor has one as well. We all dawn our masks and hope for the best. If only we could learn as a species to put down our masks and strive for the best instead.  
    GiantMan
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6055 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

You make some interesting points, but I do not think that you really engaged with the mental experiment I proposed. In it, it is known for a fact (or as close to a fact as human mind can approach) that the Universe works the way I described. The question that is what implications it has on one's optimal thinking, for the lack of the better term, and, further, whether those implications apply to our Universe as well. And I do not disagree that the Universe cannot be claimed to be unfair, hence why I wrote "quote unfair unquote".

@Factfinder

Something I found to generally be true is that realizing that other people have the same vulnerabilities as we do opens a pathway to a deep connection. We relate to each other through shared emotions and experiences, and there are few ones as close to our soul and, simultaneously, as universal as our deepest fears and insecurities.

This story someone wrote on Quora seriously affected my perception of other people a few years back. A girl described her former classmate who was extremely popular among both girls and guys, always got perfect grades, had rich parents - and just overall seemed to get everything in life for free. She (the storyteller) envied her and disliked her.
    One day they had an assignment in class: to come in front of the class and share something that people did not know about them. So the popular girl comes up and starts telling everyone about her having incredibly low self-worth, fighting her inner demons every day and losing, but putting out the fake front making it look like everything was peachy in her life.
    It is very important to remember that, whatever we are struggling with, likely everyone else has struggled with or will struggle with at some point. And just because someone posts daily Instagram photos appearing to live a life free of hardships does not imply that they do not have many-many skeletons in their closet.
    GiantMan
    @MayCaesar

That's what makes it an unfair paradox. Keep your masks on you never bond in a meaningful way with anyone, but you hide your vulnerabilities. Take it off and you could gain a deep connection, and you'd be very vulnerable. All psychological curtains we carefully guard.
    MayCaesarGiantMan
  • JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -   edited April 7
    Consider that Universe is fundamentally "unfair", that it somehow rewards holding false beliefs. For instance, let us say there are two forms of afterlife: Elysium (a place of eternal serenity and peace), and Abyss (a place of eternal pain and torment). Those who believe that 2+2=4 or are agnostic about it end up in Abyss,

I was told more or less the same thing thing as a child and a former Catholic as in the torments that awaited me if I didn't accept the truths being told me , worse still I was sending myself to Hell by choice for not accepting the truth.

It's impossible to force yourself into believing something if it doesn't feel right inside , you can pretend,  but a god or the system would know you're pretending .

We can be swayed to change our minds if convinced by evidence but that's rare as I think ego gets in the way as we all think.we reached our views through solid  reasoning where to be brutally honest we are just as unreasonable and unbiased as the next.

What you're asking is much more than just changing positions its a denial of reality,  can you convince yourself you're gay? 

Your question seems to be akin to this as in its a denial of core belief.

Humans to me cannot survive without beingg deceitful.and dishonest , humans are the most violent ,selfish, irrational and destructive  thing on the planet., this realisation is to me is  liberating.

Everyone must wear a mask and play the game your survival depends on it. Most humans work in jobs they detest and can rarely be themselves society more or less keeps most firmly in their place or one is cancelled, fired , ostracised.

Thankfully I'm 20 years now doing as I please and answer to no one , very few get that chance and are basically in a prison of their own making and pretending they're free.

There is no  morality there is only approval / disapproval if anyone can prove otherwise I'm listening. 

GiantMan
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 13
    interesting  . First if the universe were unfair in the way as suggested; then logic alone dictates that either the universe is a conscious being or there is one behind it that directs such unfairness. .Also humans would have to believe or be shown proof of one, for without proof, weather we believe that 2 and 2 equals any number is a mute point. One would have to have indirect or direct knowledge that we would go to heaven or hades depending on what we believe; that if i believe the truth, i would end up in hades; yet of i believe otherwise, after my demise, i would have a heavenly reward. Indirect knowledge would be a belief in books, which is not any different than religion. Direct knowledge would be from the consciousness entity itself and would have to be world wide. So If i had such direct knowledge that if i were to believe what my senses and brain know as to be actually true; yet knowing I would go to blazes for doing so, I would gladly choose the false beliefs after my demise to achieve a better reward; for after all, if such an entity existed; then this world would mean much of nothing in the long run and even though i would be forced to believe in a falsity, i would do so. @MayCaesar
    GiantMan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

Given the number of stu-pid “debates” on Debate Island that nobody is even bothering to contribute to, it looks like it is up to me again to get things moving?      Although, since I have categorised MayCaesar and Factfinder as trolls who have no intention of debating honestly, and who’s are only interest is in stifling debate on the topic of “Are Races Equal”, it like it is over to you, Maxx?    

The premise for this debate is that intelligent people, like MayCaesar, Factfinder, and Maxx believe that 2+2 equals 4, and religious people like “just- sayin” think that 2+2 equals 3?

Okay, let’s look at that.     By any application of reasoned logic, it is screamingly obvious that races are not equal.      Yet MayCaesar, Factfinder, and Max refuse to discus this subject on it’s merits.      They think up every dirty tactic that they can think of to prevaricate, muddy the water, refuse to acknowledge the simplest of connections, and worse still, refuse to to even submit any argument supporting their religious belief that all races are equal.        So, I find it amusing that they are attacking poor old “just-sayin” for his religious convictions, when they have exactly the same religious conviction on a topic which they themselves so desperately want to believe is true.     I think that this way of thinking is essential to religious belief.   You so desperately want to believe in a fantasy, be it a religious fantasy, or a social fantasy, that you simply stop thinking rationally about it.    And when somebody like me comes along and makes you think rationally about it, you stick you fingers in your ears and shout NANANANANANA!

I will give the devil “just-sayin” his due.       At least he debates honestly and admits that his beliefs are the result of his religious convictions.     Maxx, MayCaesar, and factfinder, on the other hand, display exactly the same religious beliefs as “just-sayin” of the subject of whether races are equal, yet they act superior to “just-sayin” and pretend that they are his intellectual superiors because they pretend to think differently. 

FactfinderZeusAres42
    @Bogan

Given the number of stu-pid “debates” on Debate Island that nobody is even bothering to contribute to, it looks like it is up to me again to get things moving?      Although, since I have categorised MayCaesar and Factfinder as trolls who have no intention of debating honestly, and who’s are only interest is in stifling debate on the topic of “Are Races Equal”, it like it is over to you, Maxx?    

Meaning the the facts truth and reality based logic we present destroys your bias erroneous assertions in all the debates you consistently lose. So you get mad, call people trolls and whine about it like right now. :) Ever consider debating legitimately?
    BoganGiantMan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    People who have religious mindsets like Factfinder, who want to believe in social fantasies because they most fervently wish that they were true, usually resort to the three monkeys rule. : First deny, deny, deny,  then pass the buck, and if that doesn't work, shoot the messenger
    FactfinderZeusAres42GiantMan
    @Bogan

So your answer is 'no' you never tried debating legitimately. 
    ZeusAres42
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    actually mr bogan, lay off the bottle on here. You and I completely failed to get anywhere on race. I agreed that certain cultures were not equal and people are not equal; but there is no way biologically nor scientifically have you proven there is more than one race. I have shown that biologists and proven than there are not enough genetic differences.  Aside from that, this topic of mays is not even about race. @Bogan
    FactfinderGiantMan
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The premise of the debate is false - the universe is not unfair

Just-sayin said:

It seems to me that if you have understood your 'universe' correctly then there is no Elysium nor Abyss.  The universe could not be claimed to be unfair, because it is just a material universe responding accordingly.  It would have no intentions of good or evil. 
    But if however you are wrong in your perceptions of the universe then it seems your premises are also very wrong.  For example, if Christianity is true, then you are wrong about why someone goes to Elysium or the Abyss.  it is not because they failed to believe, but because of their sins they go to the Abyss.  No one goes to the abyss because they didn't believe in God, but because of their own sin.  That's an important distinction.  This means that the universe is ultimately fair and that each person is rewarded or punished according to their own conduct and choices.  Further, if Christianity is true, then you have wrongly assessed the evidence for God and for Christianity.  While you claimed that the evidence of the resurrection was lacking, in reality, it would mean, your belief in the wrong universe kept you from believing what was indeed true.  It would also suggest that you have inverted which universe is operating on truth and which is not.   You would have placed your faith in a lie.

If there is no God, there is no Elysium or Abyss.  The universe is just matter responding to different physical reactions.  There is no intention of good or evil by the universe, so it would be wrong to say that it is 'unfair'.  If there is a God, specifically the Christian one, then it could not be said to be unfair, because moral precepts of good and evil come from God who judges man by his own conduct - not according to his lack of knowledge. Man is punished for His sin, He doesn't go to the abyss because he didn't believe in God.   

In neither scenario is the universe 'unfair'.  Some may not like it, from their personal perspective, but they have failed to show that the universe treated them in a way that is not keeping with its promises.
    GiantMan
    @just_sayin

Man is punished for His sin, He doesn't go to the abyss because he didn't believe in God.   

That goes directly against what your bible teaches. Without belief in god, (as you said, specifically the christian god) there is no forgiveness of sin. Indeed it is not sin that sends one to hell according to your cult, it failing to believe in god that sends you there...

Luke 23:39-43: 39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

And Revelation 21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

GiantMan
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited April 16
    @just_sayin

Man is punished for His sin, He doesn't go to the abyss because he didn't believe in God.   

That goes directly against what your bible teaches. Without belief in god, (as you said, specifically the christian god) there is no forgiveness of sin. Indeed it is not sin that sends one to hell according to your cult, it failing to believe in god that sends you there...

Luke 23:39-43: 39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

And Revelation 21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

The wages of sin (or punishment) is death (to be separated from God).  A newborn who dies, does not believe in God, yet she will not be punished for her lack of belief. While I am sure hell will have many unbelievers in it, God judges people according to their actions (as if you read Revelation 20 all the way through, you know). 

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. - Rev 20:11-12

While we are saved by faith, we are punished by what we have done.  
    GiantMan
    @just_sayin

The wages of sin (or punishment) is death (to be separated from God).  A newborn who dies, does not believe in God, yet she will not be punished for her lack of belief. While I am sure hell will have many unbelievers in it, God judges people according to their actions (as if you read Revelation 21 all the way through, you know).  While we are saved by faith, we are punished by what we have done.  
    This is why people question your motives. You don't think I read the whole verse? "Unbelievers" are cast in hell. Do you dispute that? You have no idea how god would supposedly treat an infant who dies. After all only it could know if the child was good before it was formed in the womb or bad, which is meaningless as the question would be would the baby have believed or not? That's how predestination works. Jerimiah was ordained before he was formed in the womb to be a prophet of god, remember? Then you have your statement above saying "we are saved by faith". that's what I said. If we're punished for what we do then believers still deserve punishment but because they have that faith they're not.

The thief on cross who believed was saved, another thief who didn't believe was not saved from the abyss. Why did you ignore the scriptures I provided? You know as well as I do being saved by faith sets the precedent of believing in god. Not being punished for being bad; as the two thieves on the crosses next to Jesus pointed out and Paul reaffirmed...

Ephesians 2:8&9: 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

So Just_sayin, are you boasting you were never fearful? Never lied in your life? Never stole a thing? Or are you saved from the abyss because you believe in god? The god of the bible is about seeking faithful worshippers above all else.

GiantMan
    @just_sayin

The wages of sin (or punishment) is death (to be separated from God).  A newborn who dies, does not believe in God, yet she will not be punished for her lack of belief. While I am sure hell will have many unbelievers in it, God judges people according to their actions (as if you read Revelation 21 all the way through, you know).  While we are saved by faith, we are punished by what we have done.  
    This is why people question your motives. You don't think I read the whole verse? "Unbelievers" are cast in hell. Do you dispute that? You have no idea how god would supposedly treat an infant who dies. After all only it could know if the child was good before it was formed in the womb or bad, which is meaningless as the question would be would the baby have believed or not? That's how predestination works. Jerimiah was ordained before he was formed in the womb to be a prophet of god, remember? Then you have your statement above saying "we are saved by faith". that's what I said. If we're punished for what we do then believers still deserve punishment but because they have that faith they're not.

The thief on cross who believed was saved, another thief who didn't believe was not saved from the abyss. Why did you ignore the scriptures I provided? You know as well as I do being saved by faith sets the precedent of believing in god. Not being punished for being bad; as the two thieves on the crosses next to Jesus pointed out and Paul reaffirmed...

Ephesians 2:8&9: 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

So Just_sayin, are you boasting you were never fearful? Never lied in your life? Never stole a thing? Or are you saved from the abyss because you believe in god? The god of the bible is about seeking faithful worshippers above all else.

You should know we have all sinned.  Salvation is not because we deserve it.  It is a gift of God.  Do you think that unfair?  For it to be unfair it would have to rejected by one involved.  Is God as the judge, and the one who was sinned against, willing to allow the debt to be paid by Jesus' sacrifice?  Yep.  So no problem there.  Was Jesus willing to be that sacrifice?  Yep.  Are you willing to accept Jesus paying the debt you owe by acknowledging what he's done, and your need for it?  If yes, then God allows that agreement.  But rest assured that if you don't want Jesus to pay the price for your sins, and not willing to ask for it and acknowledge your need for it, and you would rather stand before God on your own merits, then know God will accept your decision and judge you accordingly.

GiantMan
    @just_sayin

You should know we have all sinned.  Salvation is not because we deserve it.  It is a gift of God.  Do you think that unfair?  For it to be unfair it would have to rejected by one involved.  Is God as the judge, and the one who was sinned against, willing to allow the debt to be paid by Jesus' sacrifice?  Yep.  So no problem there.  Was Jesus willing to be that sacrifice?  Yep.  Are you willing to accept Jesus paying the debt you owe by acknowledging what he's done, and your need for it?  If yes, then God allows that agreement.  But rest assured that if you don't want Jesus to pay the price for your sins, and not willing to ask for it and acknowledge your need for it, and you would rather stand before God on your own merits, then know God will accept your decision and judge you accordingly.

It should be pointed out that the term "sin" is a religious term from the bible which is distinctly different from evil, or bad behavior. God condemns the world for sin and Jesus said sin is 'unbelief'. So no one is cast into hell for being a criminal, only for not believing blindly in a god that hides perfectly. 

John 16:8 & 9: And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

GiantMan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Maxx quote   actually mr bogan, lay off the bottle on here.

Actually Maxx, I am a lifelong teetotaler. 

Maxx quote     You and I completely failed to get anywhere on race.

I failed to get anywhere with PamelaJohnson about whether the earth is flat, that does not mean that Pamela was right and the earth is flat.     Which proves that it is impossible to convince anybody of anything if they just do not want to know that 2+2=4. 

Maxx quote  I agreed that certain cultures were not equal and people are not equal;

Which is fair enough, but the topic I am interested in is, whether races are equal?

Maxx quote  but there is no way biologically nor scientifically have you proven there is more than one race.

Which is like Lia Thomas claiming that nobody can prove biologically or scientifically that a man an be a woman if he just wants to be one.     Your statement is absurd.     Lefties see race as plain as day when it is convenient, and then vehemently deny it’s existence when it is convenient.   The ability to claim that two diametrically opposed concepts are both valid at the same time is called “cognitive dissonance”, otherwise known as magical thinking.       It is 2+2=3.     So, I find it amusing when you have the gall to attack poor old “just-sayin” for his magical thinking, when you exhibit it yourself?    

Maxx quote I have shown that biologists and proven than there are not enough genetic differences. 

You did not “show me” anything.  You claimed that science did not recognise the concept of race and then ran away when I gave four clear examples that it did.      No reply from you at all on that inconvenient fact.     I painted you into a corner, so all you could do was to stay silent on that which you did not wish to acknowledge.     That is all that people can do when confronted by their own 2+2=3 thinking. 

Maxx quote      Aside from that, this topic of mays is not even about race.

No, it is about magical thinking.    It is a perfect example of how people with your supposedly superior mindset make fun out of religious people for their 2+2=3 thinking, while engaging in exactly the same thinking yourself on a social issue. 

If any of you people believe that races are equal then you should be prepared to defend what you believe.     But when you resort to refusing to answer questions, evasions, submitting endless links as “proof” which I can not debate against, prevarications, using AI because you can’t think for yourselves, refusing to even state what it is exactly what you believe in, and only attacking your opponents position while refusing to submit reasoned arguments justifying your own position, that is indicative of people who have a 2+2=3 mindset.     It means that you already know that you are wrong, but you need to believe that 2+2=3, so you do.       Because if you acknowledged that 2+2=4, then just like PamelaJohnson, that would mean that you would have to think about things that you just do not want to think about.   

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    oh come on, scientists and biologists all agree that there is not enough differences in humans for there to be sub races. If you wish to be a science denier then go ahead. The only thing you shown me was you tube videos. Unequal by nature: a geneticist’s perspective on human differences | American Academy of Arts and Sciences (amacad.org)   I agreed that sub races exist, but only in a sociological aspect; however, it is not true in a biological one. I have asked you many times to show biologically we can be divided into sub races. Another thing is that i could care less if some cultures are inferior, or even more intelligent. It fails to bother me like it does you.   @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Max quote  oh come on, scientists and biologists all agree that there is not enough differences in humans for there to be sub races. 

And I would agree with them.    The term "sub races' was an invention of your own mind. 

Max quote    If you wish to be a science denier then go ahead. 

Your last post claimed that science did not recognise race.        If science can not recognise the differences between a Scandinavian and and an African, then whatever "science" that is, is contrary to objective reality.    It is exactly like saying that "science" says that 2+2=3, and since a "scientist says that, then it must be true.      Objective reality says it is not true.    Especially when I have already given three clear everyday examples of science recognising race which most people who have any knowledge of the world around them know is true.   Forensic Anthropologists recognise race.   Geneticists recognise race.   Cognitive metricians recognise race.      People who claim to be anti racist, and claim that race dos not exist, while simultaneously blaming the white race for everything, recognize race.   

Max quote  I agreed that sub races exist, but only in a sociological aspect; however, it is not true in a biological one.

Sub species of almost all living organisms exist, and that is biological reality.    Human beings are living organisms.  

Max quote      I have asked you many times to show biologically we can be divided into sub races.

Already done by science and the different sub species of humans named by Carl Linnaeus, father of the SCIENCE" of Taxonomy.       Anti racists claim that white people invented racism because in the 19th Century, science began the first studies in identifying racial differences and what they could mean.    Which completely  destroys your false claim that science does not recognise race.      You anti racists should get together and try and get your ideology straight.     Contradicting yourselves is never a good look when you are trying to convince other people that you are right.     

Max quote      
     Another thing is that i could care less if some cultures are inferior, or even more intelligent. It fails to bother me like it does you.  

Okay, that is fair.  The problem is that du-mb and violent populations usually produce du mb and violent cultures.     So, when you import people into your society who are du-mb and violent, and they bring their du-mb and violent culture with them, then your relatively smart and peaceful society goes to the dogs.     Which is where western European countries are headed at this very minute     .     And all because they adopted a nonsensical social ideal, based upon Christian principles, that all people are equal.       Even the super tolerant Swedes don't believe that shiit any more.     Sweden is not Sweden any more.   

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 18
    botany is a long cry from humans. Botany is what carl, who lived in the mid 1700s wrote about, not humans. It is odd you are grasping at straws at this point, and rather believe in botany, to prove than humans are sub races; rather than believe what todays biologists have shown. ,  There are a lot of dumb people in this world. I still think it is color that you do not like. I think we agreed that blacks are lacking in aspects of intellect because of genetics. very well. What about mentally handicap, those re-tarded people? They are even dumber than blacks, and It is genetic as well. Are you prejudice to them also? What about backwoods hill billys who grew up in the high country with nothing but a 6th grade education? I can see if you justify yourself by being prejudiced to all groups of people who are dumb, but your association tends to run to blacks almost soley; which is color. I think you have a deeper psychological reason as to why you dis like blacks simply because they are dumb,violent and blame whites.  Take the american indian; they blame the whites and for good reason. They also are intellectually inferior to whites. probably the inuits as well. They as well as blacks are that way because of the thousands of generations of living where they grew up; lacking the need and knowledge of what Europeans took for granted. Why are you not just as racist to these people? Is it because they are not black or is it because of another reason? As for sub races, i seriously think you should do more in-depth research, because science shows differently and like many religious zealots on here; yu are allowing false beliefs to over ride the evidence. Biological Races in Humans - PMC (nih.gov)    @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Max quote   you are grasping at straws at this point, and rather believe in botany, to prove than humans are sub races; rather than believe what todays biologists have shown.

We live in a world today, Max, where even diplomaed professors of Biology can not even define what a woman is.     Your premise seems to be, that Biological classifications which are based upon observable reality, which apply to every living creature on planet earth can, not apply to human beings?     That is complete balderdash.     If you and I were in front of an audience of a couple of hundred intelligent and more or less unbiased people, and you came out with a doozy like that, you would be laughed off the stage.       It is just amazing to what extent people like yourself want to believe in something so much that they simply refuse to acknowledge that 2+2=4. 

Max quote  There are a lot of dumb people in this world. I still think it is color that you do not like. I think we agreed that blacks are lacking in aspects of intellect because of genetics. very well.

Yes, we both agree that the majority of people from certain dark skinned ethnicities do not have the same bell curves of intelligence as lighter skinned people.      So, my premise, that races are not equal, is a slam dunk.      So, your only recourse is to claim that races do not exist.     But they do exist.      Categorisations of everything are human constructs, but that fact that they are human constructs does not invalidate the concept that what these categories explain does not exist in reality. 

Max quote       What about mentally handicap, those re-tarded people? They are even dumber than blacks, and It is genetic as well. Are you prejudice to them also?

Mentally retarded people exist in all races, but if some races have disproportionate numbers of retarded people, I am not aware of it.     But if it could be proven that they did, I am certain that you would go into all sorts of mental gymnastics trying to prove that they did not.   

Max quote   What about backwoods hill billys who grew up in the high country with nothing but a 6th grade education? 

All races of people have a broad range of IQ’s.       Every race has some people with very low IQ’s, more with low IQ’s, most with “average” IQ’s, some with high IQ’s, and a very few with very high IQ’s.       The problem is, that these bell curves of IQ differ from race to race.   Jewish people have people with IQ’s above 140 at a rate four times higher than white Europeans.      That is a measurable fact.     Which just happens to perfectly explain why Jewish people dominate the Nobel Prizes for Science.     Once you accept that races are not equal, then that just happens to explain perfectly why some races do well and some races do not.        However, this unpleasant fact is anathema to left leaning people in the western world who so desperately want to believe that 2+2=3.

Max   quote      I can see if you justify yourself by being prejudiced to all groups of people who are dumb, but your association tends to run to blacks almost soley; which is color.

On the contrary, Max.    It was because I realised that those who were the loudest in claiming that “all men are equal” were the biggest snobs around, who looked down the noses at me, that I began to figure out that the whole “all men are equal” premise was a hypocritical fantasy.      Why haven’t you figured it out yet? 

Max quote   I think you have a deeper psychological reason as to why you dis like blacks simply because they are dumb, violent and blame whites.    

Well, don’t let your premise just hang in the air, explain to me what my own motivations are? 

Max quote  Take the american indian; they blame the whites and for good reason.

My philosophy on that score is a lot less racist than yours.      If US native Americans had all kinds of herdable animals and all kinds of growable crops, while Europeans had nothing but corn and buffaloes, then US native Americans would have achieved civilisation before the Europeans, evolved higher IQ first, and would have gone on to spread their civilisation around the world.   The fact that the opposite occurred is simply an accident of geography.  

Max quote  They also are intellectually inferior to whites. probably the inuits as well.

Are they?     I didn’t know that?     Although, if evolved IQ is a measure of length of civilisation, and because of genetic selection or eradication, then your premise would make a lot of sense. 

Max quote  They as well as blacks are that way because of the thousands of generations of living where they grew up; lacking the need and knowledge of what Europeans took for granted. Why are you not just as racist to these people?

Well, to start with, native Americans are not going around blaming white people for their lack of success in this competitive world that we live in.     Nor am I aware of them trashing their own cities and destroying their own supermarkets, and then whining about “food deserts” which they then demand that the government fix.     My hostility is directed at those who are hostile to me, and who blame me and my people for their own genetic shortcomings.

Max quote  As for sub races, i seriously think you should do more in-depth research, because science shows differently and like many religious zealots on here; you are allowing false beliefs to over ride the evidence. 

To the best of my knowledge, the only mammalian species which does not exist as sub species is the polar bear.     All other mammalian species exist entirely as sub species.     That includes mammalian human beings, and that is science.    As for your link, read it yourself, and if you agree with what it says, then submit it as your own argument.   I am not going to do your jobs for you.  

• @Bogan
    We live in a world today, Max, where even diplomaed professors of Biology can not even define what a woman is.
    Sorry, could not resist. A woman is a Presadera.
    GiantMan
    John_C_87 said:
    @Bogan
    We live in a world today, Max, where even diplomaed professors of Biology can not even define what a woman is.
    Sorry, could not resist. A woman is a Presadera.
    "Presadera"? Is that a word from some fringe urban dictionary or something? Loose meaning of Spanish female perspectives of some kind? What exactly do you mean by "Presadera"?
  • What exactly do you mean by "Presadera"?
    A Constitutional description of all women as a single United State of Right. It is a way that I, as a male can seek liberty.

Is that a word from some fringe urban dictionary or something? It is name given to a finding of a type female discrimination not yet presented to the Courts of law by discovery.
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 19
    @MayCaesar

The Universe is unpredictable, it is not cruel, the lack of consistency in its prediction is what is cruel.

There is a choice which needs to be made MayCaesar is 2 + 2 = 4 or is Pi an approximation and not ratio. The door of interpritations that is abused for the one remains open and has influence elswhere.

When two is an approximation, the result will never be 4. We need in writing two is not an approximation that is ever influenced by Pi in mathematics.

GiantMan
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    again i ask for proof. You are disregarding science. Did you not read the link? Or the many other high quality science links, showing why and how humans are all one race because we are to similar to be classified as sub races except by sociology concepts? These links clearly back up my statement. You on the oother hand, give me a botanist who lived in the 1800s and one you tube video of dubious quality. Give me a few high quality science links that back up your statements. Yes, conceptually there are sub races; biologically in humans; no. @Bogan
    Joeseph said:
    Consider that Universe is fundamentally "unfair", that it somehow rewards holding false beliefs. For instance, let us say there are two forms of afterlife: Elysium (a place of eternal serenity and peace), and Abyss (a place of eternal pain and torment). Those who believe that 2+2=4 or are agnostic about it end up in Abyss,

I was told more or less the same thing thing as a child and a former Catholic as in the torments that awaited me if I didn't accept the truths being told me , worse still I was sending myself to Hell by choice for not accepting the truth.

It's impossible to force yourself into believing something if it doesn't feel right inside , you can pretend,  but a god or the system would know you're pretending .

We can be swayed to change our minds if convinced by evidence but that's rare as I think ego gets in the way as we all think.we reached our views through solid  reasoning where to be brutally honest we are just as unreasonable and unbiased as the next.

What you're asking is much more than just changing positions its a denial of reality,  can you convince yourself you're gay? 

Your question seems to be akin to this as in its a denial of core belief.

Humans to me cannot survive without beingg deceitful.and dishonest , humans are the most violent ,selfish, irrational and destructive  thing on the planet., this realisation is to me is  liberating.

Everyone must wear a mask and play the game your survival depends on it. Most humans work in jobs they detest and can rarely be themselves society more or less keeps most firmly in their place or one is cancelled, fired , ostracised.

Thankfully I'm 20 years now doing as I please and answer to no one , very few get that chance and are basically in a prison of their own making and pretending they're free.

There is no  morality there is only approval / disapproval if anyone can prove otherwise I'm listening. 

I agree with your general message - however, I wonder to what extent it is possible to force oneself to make something feel differently inside. It seems to me that one's ability to do so is directly tied to the degree of impact of that. I do not think it is possible to convince myself that I am gay - but I probably can convince myself that Trump is a good presidential candidate if I force myself to consume particular media for a period of time and suspend my disbelief forcefully. And if disbelieving something had terrible consequences, there would be strong additional pressure to try to believe it. If a North-Korean knows that humans cannot read each other's thoughts, yet the government punishes severely anyone who denies that the Dear Leader can do that, then the North-Korean will tend to cling to the most desperate lines of reasoning to make himself believe that. Simply pretending in public that he believes that while knowing well that it is false is painful and unsustainable.

I do not really share your view on humanity regarding deception and dishonesty, but I get where you are coming from. There is this term in pop-psychology - "relatability" - that refers to engagement in behaviors aimed to build social bridges with others. It does not necessarily involve dishonesty or deception. If someone asks me how my day is going and I say, "Fine", even if it is the worst day of my life - that is not really a dishonest answer. It would be dishonest outside of the context, for, strictly speaking, my answer is false. However, in the context saying "Fine" does not mean "My day is fine", but means something like "Thanks for checking in on me". Human language is very complex.

I think deception is more about deliberately providing someone with false information (or omitting crucial true information) in order to gain benefits from them. If I am on a date with a lady, she asks me, "So, where do you live?", and I say, "In your heart" - it should be clear to everyone that I am not trying to deceive her. However, if I then follow up by switching the subject, deliberately avoiding discussing my location - then it is deceptive. Maybe I live in the slums and do not want her to know that - that is, I am trying to make myself look better than I would if she knew everything about me.

As for your last claim, I have also grown to view "morality" skeptically. There is some notion of right and wrong - but those are contextual and highly individualized. I am holding a $20 bill and a homeless guy walks up to me and asks me for it - is it right for me to hold on to the bill, or not? The best answer I can come up with is, "The right course of action for you is whatever aligns best with your values". And values, in turn, are empirically determined rules that, when followed consistently, make one feel comfortable in their own skin. And since human organisms are highly diverse, so will the values be, so will the right and wrong choices be.
    There are some empirical rules that seem to lead to decent outcomes when followed consistently, "the golden rule" being one example. But there are also demonstrably situations in which they can and should be violated.

Personally, I found one question that, when I ask myself, always quickly leads me to making the choice that I feel good about. The question is: "Will I regret it if I do not do X?" It is especially useful when considering whether to take on risk or not - apply for a job, approach an interesting person, voice a controversial opinion, drink a mug of beer - but can be used across the board. "Should I give $20 to the homeless guy or not? Well, will I regret it if I do?" I know that, personally, I will: that is just me. I can find a much better use for these 20 bucks, and if I did want to do a kind deed with them, I would buy a nice present for one of my close friends - who means much more to me than all the homeless people in the world combined.

Universe encourages diversity, while rigid ideologies and moral systems abhor it. The concept of "objective morality" is absurd at its core and makes no more sense than the concept of "objective cuisine", or "objective ranking of books".
    maxx said:
    interesting  . First if the universe were unfair in the way as suggested; then logic alone dictates that either the universe is a conscious being or there is one behind it that directs such unfairness. .Also humans would have to believe or be shown proof of one, for without proof, weather we believe that 2 and 2 equals any number is a mute point. One would have to have indirect or direct knowledge that we would go to heaven or hades depending on what we believe; that if i believe the truth, i would end up in hades; yet of i believe otherwise, after my demise, i would have a heavenly reward. Indirect knowledge would be a belief in books, which is not any different than religion. Direct knowledge would be from the consciousness entity itself and would have to be world wide. So If i had such direct knowledge that if i were to believe what my senses and brain know as to be actually true; yet knowing I would go to blazes for doing so, I would gladly choose the false beliefs after my demise to achieve a better reward; for after all, if such an entity existed; then this world would mean much of nothing in the long run and even though i would be forced to believe in a falsity, i would do so. @MayCaesar
    Why would there need to be consciousness behind it though? I built this fictional setting once in which the Universe is essentially a simulation - however, it is a spontaneous simulation, and the digital systems running it are not a product of someone's design, but inherent property of nature. Why would this be metaphysically impossible?

I would also contest the idea that people's beliefs inherently rely on proofs. In the ideal world, that would be the case - but in the real world, people employ various heuristics to figure out their beliefs, and those heuristics are logically loose. Now, 2 + 2 = 5 is very hard to sell under any sauce, for this is such a general statement, the proof of its negation is known to every little kid (I take 2 toys, I take 2 more toys - 1, 2, 3, 4, I have 4 toys!). But what about, say, this statement: "Wyoming does not exist"? I can see how one can build an elaborate conspiracy theory around it that many people would believe. It is possible to directly prove that Wyoming exists - by driving/flying there - but who will go so far just to debunk some conspiracy theory? And we have already seen on this very website examples of "flat-Earthers" who intentionally avoided performing experiments that could prove them wrong. They would find countless excuses as to why such experiments would prove them right anyway, so why perform them.

I guess, on some level, this general discussion can be summarized with: "Would you take the blue pill, or the red pill?" :) With the caveat that, in this case, taking the blue pill involves far more than just, well, taking the pill. If it was just about pills, then I am sure many people would choose to live in a fictional reality. I certainly would want to live in the reality where, say, I am the most beautiful person in the world, and everyone saying otherwise was just jealous of me... Perhaps I could convince myself of that if I tried hard enough, but I do not see the result being worth the effort. But if I could just buy a $1 pill making me believe this apparently false claim, then why would I not?
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

Max quote   You are disregarding science.

I disregard pseudo science, and I think I have the maturity to differentiate one from the other.      Bit worried about you, though. 

Max quote      Did you not read the link?

As a matter of fact, I did.      The reason being, because you are doing such a lousy job of presenting any argument at all that races do not exist, that I got bored again and I thought I would go to your source.      As expected, your link was laughable.       It was nothing but diseased English, which was probably written by Sir Humphry Appleby himself.          You probably tried to read it too, but the reason why you could not use it as a source to write a reasoned argument supporting your position, is that not did not make any sense to you, either?      Diseased English is the art of writing blithering nonsense in an authoritative way in order to fool the gullible who want to be impressed.     It did not fool me one whit.     I suppose that I could go through your link, paragraph by paragraph, pointing out the waffle and the meandering logic?     But I have been down that track before, only to have my opponent swamp me with even more stu-pid links.    So, I end up being the one who does all the work while my opponent just submits ever more links, “Dreamer” style.    I challenge you to read your link and if it makes any sense to you, use it to form your own argument.      But that will never happen, because it is just a series of spurious declarations written in an authoritative way, which is impossible to use to form a cohesive argument.  

Max quote        Or the many other high quality science links, showing why and how humans are all one race because we are to similar to be classified as sub races except by sociology concepts?

Then you had better find one which is a lot more credible than the one which you submitted in your last post.      Unlike your link, my position is simple to understand and is supported by evidence which most informed people already know is true.     Most informed people know that science does recognise race because they know that the reason why so called “anti racists” claim that “white men invented racism” is because in the 19th century, science itself was very interested in race.   And in those days, science was almost solely the preserve of white European men.       But even today, it is an easily provable premise that science recognises race, regardless of how many woke “scientists” there are who are consider their ideological beliefs to be more important than science.    They know that the people who use their “scientific reports” will never look at them with a critical eye, or verify if they are true.    So, they can misuse the great respect which most people have for science to push that government mandated ideological agenda.

Max quote  These links clearly back up my statement.

Your link was supposed to prove that races do not exist.      There was no cohesive argument on that topic at all.       It basically said “I am a scientist and I say that race does not exist.    So there!”      That hardly impresses any person who has any capacity to think, any more than a woke biologist claiming that it is impossible for science to differentiate between a male and female skeleton.     Or, the once respected medical journal Lancet claiming that the Wuhan virus did not originate in a Chinese bio weapons lab in China.       Or, climate scientists claiming that the north pole will be ice free by 2013, and the London and New York subways will both be drowned. 

Max quote     You on the other hand, give me a botanist who lived in the 1800s

So did Charles Darwin.     I suppose that his advocacy for evolution should be dismissed entirely because he was just an old white guy who lived 150 years ago?      I sure hope your woke “scientists” don’t decide that evolution is not politically correct, so Darwin should be air brushed out of science too?   All they would need to do to impress you, would be to write some pseudo scientific reports in diseased English claiming that evolution was fake, and you would lap it up without even bothering to turn on your critical analysis circuit to really read the nonsense they were writing? 

Max quote   and one you tube video of dubious quality.

Then here is another one which proves that geneticists, who are scientists, recognise race.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HlGhVgV3Yw&t=176s

The problem for woke ”scientists” today is that smart people are just too informed with lots of media sources that they can use to keep up with what is going on in politics and science.      They can fool the gullible and the misinformed, but they can’t fool people who like to be aware of what is happening in the world around them, and who can think straight.   

Max quote      Give me a few high quality science links that back up your statements.

That would be like the Catholic Church during the Inquisition demanding to know the names of any scientist who supported the idea that the earth was not the centre of the universe.      We live in an age where universities have been taken over by government supported, crazy cultural revolutionaries who shout down, sack from their jobs, destroy the careers, and “cancel” any academic who dares to oppose their government sanctioned worldview.      So, just like in the days of Galileo, if you want to understand the world around you, you have to pick up unbiased bits of information from wherever you can, and link them together to form a picture.    Naturally, you won’t do that, because that would require a sceptical mind and some effort.      Easier to just toe the woke party line, confident that the people who are destroying western civilisation, suburb by suburb, city by city, and country by country, really know what they are talking about. 

Could I also add that in many western countries today, it is illegal to claim that races are not equal.  This topic is so super sensitive in Canada, that the Trudeau government is legislating that anybody who “offends” their new imported electors should be jailed for life.     Scotland’s new “Hate Laws” mandate seven years jail for saying something racist in your own home.      I live in Australia, and if I lived in the state of Victoria, I could be prosecuted for writing this reply to you.      If you really do have the capacity to think, then you should be able to figure out that when the authorities demand that you not think or write about something, they definitely have got something to hide.        The only reason for political censorship is to protect those at the top with their power, prestige, perks, and privileges.     They have a state ideology which was invented to keep the proles on the bottom and themselves at the top, and they don’t want the proles thinking.     They seem to have succeeded in that nefarious aim with you.

Max quote      Yes, conceptually there are sub races; biologically in humans; no.

Your premise is illogical.      If every mammalian life form excepting polar bears (and that for good reason) exists solely as sub species, then it stands to reason that your premise does not make sense.        If not, then I challenge you to write a reasoned argument explaining how it is that human beings are exempt from the same evolutionary forces which have created sub species in every other mammalian species.      It is no good looking up your “authoritative scientific reports” to help you, because the evil little bastards who wrote that cr-ap already know that I am right.        And there will be nothing in their waffling links that will help you.       So, c’mon Max, show us all how you can think.     Show us all how informative and logical your links are.    Since you claim to be just telling the scientific truth, then it should be easy for you to use your “scientific” links that you have such faith in, to prove that whatever evolutionary forces affect the creation of sub species in every other vertebrate creature, can not apply to human beings. 

London to a brick that you will not answer.    You can’t answer because your premise is illogical.      Which is why your whole idea that races do not exist is logically bankrupt.

ZeusAres42
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 19
    @MayCaesar

2 + 2 = 4 for we know the order of the array 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc.

The blue pill is a tensor.
    The red pill is a matrix.
    A number of matrices is inside the tensor and can be seen as a array. The type of array assembled in the matrix reflects reality or fiction.
    Time is found using a horizon.

@John_C_87
    Its good to see you online again.
    GiantMan
  • JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

I agree with your general message - however, I wonder to what extent it is possible to force oneself to make something feel differently inside. It seems to me that one's ability to do so is directly tied to the degree of impact of that. I do not think it is possible to convince myself that I am gay - but I probably can convince myself that Trump is a good presidential candidate if I force myself to consume particular media for a period of time and suspend my disbelief forcefully. And if disbelieving something had terrible consequences, there would be strong additional pressure to try to believe it. If a North-Korean knows that humans cannot read each other's thoughts, yet the government punishes severely anyone who denies that the Dear Leader can do that, then the North-Korean will tend to cling to the most desperate lines of reasoning to make himself believe that. Simply pretending in public that he believes that while knowing well that it is false is painful and unsustainable.

It's interesting regard the case of Trump , I wonder if I lived in the US would I do an about turn on my views on Trump if he definitely put more money in my pocket regards tax breaks? I'd hate to think I was that shallow and transparent.

I mentioned before I'm tax free as an Artist in my country,  the politician that introduced this scheme to our country was shamed for corruption especially backhanders yet he introduced a lot of legislation and schemes that greatly benefitted the country , my views on him are mixed I recognise the good and the bad and I certainly wouldn't place him on a pedestal.

I do not really share your view on humanity regarding deception and dishonesty, but I get where you are coming from. There is this term in pop-psychology - "relatability" - that refers to engagement in behaviors aimed to build social bridges with others. It does not necessarily involve dishonesty or deception. If someone asks me how my day is going and I say, "Fine", even if it is the worst day of my life - that is not really a dishonest answer. It would be dishonest outside of the context, for, strictly speaking, my answer is false. However, in the context saying "Fine" does not mean "My day is fine", but means something like "Thanks for checking in on me". Human language is very complex.

Most people wouldn't share my view , for me it's totally liberating as I'm under no illusions regards fellow humans. I never craved friends as in a regular meet up type of thing yet I'm very social as I will talk to complete strangers ( male / female)  anywhere it always came natural to me.

I greatly enjoy meeting new people but don't like turning it into a regular thing , my company and pleasures are my wife , my art, my books , my cat , this is more than enough as I adore isolation and loads of "me time."

Deception , dishonesty and selfishness in humans I find to be the norm although most are pretty good at hiding it , to me these are all tools used for advantage in the savage evolutionary continuous battle that goes on as we are still evolving who knows what future stages of human evolution will look like, will we be less violent ? More selfish? Less aggressive? Etc, etc, etc.

For me to test the theory regading human nature and my views on it one only has to look ones extended family circle to realise the selfishness,  brutality and greed of humans.

. I believe man by nature  is as the saying goes " red in tooth and claw" .

Have you experienced a family where a parents will is on the table ? It's rare I've come across a family where a dispute doesn't arrive when it comes to family and wills.

Language is fascinating and very complex and so open to continuous interpretation,  its far from the finished product.

I think deception is more about deliberately providing someone with false information (or omitting crucial true information) in order to gain benefits from them. If I am on a date with a lady, she asks me, "So, where do you live?", and I say, "In your heart" - it should be clear to everyone that I am not trying to deceive her. However, if I then follow up by switching the subject, deliberately avoiding discussing my location - then it is deceptive. Maybe I live in the slums and do not want her to know that - that is, I am trying to make myself look better than I would if she knew everything about me.

Yes fair point , I use the term deception more in the damaging way as I do agree that the deception you speak of is more or less harmless.

I think as well it depends on the way it's given and taken which can be clumsy or skillful , take for example if I knew you well and someone said " is May safe to lend money to ?" And I replied " I wouldn't say not" how does one take that ?

As for your last claim, I have also grown to view "morality" skeptically. There is some notion of right and wrong - but those are contextual and highly individualized. I am holding a $20 bill and a homeless guy walks up to me and asks me for it - is it right for me to hold on to the bill, or not? The best answer I can come up with is, "The right course of action for you is whatever aligns best with your values". And values, in turn, are empirically determined rules that, when followed consistently, make one feel comfortable in their own skin. And since human organisms are highly diverse, so will the values be, so will the right and wrong choices be.
    There are some empirical rules that seem to lead to decent outcomes when followed consistently, "the golden rule" being one example. But there are also demonstrably situations in which they can and should be violated.

Yes I totally agree on morality , in my view it's all about " well being " and my views of it , if I give a homeless guy 10 euro it's normally because I just want to as it makes his / her day and gives me a lift also , some days I couldn't be bothered.

Most people speaking of morality bring up objective /subjective morality , we could argue that its an objective moral fact that poisoning babies is not good for them but the point remains that " good" and " " bad"  are only sighs of approval or disapproval added to the brute fact by the observer, there are no detectable properties of the " rightness " or "wrongness" of an action  which our senses could detect.

Universe encourages diversity, while rigid ideologies and moral systems abhor it. The concept of "objective morality" is absurd at its core and makes no more sense than the concept of "objective cuisine", or "objective ranking of books".

That's spot on.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 20
    this is why i previously disengaged from the topic. I have given you biological proof and you still will not accept it; also you keep bringing non primate animals in an attempt to reflect human beings. That is akin to saying we should have gills, wings, tails or scales because all other animals do so. Sub species also tend to eventually evolve into a separate species give evolutionary time.  The similarities in humans are too great to classify us as sub species based on a 2 percent genetic variation. What you are doing, is classifying humans into culture sub species, based simply upon a few minor details; color, culture, diet, and geographical location. That is like taking  a movie, erasing the color, changing some lines in it, and claiming it is a whole new movie. We are 96 to 99 percent genetically the same. we all have the same organs, we all are smart or dumb, we all live on the earth, we all are human. You can not take humans, and say they are biologically different based upon location or diet, morals, ideas and color.  That is mere  sociological classification. Biologically you have no proof at all; and I have asked for such proof many times. an opinion does not count; i have shown the proof in various links. You at this point; are acting like a religious zealot, who refuses to accept the evidence of evolution simply because it goes against your beliefs. I assume you would and do accept science proof in evolution and other matters; so i fail to see why you do not accept evidence that ""biologically" we are too similar to be classified as sub races. This link shows  why there are sub species of bears.  humans never followed such patterns or isolation. Bear - Wikipedia  @Bogan
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    why would there have to be a consciousness\ss behind it? Simple logic dictates it as such in order to force or decide on if a human goes to heaven or hell based upon a belief. There would also have to be such places; so this would require not only creation of such places, but also direction of action. It would also require decision and as well a soul. A soul would alone deem a creator. @MayCaesar
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Max quote   this is why i previously disengaged from the topic.

You disengaged from the topic, because I keep painting you into a corner.      I set you a very simple question in my last post to you which you unsurprisingly, did not answer.    You will never answer it because you are painted in. 

Max quote     I have given you biological proof and you still will not accept it;

That is complete bu-llshiit.     All you can do is throw endless pseudo scientific links at me written by woke “scientists”, the same ones who probably claim that sex is a social construct, and has nothing to do with biology.    

Max quote   also you keep bringing non primate animals in an attempt to reflect human beings. That is akin to saying we should have gills, wings, tails or scales because all other animals do so.

That was the whole point of my simple question, which you unsurprisingly failed to answer.      If every vertebrate species on planet earth with the exception of polar bears exist entirely as sub species, how can humans as vertebrates be exempt from the exactly the same evolutionarily forces which create sub species in every other living organism?      Given that you claim that science supports your position, and you can find endless pseudo science reports which claim to support your position, it should be very easy for you to find the information among all that “science” for you to answer a very simple, but crucial question.      But you can’t.     And the reason why you can’t, is because nowhere in all those pseudo science reports will they address the real issue.     So, we get the rather absurd situation where people claiming to be “scientists” are saying that there is no biological difference between a Zulu and a Scandinavian.      Which is 2+2=3.      And you believe them?       Ama-a-a-a-azing.

Max quote   Sub species also tend to eventually evolve into a separate species give evolutionary time.  The similarities in humans are too great to classify us as sub species based on a 2 percent genetic variation.

I could attack that premise from a couple of directions.  

1. What is the genetic variation between a Doberman dog and a Labrador?     I will guarantee it is a lot less than 2%?     But Dobermans and Labradors are biologically different breeds of dogs.       Same with Cape Buffaloes, and the three other kinds of African Buffaloes.   Same with Grizzly Bears and Kodiak Bears.      We classify these sub species to be different because it is observable reality that they look different to each other, and they act different to each other.     But your premise, is, that this could not apply to human beings?    But when I keep asking you the very simple question, as to “why this could be so”?     You never answer the question.     You just keep running away.   I have painted you into a corner with a question that you just can’t answer.     Because, they obviously do apply.    Humans are mammalian vertebrates, so whatever evolutionary forces create sub species in every other mammalian vertebrates, must apply to human beings as well.  Unless you think like “just-sayin”, and think that God made humans from a handful of clay?     Which is magical thinking.    It is 2+2=3.   Zulus are Zulus, and Scandinavians are Scandinavians, because they look different to each other, and that is objective observable reality.   Objective observable reality is what science is all about.    Zulus and Scandinavians also appear to act differently to each other, which is why one race is successful within a competitive modern society, and the other is not.

2.   The Human genome is 3 billion bits of information.   2% of 3 billion is 60,000,000 variations.   That is a lot of variation. 

Max quote          What you are doing, is classifying humans into culture sub species, based simply upon a few minor details; color, culture, diet, and geographical location.

What science does, is to classify all living organisms based upon their appearance, which is objective, observable reality.    Science then investigates whether there are other less visible characteristics which differentiate one sub species from another, and it gives them Taxonomic names.       That works with all living organisms.        Human beings are living organisms.    If you claim that human beings can not exist as sub species, like every other vertebrate living organism, then the onus is upon you to look through those reams of “scientific” reports you keep submitting as “proof”, which supports your erroneous position that what applies to every other living organism can not apply to human beings.  

Max quote   That is like taking  a movie, erasing the color, changing some lines in it, and claiming it is a whole new movie. We are 96 to 99 percent genetically the same.

So are Dobermans and Labradors.    So are Cape buffaloes and the three other sub species of African buffaloes.    So are the thirty or more sub species of Brown Bears.     But they are categorised as being different, with different Taxonomic names, because those “few minor details” are very significant.    Significant enough for all of them to be classified as different sub species.    The same applies to humans, unless you can think up a viable reason why the same evolutionary forces which cause other species to evolve into sub species, can not apply to humans? 

Max quote   we all have the same organs, we all are smart or dumb, we all live on the earth, we all are human. You can not take humans, and say they are biologically different based upon location or diet, morals, ideas and color.

You are claiming that a Zulu is not biologically different from a Scandinavian?     Objective observable reality proves you are wrong.   If they were not biologically different, they would look identical.  You therefore are saying that 2+2=3.    And then you laugh at "Just-sayin" for his 2+2=3 thinking.    

Max quote   That is mere sociological classification.

No.  It is classification based upon objective observable reality.    Race can be a social construct, (or it can be objective reality) as evidenced by the ever swelling numbers of white Australians claiming that they are “aboriginal”, in order to get their sticky fingers on the laundry list of welfare benefits reserved for people of the aboriginal race.      A race you claim does not exist, because races do not exist.     With around one third of “aboriginal” welfare claimants believed to be frauds, it is hardly surprising that within Australia, there have been calls for DNA testing to weed out the “white aborigines” fraudulently claiming aboriginal benefits.    Which blows your claim, supported by your pseudo science “reports” that there is no genetic basis for race, right out of the water.

Max quote  Biologically you have no proof at all; and I have asked for such proof many times.

And I have provided it many times.    And then you come along and say that I have not provided proof?       I would say that I am writing 5 words to you one, at least.  And more tellingly, I answer your questions.   Because I know my subject, while you are trying to wing it. 

Max quote   i have shown the proof in various links.

One of your “scientific” links claimed that there was no genetic basis for race.     Yet I sent you a link to a YouTube video which proved that “scientific” premise wrong.    Did you even bother to click on it?     Since you have not referred to it, I can only presume that you did not?     That is the difference between you and me.    You submit links for me, and I sometimes look at them to see what nonsense they are claiming, because I am not afraid to look at whatever “proof” that you provide.     You, on the other hand are frightened that you will see something on one of my links that proves you wrong, and which you can not explain your way out of.       You want to believe that 2+2=3.     So, you will avert your eyes from any information which tells you that your "scientific proof" is a fraud.  

Max quote  You at this point; are acting like a religious zealot, who refuses to accept the evidence of evolution simply because it goes against your beliefs.

Hahahaha!    I would accuse you of the same sort of thinking.  

Max quote   I assume you would and do accept science proof in evolution and other matters; so i fail to see why you do not accept evidence that ""biologically" we are too similar to be classified as sub races.

If you really believe that, then answer the bloody question that you keep dodging, and dodging, and dodging.     If all mammalian vertebrates excepting polar bears (who have never migrated away from the original environment they evolved in),  exist entirely as sub species, how can this not apply to human beings, who are also mammalian vertebrates?       You won’t answer that, so………… checkmate.    

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    labs, poodles, Dobermans are dogs; not different sub species. There are huge differences between a breed of an animal and a breed. They are but classifications. One more time, the human race is but one race; we only exist as sub races due to sociological classifications of location and color and culture. You keep claiming my science links are but pseudo science. now that is bull.  They are high quality links from top science and biologists. You just can not accept it. I will tell you what; you give me a highly respected biologist and i will find what he says on if there are sub races of humans based upon biology.  Anthropologists' views on race, ancestry, and genetics - PMC (nih.gov)   read the damn link. what more do you freaking need as proof?   @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

Max quote  labs, poodles, Dobermans are dogs; not different sub species. There are huge differences between a breed of an animal and a breed.

The only difference between animal breeds and a sub species, is that animal breeds differ from each other through human selective breeding, while sub species differ from each other from natural adaptations due to differing environmental conditions.     But genetics works the same way, Max, regardless of whether selection is natural or artificial.   In both cases, what results is organisms which look identifiably different from each other, with different physical abilities, different vocalisations, different intelligence levels, and different temperaments.        

It is very easy to understand, Max.    2+2=4.       Every mammalian vertebrate except polar bears exists as sub species.     Human beings are mammalian vertebrates.      Exactly the same evolutionary forces which cause every other mammalian vertebrate to exist as sub species work exactly the same way with human mammalian vertebrates.        Human “races” are simply human sub species.     They even have sub species Taxonomic names, even though most people outside of science are unaware of that, and the left is trying to air brush that away.          If human “races” do not exist in science, then equating logic, no other sub species of mammalian vertebrates can exist in science, either.           But that is not the case.      It is taken for granted that almost every living organism mainly exists as sub species, but left wing people have an ideological problem with that inconvenient fact applying to humans.   So, they deny it can happen with humans.  But that is illogical.    And you are one of them?  Okay, please explain to me how the same evolutionary forces which cause differences in appearance, physical abilities, mental abilities, and intelligence with every other migratory living organism can not do the same thing with human living organisms?    Answer the farking question.  

Max quote  They are but classifications.

Yes.       Human beings try to make sense of the world by classifying everything into groups or types with similar characteristics in order to better understand how they work.     

Max quote      One more time, the human race is but one race; we only exist as sub races due to sociological classifications of location and color and culture.

Wrong.          There are two definitions of the word” race” in the English dictionary, and while your claim is correct using one definition, it is completely wrong using the other.   And if race is not biological, please explain how Scandinavians and Zulus do not look identical?     (yet another question you will dodge)   Checkmate.    

Max quote      You keep claiming my science links are but pseudo science. now that is bull.  They are high quality links from top science and biologists.

It is not bull at all.   We live in an age where universities in particular have become hotbeds of leftist ideology.      Science has now become so politically correct that “Biologists” are claiming that a man can be a woman if he just puts on a dress and calls himself “Sue.”      I watched a YouTube video where swimmer Riley Gains addressed an audience where she argued against “trans” women competing in women’s sports.     Up jumped a professor of Biology who claimed that males and females are so identical, that Anthropologists can not tell the difference between a male and female skeleton.    The room erupted into laughter.     I have tried, and tried, to find that YouTube link for you, because it is an important piece of evidence that woke academics are so PC today that they are advocating blithering nonsense as “science.”

Even the “scientific link” you sent to me was so laughable that I really do not understand how you, a supposedly intelligent person, can accept the blithering nonsense that it claimed “proved” that races do not exist?       It was so silly that it makes me wonder if you even bothered to read it yourself? 

Max quote      You just can not accept it.

No.  I didn’t accept it when a bunch of western virologists claimed that the Wuhan virus was not man made, either.     I didn’t need a PhD in virology to put two and two together.      Hmmmm, lets see?    A new and unknown bat virus suddenly emerged in Wuhan only a few kilometers from a Chinese Virology institute studying bat virus’s?      Wow!   What a coincidence?   And a bunch of western virologists got together and published a “scientific” report in Lancet which they knew was not true.     The reason being, that they were complicit in unleashing onto the world a new man made virus which killed millions of people.       So, objective science had to be corrupted to protect their arses, and to keep it from the US public, that their public servants got around US laws preventing “gain of function” research, to use US taxpayer funds to finance the banned research to a Chinese bio weapons lab in Wuhan. 

Max quote I will tell you what; you give me a highly respected biologist and i will find what he says on if there are sub races of humans based upon biology. 

Somebody asked me that a year or so ago.    It may even have been you?    So, I got onto wiki and typed in “Taxonomic names for human sub species” and there it was, in glorious black and white.      But I just did it again, and whadyaknow?      The wiki references about human sub species been taken down.   Looks like the “cancel culture” warriors have been at it again? 

Max quote    Anthropologists' views on race, ancestry, and genetics - PMC (nih.gov)   read the damn link.

Read it yourself, and do what you are supposed to do, use it to formulate your own reasoned argument.     Then I can tear it to shreds. 

Max quote  what more do you freaking need as proof? 

Somebody who can explain to me how science does not recognise the observable biological reality that Scandinavians and Zulus are obviously genetically different.     And somebody who will answer the question as to why humans can not exist as sub species, when every other migratory living organism does exist as a sub species?       And somebody who can explain to me how science does not recognise race, when it is observable and easily verifiable reality that Forensic Anthropologists, Cognitive Metricians, and Geneticists obviously do.    

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    so what if scandanavians and zulas look different. Do you not know anything about genetics? All it takes is a 1 percent difference for humans to appear differently. That is simply looks. Human taxonomy - Wikipedia I read this and it discusses a different linage of humans, not different cultures. perhaps you should read it again; it also says humans themselves are not sub races within each other. why do scandanavins and zula people look different? first pigmentation.                                       2nd, because of generations of geographical location. When humans began migrating from africa(not all did) they entered cooler climates, in which they simply did not need the darker skin to protect them from the climate, so they evolved out of that skin color. Thousands of generations of diet, different diet, way of living, hunting; you name it; all  contributed to a modification of features.  Next thing you will be saying, is that they are mutants. There is less than 2 percent genetic differences between humans and chimps. Guess what mr. bogan, your reasoning means we are a sub race to chimps. You can believe what you wish; but biologically you are incorrect and you offered no actual proof to the contrary, aside from the link on taxonomy in which i suggest you read more carefully. I really expected better from you considering your replies upon other posts. @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Max quote so what if scandanavians and zulas look different. 

Then using plain, easily understandable logic, “science” can not claim that human beings are genetically identical.     As a matter of fact, it never did until recently.   Science had always been interested in racial differences and this fact has been called “scientific racism.”      According to my research, this began to change in the 1960’s, when our universities began to be taken over by loony lefties who invaded the classrooms of “racist” professors and disrupted them.      Politicians got into the act with their advocacy of identity politics, and they sacked or refused to fund the research of any scientist who dared to suggest that racial differences could be in any way responsible for minority dysfunction.     Science was being corrupted and intimidated.    Even the UN got into the act.    In 1965, the UN General Assembly adopted The International Convention Against All Forms of Racism, and made that an international covenant binding upon all nations, which had the effect of repressing the examination of racial differences by scientists.    Under such conditions, it is perfectly understandable that any scientist who knows what is good for him should either , or get accolades and generous stipends from The Party by toeing the anti racist Party line.

Max quote Do you not know anything about genetics?

Enough to put 2 and 2 together.   Why can’t you do it?

Max quote    All it takes is a 1 percent difference for humans to appear differently. That is simply looks.

That is a ridiculous premise.    Japanese Akita dogs look different to Labradors, and they are very different dogs.      Cape buffaloes look different to the other three sub species of African buffaloes and they are much more dangerous.    Grizzly bears look different to the other 30 odd sub species of brown bears and they are much more aggressive than any of them.     Claiming that differences in appearance can not equate to differences in other characteristics of an organism is not logical, especially when observable reality proves that you are wrong.    

Max quote  I read this and it discusses a different linage of humans, not different cultures. perhaps you should read it again; it also says humans themselves are not sub races within each other.

Then pure logic tells me that statement is wrong.      Which is why I want to debate with “anti racists” like your good self because I can not question links, or the people who write them.    Although, that hardly matters since you never answer any crucial questions I set for you anyway.     Which proves to me that my opponents can not think straight or even justify their own thoughtless opinions.  

Max quote  why do scandanavins and zula people look different? first pigmentation.                                       2nd, because of generations of geographical location. When humans began migrating from africa(not all did) they entered cooler climates, in which they simply did not need the darker skin to protect them from the climate, so they evolved out of that skin color. Thousands of generations of diet, different diet, way of living, hunting; you name it; all  contributed to a modification of features. 

Which is why all species change into sub species.     And that must include human beings.     Unless you can answer the question that you always dodge, and explain to me how the principles of genetic adaptation to environment caused by evolution works with every other species, but can not work with human beings?

Max quote  Next thing you will be saying, is that they are mutants.

Now you are just being silly.     Which shows me how desperate you are.   I have you panted into a corner and I am not letting you out until you start thinking straight.   

Max quote  There is less than 2 percent genetic differences between humans and chimps.

And your point is…..?     You are grasping at straws, Max.     2% of 3 billion is 60,000,000 differences.

Max quote   Guess what mr. bogan, your reasoning means we are a sub race to chimps.

No, it means that chimpanzees and humans had a common ancestor.      But this ancestor evolved into sub species, and these sub species evolved away from each other to such an extent that eventually, they could no longer reproduce to create fertile offspring.    When that happened, they became separate species, and the forces of evolution geared to environmental adaptation began to work on the new species to create sub species of these new species.   This is how the famous “Tree of Life” works.   And that works with every species, Max.     Human beings are not exempt from that.     Human races are simply human sub species.  And that fact was recognised by science until recently, when science was intimidated by identity politics and political correctness.

Max quote  You can believe what you wish; but biologically you are incorrect and you offered no actual proof to the contrary, aside from the link on taxonomy in which i suggest you read more carefully. I really expected better from you considering your replies upon other posts

I originally thought that you might have a brain that was capable of logical thought and unbiased reasoning?    But I can see that I was wrong there.     You have been brainwashed by your culture to think in a particular way, and you can not think past the mental block which your culture has inserted into your receptive head.     Throughout history, Max, it was the guys who thought past whatever prevailing dogma was dreamed up by the elites to keep the proles in check, who are considered to be the original thinkers who broke the chains of human ignorance. 

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    We didn'tleave africa untilabout 75 thousand years ago.  We simply had no time to evolve into a sub species.  Lower animals did. Dogs are the resort of selective breeding.  I will explain more as to why later after work.  @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Maxx quote  We didn'tleave africa untilabout 75 thousand years ago.  We simply had no time to evolve into a sub species. 

Yeah?      Sounds like I have got you doing some research, at least?    I don't know if humans left African 75,000 years ago, I will have to dig out my old BBC DVD "The Incredible Human Journey" to find out.    But it could be correct.   As for it taking longer than that for a monotypic species to turn into sub species. all I could find is a quote from Google definitions which said "Evolution has no single schedule. Sometimes, new species or varieties arise in a matter of years or even days. Other times, species remain stable for long periods, showing little or no evolutionary change."
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 23
    RACE - The Power of an Illusion . Background Readings | PBS  one thing here bogan;You claim my links are far left simply because they go against your beliefs, however if i posted links from the same sites on a subject you believe in, you would accept and agree. So it is not the link or organization that bothers you, but what they say. If i posted pub med on evolution is real, you would accept it; but not pub med on race. hypocritical.   Take a good look at this link, it is pure science, evidence and proof. There is no reason to make this up. You have a very paranoid conviction that anything that goes against your beliefs is an attempt by the far left to undermine society. You are to the point in where you can not set aside your convictions and look at the evidence objectively .Race and genetics versus ‘race’ in genetics - PMC (nih.gov) @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Max quote   one thing here bogan;You claim my links are far left simply because they go against your beliefs, however if i posted links from the same sites on a subject you believe in, you would accept and agree.

I do not agree with anything unless I have good reason to believe it, Max.        I held my council on Anthropogenic Climate Change for years, until I worked out which side was lying, and which side was telling the truth.   My problem with this modern idea that races are equal is because it is contradicted by everyday reality, and it’s ideology even contradicts it’s own logic.      When somebody tells me that “race has nothing to do with biology”, when it quite self evidently does, it makes me wonder whether the person who said that is even sane?   It is 2+2 =3. 

Max quote   So it is not the link or organization that bothers you, but what they say. If i posted pub med on evolution is real, you would accept it; but not pub med on race.

I have read three of your “scientific” links Max, and they were illogical.     One claimed that there was no genetic basis for race.     I have already given you two Youtube videos that proved that premise wrong, and I will bet that you never even bothered to look at them?     That is the difference between you and I, Max.    I do look at the opposing views for two reasons.    1.  To examine faults in their logic.    And 2.   Because they are often so convinced that they are preaching to the converted, that they often give away information that they should have about.   Remember when you wrote that science does not recognise race?    And I gave you three examples where it obviously did?     Well, now I have a fourth.    I read some link by an anti racist only today, where he moaned about the Osteoporosis FRAX Association claiming that black people did not get osteoporosis.   So, I checked with their website, and he was right.   Here is the quote from FRAX, (Fracture Risk Assessment Tool)    

“The aim of FRAX is to provide an assessment tool for the prediction of fractures in men and women with use of clinical risk factors with or without femoral neck bone mineral density. These clinical risk factors include age, sex, race, height, weight, body mass index, a history of fragility fracture, a parental history of hip fracture, use of oral glucocorticoids, rheumatoid arthritis and other secondary causes of osteoporosis, current smoking, and alcohol intake of three or more units daily.”  

Got it now?    You and your “scientific” websites claim that science does not recognise race, but I keep finding examples that it does.     Which side is lying, Max?     I put it to you that it is the side which has a deep ideological commitment to deny that race does not exist, because if it does exist, their entire ideological house of cards would collapse in a heap.

Max quote  Take a good look at this link, it is pure science, evidence and proof.

If it tries to tell me that that there is no biological basis for race, and that modern genetics “proves” that races do not exist, then whatever it is, it is not science.    Since you won’t look at the youtube videos which proves beyond doubt that race can be determined by genetics, then I have posted up a picture for you.    Geneticists can not only tell your race  from your DNA sample, they can even pin down your nationality.    One site can work out your racial proportions to one tenth of a percent.    Whoever is claiming that modern genetics "proves" that races do not exist, is lying.    Goebbels would be proud of them.  

Max quote     There is no reason to make this up.

There is a very good reason to make it up.       Leftist ideology insists that everybody is equal.    Races do not exist.   Classes do not exist.     If some ethnicities are always dysfunctional within white western society, it must be white societies fault.     No other explanation can be considered.     Everybody must accept this explanation and free speech is being curtailed in the western world to make sure that the public      only thinks along this line.  Then that justifies CRT and DEI.     If African blacks are very disproportionately represented in very serious violent crime and are incarcerated at a much higher rate than any other race, it is because the white society is at fault.    The solution is to realise that black criminals are oppressed and discriminated against by whites.   This injustice can only be rectified by no cash bail and making organised shoplifting legal.    Racial quotas must be set for every trade and profssion to cheive racial “equity”.    The whole thing is insane, and you are a part of that insanity if you will not understand that the reason for black and Hispanic dysfunction is in their genes.     “Let the truth be told, though the heavens may fall.” 

Max quote       You have a very paranoid conviction that anything that goes against your beliefs is an attempt by the far left to undermine society. You are to the point in where you can not set aside your convictions and look at the evidence objectively .

The proof is in the pudding, Max.     Every state and city in the USA run by woke people with your worldview is turning into a third world shiithole, where the productive are taxed to death to support the du-mb and the criminal, who’s populations keep increasing through unchecked immigration and birth rate differentials.     Extrapolate forward and the entire western world is going to look like a scene out of Blade Runner, if they don’t collapse into civil wars.        It is not the Right which is shutting down free speech with onerous “hate” speech laws, it is your side, the Left.  Smart and productive people are fleeing these cities and states.     London is not London anymore.   Paris is not Paris anymore.    I would have thought that championing abject failure is not what intelligent people do?      I would have especially thought that you, who considers yourself a far seeing liberal, would smell a rat when the Left is trying to shut their opponents up, and even trying to jail the leading contender of President of the USA?   

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Hi Max!    I just read both of your "scientific" links and please, please, please, amalgamate the two of them and summarise them, and post them up as YOUR argument.      Because it is child's play to tear them to shreds.    
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    Who suggested the Universe is founded upon fairness, equity or that these are somehow relevant in our Creator's divine plan?
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Hi Max!     I keep asking you to read your own links and use them to present a reasoned argument, so that I can tear them apart.   But you just keep ignoring me.     I do not debate links, but since you seem to have such child like faith in these "scientific" reports, I will post one of them up and show you how easy it is to refute.     You posted one link of 6000 words, which I will ignore because it is just too long.     But your other link is much shorter and it even mentioned sub species, so I will post that one up.     I am making an exception to my usual rule just for you.   Making you understand that this "science" is not science at all, will be critical in getting you to the "tipping point" where you begin to understand that you are being lied to.   

There is not one gene, trait, or characteristic that distinguishes all members of one race from all members of another. We can map any number of traits and none would match our idea of race.

The best part of this “scientific” report is that it even started with a verifiable lie.   This statement is obviously wrong, if any number of commercial DNA labs can tell a person’s race and even nationality from DNA samples down to a decimal point of a percentage.     That socialists can get away with telling easily refutable lies is a measure of how much they know that it is easy to fool their doe eyed followers, and the public.    It is also the reason why they want to censor free speech.     They know that their outrageous lies can only continue to propagate when they control the flow of information. 

This is because modern humans haven't been around long enough to evolve into different subspecies and we've always moved, mated, and mixed our genes.

No, we have not.    Prior to the Age of Discovery, people on different continents were even unaware of the existence of people on other continents.   The American continents were not widely known in Europe until after Columbus (Only The Vikings and the Basques knew of the existence of North America).  Australian aboriginal people lived in total isolation for 60,000 years.     The Chinese in the year 2000 were aware of Europe and the Roman Empire, but did not know where these people were, other than they were somewhere to the east.      The Chinese sent an expedition of emissaries to Rome, but they got lost somewhere around Baghdad, gave up looking for it, and turned back.       Almost all people in pastoral societies never moved more than 10 kilometres away from the place where they were born.    Even nomads like the Bedouin stayed within defined territorial geographical areas.    If you know anything about human history, Max, you should have spotted that lie straight away.

Beneath the skin, we are one of the most genetically similar of all species.

Since the previous two premises by this author were easily refutable outright lies, and I have no way of verifying that statement, I would give that opinion the hairy eyeball.

Lots of animals are divided into subspecies. Why doesn't it make sense to group humans the same way?      Subspecies are animal groups that are related, can interbreed, and yet have characteristics that make them distinct from one another. Two basic ingredients are critical to the development of separate subspecies: isolation and time. Unlike most animals, humans are a relatively young species and we are extremely mobile, so we simply haven't evolved into different subspecies.

Okay, now we are getting somewhere.    What is a subspecies?     A subspecies is a taxonomic rank below species and is recognised as a localised variant of a species.      When geographically separate populations of a species exhibit recognizable phenotypic (plainly observable) differences, biologists identify these as subspecies.       Other differences which denote sub species are physical abilities, intelligence, dietary differences, immunity to pathogens, and behaviour.       These distinct groups do not interbreed as they are now geographically isolated from another, but if perchance they do meet (captivity or some other factor) they can interbreed and have fertile offspring.         In the wild, subspecies do not interbreed due to geographic isolation. 

Now, do human races exhibit recognisable phenotype differences?     Of course they do.    Do they exhibit different physical abilities?     Of course they do.         Do humans exhibit different dietary requirements?  Yes.   Some races are famously lactose intolerant.    Do they have different immunity to human pathogens?     Yes. Some races are completely immune to human pathogens like Malaria and teste fly bites.   Do they exhibit different intelligence?     Cognitive Metricians say that they do, and most people can figure out how smart a group of people are by the way they behave, and by their social success.    Academic success is another way of determining racial IQ's.     Some races act du-mb and most of the people from these races are always do poorly academically, and are a crime and welfare problem.   Behaviour?   Behaviour is linked to IQ, and some races are very disproportionately criminal.   So, yes again.   

This “scientific” report is claiming that the human race is monotypic, when by all the measures of what makes a sub species, it is plainly polytypic.     In what way can the characteristics which denote sub species in every other living organism on planet earth not apply to human beings?    Claiming that the human race is monotopic is an easily refutable lie.        As for the idea that the human race has not had time to evolve into sub species, it was only 15,000 years ago that Europeans had black skin.     An almost complete skeleton of a 10,000 year old Briton (Cheddar Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDWVDu01P0) was discovered and DNA analysis of the inner ear bone revealed that this ancient Briton had black skin.     So, the claim that sub species can not evolve within tens of thousands of years look wonky to me.      The human race is at least 200,000 years old, although some scientists are now claiming that it is much older.    And the process of the evolution into sub species began in Africa with it’s widely divergent environments, not as the author of this “science” dishonestly implied, only after Africans moved out of Africa.      

The earliest hominids evolved from apes about 5 million years ago, but modern humans (Homo sapien sapiens) didn't emerge until 150,000-200,000 years ago in eastern Africa, where we spent most of our evolution together as a species. Our species first left Africa only about 50,000-100,000 years ago and quickly spread across the entire world. All of us are descended from these recent African ancestors.

Already addressed.    This “scientific” report is being deliberately misleading. 

Many other animal species have been around much longer or they have shorter life spans, so they've had many more opportunities to accumulate genetic variants. Penguins, for example, have twice as much genetic diversity as humans. Fruit flies have 10 times as much. Even our closest living relative, the chimpanzee, has been around at least several million years. There's more genetic diversity within a group of chimps on a single hillside in Gomba than in the entire human species.

I do not know whether the author of this “science” is right or wrong on this point.      But since he or she started this report with a lie and has lied twice since, I would give that information more than a pinch of salt.   And comparing insect evolution with human evolution is invalid.   Microbes may evolve in hours, but higher order organisms take longer.     How much longer I just don’t know.    But I will not just accept this authors opinion on that score since I have reason to believe he is already telling outrageous lies and spinning like a top.      

Domesticated animals such as dogs also have a lot of genetic diversity, but this is mostly due to selective breeding under controlled conditions.

The questions that I would just love to ask the author of this “science” is, how much genetic diversity is there between a Doberman and a Labrador?   And, in what way does selective breeding differ from natural selection when it comes to genetic outcomes?     My position, is that this statement is just Diseased English.    It is complete nonsense spin, written in an authoritative way to sound plausible, and to fool those who just want to believe.  

Humans, on the other hand, have always mixed freely and widely.

No, they have not.    Another lie.   Widespread racial genetic mixing is a modern phenomena. 

As a result, we're all mongrels: Eighty-five percent of all human variation can be found in any local population, whether they be Kurds, Icelanders, Papua New Guineans, or Mongolians. Ninety-four percent can be found on any continent.

This is a half truth, and a half truth told as a full truth is a complete lie.     That humans today are mixing and intermarrying is a phenomena of the modern age.       It hardly ever happened previously in 200,000 years of human history, and the crooked little bastard who wrote this crap knows it.  It is written to deceive, Max, and you should have seen right through it.

Animals are also limited by habitat and geographical features such as rivers and canyons, so it is easy for groups to become isolated and genetically distinct from one another. Humans, on the other hand, are much more adaptable and have not been limited by geography in the same way. Early on, we could ford rivers, cross canyons, move great distances over a relatively short time, and modify our environment to fit our needs. We are also extremely mobile as a species. Even the remotest island tribe in the Pacific originally came from elsewhere and maintained some contact with neighboring groups.

The migration of human beings occurred over tens of thousands of years, and after we spread around the world taking advantage of differing sea levels caused by climate changes, most of inter continental humanity was cut off from the rest of humanity by rising sea levels.     Prior to the Age of Discovery, even within the great Eurasian landmass, almost all settled people were sedentary, unless forced to migrate because of climate change.    Which was why the steppe people like the Alans, Vandals, and Visigoths invaded Rome and Europe.     Roman coal fired power stations and their motor cars caused the climate to change.

We may think global migration is a recent phenomenon, but it has characterized most of human history. Whether we're moving halfway around the world or from one village to another, the passage of genes takes place under many circumstances, large scale and small: migration, wars, trade, slave-taking, rape, and exogamous marriage (marriage with "outsiders").

Not prior to around 3000 years ago.    And only then to a very small extent, until very recently.    This is once again, spin written to deceive. 

It takes a long time to accumulate a lot of genetic variation, because new variants arise only through mutation - copying errors from one generation to the next. On the other hand, it takes just a very small amount of migration - one individual in each generation moving from one village to another and reproducing - to prevent groups from becoming genetically distinct or isolated. Humans just haven't evolved into distinct subgroups.

People intermarrying between nearby villages hardly improved genomes at all, because within most sedentary and even nomadic populations, they were almost entirely genetically homogenous.     Which is why so many races of people today look almost exactly the same.     Most people can tell at a glance where another human’s ancestors originated.     Some races are very distinctive  because of their genetic homogeneity.     Pacific Islanders from certain island chains all look almost identical.    Same with the Somalis and the Iroquois, who’s facial features are amazingly homogenous.      My understanding of genetic mixing was that sedentary tribes and even nomadic tribes like Native Americans were very aware of the problems of genetic inbreeding, and that was why some tribes were very happy to have their genomes improved during the Age of Discovery.    They invited white explorers to breed with their breeding females.    Knowing nothing of genetics, they knew that the incidence of congenital birth defects could be greatly reduced by obtaining either male or females for breeding from as far away as possible.      The members of the Lewis and Clarke expedition were constantly invited by the native American tribes they encountered to have sex with tribal women for this reason. 

The visual differences we are attuned to don't tell us anything about what's beneath the skin. This is because human variation is highly non-concordant. Most traits are influenced by different genes, so they're inherited independently, not grouped into the few packages we call races. In other words, the presence of one trait doesn't guarantee the presence of another. Can you tell a person's eye color from their height? What about their blood type from the size of their head? What about subtler things like a person's ability to play sports or their mathematical skills? It doesn't make sense to talk about group racial characteristics, whether external or internal.

This is just gobbledegook.  It is not science.  It is diseased English engineered to fool the gullible.    

Genetic differences do exist between people, but it is more accurate to speak of ancestry, rather than race, as the root of inherited diseases or conditions.     Not everyone who looks alike or lives in the same region shares a common ancestry, so using "race" as a shorthand for ancestry can be misleading.

This seems to be a new catchword for the socialists.     You can’t say “race” so you say “ancestry” which implies the same thing.     The word “race” is now like Voldemoort.    The name which cannot be mentioned.

Sickle cell, for example, often thought of as a "racial" disease afflicting Africans, is actually a gene that confers resistance to malaria, so it occurs in areas such as central and western Africa, the Mediterranean, and Arabia, but not in southern Africa. In medicine, a simplistic view can lead to misdiagnoses, with fatal consequences. Racial "profiling" isn't appropriate on the New Jersey Turnpike or in the doctor's office. As evolutionary biologist Joseph Graves reminds us, medicine should treat individuals, not groups.

Which proves my contention that some races are genetically immune positive to human pathogens, and some are genetically immune deficient.    The guy who wrote this rubbish simply took an already known fact and simply put a spin on it.    Even though, exactly what his train of logic is, seems impossible to ascertain?    If you can figure it out, please explain it to me?  

On the other hand, the social reality of race can have biological effects. Native Americans have the highest rates of diabetes and African American men die of heart disease five times more often than white men. But is this a product of biology or social conditions?

I would say biological mixed with today social conditions?     Like a lot of other races, Native Americans evolved to live in an almost carbohydrate free environment.   So, like Pacific Islanders, feeding them carbohydrates means that they overload their genetically unique pancreas.           African Americans are harder to explain, but a diet of McDonalds, French fries, and Coke, is not the natural diet that their races evolved to eat. 

How do you measure this relationship or even determine who is Native American or African American on a genetic level?

Easy, go to AncestoryDNA and submit a sample.  

Access to medical care, health insurance, and safe living conditions can certainly affect medical outcomes. So can the stress of racism. But the reasons aren't innate or genetic.

Now he is giving a moral perspective for denying races exist, instead of a scientific perspective. 

Believing in race as biology allows us to overlook the social factors that contribute to inequality.

Taa daaaaa!     This is what he is really talking about.    He is implying that the reason for minority dysfunction is entirely “social factors”.   Genetics has nothing to do with it.     Which is code for “Blame the White Guy for Everything.”

Understanding that race is socially constructed is the first step in addressing those factors and giving everyone a fair chance in life.

Hahahaha!     This is one of the most used bits of spin that the socialists propagate.  .     They say that race is a “social construct” which implies that it is biologically invalid.   Since most people have no idea just what a “social construct” even is, it is a very effective trump card on the ignorant.  Informed people who know how to think, know that every category invented by human beings is a social construct.   That hardly negates the fact that these categorisations name identical phenomena which just happen to be very real.

This is not science, Max.     It is spin dressed up as science.     I hope that I proved that to you?   

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 24
    i can not argue or debate if you refuse to accept the science. That deal from frax or whatever says nothing about race either. And your dubious you tube videos, aside from being far right attitude, shows no actual biological charts of evidence as my biological links do. Sub races are an invention to justify slavery. I also never claimed  that "races" are equal, for everyone are people and there is less or more equality in everyone. The first link explains the answer to your question as to why lower animals are divided into sub races, but not humans. The second link gives charts, studies and evidence as to why there are not enough genetic differences in humans to be biologically be a sub race. This is a debate site, not a place for opinions; and i have given you plenty of links to scientifically support the premises. Looks, diet, location; nor morals or ideas, are not enough to produce a sub race. If that were true, then my neighbor would be a sub race to me, or I to him. You can not change my mind upon this; nor apparently can I change yours. I thought about it long and hard on if i could be wrong on this topic, but the evidence supports me. I also went through all of your reasons as to why you think we are sub races and it does not add up; looks, diet, and location is not going to do it; i am asking about genetic proof in which you fail to give. Tell me, just how much gentetic differences in animals and or humans does it take to create a sub race? There is more genetic differences in chimps on a hillside in africa than there is in all the humans on earth. There is not enough genetic differences in humans to justify your beliefs. Give me proof as to that, for i have given you plenty.  Another thing; it is odd that you posted something from wikipeadia when you refused to accept the same site on race. I even recall you saying wiki was but a far left site. @Bogan
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1717 Pts   -  
    Who suggested the Universe is founded upon fairness, equity or that these are somehow relevant in our Creator's divine plan?
    Let's suppose you're right, and the universe is founded neither upon fairness nor equity. To me that seems stronger evidence against the existence of a God than for it.
    Factfinder
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Max quote   i can not argue or debate if you refuse to accept the science.

Science really got going after the creation of the Royal Society in England, 400 years ago.    For almost all of that time, science recognised race and proposed all kinds of theories trying to explain racial categories and differences.        Some of those theories could best  be described as quaint, but we are talking about a time when there was still widespread belief in an all powerful God, even among scientists.    And, there was no knowledge at all of evolution, much less continental drift or varying sea levels.        It was not until the publication of “Evolution of Species” by Darwin that racial theories started to become more logical, even though some of them were still a bit bizarre according to what we know today.    But the fact is that science still recognised both race and racial differences.       This was even called “Scientific Racism.”

It was only after WW2 that social and political factors began demanding that science stop being scientific and instead publish only “scientific” information which their government paymasters wanted published.     Those scientists who were real scientists got “cancelled” (like James Watson) and/or had their careers destroyed and ended up flipping burgers at McDonalds.    Scientists who did not want to lose their careers learned to keep their mouths shut, at least in public.   Although, just as in the days of Galileo, they still exchanged information among themselves which would get them metaphorically burned at the stake if they said it publicly.      The fact that international genetic conferences today are held in camera with the press pointedly excluded, attests to that fact.    In addition, I have a news report that states that in the USA, any scientific subject related to race and genetics is so nuclear, that US geneticists have taken to publishing their papers in the UK.

Even one of your own links asked a series of questions in which scientists were asked about racial questions, and it gave the proportions of scientists who agreed with this new “scientific” interpretation of race.    The proportions were around 60-80% of scientists who agreed with the questions relating to whether race did not exist.       This I suppose, was meant to prove that the majority of scientists agreed that race did not exist?     But what it really displayed is, that there is at least a scientific dispute about that.     This “scientific” link you gave also claimed that those scientists who opposed the view that that race did not exist, were scientists who were just “old white men “, which is hardly scientific, nor even politically correct.

You submitted a “scientific” link to me which I examined and discovered at least four verifiable lies in it.    Any well informed person with even a smattering of high school genetics, a knowledge of human history, and a brain capable of reasoned thought, could see those lies.     I got up this morning hopeful that you read my reply and the penny had dropped, and you could see that you were being lied to?   Instead, you just went back to chanting your mantra that races do not exist, when they plainly do exist. 

Max quote  That deal from frax or whatever says nothing about race either.

You claimed that science does not recognise race.   That is provably wrong.   FRAX named race as one of the risk factors for osteoporosis.     If you did not see the word ”race” in their statement of risk factors, then go back and read it again.     Here was yet another scientific organisation, which like Forensic Anthropology, Cognitive metricians, and Genetics, which plainly recognises race and racial characteristics.      I would have thought that being proven wrong might have given you pause to think?     But it looks like your faith is so all consuming, that you are not going to let the facts get in the way of your religious beliefs?

Max quote  And your dubious you tube videos,

You did not even look at them, did you?   You were frightened that you would see something that you just did not want to see?     This is why I am all over you like a rash, Max.    I am not afraid to look at my opponent’s sources and figure out where they went wrong.   The undeniable fact is Max, that what your “scientific” links claim, is disputed by all sorts of everyday media accessible to anybody.    Your “scientists” can claim until the cows come home that genetics does not recognise race, but that sure looks silly when any informed person knows that there are DNA labs that can determine a person’s race or racial mixture down to one tenth of a percent.     Once again, you were faced with the fact that what you were being told by “science”, just happened to be provably wrong.    That at least should have given you pause to think?     But no amount of proof can prevent people from believing what they so desperately want to believe. 

Max quote   aside from being far right attitude, shows no actual biological charts of evidence as my biological links do.

The Left wing socialists today want you to believe that anybody who opposes their loony left ideology is “far right,” which they equate with Nazis.     It is just another way of them trying to prevent people thinking straight about their own bizarre beliefs.      And since western science recognised race and racial differences for almost all of it’s existence, I am sure that I could find all sorts of scientific charts from before WW2, which made all sorts of claims, some of them just plain silly.

Max quote   Sub races are an invention to justify slavery.

I gave you a full, scientific explanation as to what sub species were, and I gave you the characteristics defined by science as to what defined sub species.    I showed you how all of these characteristics were obviously applicable to human beings.     Pure, unbiased logic should have made you admit that what I submitted as evidence was obviously true.     Human races equate exactly to sub species.    But instead of acknowledging the truth of a rational argument, instead you come out with an ideological declaration that “sub races” were invented to justify slavery.    It is just amazing how far well meaning ideologues will go to deny self evident reality.     People will believe that 2+2=3 if they really want to believe it.

Max quote   I also never claimed  that "races" are equal, for everyone are people and there is less or more equality in everyone.

The Big Question today is, are races equal?    Your position on that question is more sophisticated than most of my opponents.     You know that racial differences are so glaringly obvious that no sane person can deny them.    So, you have retreated to a more defensible position.   You claim that races do not exist at all.      You can not justify your belief with a reasoned argument, all you can do is submit “scientific” links which supposedly proves your contention.   As a favour to you, I have examined one of your “scientific” links, and I thought that I had proven to you that it was in no way scientific at all?     Once again, I would have thought that it would have given you pause to think again?    But no, we are dealing with absolute belief here.

Max quote    The first link explains the answer to your question as to why lower animals are divided into sub races, but not humans.

Which was laughable.   Unlike me, it did not explain to you what a sub species was, because it did not want you to think about it.    It just made an airy declaration.    It claimed that humans could not be sub species because humans could not have evolved in the 75,000 years after they left Africa, which is disingenuous.    First, it presupposes that humans did not begin evolving while still within Africa to Africa’s already widely divergent environments.    As a supposedly intelligent person, you should have picked up on that one right away?    It also uses the fact that few people know how long it takes for a mammal to evolve to “prove” that humans could not have evolved in that timescale.     Okay, that presents a gap in my knowledge.     This is why I like debating this subject because people often come at me in ways I do not expect.    So, you can bet that I am going to try and find out how long it takes mammals to turn into sub species, to close that gap in my knowledge.    Next time, I will be even better prepared. 

Max quote     The second link gives charts, studies and evidence as to why there are not enough genetic differences in humans to be biologically be a sub race.

Your second link is 6000 words long, according to my word counter.    If you think that anything it says is relevant, then the onus is upon you to read it yourself, summarise it, and submit it as a reasoned argument.      You can even cut and paste entire sections of it, including graphs and charts, as long as you present it as your own argument.     I examined your first link because it was reasonably short, and it was easy to prove that whoever wrote it was lying.     But I am not going to do it with a 6000 word link.    Especially since you did with my last post what you usually do, just ignore most of it and just concentrate on anything that you think you can get some mileage out of.     I often wonder if you even bother to read all that I write to you? 

Max quote      This is a debate site, not a place for opinions; and i have given you plenty of links to scientifically support the premises.

This is a debate site, not a link exchange site.

Max quote   Looks, diet, location; nor morals or ideas, are not enough to produce a sub race.

According to the science of Taxonomy, what differentiates a monotypic from a polytypic species is the fact that the polytypic species is composed of a number of sub species which have certain characteristics.     Now, you and your “scientists” are claiming that the human race is monotypic.     What is a monotypic species?   A monotypic species is where all populations exhibit the same genetic and phenotypical characteristics.     Okay, now put your thinking cap on.   

Do humans all look exactly the same?    No.    Humans look so different to each other that most people can tell at a glance where another person’s ancestry evolved.      That fact alone proves that the human race is not monotypic, it is polytypic.     A polytypic species consists of sub species.    Are human beings genetically identical?    No.   Your own claim is that all humans are 99.9% identical, but that is still not identical.    And you and I do not know if that 99.9% difference applies is typical of all sub species, which I strongly suspect that it is.       But you can bet that I will try and find that out.    And I will bet that you will not try to find that out because you just do not want to know.

A polytopic species of any living organism, (and humans are living organisms) has differences in phenotypes, physical abilities, mental abilities, behaviour, diet, and even vocalisation.     Any one of these characteristics can define one sub species from another.     The living organism called “humans” has all six, and you are still claiming that your “scientific” experts are right?      I would dearly love to cross swords with your “scientific” experts, but unless you can find the dishonest sods who write these clearly wrong woke “scientific” reports, and get them onto Debate Island, then it is you who is in the hot seat.      

Max quote   If that were true, then my neighbor would be a sub race to me, or I to him.

If your neighbour is of a different race to you, then he is of a different sub species to you.     His ancestor’s evolved in isolation in an environment that was different from where your ancestors evolved.   

Max quote  You can not change my mind upon this; nor apparently can I change yours.

I could not change PamelaJohnson’s claim that the world is not flat, either.    But what this topic is about, is how people like yourself sneer at Pamela and just-sayin for their 2+2=3 mentality, while exhibiting exactly the same mindset with their own particular social fantasies.

Max quote    I thought about it long and hard on if i could be wrong on this topic, but the evidence supports me.

Your “evidence” is disputable and illogical.  

Max quote  I also went through all of your reasons as to why you think we are sub races and it does not add up; looks, diet, and location is not going to do it; i am asking about genetic proof in which you fail to give.

I gave you two youtube video’s, and one image from those video’s, which proved that science does recognise race.    I also gave you other examples which proved that science recognised race.     But because you so desperately want to believe that science does not recognise race, you simply dreamed up a lame excuse that your “scientific” links must be the only valid evidence, even though I tore one of them to bits and exposed it’s woke lies. 

Max quote  Tell me, just how much gentetic differences in animals and or humans does it take to create a sub race?

Sub species.  I do not know Max, but unlike you, you can bet I will try to find it out.    But since humans are a sub species, and humans are 99.9% genetically identical, then I would say 0.1% for all other living organisms as well.     And since the human genome is 3 billion bits of information, (which may be typical of all mammals, especially primates) then 0.1% x 3,000,000,000 = 3,000,000.     3 million genes is a lot of genetic diversity.

Max quote  There is more genetic differences in chimps on a hillside in africa than there is in all the humans on earth.

How do you know that?     I would say that some PC correct woke scientist who is not an “old white man scientist” just said it and you parrot it without bothering to even think about whether it is true of not?  We know that all humans on earth are 99.9% identical, now you tell me how much genetic diversity exists within a tribe of chimps on a hillside? 

Max quote      There is not enough genetic differences in humans to justify your beliefs.

If the oft quoted claim that all humans are 99.9% identical (one source I read claimed it was 99.8%) 3,000,000 genetic differences say that you are wrong.

Max quote     Give me proof as to that, for i have given you plenty. 

You have given me numerous “scientific” links which you probably did not even bother to read yourself.    One of them was child’s play to show it was based upon half truths and worse.

Max quote  Another thing; it is odd that you posted something from wikipedia when you refused to accept the same site on race. I even recall you saying wiki was but a far left site.

If wiki has an entire chapter on human sub species and even names them, then 18 months later that chapter completely disappears from it’s web page, it sure looks to me like just like other online media sources like Twitter, it has a left wing bias.   While it can be trusted to provide information which is usually correct, on subjects relating to woke ideology, I give its information a healthy dose of suspicion and deep mistrust.