frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Gay at birth?

124»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 538 Pts   -   edited April 23
    @Joeseph Hay Lier Boy. I don’t mean to interjet here but I will.have you ever thought of using the Quote button when your quoting some thing from some one?
    it will make your post look professional and slick even though your actual comment is far from being even near play ground standards. Just pointing it out.
  • JoesephJoeseph 711 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Hay Lier Boy

HI retard.

. I don’t mean to interjet here but I will

Because you're a troll.

.have you ever thought of using the Quote button when your quoting some thing from some one?

No , I prefer bold it looks far superior.

it will make your post look professional and slick

No it wouldn't,  it would make it look like one of your trolling personal attacks.

Speaking of professional did you ever think of attempting to get your spelling up to 4th grade standard? .......That of course would be a family first.

even though your actual comment is far from being even near play ground standards.

Says poor ole Barny who nevers takes part in debate but only trolls.

Just pointing it out

I know your problem you want your posts to look as slick as mine but don't know how to use bold .......I'm right aren't I ?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 164 Pts   -  
    No one is "gay at birth"....gay-queer-perverted is a choice made by the mentally and spiritually ill.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6084 Pts   -  
    ZeusAres42 said:

This seems pretty much on par with a chapter I recently came back to from the book called "Reason: Book I & II: A Critical Thinking- Reason-and Science-based Approach to Issues That Matter (Dr Bos Critical Thinking Series)

Without potentially infringing too much on copyright, I will say that there is a bit in this section where the Author says that even if a trait is a certain percentage, that doesn't necessarily mean that when forced upon by environmental factors, the result will be the same percentage of an expression of those genes. 

@MayCaesar

This is why I am not a biologist... While in most disciplines there are rules and rare exceptions, in biology exceptions are the rule!

Okay, we know that cells of this type are associated with lung cancer, and we know how to kill those cells off without dealing much damage to the rest of the organism - so, problem solved, right? Oops, those cells are smarter than that, see the treatment coming and diversify, leaving a viable offspring that keeps the tumor developing. No problem, we know pretty well how they diversify, so we can adjust the treatment... Oops, they adjust to the adjustment. Okay, whatever, let us just go full chemo and slaughter them all. What, you say that now the entire angiogenesis mechanism is out of whack? Okay, we can adjust the chemical treatment to make sure it does not happen. Wait, the cancer cells are back? Nooooooooo!

I have deep respect for people who can make any progress with this stuff. If everyone was like me, we would still treat everything with hot herbal teas. :pensive:
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesar said:
    ZeusAres42 said:

This seems pretty much on par with a chapter I recently came back to from the book called "Reason: Book I & II: A Critical Thinking- Reason-and Science-based Approach to Issues That Matter (Dr Bos Critical Thinking Series)

Without potentially infringing too much on copyright, I will say that there is a bit in this section where the Author says that even if a trait is a certain percentage, that doesn't necessarily mean that when forced upon by environmental factors, the result will be the same percentage of an expression of those genes. 

@MayCaesar

This is why I am not a biologist... While in most disciplines there are rules and rare exceptions, in biology exceptions are the rule!

Okay, we know that cells of this type are associated with lung cancer, and we know how to kill those cells off without dealing much damage to the rest of the organism - so, problem solved, right? Oops, those cells are smarter than that, see the treatment coming and diversify, leaving a viable offspring that keeps the tumor developing. No problem, we know pretty well how they diversify, so we can adjust the treatment... Oops, they adjust to the adjustment. Okay, whatever, let us just go full chemo and slaughter them all. What, you say that now the entire angiogenesis mechanism is out of whack? Okay, we can adjust the chemical treatment to make sure it does not happen. Wait, the cancer cells are back? Nooooooooo!

I have deep respect for people who can make any progress with this stuff. If everyone was like me, we would still treat everything with hot herbal teas. :pensive:

lol. I also forgot to add that regarding this bit, the Author also said something along the lines, "There are just some things we cannot definitively conclude and best all we can is just 'We don't know!' 

@MayCaesar
    MayCaesar