frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Do Christians have a warrant to say they are the "true" religion?

13»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -  
    @MistakenIdentity ; Translations are not flawed...some simply use a language that is not as fluid or rich as the Greek and therefore the reader is encouraged to also study the Scriptures in their original languages and in their context, but the translations are more than sufficient to convey Elohim's will for your life in Jesus Christ...you are without excuse.

You don't fear the desecration of my Lord's words...you fear the condemnation of those words because you're a godless atheist seeking to comfort a conscience that intuitively knows you deserve Hell and headed there in your present unredeemed state. 

• FactfinderFactfinder 943 Pts   -   edited May 12
    It is the arrogance and ignorance of atheism the denies the Truth of Christianity...atheists are a hoard of misfit narcissists who honor Satan in their spiritual ignorance...a horrible people who destroys lives, families, babies in the womb, pervert the sexual act as ordained by our Creator...lead the naive to Hell and the fall of Nations...these are a stain on the sustainability of any society.

It's not arrogance that causes denial of fantasy, just pragmatism. After all how dumb do you have to be to willingly deny reality for fear of a make believe hell?... The everyday proof god don't exist and believers are  Neanderthals.. . 

Crazy Christians
  • MistakenIdentityMistakenIdentity 54 Pts   -   edited May 12
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Translations are not flawed...some simply use a language that is not as fluid or rich as the Greek and therefore the reader is encouraged to also study the Scriptures in their original languages and in their context, but the translations are more than sufficient to convey Elohim's will for your life in Jesus Christ...you are without excuse.
    I hope you know that the Greek wasn't the original language of the Bible. Right? lol! You really don't know at all!

You don't fear the desecration of my Lord's words...you fear the condemnation of those words because you're a godless atheist seeking to comfort a conscience that intuitively knows you deserve Hell and headed there in your present unredeemed state.

It's not me that should fear. It seems you continue to fail to be true to the word of Jesus. This isn't me saying this, it is other Christians of several denominations that tell me something is off in the way you present and condemn others.

You are a Heretic. It is little wonder you don't declare your denomination - it's because you don't have one and you interpret and twist the Bible to make yourself feel important. 

My atheism has nothing to do with your desecrations. 
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -   edited May 12
    @MistakenIdentity ; Hebrew & Greek & Aramaic are the original languages of Scripture.

You are a lost, deceived, atheist headed to death in Hell...your opinions concerning faith and Truth are therefore irrelevant.

Your atheism is a boil on the butt of America.
  • MistakenIdentityMistakenIdentity 54 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Hebrew & Greek & Aramaic are the original languages of Scripture. 

Correct answer. I wish you had said that earlier but I am pleased our dialog is teaching you about your own religion. You're welcome!

You are a lost, deceived, atheist headed to death in Hell...your opinions concerning faith and Truth are therefore irrelevant. 
    That may well be but it is your opinions that are an abomination and heretical. It is shameful you use Jesus' teachings of peace to harm others and insult them. 

Your atheism is a boil on the butt of America.

To love thy neighbor is to accept their differences, yet you are condemning and hateful. Again you blaspheme. 

@MistakenIdentity ; To love my neighbor is not accepting differences but telling them of Elohim's love through the Gospel of Jesus our Messiah that they might find life in Jesus' Name and peace with the Father, eternally. This is true love for others. If one's "differences" run contrary to Scripture/Elohim's perfect will, these differences will not be "accepted."

• FactfinderFactfinder 943 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

To love my neighbor is not accepting differences but telling them of Elohim's love through the Gospel 

In the most hateful and bigoted ways like you consistently do?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

This is not right. This is not the way. 

To love my neighbor is not accepting differences but telling them of Elohim's love through the Gospel of Jesus our Messiah that they might find life in Jesus' Name and peace with the Father, eternally. This is true love for others. If one's "differences" run contrary to Scripture/Elohim's perfect will, these differences will not be "accepted."

One must have tolerance and patience when encountering differences. It seems you are as much at odds with people of your own religion as you are with atheism. 

You seek to harm and divide with your vitriol. Are you sure you're a true Christian or a member of a small cult?

@MistakenIdentity ; Tell the Truth...when one's life and eternity are in-play don't obfuscate...tell them the Truth about Jesus and their need for Jesus as Messiah and the Truth about Hell in unbelief...if they're insulted by that Truth...you have done what is commanded. Stand fast and if you're rejected, walk away...their fate is their own...shake the dust from your shoes...and go your way.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Tell the Truth...when one's life and eternity are in-play don't obfuscate...tell them the Truth about Jesus and their need for Jesus as Messiah and the Truth about Hell in unbelief...if they're insulted by that Truth...you have done what is commanded. Stand fast and if you're rejected, walk away...their fate is their own...shake the dust from your shoes...and go your way

Precisely. So yet again you condemn yourself by your own words. 

@MistakenIdentity ; I have told you the Truth...Jesus is Messiah who died for you and unless you believe this with a sincere heart, you will die in Hell.

• FactfinderFactfinder 943 Pts   -   edited May 12
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Translations are not flawed...some simply use a language that is not as fluid or rich as the Greek and therefore the reader is encouraged to also study the Scriptures in their original languages and in their context, but the translations are more than sufficient to convey Elohim's will for your life in Jesus Christ...you are without excuse.

Flawed translations full of contradictory and erroneous assumptions are not an excuse for not believing of the fantastical claims from a book of bronze age myths that your supposed god couldn't protect from fallibility? Wow, you really have no critical thinking abilities at all. 
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I have told you the Truth...Jesus is Messiah who died for you and unless you believe this with a sincere heart, you will die in Hell.
    It's not the words but the delivery of them and the focus on death and hate and dogma, which I don't think you fully understand. 

Factfinder
    @MistakenIdentity ; I fully understand. The problem is, you don't want to hear the Truth because the delivery is irrelevant but the message is offensive...you're dying by the second in decay and when you pass from this life, if you die in your sin (John 8:24) you will die in Hell, the second death, subsequent Judgment. There is no "polite" way to tell you this truism.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I fully understand. The problem is, you don't want to hear the Truth because the delivery is irrelevant but the message is offensive...you're dying by the second in decay and when you pass from this life, if you die in your sin (John 8:24) you will die in Hell, the second death, subsequent Judgment. There is no "polite" way to tell you this truism.
    The more you dig, the deeper you go towards doom. Please repent your heresies and abominations. It is not your function to pollute the Word. This is not normal behavior. You know this. 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6134 Pts   -  
    In the Mass Effect universe, there are highly intelligent AI-driven gigantic ships that perform "cleaning" of the Galaxy from advanced life every 50,000 years. To subvert the local population quickly upon arrival, they transmit signal that rewires the victims' brains, making them more susceptible to propaganda and, ultimately, direct commands of the AI.

However, rewiring works in an interesting way: it damages one's brain gradually. Furthermore, the more rapid the rewiring is, the disproportionally higher the degree of damage is. In the best cases, the victim is gradually exposed to very small doses of the signal, and he may retain most of his intellect while first unknowingly, and then knowingly serving the machines - his brain will gradually fall apart, but he will be able to function well for many years.
    In the worst cases, the victim is exposed to "battering" by the signal and his mental faculties will fall apart within hours: he will turn into a husk of himself, able to only follow very basic commands of the machines such as "move there" and "attack that".

It seems to be a great model of how religion works. People who take small doses of religion, reading the Bible time from time and going to church on Sunday, but otherwise living a normal life, do not degrade much intellectually: they just develop some strange views, but are able to advocate for those views somewhat rationally.
    On the other hand, people who jump into the pool of religion and let religious thinking take over become unable to make the most basic arguments. Their mental faculty has fallen apart and they cannot do much but mumble out cryptic prophecies and lash at infidels.