frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Christianity v. Athiesm; Light v. Darkness, Commonsense v. Absurdity?

Debate Information

Christianity v. Atheism; Light v. Darkness; Creation v. Evolution; Commonsense v. Absurdity

Christians are people who have sought answers to life's questions and pursed those answers not in Darwin's foolishness (Origin of the Species) but in the Canon of Scripture and Christians believe that the Scriptures are authored by Elohim, the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2), and that the Canon provides the who, what, where, when, why, concerning mankind's presence within the Realm of Time and our destiny subsequent death of the body; whereas, the atheist - evolutionist believes that life evolved from nothing via a cataclysmic explosion of energy from an unknown cause and from this chaos all life, the complex human genome, and unfathomable design was formed and functions.

Christians are people who believe that life is present for cause, life has a purpose beyond 70-years of seeking to evade death of the body. Christians believe that all of creation has manifest for cause with purpose and that Elohim (Genesis 1:1) is the Author of all life, Time, matter, and Elohim has created the Worlds for a specific eschatological purpose which is expounded upon within the Canon of Scripture and demonstrated by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Christians believe that obedience to the moral law written upon our heart by our Creator is the highest goal of human existence and that intimate relationship with our Creator is the epitome of all existence within Time and Eternity and this intimate relationship with our Creator is only possible by grace through faith in Jesus our Messiah believing that Jesus died to pay our sin-debt owed the Father, a debt we could never pay our self (John 3:16).

On the other hand, the atheist believes that life is defined by randomness and chaos and nihilism and that sensual pleasure, the flesh, the orgasm, narcissism, are the goals of existence; therefore, "if it feels good, do it"...."party hearty" because tomorrow we die.

For me personally, I'll trust the Holy Spirit's version, thank you.

ZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jackjack 508 Pts   -  

Christianity v. Atheism

Hello Rickey:

Speaking as an atheist, who wouldn't love the nice Jewish boy known as Jesus?  He was a loving man, and you're a hate filled man.  Poor fella.

excon
    Joeseph
  • JoesephJoeseph 781 Pts   -  
    But your beliefs are based on the dishonesty  of Jesus , watch as I now defeat you yet again using the very verses from your bible that prove the veracity of my claims ........what excuse can you cobble together? Just bet you resort to " out of context " where you use the bible to debunk the bible .......

Here are the quotes from Jesus that proves that he lied:

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.  “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 965 Pts   -  

Christianity v. Atheism; Light v. Darkness; Creation v. Evolution; Commonsense v. Absurdity

Christians are people who have sought answers to life's questions and pursed those answers not in Darwin's foolishness (Origin of the Species) but in the Canon of Scripture and Christians believe that the Scriptures are authored by Elohim, the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2), and that the Canon provides the who, what, where, when, why, concerning mankind's presence within the Realm of Time and our destiny subsequent death of the body; whereas, the atheist - evolutionist believes that life evolved from nothing via a cataclysmic explosion of energy from an unknown cause and from this chaos all life, the complex human genome, and unfathomable design was formed and functions.

Christians are people who believe that life is present for cause, life has a purpose beyond 70-years of seeking to evade death of the body. Christians believe that all of creation has manifest for cause with purpose and that Elohim (Genesis 1:1) is the Author of all life, Time, matter, and Elohim has created the Worlds for a specific eschatological purpose which is expounded upon within the Canon of Scripture and demonstrated by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Christians believe that obedience to the moral law written upon our heart by our Creator is the highest goal of human existence and that intimate relationship with our Creator is the epitome of all existence within Time and Eternity and this intimate relationship with our Creator is only possible by grace through faith in Jesus our Messiah believing that Jesus died to pay our sin-debt owed the Father, a debt we could never pay our self (John 3:16).

On the other hand, the atheist believes that life is defined by randomness and chaos and nihilism and that sensual pleasure, the flesh, the orgasm, narcissism, are the goals of existence; therefore, "if it feels good, do it"...."party hearty" because tomorrow we die.

For me personally, I'll trust the Holy Spirit's version, thank you.

We know, Christians seek answers via indoctrination, not education. And so far most know your elf book better than you. They hear voices in their heads and reject reality nor do they understand science.

Correct. Christian belief is nihilistic at it's core as it believes in imaginative values and non existent evidence, nothing.

Christians submit to subjective, collective morals determined by the whims of whatever cult sect one adheres to arrogantly with a nonexistent get out of jail free card.

On the other hand atheist do not believe in the imaginary and seek answers via cognitive abilities like logic, reason, factually based research and discoveries made in the exiting universe thus supporting real values. The exact opposite of your nihilistic fairytale elf god beliefs in nothing but empty imagination.

Yes we're all aware that the voices in your head feed your petulant narcissism.

Oh those crazy Christians  a reasonable faith
    Joeseph
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ; Christianity offers the World the only Hope for true life in Time and in Eternity; that is, by faith-belief-trust in Jesus as one's Messiah...Jesus is the answer.

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited May 22
    @jack ;  Atheists interpret my rhetoric as "hate" because atheists are sensitive swine and they hate the Truth.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Yet humans are supposed to be suffering for original sin yet your lying god said ...........

Deuteronomy 24:16, “children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers.”

You lose again Rickey 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Top Ten Signs You’re a Fundamentalist Christian

10 – You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 – You feel insulted and “dehumanized” when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 – You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 – Your face turns purple when you hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but you don’t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” including women, children, and trees!

6 – You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 – You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 – You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs — though excluding those in all rival sects – will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most “tolerant” and “loving.”

3 – While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some rolling around on the floor speaking in “tongues” may be all the evidence you need to “prove” Christianity.

2 – You define 0.01% as a “high success rate” when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 – You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history – but still call yourself a Christian.
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph ; In accordance with the secular "World's" definition...I am a fundamentalist, conservative, right-wing, Christian...and proud of it. 

@Joeseph ; Jesus never lied....we can take your accusations one-at-a-time if you would like...pick one...let's discuss it.

@Joeseph ;  Children do suffer for the sins of the father to the extent that the father's behavior directly modeled for the children has an influencing correlation to their future behavior, ideology, worldview....though the child is not denied access to the Kingdom due the father's atheism and personal defilement...each man and woman possesses the free will to "choose" their eternal destiny.

@Joeseph ; The first sign an atheist loser has lost the argument is "gish galloping" the comments...you are a loser.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You're insane Rickey .
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I just proved otherwise using his own words ......you've  lost again
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

We don't have free will neither does your god.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

The only one doing that is you , just look at the site you flood it with your Westboro Baptists style Hell and Brimstone horse sh-t

You call Jesus a ,

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.  “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

Jesus is not lying concerning prayers that are asked of the Father with sincerity and genuineness of heart. Elohim is not a cosmic genie but hears and entertains the sincere prayers of His children who have trusted in the Son as Messiah. Jesus is simply explaining the power of prayer when a righteous man or woman seeks Him and His wisdom in all things irrespective of the mountainous, ominous, problems or objectives that one seeks to conquer or overcome...nothing is to difficult for our omnipotent Lord...if we trust in Him (Jeremiah 32:27).

With that said, the only prayer that Elohim will hear from an atheist is one of repentance that is seeking forgiveness of sin and covenant relationship via faith in Jesus as Messiah.

You said Jesus li-ed,

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

Jesus never refuses a prayer from those who trust in Him as Messiah. The response is either wait - yes - no but in every instance the prayers of the redeemed are answered for our own good.

@Joeseph ; You said Jesus li-ed....

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

Do you have proof that Jesus has denied the legitimate and sincere prayers of another when said prayer was asked in accordance with the Father's will?

@Joeseph ; You said Jesus li-ed...

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

Jesus has not li-ed but simply teaches the power of prayer concerning the righteous in His Name that one can overcome mountainous obstacles when they seek the assistance and intercession of our omnipotent Creator. 
    @Joeseph ; You accuse Jesus of lying...

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

Do you have any proof that Jesus has lied here in these statements? If so, please present the evidence?

@Joeseph ; No cult here...just faith in Jesus as Messiah and the wherewithal to tell you the hard Truth...you are an atheistic demon headed to death in Hell in foolishness. Nothing cultic or extreme about the Truth. You will die in your sins as an unrepentant atheist.

@Joeseph ; Free will is extant among the angels and humanity by necessity as love and intimacy and personal relationship with our Creator could not exist in genuineness or authenticity or reciprocal enjoyment void free will and our Creator's free will is limited by His holiness and righteousness but that's a good thing...He is Creator of all.

You have the free will choice to choose life in Jesus or death in Satan...you have chosen foolishly. 

@Joeseph ; I have the victory in Jesus...it is you that has "lost" eternally in your atheistic absurdity and servitude to Satan.

@Joeseph ;  The lost and foolish and perverse atheist...I am insane for trusting in Jesus while your supposed to be the "sane" one for trusting in nothing/nihilism...you're the devil's fool.

Joeseph said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You're insane Rickey .
    Wow, you hit a nerve! The voices in his head must be driving him crazy!

Are Voices in my Head from God or the Devil Understanding Locutions   Divine Intimacy Radio
    @Factfinder ; No voices...but an inwardly peace and direction toward righteousness and understanding that the World cannot know or accept because it does not know Jesus as Lord. 

@Factfinder ; No voices...but an inwardly peace and direction toward righteousness and understanding that the World cannot know or accept because it does not know Jesus as Lord. 

You do not exhibit inwardly peace. Why?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Tell me how praying saved Jews who begged God through prayer to save them from the gas Chambers?

Now you're lying for Jesus, it seems to be a chritian thing.
    @Factfinder

By any standard or measurement the guy is certifiably insane
    Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Ask christians who constantly ask online why their prayers weren't answered

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Tell me how your evil god has free will when he knows all his future decisions?

Your incredibly god created mankind knowing how they would behave and then wiped them.out for behaving the way he knew they would .......you really have to be spectacularly st- pid to swallow that horse sh-t.

Joeseph said:
    @Factfinder

By any standard or measurement the guy is certifiably insane
    Agreed. And he revels in it. A source of pride he tries to pass off as "loving jesus".
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder

It's beyond hilarious that he's claimed you and I are Atheists ,  Catholics , satanists ,followers of Allah , Stalinists and yet we are both totally unaware of it.....gonna come as a shock to my wife when i start demanding shes wears a Burqa.. 
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph @Factfinder ; The Jewish/Israeli people are under Judgment...they were gifted as the apple of Elohim's eye (Zechariah 2:8) and blessed, protected, sustained, sanctified, as Elohim's chosen but they opted to reject their Messiah sent specifically to them (Matthew 15:24); the Jews falsely accused their Messiah of blasphemy; they had Him scourged beyond recognition and ultimately murdered upon a tree via suffocation while simultaneously demanding that Messiah's blood be upon them and their children (Matthew 27:25); this, while rejecting the Gospel and their ordination as ministers of the Great Commission; for these reasons, Israel's children are presently under Judgment and will remain so until the fullness of the Gentiles have entered the Kingdom (Romans 11:25) and as a result of Israel's unfaithfulness, only a mere "remnant" of Israel's children will escape the "second death" in Hell (Isaiah 10:22; Romans 9:27) and that saved "remnant" primarily consists of those who endure the Tribulation era having been proselytized by the 144,000 sanctified Jewish witnesses, representatives of the 12-Tribes, spoken of in Jesus' Revelation through John, Chapter 7. 

Concerning those Jews who suffered the Holocaust, their prayers; understand this, let it be known that Elohim only hears the prayers of those who belong to Him through Covenant promise and the prayers of atheists, agnostics, religionists, cults, sects, are not heard or entertained by Elohim lest that prayer is one seeking repentance and New Covenant relationship by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, which establishes intimate relationship with the Father and is sealed and guaranteed by the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 9:31; Ephesians 1:13-14). Unless one is in the family of Elohim by faith in Jesus as Messiah, they belong to Satan, their prayers are impotent and their lives nihilistic having no significance presently or eschtologically.

Concerning Christians who have allegedly not had their prayers answered, this is a false premise. Elohim answers every prayer with either Yes, No, Wait. Elohim is not a sky-daddy guru eagerly awaiting, obligated, to the beckoning of sinful humanity. Additionally, there is no evidence that these allegedly spurned "Christians" were truly Christians. The World is replete with men and women who profess to be Christians but they are servants of the World, they've never entered into covenant relationship with the Father by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ...these are as theologically useless, perhaps more so, as a demonically controlled atheist concerning furthering the eschatological will of our Creator in Time.  

31 We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him. John 9:31 (ESV)

Atheists who obviously don't our Creator or His will blaspheme our Creator for failing to answer prayer; this is especially relevant concerning Jews-Israelite's and the Holocaust...what happened?

The Jewish/Israeli people are under Judgment...they were gifted as the apple of Elohim's eye (Zechariah 2:8) and blessed, protected, sustained, sanctified, as Elohim's chosen but they opted to reject their Messiah sent specifically to them (Matthew 15:24); the Jews falsely accused their Messiah of blasphemy; they had Him scourged beyond recognition and ultimately murdered upon a tree via suffocation while simultaneously demanding that Messiah's blood be upon them and their children (Matthew 27:25); this, while rejecting the Gospel and their ordination as ministers of the Great Commission; for these reasons, Israel's children are presently under Judgment and will remain so until the fullness of the Gentiles have entered the Kingdom (Romans 11:25) and as a result of Israel's unfaithfulness, only a mere "remnant" of Israel's children will escape the "second death" in Hell (Isaiah 10:22; Romans 9:27) and that saved "remnant" primarily consists of those who endure the Tribulation era having been proselytized by the 144,000 sanctified Jewish witnesses, representatives of the 12-Tribes, spoken of in Jesus' Revelation through John, Chapter 7. 

Concerning those Jews who suffered the Holocaust, their prayers; understand this, let it be known that Elohim only hears the prayers of those who belong to Him through Covenant promise and the prayers of atheists, agnostics, religionists, cults, sects, are not heard or entertained by Elohim lest that prayer is one seeking repentance and New Covenant relationship by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, which establishes intimate relationship with the Father and is sealed and guaranteed by the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 9:31; Ephesians 1:13-14). Unless one is in the family of Elohim by faith in Jesus as Messiah, they belong to Satan, their prayers are impotent and their lives nihilistic having no significance presently or eschtologically.

Concerning Christians who have allegedly not had their prayers answered, this is a false premise. Elohim answers every prayer with either Yes, No, Wait. Elohim is not a sky-daddy guru eagerly awaiting, obligated, to the beckoning of sinful humanity. Additionally, there is no evidence that these allegedly spurned "Christians" were truly Christians. The World is replete with men and women who profess to be Christians but they are servants of the World, they've never entered into covenant relationship with the Father by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ...these are as theologically useless, perhaps more so, as a demonically controlled atheist concerning furthering the eschatological will of our Creator in Time.  

31 We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him. John 9:31 (ESV)

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Ha, Ha god answers all prayers with a yes or no ...........read that again it's hilarious 
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph ; Of course it's hilarious, your father mocks along with you...enjoy your path to Hades.

Joeseph said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Ha, Ha god answers all prayers with a yes or no ...........read that again it's hilarious 
    Of course he does...if your income tax refund comes today god said 'yes', if not, it said 'no'. hahaha  What a tool ricky is. He actually thinks he has 'wisdom from the living word' LOL
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder ; I tell you what the Holy Spirit teaches...you are dying in your sin and headed to death in Hell....this is Truth.

@Factfinder ; I tell you what the Holy Spirit teaches...you are dying in your sin and headed to death in Hell....this is Truth.

You tell me what you indoctrination espouses...you are languishing in ignorance, 'sin' is a useless term and that's fact.
    @Factfinder ; You are a sinner languishing in your sin which has created a chasm between you and your Creator and unless you repent and trust-believe fully in Jesus as your Messiah, you will die in your sin and die in Hell because that unrepentant sin will NOT be permitted to enter the Kingdom (Rev 21:27).

• FactfinderFactfinder 965 Pts   -   edited May 24
    @Factfinder ; You are a sinner languishing in your sin which has created a chasm between you and your Creator and unless you repent and trust-believe fully in Jesus as your Messiah, you will die in your sin and die in Hell because that unrepentant sin will NOT be permitted to enter the Kingdom (Rev 21:27).

In your own words define 'sin' in detail. Your fairy elf god doesn't make it about crime except as an after thought. Sin biblically is not believing in the nonsense of scripture. So in your own words, what's sin?

Unbelief Is The Only Unforgivable Sin - Christian Concepts
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder

It's like saying a coin toss  is always right if you always call heads as the toss always lands either side.
    Factfinder
  • It would be interesting to see what is actually going on in the ops brain here I think.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

ARGUMENT TOPIC: EVERYONE IS A SINNER WHO DOESNT WORSHIP RICKEYS " LOVING" GOD ........YEAH RIGHT.....

More Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14) as Rickeys loving God demands

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
  • jackjack 508 Pts   -   edited May 24

Hello Rickey:

Get OFF my porch, you nut bag!

excon
    @jack ; You're ON MY PORCH thug...go back to prison where you belong.
    @Joeseph ; So what?
    @ZeusAres42 ;  You are dead spiritually, you do not possess the cognitive or spiritual ability to understand...you're an irrelevant atheist in a hoard of atheists headed to death in Hell...you cannot know.
  • @ZeusAres42 ;  You are dead spiritually, you do not possess the cognitive or spiritual ability to understand...you're an irrelevant atheist in a hoard of atheists headed to death in Hell...you cannot know.
    I mean it would indeed be interesting to see what is going on in this guys brain on a Physical level. 

I imagine there's quite a bit of neurological activity.