frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

God is far more evil than the Devil?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD ; One question, Dee...just ONE question at a time, Dee. Can you set aside your vitriol and do that?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

****Can you set aside your vitriol and do that?

It’s just I’m totally anti slavery as approved by your god and Jesus , I know these things make you proud as punch but hey you’re a Christian and just doing as god and Jesus approved .......
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Dee ; Have you studied slavery in the Bible...was it slavery or indentured servitude? Were those slaves forced to remain forever or did they have an option...were they captured or where they refugees of war, starving, homeless, helpless?

https://www.theologyofwork.org/old-testament/exodus-and-work/israel-at-mount-sinai-exodus-191-4038/instructions-about-work-exodus-201-17-and-211-239/case-laws-in-the-book-of-the-covenant-exodus-211-2333/slavery-or-indentured-servitude-exodus-211-11

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

You’ve never read a Bible , you don’t even realise there were totally different rules for a Hebrew slave compared to others yet you will persist in lying just to save face ....... The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.......

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Selling your daughters as approved by your god .....

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

How to beat a slave as approved by your god 

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You think owning people as property is moral right ?  

• I believe that God is not far more evil than satan. Why? Even though God had allowed satan to take job's possessions away, Job was still faithful to god, and when god saw that job was still faithful to him, he doubled Job's previous possessions, and why god allows the bad stuff to happen is because:one, the people's heart was not to god, two:Satan is the ruler of this world. Luke 4:5-6:Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever i wish."  
  • But, there will come a time that the bad guys will be cast in the lake of fire, the second death. Revelation 20:14-15 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."