frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Religion of today will eventually become the Ancient legends/myths of Yesterday

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Dr_Maybe

Your non Religion perception is self serving your non Religion argument well.

And good for you, in how you self present your argument, to self suit your perception? 

The Religion of today will eventually become the Ancient legends/myths of Yesterday.

@Dr_Maybe

My counter argument to your non Religion argument. 

No, it wont, regardless of how Religion in general, is perceived or viewed.

Religion has been around for how long now, 2000 plus years? 

It will be around even after this current generation of humanity has passed its time, and the future generations of humanity, will still continue to travel and go to their Religious Buildings of choice, and exercise their Freedoms of Religion: Islam, Christianity, Catholicism, and the other Religions. 

Sharing in the shared community experience, and helping out their fellow humans, IE the homeless, the poor, and those seeking clothing, or shelter.

People of all ages, have been going to a religious buildings, of their choices all this week, and they will be doing the same this weekend, wont they? 

Dr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***I’l” rephrase the question for you, based on you being an Atheist, right? 

You’re off topic the debate is not about me 

****What is legendary or mythical about Atheism? 

Read above 

***I was just asking a question, based on the theme of the forum?

That’s not the theme of the forum you’re trolling .....again 

****And what is this off topic information about?

Glad you admit it’s off topic as you’re the one who brought Strobel up 

***Do you know what , in reality stands for? 

Beautiful Scriptures, 

You want to call Bull Sh.t beautiful fine 

****that are pro community, and pro family, and Pro Religious Freedom.

I know as they approve of slavery which Americans love 

****Isn't this comment from you off topic? 

No it’s accurate as you’re trolling .....again

PlaffelvohfenTKDB
    @Dee

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to be fairly, and equally educated from your perception?

"You’re off topic, the debate is not about me"

@Dee, I didn't make the debate about you.

I'm asking a fair and equal question.

What is legendary or mythical about Atheism?

The Religion of today will eventually become the Ancient legends/myths of Yesterday.

The non Religion notion of Athiesm, is just as legendary, and as mythical as Religion itself is.

My argument is that Religion, is pro community, and pro family oriented, while the notion of Athiesm in general, is or isn't pro community, or pro family oriented?

That aspect of the Athiesm notion, is unclear to me, and the rest of the non Religious public, and it's what I'm hoping that you, or @ZeusAres42, or @Plaffelvohfen can explain? 

PlaffelvohfenDeeDr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You’re still trolling ..... Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @TKDB

You’re still trolling ..... Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

My answer to your perception:

"You’re still trolling ..... Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate."

I find it extremely educational to have found the below article, like this, in regards to the apparent, "Atheist perception"

And challenge any Atheist to provide a fair and equal perception to support their Atheist perception(s)?

https://www.atheistrev.com/2008/03/all-children-are-born-atheists.html

"Atheist Revolution"

"Breaking free from irrational belief and opposing Christian extremism."

March 5, 2008

All Children are Born Atheists

"Anyone who understands the definition of atheism must acknowledge that all children are born atheists, including those born to Christian parents. Atheism is nothing more than the lack of acceptance of the theistic belief claim (i.e., some god or gods exist). A theist is one who believes that god(s) exist; an atheist is one who does not share this belief. The newborn child cannot even entertain such possibilities and thus lacks theistic belief. Atheism is the default position, and this is where we all begin.

In order for Christians to argue against the reality that all children are born atheists, they must distort the meaning of atheism. They must convince themselves and their audience that atheism is a religion, a philosophy, or a worldview. They claim that atheism is an explicit repudiation of religion and that it involves "faith" that no gods exist. Such distortions in the meaning of atheism allow them to claim that children cannot be born atheist because atheism requires the same sort of deliberate choice required by religious belief.

Atheism is not a belief system but lack of acceptance of one particular belief. It requires no faith; it is the absence of faith. It is the null hypothesis, the default condition, the natural starting point for each of us.

But why must Christians distort the meaning of atheism at all? Why should they even care if their children are born atheists, especially when it is likely that they will begin brainwashing them at an early age? There are many reasons, ranging from a need to see the child as connected to them through the manner they consider most important (i.e., religion) to the harsh implications of infant mortality to their belief system.

To expand on this latter point, consider the Christian parent whose child dies before the child is capable of forming the thoughts necessary to comprehend theistic belief. According to this parent's own Christian doctrine, this child is likely destined for hell. This is where non-believers go, and this child is clearly a non-believer. The Catholics toyed with limbo as a way out, but the evangelical Protestants now engaging in America's "culture wars" never really warmed to this idea. Even theism will be insufficient for such a parent, as a personal relationship with Jesus is thought to be the only vehicle for salvation.

It should be remembered that Christians have created this doctrine for themselves and should be solely responsible for unraveling the many conundrums it presents. Distorting atheism is not an acceptable way out of the mess they have made."

Labels: Atheism

Is there a Atheist Neurologist, Psychiatrist, or Psychologist, or a Pediatrics Doctor, who can share some realty based facts on the above Atheist made statement? 

Where is the FACTUAL evidence to support such an Atheist created claim?
    "Anyone who understands the definition of atheism must acknowledge that all children are born atheists, including those born to Christian parents."

And this statement is even more disturbing that the above claim is?

"But why must Christians distort the meaning of atheism at all? Why should they even care if their children are born atheists, especially when it is likely that they will begin brainwashing them at an early age?"

Again, where is the FACTUAL evidence to support such an Atheist created claim?

Is there a Atheist Neurologist, Psychiatrist, or Psychologist, or a Pediatrics Doctor, who can share some realty based facts on the above Atheist made statement? 

PlaffelvohfenDeeDr_Maybe
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen

You're off topic, and have been .
    PlaffelvohfenDeeDr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
     That gave me a great laugh it’s spot on
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Says you who cannot stay on topic 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Reported for trolling 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

You're again off topic, and have been . 
    Dr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Incorrect I reported you for trolling that’s a statement of fact and it’s you who is off topic as you keep asking questions unrelated to the topic ......
    Youve been warned several times and I’m reporting you again 
    Plaffelvohfen
    The Atheist doctrine is to apparently label the Religious adults as "Brainwashing," adults?

And I call that type of language, unjust internet harassment.

@Plaffelvohfen ; What say you? Where is your fair and equal Atheist response at? 

Is your off topic meme, is your Atheist response? 

@Dee;

"Says you who cannot stay on topic"

@Dee

I am very much on topic, and I've even provided, a Pro Atheist based website, to help educate this forum with?

Where is your fair and equal Atheist response to the below websites pro Atheist rhetoric?

I find it extremely educational to have found the below article, like this, in regards to the apparent, "Atheist perception"

And challenge any Atheist to provide a fair and equal perception to support their Atheist perception(s)?

https://www.atheistrev.com/2008/03/all-children-are-born-atheists.html

"Atheist Revolution"

"Breaking free from irrational belief and opposing Christian extremism."

March 5, 2008

All Children Are Born Atheists

@Dee:
    Or
    @Plaffelvohfen:
    Any comment to share? 

"Anyone who understands the definition of atheism must acknowledge that all children are born atheists, including those born to Christian parents. Atheism is nothing more than the lack of acceptance of the theistic belief claim (i.e., some god or gods exist). A theist is one who believes that god(s) exist; an atheist is one who does not share this belief. The newborn child cannot even entertain such possibilities and thus lacks theistic belief. Atheism is the default position, and this is where we all begin.

@Dee:
    Or 
    @Plaffelvohfen:
    Any comment to share?

"In order for Christians to argue against the reality that all children are born atheists, they must distort the meaning of atheism. They must convince themselves and their audience that atheism is a religion, a philosophy, or a worldview. They claim that atheism is an explicit repudiation of religion and that it involves "faith" that no gods exist. Such distortions in the meaning of atheism allow them to claim that children cannot be born atheist because atheism requires the same sort of deliberate choice required by religious belief."

@Dee:
    Or 
    @Plaffelvohfen:
    Any comment to share?

"Atheism is not a belief system but lack of acceptance of one particular belief. It requires no faith; it is the absence of faith. It is the null hypothesis, the default condition, the natural starting point for each of us."

@Dee ;
    Or 
    @Plaffelvohfen:
    Any comment to share? 

"But why must Christians distort the meaning of atheism at all? Why should they even care if their children are born atheists, especially when it is likely that they will begin brainwashing them at an early age? There are many reasons, ranging from a need to see the child as connected to them through the manner they consider most important (i.e., religion) to the harsh implications of infant mortality to their belief system."

@Dee
    Or
    @Plaffelvohfen:
    Any comment to share? 

"To expand on this latter point, consider the Christian parent whose child dies before the child is capable of forming the thoughts necessary to comprehend theistic belief. According to this parent's own Christian doctrine, this child is likely destined for hell. This is where non-believers go, and this child is clearly a non-believer. The Catholics toyed with limbo as a way out, but the evangelical Protestants now engaging in America's "culture wars" never really warmed to this idea. Even theism will be insufficient for such a parent, as a personal relationship with Jesus is thought to be the only vehicle for salvation."

@Dee
    Or 
    @Plaffelvohfen:
    Any comment to share? 

"It should be remembered that Christians have created this doctrine for themselves and should be solely responsible for unraveling the many conundrums it presents. Distorting atheism is not an acceptable way out of the mess they have made."

Labels: Atheism

@Dee
    Or
    @Plaffelvohfen:

Is there a Atheist Neurologist, Psychiatrist, or Psychologist, or a Pediatrics Doctor, who can share some realty based facts on the above Atheist made statement? 

Where is the FACTUAL evidence to support such an Atheist created claim?
    "Anyone who understands the definition of atheism must acknowledge that all children are born atheists, including those born to Christian parents."

And this statement is even more disturbing that the above claim is?

"But why must Christians distort the meaning of atheism at all? Why should they even care if their children are born atheists, especially when it is likely that they will begin brainwashing them at an early age?"

Again, where is the FACTUAL evidence to support such an Atheist created claim?

Is there a Atheist Neurologist, Psychiatrist, or Psychologist, or a Pediatrics Doctor, who can share some realty based facts on the above Atheist made statement? 

PlaffelvohfenDeeDr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Reported yet again for trolling you’re not even attempting to stay on topic 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    DeeZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2768 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    Dee said:
    @TKDB

*****What is legendary or mythical about Atheism? 

Where did I say it was either?

That truly was a LOL moment when I read that. I mean indeed, what is so legendary and mythical about people who don't have legendary and mythical beliefs? ;) @Dee
    Dee

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

What is legendary or mythical about Atheism? 

Have a look at this new forum:

Can any Atheist explain some of the statements made by this website: "Atheist Revolution"

Dr_Maybe

• Now, what I want to know is what is so legendary and mythical about people that don't believe in leprechauns? Why don't you try and educate yourself on that instead?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Just when I thought he couldn't ask a more ridiculous question he actually surpasses himself.

At least mr Dawkins hasn't been mentioned for a while

That Sealion strip you posted had me laughing out loud it's so typically T 

I love the part where the woman says " leave me alone I'm having breakfast " and the Sealion ( TDKB) replies " very well we will resume in an hour "
    ZeusAres42
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ; Theologically speaking, Christianity is not a religion but of all the World's religions or faiths, Christianity is the only coherent worldview defining origin, meaning, morality, destiny, and directly answers with logical consistency, empirical adequacy, experiential relevance; the Scriptures will never pass away and Dawkins and every atheist like him will have died in Hell and not one jot or tittle of the word of God will have passed away.

ZeusAres42Dr_Maybe
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6096 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Atheism, by definition, is lack of theist beliefs. Does it not seem obvious that children who have just been born have no knowledge of any religions, gods, holy books, et cetera?

I am not sure what factual evidence you are looking for. You can try to interact with a child who can barely speak yet and ask them what they think about Jesus Christ or Allah. You can even write a research paper on your findings!

How do you think people come across religion in the first place? Do you envision it as a primal hunter chasing a panther in the forest, then suddenly stopping and realising, "Wait, this land was created by god in 7 days, and Jesus sacrificed himself so we could be free on this land. Now I see!"?
    Of course not. Children are not exposed to any religion, until parents start teaching them theist ideas. The default state of a human being, indeed, is atheism.
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Be careful not to mock a bald man your boss doesn’t like it ........

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria. 

@Dee Your point is? Why do you disparage God's word because it's open and articulates the depravity of mankind? If it were whitewashed and pure of sin, you would accuse the word of lies and deceit. The Holy Spirit hides nothing from you and tells you Truth but you mock Him. Do you not care that you're presently seeking death in your sin and unless you repent and trust in Jesus Christ you will die in Hell without hope? Does even this possibility concern you?
    DeeDr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Be careful not to mock a bald man your boss doesn’t like it ........

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria. 

@Dee Why have you repeated yourself? This not a good sign.
    DeeDr_Maybe
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

***Why  have you repeated yourself? This not a good sign

Why have you repeated yourself? This not a good sign