frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should Christians accept legal gay marriages?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  

1) The Book of Mormon is a cultic book by a man named Joseph Smith. The writings are not inspired as they contradict the sufficiency of Jesus Christ as Lord for the remission of sin and life in Eternity. Mormonism is a cult of death.

2) Every word in the Scriptures from The Genesis to the Revelation are the words of Jesus Christ-Yeshua and Jesus said much about sexual immorality.

3) I have every right to express the Truth of God's Words...if you desire to debate them that too is your right but my format is immutable as I represent my Lord's words/His Truth.

Blastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
     I'm not debating...there is nothing to debate. You will either believe in Jesus and live or you'll continue to reject Him and die in your sin (John 8:24). The decision to live or die in Eternity is yours.
    @RickeyD You were never here to debate in the first place. You blatantly have zero respect for anybody else's views and only come on here to spread your interpretation of a book and then bash any viewpoint that is not yours. This is proven by your half-baked arguments and conclusions that are not factually sound in a debate environment. I have you seen you attempt to justify your views, terribly, with opinionated bias pieces. However, you clearly don't respect the debate environment when your viewpoints are "bow down to my religion or you are wrong". You have many, many fallacies in your interactions it's not even funny. I honestly have no idea why you are here on a debate website in the first place other than to troll, do you have nothing better to do with your retirement?

It is sad that modern debate is becoming more and more like Rickey's interactions.

why so serious?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD I'm sorry, I actually thought you were a moron Mormon. That however does not excuse you from failing to follow the divinely inspired works of Joseph Smith, a modern day saint. His word is the true word of god, there is no denying it. Anyone who does not accept it will of course, die a second death in hell, because that is what the Mormon's say, and there is no contradiction. You would know that if you studied it.

Speaking of which, why don't you accept the word of Joseph Smith? If you can't trust him, then how can you trust any other part of the bible?

The book of Mormon is as much the word of Jesus Christ-Yeshua as the rest of it.

If you express the word of god, but not the Mormon word, then you are only preaching a half truth.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
    @smoothie ; I am simply here out of obedience to tell you of my Lord's Truth and that He died so that you could live by trusting in Him as your Lord and Savior for the remission of sin which is essential for your entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven subsequent to the death of your body in Time. My Lord loves you and has put me here to invite you to pursue a relationship with Him by trusting in what Jesus Christ did for you at the Cross on Golgotha some 2000-years ago...He died in your place so that you could receive His righteousness/perfection over your life if you'll trust in Him as Lord.

Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Happy_Killbot1) Joseph Smith is not a prophet...He was a heretic.

2) Joseph Smith has nothing to do with the Scriptures...he is a self-proclaimed messiah...

3) There is no truth in Mormonism.

@RickeyD Can you PROVE that he was a heretic?

Can you prove he has nothing to do with scriptures?

Can you prove there is no truth in Mormonism?

LOL now you know how I feel talking to fundamentalist's like you!

If you can't prove any of these things, then you know nothing. 

Ready? Watch this!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Jesus is not prophet... He was heretic.

2)Jesus Christ has nothing to do with the scripture... he is a self- proclaimed messiah...

3) There is no truth in Christianity.

Did Jesus exist? https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/18/did-historical-jesus-exist-the-traditional-evidence-doesnt-hold-up/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the problem here? If you can assert that Jesus is god without evidence, someone else can say Joseph Smith was god without evidence.

Who is more right? Who is more wrong? What if you are both wrong? Who know! You can't!

That is why saying "the bible says it's wrong so it is" is a bad argument, and Christians should accept gay marriage.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Happy_Killbot ; You will believe the words of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit as provided you in the Canon of Scripture or you won't...the decision is yours to make. I suggest a very diligent study as your eternal destiny is in the balance.

Happy_KillbotsmoothieBlastcat
    @RickeyD ;You will believe the words of Joseph Smith and the Holy Spirit as provided you in the Canon of Scripture or you won't...the decision is yours to make. I suggest a very diligent study as your eternal destiny is in the balance.

@Happy_Killbot ; OK...thanks.

Happy_KillbotBlastcat
    @YeshuaBought ; What would a practicing lesbian-bi-sexual, baby-mutilating advocate know about Christianity? You are not "bought" by Yeshua, you serve Satan, daily.

PlaffelvohfenYeshuaBoughtsmoothieBlastcat
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; What would a practicing lesbian-bi-sexual, baby-mutilating advocate know about Christianity? You are not "bought" by Yeshua, you serve Satan, daily.

You don't have the right to judge me, because you are not God. I am doing nothing wrong, by disagreeing with some of your opinions. You have failed to prove that something without brainwaves is a baby, and I don't care what you think about someone's right, to their marital choices. 
    smoothie
    @YeshuaBought ; You have judged yourself by your sexual immorality and your advocacy concerning the mutilation of babies in the womb. I only speak with a "righteous judgment."  Your user name mocks God as well.

smoothieBlastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; You have judged yourself by your sexual immorality and your advocacy concerning the mutilation of babies in the womb. I only speak with a "righteous judgment."  Your user name mocks God as well.

You are a . i am not sexually active, and I won't be, until I am married to my husband or wife. All sexual orientation means, is who you are attracted to. You are a , and the abuse stops now. i am reporting your other comment for abuse.
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    RickeyD said:
    @RickeyD There you go off again judging everybody instead of looking at your own self. You are supposed to be old and wise, yet you have the same manners and behaviors as an 8 year old child? I pity your parents.

RickeyD said:
    You are the only one judging them. You are a bully and you only speak with half your a**. GET A LIFE. I am frankly sick of your trolling all over this site and many others are sick and tired of your bully tactics, you really need to rethink yourself.
    PlaffelvohfenYeshuaBought
    why so serious?
    smoothie said:
    RickeyD said:
    @RickeyD There you go off again judging everybody instead of looking at your own self. You are supposed to be old and wise, yet you have the same manners and behaviors as an 8 year old child? I pity your parents.

RickeyD said:
    You are the only one judging them. You are a bully and you only speak with half your a**. GET A LIFE. I am frankly sick of your trolling all over this site and many others are sick and tired of your bully tactics, you really need to rethink yourself.
    Agreed. The sad thing is, @RickyD and I might agree on some doctinal matters, but the Christian church and even the world, is so divided over hate and politics. i respect everyone's right to their own opinion, but i don't think everyone has the right to their own facts. I am neither liberal nor conservative, as i consider individual issues, but I agree with liberals on supporting the right of consenting adults to their marital choices. Just to be clear: i am not saying that sexual orentation is a choice, because it is not. What I am saying is that consenting adults, have the absolute right to marry their consenting adult partner, case closed. I also want to clarify, that there are other Christians out their, who agree with me. I don't see this as a left or right issue, i see this as a human rights issue. Do i doubt myself every single day because of fear? I will be the first to say yes. That said, Jesus is the god of Love, and Scripture says that salvation is not by works. To my knowledge, there is no Biblical command, that I have to hold certain political positions to go to Heaven, but according to Jesus, i am morally obligated to love God with all of me, and love my neighbor, as I love myself. How can I do that, if i preach hate gainst consenting adults? The Bible also says that perfect love casts out all fear. I know we disagree on most religious matters, but we do agree on gay rights.
    @YeshuaBought @smoothie Telling the Truth is not hate or bigoty and you do NOT know Yeshua as you live contrary to His will for your life. You serve Satan in your spiritual ignorance and rebellion. You live a lie and you point guilty fingers when it is YOU that seeks to justify sin that cannot be justified other than by true repentance and honest-abiding faith in Jesus Christ-Yeshua as Lord and Savior over your life. Both of you are living/existing in a lie and you are headed to a death in sin and Hell lest you repent.

smoothieBlastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought @smoothie Telling the Truth is not hate or bigoty and you do NOT know Yeshua as you live contrary to His will for your life. You serve Satan in your spiritual ignorance and rebellion. You live a lie and you point guilty fingers when it is YOU that seeks to justify sin that cannot be justified other than by true repentance and honest-abiding faith in Jesus Christ-Yeshua as Lord and Savior over your life. Both of you are living/existing in a lie and you are headed to a death in sin and Hell lest you repent.

You don't have the right to decide who does and does not know the Lord our God. Whether I do or do not know the Almighty, is between him, and myself. Mind your own business, and stop forcing your political opinion, on other people. it really is none of your damn business, pun intended!
    @YeshuaBought ; Jesus told the faithful that we would know His followers by their deeds, their works, their behavior. You do NOT not know Yeshua as you are a servant of Satan in your bisexual-lesbian immorality and your advocacy for the murder of babies in the womb. This is truth!  You are the walking dead in your unrepentant sin and Satan has blinded your mind and deceived you into thinking that you're a child of the Living God when you're actually a lost and dying child of the god of this age, Satan (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Jesus told the faithful that we would know His followers by their deeds, their works, their behavior. You do NOT not know Yeshua as you are a servant of Satan in your bisexual-lesbian immorality and your advocacy for the murder of babies in the womb. This is truth!  You are the walking dead in your unrepentant sin and Satan has blinded your mind and deceived you into thinking that you're a child of the Living God when you're actually a lost and dying child of the god of this age, Satan (2 Corinthians 4:4).

You don't have the right to decide who does and does not know Jesus. Only He does. it is really none of your business. You are guilty of the no true Scotsman fallacy. What you are saying when you say that Christians cannot be bisexual, or support the LGBTQI+ community, is like saying: I eat porrage, because I'm a true Scotsman, and if you don't like porrage, you're not a true Scotsman.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the moral or logical right, to your own facts.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020

1) It's not necessary that I decide anything...you have made your choice and your words and actions and aberrant affections beguile you.

2) Your fallacy argument is without merit. You CANNOT be active in a deathstyle of lesbianism-homosexuality and simultaneously enjoy a relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in Jesus as Lord and have received the indwelling Holy Spirit as the Seal and Guarantor of relationship...IT WON'T HAPPEN!  You are living a life of self-deception and you do NOT know God the Father and you do NOT know Yeshua.

smoothieBlastcat
    RickeyD said:

1) It's not necessary that I decide anything...you have made your choice and your words and actions and aberrant affections beguile you.

2) Your fallacy argument is without merit. You CANNOT be active in a deathstyle of lesbianism-homosexuality and simultaneously enjoy a relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in Jesus as Lord and have received the indwelling Holy Spirit as the Seal and Guarantor of relationship...IT WON'T HAPPEN!  You are living a life of self-deception and you do NOT know God the Father and you do NOT know Yeshua.

you don't have the right to dictate whether I do or do not know Jesus, and if you don't knock it off, there will be a problem. I have done nothing wrong, and sexual orentation, is not a choice. 
    @YeshuaBought ; Don't threaten me. You have no bases for a threat...you're wrong. You cannot know Yeshua as Lord and willingly compromise with the Devil. Aberrant sexual orientation IS a CHOICE. Your "feelings" of aberrant lust don't mandate compromise; you CHOOSE to engage in sexual immorality, willingly and with intent. As long as you defy God's will for your life, you will remain lost and dying in sin without hope. You must be willing to STOP-repent of your immorality and acknowledge Yeshua as Lord, receive the Holy Spirit and seek a life of honor, dignity, faithfulness, obedience, to the written word of God and the Living Word of God, Yeshua.

smoothieBlastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Don't threaten me. You have no bases for a threat...you're wrong. You cannot know Yeshua as Lord and willingly compromise with the Devil. Aberrant sexual orientation IS a CHOICE. Your "feelings" of aberrant lust don't mandate compromise; you CHOOSE to engage in sexual immorality, willingly and with intent. As long as you defy God's will for your life, you will remain lost and dying in sin without hope. You must be willing to STOP-repent of your immorality and acknowledge Yeshua as Lord, receive the Holy Spirit and seek a life of honor, dignity, faithfulness, obedience, to the written word of God and the Living Word of God, Yeshua.

Go **** yourself! You don't have the right to dictate, who is and is not a Christian. If you have the right to say what you are saying, I have the right to say what I want to you. Freedom of speech is a right, but other people also have the right to freedom of speech, to challenge you. I stand by what I have said, and the more you try to judge who I am, the more of a problem, I will create for you. If you want to post on my debate, you will go by my rules. 
    @YeshuaBought ; Again, you defile and deny the holiness of God and His righteous mandates concerning those who love Him and seek to serve Him in the Kingdom. You are deceiving yourself if you believe that Yeshua is your Lord as you willfully live in rebellion to His word. Unless you repent of your sin, your sexual immorality and rebellion toward God and His will for your life, you will not find life in the Kingdom of God but you will die in sin and die a second death in Hell without hope.

Without repentance, without being "born again" by the Spirit of God, you have no hope of life in God's Kingdom! If you truly desire to know and love God, you must be willing to live in accordance with His righteous decrees and the power and strength to accomplish this is ONLY possible by receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit through repentance of sin and belief in Yeshua as Lord for the remission of said sin! There is no other Way!

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Again, you defile and deny the holiness of God and His righteous mandates concerning those who love Him and seek to serve Him in the Kingdom. You are deceiving yourself if you believe that Yeshua is your Lord as you willfully live in rebellion to His word. Unless you repent of your sin, your sexual immorality and rebellion toward God and His will for your life, you will not find life in the Kingdom of God but you will die in sin and die a second death in Hell without hope.

Without repentance, without being "born again" by the Spirit of God, you have no hope of life in God's Kingdom! If you truly desire to know and love God, you must be willing to live in accordance with His righteous decrees and the power and strength to accomplish this is ONLY possible by receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit through repentance of sin and belief in Yeshua as Lord for the remission of said sin! There is no other Way!

Leave me alone. You don't have the right to dictate whether I do or do not know Jesus. That is personal, between Him, and myself. I am reporting you for harassment. if you don't stop posting on my debates and forcing your political opinions on me, there will be a serious problem.
    RickeyD said:

People like you push more people away from Jesus with your judgemental attitude, than the devil himself. Like I have said, you don't have the right to dictate who is and is not a Christian. That is between Jesus, and the individual. I honestly don't care about your feelings, and you need to stop forcing your political opinions on other people. it's not a human right, to force ideas on people, as we should not have a dictatorship. What i do, is between Jesus, and me. Mind your own business.