frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

God is an Atheist!

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; The Christian God, Jesus Christ, created you, the Universe, Time, matter. Pretty big deal. He also died for you to pay your sin-debt so that you could live with Him forever. Rather important and relevant.

smoothieZeusAres42xlJ_dolphin_473Happy_Killbot
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6074 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RickeyD

No, it was Aphrodite, obviously. Your heresy will not remain unnoticed. Aphrodite also has not died and is around, and will punish you, a bad boy, in the afterlife.
    Plaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar ; Please, where can I find that information?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6074 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

You should just let the goddess into your heart. Open your mind and worship her, and she will deliver the required knowledge to you.

You can read The Theogony for a more formal description, but it will seem like fantasy to you, unless you let Aphrodite into your heart. The choice is yours, mortal!
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    @MayCaesar ; Sounds great...enjoy your Eternity.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @ZeusAres42

"God is an Atheist!"

From @Happy_Killbot to @ZeusAres42
    "Would you care if I posted this argument on another site? I have a lot of friends who would probably be interested in it"

@ZeusAres42

And your reply is:

"go for it."

@ZeusAres42

Are you maybe working at developing your own type of "Atheist inspired Ideology?"

And using the internet, in a sense to spread your own ideology?

God's not an Atheist, but it sure sounds great as an Atheist sound bite, doesn't it? 

God created Science, and I'm beginning to believe, that some, are maybe a bit miffed, at that Non Man Made creation, known as Science? 

And the concluding statement of your forum:

What is a Fallacy Noob?

"Now, I understand that some of the "fallacy noobs" will be quick to try and say that I am making the definist fallacy here, and most probably because I've used the term "definition" a lot (I guess I am kind of omniscient in that way ).  Anyway, for the more astute thinkers among us, you will have noticed that I have explained how God is an Atheist according to the various definitions that Atheism often gets defined. I haven't changed the definition to suit myself as that would be fallacious; I have used definitions that other people use as well as the one I use myself and think makes the most sense. Whichever way you spin it God is an Atheist."

You mean whatever way that ZeusAres42 wants to spin his words, is an Atheist. 

Because you have no Scientific Atheist proof, to show to the Globe that God is an Atheist, at the unscientific behest of your individual say so?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @TKDB Why do you think that information technology should be used for anything except sharing information?

That's literally the point of the internet.

Read this. All of this. From the beginning. The whole thing. Like, 3 hours of reading.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2019/08/story-of-us.html
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieDeeZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

*****I once refereed to a female, as a lady, and she got upset, and exclaimed, I'm a woman, and not a lady, explaining that she wasn't "lady," enough to be a lady, so she preferred the term "woman."

Leave your wife out of this 

**** So you're a woman this?

****Your self labeling art-forms: 

What does that even mean?

***how you address yourself,

I don’t “address” myself 

*****has nothing to do with how you want to verbally (Label) me, as wish wish to, now does it? 

What are you even talking about you nut?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I wonder if any of the posters on this excellent topic could offer any advice to @RickeyD @TKDB on their Atheist views as in their denial of Allah? 

As @TKDB keeps asking “ what science book did he consult to dismiss Allah” ? Also his fellow Atheist @RickeyD doesn’t seem to realise that Muhammad was the last revealed prophet thus negating his god so I ask this pair to fall before Allah and repent  before it’s to late 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

I don't have an issue with Islam or Allah.

But you're entitled to view the term Allah, and my arguments as you Atheistically wish to?

"As @TKDB keeps asking “ what science book did he consult to dismiss Allah” ? Also his fellow Atheist @RickeyD doesn’t seem to realise that Muhammad was the last revealed prophet thus negating his god so I ask this pair to fall before Allah and repent  before it’s to late.

Is Allah, or Islam personally able to affect your Atheist lifestyle at all?

If not, then why demean Allah, or Islam? 

From Wikipedia:

"Allah (/ˈælə, ˈɑːlə, əlˈlɑː/;[1][2] Arabic: ٱلل‍َّٰه‎, romanizedAllāhIPA: [ɑɫˈɫɑː(h)] (About this soundlisten)) is the Arabic word for God in Abrahamic religions. In the English language, the word generally refers to God in Islam.[3][4][5] The word is thought to be derived by contraction from al-ilāh, which means "the god", and is related to El and Elah, the Hebrew and Aramaic words for God.[6][7] 

And what non Atheist Science book can you use to discredit God? 
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

"God is an Atheist!"

From @Happy_Killbot to @ZeusAres42
    "Would you care if I posted this argument on another site? I have a lot of friends who would probably be interested in it"

@ZeusAres42

And your reply is:

"go for it."

@ZeusAres42

Are you maybe working at developing your own type of "Atheist inspired Ideology?"

And using the internet, in a sense to spread your own ideology?

God's not an Atheist, but it sure sounds great as an Atheist sound bite, doesn't it? 

God created Science, and I'm beginning to believe, that some, are maybe a bit miffed, at that Non Man Made creation, known as Science? 

And the concluding statement of your forum:

What is a Fallacy Noob?

"Now, I understand that some of the "fallacy noobs" will be quick to try and say that I am making the definist fallacy here, and most probably because I've used the term "definition" a lot (I guess I am kind of omniscient in that way ).  Anyway, for the more astute thinkers among us, you will have noticed that I have explained how God is an Atheist according to the various definitions that Atheism often gets defined. I haven't changed the definition to suit myself as that would be fallacious; I have used definitions that other people use as well as the one I use myself and think makes the most sense. Whichever way you spin it God is an Atheist."

You mean whatever way that ZeusAres42 wants to spin his words, is an Atheist. 

Because you have no Scientific Atheist proof, to show to the Globe that God is an Atheist, at the unscientific behest of your individual say so?
    What scientific proof do have that Allah is not the right God or the Jewish version of God is not the correct one? Have you got any more anti-Semitism and anti-allah views from the pedestal of your anti-theist, anti-Semitism and anti Islamic mindset? 

But what about actually keeping on topic and try to explain how God is not an atheist perhaps? 

Or perhaps the extreme uncomfort this idea has lead you into despair with nothing left to do but to resort to irrelevant bullsht. In fact your entire posts are nothing short of clear acts of desperation that ultimately and inevitably make you look foolish.

You did at least try your best thouh. @TKDB

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** I don't have an issue with Islam or Allah.

Then why don’t you worship Allah?

****But you're entitled to view the term Allah,

“ View the Allah” what the Hell are you on about?

****and my arguments as you Atheistically wish to?

I’m asking why you’re not on your knees  to Allah?

****Is Allah, or Islam personally able to affect your Atheist lifestyle at all?

I asked you a simple question you dummy so tell us why don’t you worship Allah?

*****If not, then why demean Allah, or Islam? 

Still avoiding my question so tell us why do you not worship Allah?

****From Wikipedia:

"Allah (/ˈælə, ˈɑːlə, əlˈlɑː/;[1][2] Arabic: ٱلل‍َّٰه‎, romanizedAllāh, IPA: [ɑɫˈɫɑː(h)] (About this soundlisten)) is the Arabic word for God in Abrahamic religions. In the English language, the word generally refers to God in Islam.[3][4][5] The word is thought to be derived by contraction from al-ilāh, which means "the god", and is related to El and Elah, the Hebrew and Aramaic words for God.[6][7] 

So why don’t you worship Allah 

****And what non Atheist Science book can you use to discredit God? 

And what Christian Science book can you use to discredit the one true god Allah?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Now Allah is being pulled into your forum?

What has Allah, or Islam personally ever done to interfere with your Atheist lifestyle? 

God's not an Atheist, and God created Science.

And there is no Man Made Science book, in existence, that can prove that God is an Atheist. 

And I challenge you to get an interview with God, outside of the conversation from within your own imagination, and be Real World about it.

Because your use of the internet, is lacking in Real World effort. 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

This is the theme:

God is an Atheist!

You're off topic again.

"So why don’t you worship Allah 

****And what non Atheist Science book can you use to discredit God? 

And what Christian Science book can you use to discredit the one true god Allah?"

Is Allah a part of the original premise of this forum?

No, but have a great day. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

****This  is the theme:

God is an Atheist!

I know , you’re off topic as usual

*****Is Allah a part of the original premise of this forum?

You’re deflecting yet again ,what Christian Science book did you use to discredit Allah? Why do you not worship Allah?

Maybe you’re denying Allah with your pro Christian mindset? And using the internet to spread your anti Allah mindset?

Maybe you can get a Christian teacher with his pro Christian mindset to produce a science book dismissing Allah?

Maybe call a press conference with your anti Allah proofs and maybe put Allah on trial?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

It’s obvious @TKDB is an Atheist as he denies Allah .....
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2768 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

It’s obvious @TKDB is an Atheist as he denies Allah .....

What's kind of amusing is the arguments we're giving him are the exact same arguments he is giving us but presented back to him in the opposite version, and he doesn't even realize it. Just goes to show how seriously lacking in any kind of self awareness he actually is.

And what's also amusing is when he tries to defend against these arguments and claims they're coming from our mindsets when there actually his own arguments coming from his own mindset as he is the one that set the tone of this argumentation style. And all we're doing is merely playing along with his pathetic game. What a poor soul he is indeed. @Dee

You gotta love reductio ad consequentia and reductio ad absurdem 

PlaffelvohfenDee

• xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1717 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RickeyD said:
    RickeyD said:
    @MayCaesar ; The Christian God, Jesus Christ, created you, the Universe, Time, matter. Pretty big deal. He also died for you to pay your sin-debt so that you could live with Him forever. Rather important and relevant. 
    I actually consider that to be unimportant and irrelevant because there is no evidence to back this up. Where is your evidence? The Bible is not a valid piece of evidence, as @RS_master has already proved. I will repeat: the Bible is not a good piece of evidence because Jesus's disciples believed they saw God, and therefore wrote about it. You may say that God has given us the Bible as proof for his existence, but this is a logical fallacy because the Bible is written by God's disciples, who obviously want you to trust God. For these reasons, it is both irrelevant and false that God exists and created us. 
    RS_masterPlaffelvohfensmoothieZeusAres42
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I agree with @xlJ_dolphin_473. Adding on to his point the disciples will obviously say you should trust it and if you do not then you die because they want you to believe in their creation. Why else would they make it? They want them and their own religion to be famous and trusted.
    PlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473smoothie
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

It’s great fun watching the Sea Lion more or less argue against himself .....remind me to add in a load more question marks when I reply to him .....I keep forgetting 
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

What book of Science, did you use to come up with your question?

This is not a science discussion. For a science discussion please use the appropriate section. And if you are going to use the science section for a science discussion please make it relavant to actual science. 
    Plaffelvohfen

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6074 Pts   -  
    I would actually say that Lord of the Rings is a better evidence for any claims, than the Bible. At least Lord of the Rings was written by one author who thought the plot through very well and made the story mostly self-consistent. The Bible, on the other hand, was written by many different people, who would often have incompatible views, and as a result the book is full of contradictions. Not to mention that there have been hundreds different Bibles over the course of history, and it is not even clear which of those Bibles one should use as the source.

Lord of the Rings also has beautiful female Elves. Galadriel... mmm. In comparison, what does the Bible have? Religious prudes and virgin angels. Booooooriiiiing!
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2768 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    MayCaesar said:
    I would actually say that Lord of the Rings is a better evidence for any claims, than the Bible. At least Lord of the Rings was written by one author who thought the plot through very well and made the story mostly self-consistent. The Bible, on the other hand, was written by many different people, who would often have incompatible views, and as a result the book is full of contradictions. Not to mention that there have been hundreds different Bibles over the course of history, and it is not even clear which of those Bibles one should use as the source.

Lord of the Rings also has beautiful female Elves. Galadriel... mmm. In comparison, what does the Bible have? Religious prudes and virgin angels. Booooooriiiiing!
    Furthermore, asking for proof of things to with God, especially scientific proof is beyond absurd. Science is a vast subject with multiple subsets with millions of different scientists across the globe all doing things science related which have absolutely nothing to do with God. You and I know (at least I hope you know) that science is not concerned one little bit about whether God exists or who he was; that is not the job of science. Also, all these different individual scientists will have differing views about unfalsfiable ideas. And thus it is also beyond ludicrous to equivocate science wit Atheism. There are millions of scientists across the globe, some of them Muslim, Some Christians, Some Jews, Some Agnostic, Some Atheist, Some Apatheist, etc. @MayCaesar
    MayCaesar

MayCaesar said:
    Well, first of all, if god exists, then we cannot really know what it believes in; perhaps it knows that it has been created, and simply withholds this knowledge from its worshippers for whatever reason.
    For example, in the Forgotten Realms universe, the gods have all been created by the "god of gods", Ao - however, very few mortals know the name "Ao", as gods are not very eager to share his existence with their followers.

This is true and is a good point. I was going by the premises set forth by others; religious people as well as the religious trolls. They set the premises and I just made an argument based on those premises. If according to them God isn't an Atheist then they need to change their stance as is it is their stance I working from. But changing one's position they've held for so long is no easy to task for several people so it would seem.

Finally, in any case, the god does believe that there is god: itself. Depending on the definition of "atheist" you use, this may disqualify it from being an atheist. It may think, "I am the god, and there is no god above me", and it is not clear if it makes it into an atheist.

Again, if we're going by the proposition that God either disbelieves, lacks a belief or Denies a higher power than himself he is still an Atheist by this definition. I had already considered the question about does believing in himself make him a Theist but that doesn't work either. In this instance he is still an Atheist because he either lacks, disbelieves or outright denies a higher power than himself, and believing in a higher power than oneself is exactly what a Theist is. 

MayCaesarxlJ_dolphin_473