frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is it a great day to be an American as Trump is impeached?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

85%? You're definitely more optimistic than me, I'd say right now, his chances are no higher than 55%... He's losing it, have you heard his ramblings about dishwashers and toilets? This impeachment annoys him viscerally, he's going to fumble... He'll push it too far (I may be more optimistic than you that americans will wake up in time... )
    CYDdharta
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

I would not underestimate him. He has been in the media business since late 70-s, and has always managed to convert the most damning situations into marketing campaigns. It may seem like he is rambling sometimes, but he is not a simpleton. He comes across to me as a highly calculating individual, and everything he does has a purpose. His level of intelligence is perhaps not very high, but his ability to read societal trends is spectacular.

I am fairly sure that he saw the impeachment coming a while ago. It is no accident that on the same evening that impeachment occurred, he gave a fiery speech in front of a large crowd, already using the event to his advantage.

He is a master marketer. I cannot emphasise enough the need to take him very seriously.
    Blastcat
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    Pres. Trump hasn't been impeached, according to one of Schiff's own leftist Constitutional scholars.

If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn’t actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn’t truly impeached at all.

That’s because “impeachment” under the Constitution means the House sending its approved articles of to the Senate, with House managers standing up in the Senate and saying the president is impeached.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-12-19/trump-impeachment-delay-could-be-serious-problem-for-democrats

Blastcat
  • all4acttall4actt 315 Pts   -  
    Come on guys how many times are we going to go over this?

First of all Trump is not officially impeached until the House sends the articles over to the Senate.

Second the Senate has no grounds for removal.

The case the House (the prosecution in this case) has presented is so weak in any fact based evidence it is obsurd to think it would ever pass the scrutiny of a trial.

I personally think the Senate should just dismiss it on the basis of lack of any fact based evidence and be done with it.

Maybe if the House had taken it's time and done their due dilligence they may have been able to present something that would actually hold up, but they didn't.

Before you get on your high horses about the President blocking witnesses.  The House didn't issue but 2 subpoenas that I know of.  One to Bolton who went to court for judicial review (which is standard practice) and the Democratic counsel walked into court and withdrew the subpoena.  Why?  The second I beliveve they issued to Mcgahn.  In that case  the Democrats won with caveat of the judge stating that none of the officials working under the president were allowed to ignore the subpoenas.  Did they turn around and issue more subpoenas? No.  They didn't even bother to call Mcgahn as a witness.  

The fact of the matter is that putting together a real case didn't fit in their timeline.  So they botched their chance.  

Their case as the prosecutors has been made.  They can't now go back and say we need more witnesses if it goes to trial in the Senate.  The only thing they might be able to request are rebuttal witnesses if they have any to the defense's witnesses.

I said it before and I will say it again.  If this was a case against anybody else.  I think we would all agree that the lack of facts would outrage us if the person was convicted.  Also we would be a bit annoyed with what little effort the prosecutors actually put into the case.
    CYDdharta
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -  
    Indeed, this is easily the laziest attempt at an impeachment so far. All the accusations ultimately come down to "We just do not like the guy"; even if all the accusations were true (and there is no evidence to suggest they are), they still would hardly form the ground for impeachment.

There are many reasons to criticise Trump and question his ability to do his job, but the ones Democrats came up with are not some of them. It seems to me that Democrats are not going after the actual Trump's misdoings, because they know that in the process their own misdoings of the same kind would come up, and they would only damage their position even more. The Democratic Party is just as corrupt, maybe more so at this point, than the Republican Party, and they really cannot win a fair contest. So they go after low-hanging fruits - but in this particular case low-hanging fruits happen to all be rotten.
    Blastcat
  • Phil413Phil413 37 Pts   -  
    @Dee- it's not a great day to be an American; it's an embarrassing day to be one, as a man was convicted without ANY concrete evidence. If this was tried in a public court, it would have been thrown out in court for lack of, and hearsay evidence. This is a political witch hunt plain and simple. And sorry, Bill C was rightly impeached, as the evidence against him was concrete. 
    CYDdharta
  • Don't members of both parties have to agree that Trump is impeached for him to be impeached?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Phil413

*****  it's not a great day to be an American; it's an embarrassing day to be one, as a man was convicted without ANY concrete evidence. 

F—k him , he’s a loud mouthed buffoon  

****If this was tried in a public court, it would have been thrown out in court for lack of, and hearsay evidence

Nonsense 

. *****This is a political witch hunt plain and simple. And sorry, Bill C was rightly impeached, as the evidence against him was concrete.  

Bill was another f—k ones as bad as the other 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

He's going to be reelected this year.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

****** I don’t doubt that , years ago when he first ran internationally everyone thought it a joke but then we remember you come from a nation that prides itself on voting sleazeballs ( Nixon) complete Idiots Bush junior and now a clown ...... nothing surprising about it 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Has your question, served its created purpose?

"Is it a great day to be an American as Trump is impeached?"

(He's going to be reelected this year.)

"****** I don’t doubt that , years ago when he first ran internationally everyone thought it a joke but then we remember you come from a nation that prides itself on voting sleazeballs ( Nixon) complete Idiots Bush junior and now a clown ...... nothing surprising about it."

Because you continue to educate me on your individual views in regards to the U.S., and it's current POTUS. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** Has your question, served its created purpose?

Has your answer , served its created purpose?
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Are you going to debate in a Fair and Equal manner? 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Has your question, served its created purpose?

Blastcat