frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you like watching a family program with your kids, & having an LGBT commercial come on?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• So my feelings are of no importance, but the feelings of activists who are threatening the Halmark channel with lost sponserships are of value? Thanks for insulting me and calling my opinions and feelings as worthless. People on Left, on this site, love trying to get people banned for such insults!

So you are ok with commercials showing children kissing abults? How about having commercials showing a man getting married to 30 women?
    If you think LGBT diversity should have access to our children's minds, then all groups should have access.

Pedophiles, who say they would never act on their attractions to children, because it is against the law, say they also are born having attractions for children! They say the same things as Gays say. They say they have no choice for their attractions. Under LGBT logic, Pedophiles should be shown tolerance for their diversity.

THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PARENTS WHO DO CARE WHAT THEIR CHILDREN SEE ON COMMERICALS DURING FAMILY SHOWS.

What is wrong with Pedophile activist groups pressuring family programming to air commericals fighting for the right to marry consenting children?

In this new anything goes world of LGBT extemism, no groups should be discriminated against for their attractions, no mater who disagrees!@piloteer
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    So you are ok with commercials showing children kissing abults? How about having commercials showing a man getting married to 30 women?
    If you think LGBT diversity should have access to our children's minds, then all groups should have access.

Pedophiles, who say they would never act on their attractions to children, because it is against the law, say they also are born having attractions for children! They say the same things as Gays say. They say they have no choice for their attractions. Under LGBT logic, Pedophiles should be shown tolerance for their diversity.

What is wrong with Pedophile activist groups pressuring family programming to air commericals fighting for the right to marry consenting children?

In this new anything goes world of LGBT extemism, no groups should be discriminated against for their attractions, no mater who disagrees!
    @We_are_accountable https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
    We_are_accountable
    why so serious?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

Lets get the English lesson out of the way:
    "secularocracy" is not a word, you can just say "secular policy"

With that out of the way, the US is a secular nation, not a Christian one. It was not founded on Christian values. It was not founded for Christians. Separation of church and state is one of our founding principals, as embodied in the first amendment to the constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It is therefore completely un-American and in violation of the constitution to place religious symbols on public land, unless you grant every religion the right to do so. That means the Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists, Scientologists, Pagans, Satanists, and all the countless others should have the right to do so if Christians can. The alternative, which makes much more sense is to say no to everyone, but of course they can still put up such symbols on private land which they own.

I find your fascist policy that the community should decide on religious symbols rather appalling. The government should not have the right to favor any one religion over another, even if that religion is a majority.
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • I already explained my stance on that issue with you. I SAID ALL RELIGIONS WOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DISPLAY SYMBOLS IF THE MAJORITY IN THOSE COMMUNITITES VOTED TO DO SO!

Stop being deceptive!

I said that the Federal Government can not force any community to display one religious symbol over another. Is this too hard to grasp?

You just quoted the Constitution telling us that a big federal Government CAN NOT PROHIBIT THE FREE EXERCISE OF RELIGION!

Why does the Left always twist the Constitution's intent when it comes to censoring religious freedom?@Happy_Killbot
    @We_are_accountable

I've already explained how this policy is unconstitutional.

See, the community can not vote to support just one religion, they can vote all or nothing. There is no in between.

You are the one twisting the constitution, not me.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

This does not mean the community gets to vote on which religious symbols can and can not get put up on public grounds, because if the community votes yes on one set, but no on another, they just violated the constitution... It that simple.

Stop calling me "the Left". 
    smoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Can I call you west? How bout "other than right"? Oooo, or right disabled. I like that one. Portside? Blue state? 9 o'clock? If you rearrange the letters in "left", you can spell "felt". That one's swanky. What do you think? 
    Happy_KillbotWe_are_accountablesmoothie
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6069 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @We_are_accountable

The way the market works, your feelings are only of as much importance to it as private companies can make money off them. If they can make less money off your feelings than, say, off my feelings, then they will prioritise content aimed at me and not you.

In any case, I do not understand what you are complaining about. There are plenty of TV channels promoting your position. Why are you upset that there are also TV channels promoting a different position? Nobody forces you to watch them.

You are being a little baby, unable to handle the fact that there are people out there interested in a different product than you. How much more fragile can you be than to see a lesbian wedding on one channel and throw a fit?
    Happy_KillbotWe_are_accountablesmoothieBlastcat
  • Mint_TeaMint_Tea 21 Pts   -  
    If you have links to these commercials then you should provide them.  Unless of course you mean you are watching a commercial that has two daddies feeding their children cereal or having family time outside.  That's not any different than a commercial with a hetero couple.
    Happy_KillbotsmoothieWe_are_accountable
    @Mint_Tea

I have asked this guy to provide links to these ads several times, but he refuses, as if he believes it is our responsibility to make his points for him.

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2765 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    LGBT activist groups are threatening the Hallmark channel with boycotts if they refuse to allow LGBT commericals! The Left is truly becoming Big Brother at it's worse. They lack any respect for those who do not agree with them. This is why Trump was elected. This power grab must stop.

Trump is not dumb as some people think. I mean let's face it, one of the ways in which he became President was by playing on the Dumb people's prejudices and there are plenty of dumb people out there with plenty of dumb prejudices. About half or more what he said was and never intended to be implemented; it was just telling people what they wanted to hear, and most of you suckers fell for it.

We_are_accountable

• Trump is the most determined President, to accomplish his promises to the people, I have ever seen!

He is what America had been crying for for decades! A man who does what he says he will do.

His list of sccomplishments is mind blowing!@ZeusAres42
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Ha , Ha even Debra thinks the Bible is inconsiderate and has to be censored .......

Here’s an idea turn the tv off and read the Bible to your kids and you won’t get any of that awful “leftist “ nonsense hurled at you 

Here’s a beautiful bible passage the whole family might enjoy ......

Ezekiel 23:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genit—s were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

@We_are_accountable ; So it's just a commercial featuring a lesbian couple?  That's not indoctrinating, that's just an advertisement for a wedding service.  Again, how is it any different from a hetero couple?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • You see, you just refuse to get it. You simply can not accept that other people see Homosexuality, Transgenderism, etc. as unnatural sexual orientations. We don't want our impressionable children seeing two women kissing and getting married, and having them beliving it is a natural normal order to life. We don't want them experimenting the first time some Lesbian comes on to them.

It matters not if you don't agree with myself and others... we have a right to our beliefs and a right to raise up our children, in our own homes, in an environment that does not go opposite the Science of Biology, or our religious beliefs.

Controverisal issues should never be aired on family programming where children might be watching. This is such common sense respect for other's beliefs! It's truly astounding how arrogant these activist groups are when trying to indoctrinate our children.

I would not want a Christian Pastor witnessing, on a non religious TV channel, to your child against your will. I have enough respect for you not to push it on your children when I know you do not want me to.

The arrogance of the Left is what Conservatives are so against. You respect our beliefs and we will respect your's. It's that simple!

I have no problem with Gays, Transgenders, living any way they please, AS LONG as they do not try to influence my children to believe it is a natural thing. Biology teaches it is not!
    I do not believe anyone should ever be bullied or abused for their diversity. If the Left truly wants to get America to be tolerant towards everyone, then you must first be tolerant and resectful of our beliefs and how we want to raise our own children.@Mint_Tea
    Plaffelvohfen
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable So you are against every single same-sex relationship featured in commercials only because of your beliefs?

There are many flat earthers who hate media featuring globe earth. Should every commercial cater specifically to their beliefs and only show a flat Earth?
    There are many racists who still want mixed-race marriages to be banned. Should all mixed-race couple representation be banned from commercials?
    There are many anti-vaxxers who hate vaccines. Should all commercials featuring vaccination be banned?
    There are people with Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, the fear of long words. Should all commercials use words with only 2-3 syllables max?

Why do you feel so entitled that the media and commercials should revolve around your beliefs? Do you want to destroy freedom of the press and free-market capitalism because of your sensitivity and arrogance?

(Your biology/science claim and naturality claim is against facts per usual, as we have already disproven)
    why so serious?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6069 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

What if I view heterosexuality as an unnatural sexual orientation and do not want my impressionable children seeing a man and a woman kissing and getting married?  Does this give me an oppressed card to play and to tell TV channels what to show and what not to show?

This is a free market capitalism. You personally can have any desires you want, and the market allows you to choose the products you want and discard the rest. If you do not want your children watching homosexual content, then purchase a TV package consisting of channels that do not have that content. 
    Do not expect the market to do all the legwork for you. The market provides you with choice; you do not get to force your choice on other market participants.

I think also that if your children are so impressionable that an LGBT ad is going to hurt them emotionally, then you should seriously reconsider your parenting methods. One of the roles of the parent is to prepare their kids for adult life, and your kids are not going to be prepared for it if they cannot handle anything that does not conform with the values you are trying to instil in them.
    smoothieMint_TeaBlastcat
  • I have this thing called intelligence and understand the Science of Biology. Commericals should not be conditioning our children to deny the Science of Biology and the natural order to life.

All those examples you gave did not go against Science! They were not teaching our chuldren to experiment with unnatural sexual orientations!

It matters not how you feel about Homosexuality. Try having some respect for parents who do not agree and want their children to be taugh the basics to how our bodies are designed.@smoothie
    smoothie
  • Take Biology once more and learn the obvious natural order to life!

I don't care if you think Pedophiles should be able to marry consenting children, or if there are little purple men eating cheese on the moon, we have rational people in this world who want to protect our children against all the unnatural fetishes out there.@MayCaesar
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

I am actually a scientist, so you picked the wrong target. Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality; it is found in countless different species, and homosexual members of those species do not seem to have any other consistent deviations from the norm, suggesting that they are fully healthy ones.

Any appeal to homosexuality being somehow unnatural or wrong is inherently subjective, and I can similarly use my subjective opinion to appeal to heterosexuality being somehow wrong. I will not, of course, because I prefer not to divide people into groups based on such irrelevant parameters; I despise identity politics - but I could, in principle, and your argument would not be any more valid than mine.

The point is, your individual preferences do not allow you to dictate to the market what content to produce. The market gives you options, and it is up to you to choose the ones that work best for you.
    smoothieMint_TeaPlaffelvohfenBlastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    All those examples you gave did not go against Science!

Commericals should not be conditioning our children to deny the Science of Biology
    @We_are_accountable Flat Earth is a scientific fact?

Again, it does not go against "the science of biology" as you stated. Fraternal birth order proves that hormones exposed to the fetus can affect sexuality. As well as cerebral differences in a same-sex attracted human's brain structure. Animals also naturally exhibit homosexuality without any interference, and sexuality still isn't a paraphilia (fetish)

You may call your stance "beliefs" as you have stated. Science certainly does not follow what you are saying

It matters not how you feel about Homosexuality.
    Correct. You are making my argument for me. It doesn't matter what you believe when commercials have the freedom of the press and can show anything they want.
    why so serious?
    @We_are_accountable
    Of course you have the right to believe in what you want.  Just as others have the right to believe in what they want.  If you don't like a certain commercial for some particular reason you have the right to change the channel.  You have the right to tell your kids that some families are different.  That doesn't mean people are going to agree with you.  If you don't agree with homosexuality that's on you but a commercial that HAPPENS to feature a gay couple is no different than one that happens to feature a hetero couple.
    smoothiePlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
  • There is a difference! That's the entire point! Just because you have swallowed all this LGBT hysteria, does not mean we all have!

Many of us understand the Science of Biology!!! We understand there is a difference between Heterosexuals and Homosexuals! We understand that one is the natural order to how are bodies are designed. The other is some sort of a mental disorder whereby people do not have the natural attractions to the opposite sex.

This is a very controversial issue and those types of issues should not be aired on family programming. For you not to understand this is truly amazing! TRULY!

Nobody denies having commercials shown that we might not all agree with, but when it comes to sex and our impressionable children, these topics should be kept off commercials. Kids look up to adults for learning the natural order to life, and it is VERY important that our kids are not preyed upon by Homosexuals who might try to seduce them.

Let's say you have a 11 year old heterosexual daughter,. How would you like having another 11 year old Lesbian come on to her after your daughter had been conditioned by these Lesbian commercials to see it as another natural sexual orientation?

Probably you don't care, BUT I DO! I understand that these commercials are conditioning our children to possibly experiment. Kids should be protected from  these adult topics until they are old enough to understand it and make their own mature decisions. People always say how kids are too young to conset to sex with adults, or drinking alcohol, etc. etc. but when it comes to Homosexuality you think they are mature enough to understand it all?

You do realize there was a reason why they stopped showing cigarette commercials on TV correct? According to you I guess we should just talk to our kids and stop worrying about these tobacco commercials targeting them correct? Think about what you are saying!
    @Mint_Tea
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieDee
    @We_are_accountable

Yes, there is a difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals; no, the difference is not in that one is "natural" and another is not. Both are natural, and if you do not acknowledge it, then, indeed, you do not understand biology (which is science, by the way; "science of biology" is tautology).
    This is not a controversial issue at all. In fact, it is not even an issue. It is just something to acknowledge.

If I had a daughter who, as a result of LGBT commercials, would become more prone to considering lesbian relationships, I would only be happy for her, as the pool of her potential partners would increase significantly. And if my overall heterosexual daughter wanted to experiment with lesbian stuff, I would be all for it. It is good to give people choices and let them decide for themselves what works for them.

They stopped showing cigarette commercials on TV? I have not watched TV for 12 years, so I had no idea. Back when I was a teen, they showed cigarette and alcohol commercials all the time, and I had no problem with it, nor did my parents. Have not had a cigarette in my life, and have not bought my first bottle of alcohol up until I was 27.
    smoothieWe_are_accountableBlastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    but when it comes to Homosexuality you think they are mature enough to understand it all?
    @We_are_accountable Much of the major entertainment companies for children think children can understand love and relationships, what's the difference? Should you ban beauty and beast?

How would you like having another 11 year old Lesbian come on to her after your daughter had been conditioned by these Lesbian commercials
    This has absolutely ZERO scientific evidence either. People cannot catch "gay" from watching a homosexual couple, even kids. Name any proof this actually happens instead of your anti-gay fantasy

I'm not even going to attempt to respond to your ignorant comments as you ignore every scientific proof that biology proves homosexuality. Your "natural order" propaganda is also still a weak argument given previous evidence. It's definitely not a mental disorder after being removed classification as such in 1973 by the science you tout so much. Please get back to me when you start accepting scientific fact.
    We_are_accountable
    why so serious?
  • You are the anything goes new age culture. Nothing bothers you and then you scratch your head when people get vinereal diseases, or pregnant, or a single mothers working two jobs because the one night stand did not work out too good, or all the fatherless children being raised by case workers, etc.

It's sad that you are blind to all the problems created by this anything goes culture. There are consequences to this amoral culture you so readily embrace.@MayCaesar
    smoothie
  • LOL, do you mean after doctors were threatened with law suits if they continued to state that Homosexuality was a disorder? There is no Science there, just Big Brother bullying!

Who said that anyone could catch Gay? I said kids will experiment with all types of unnatural sex because commercials conditioned them to think it is normal. Have you heard of Bisexuality? Homosexuality will never be normal no matter how many times you say it. I took Biology and understand the natural design of our bodies.@smoothie
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

Life is about making choices, and some choices you make are going to hurt you in the long run. I do not approve of every choice everybody makes, but I believe that people should have the opportunity to make those choices. That is liberty 101, and this is the core idea this great country was founded on.

I can handle the problems arising from this. They are definitely preferable to the problems arising in a nanny state, where the government protects poor defenseless people from everything.
    Blastcat
    @We_are_accountable
    If a lesbian girl went after my daughter it would be no different than a male trying to start a relationship.  If my daughter isn't interested in the person in that way then she'll say so.  
    How about instead of letting TV raise your child you talk to them about what you believe is a good partnership?  Tell them that there are people out there that find love between the same genders- that consensual relationships come in all colors and genders but that you don't agree with it and think it's just mass hysteria and not a biological process no matter what science says otherwise, and you think it's wrong and disgusting and not up to your standards.  Of course that puts the blame on you if your child is too scared to come to you with any issues they have in fear of being castigated and tossed aside because you don't like their decisions but hey, at least your indoctrinating your child to think the way you want them to.
    Do you seriously think homosexuality is the same as cancer?  You can't be serious about your attempt at a comparison there.
    @Mint_Tea

The whole thing about "coming out" is a result of authoritarian parents pressuring their kids into narrow worldviews. There is so much drama about "coming out to your parents", where some kids even record this on a hidden camera, so they could later use it against parents in case they react too harshly.

It should not be a matter at all.
    "Hi, mom and dad."
    "Hi, daughter. You wanted to talk to us about something?"
    "Yes, there is a person at school that I really like. She is a girl. How do I ask her out without it being weird?"
    "Oh, just be direct. Tell her, 'Hi, I really like you romantically. Would you like to go out for a date with me?'"
    "What if she is heterosexual?"
    "She will just say that. But you do not know until you ask. Good luck, my daughter, and tell us tomorrow how it went!"

Imagine parents that actually support their kid in everything, rather than keeping him/her on a leash and trying to force everything on him/her. Not too much to ask, is it?

My parents are fairly conservative in this regard, but they are not controlling, and they told me explicitly a long time ago, "While we hope that you find a girl one day and have a family and biological kids, we will fully support you if you choose a guy or a transsexual instead." They are always on my side, and even when I make hard decisions they strongly disagree with, they understand my struggles and have my back always. I pity people who have authoritarian parents instead... Like my uncle who always told his kids what to do and would get physical as soon as they showed even the slightest hint of disobedience. Screw this kind of parents.
    Blastcat
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1717 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable
    What's the problem? When I am watching a TV program with my family and an LGBT commercial comes on, I usually don't think much of it. I think it's important that kids understand what LGBT is, and that it's OK to be gay (or lesbian, bisexual, etc), because if they don't understand that, it could cause social problems in later life.